Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Veterinary Medicine, Anatomy Or Physiology? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Veterinary Medicine, Anatomy Or Physiology? (791 Views)

Human Anatomy Or Physiology? / Please Which Course Is Better Between Anatomy And Physiology / A Detailed Analysis Of Veterinary Medicine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Veterinary Medicine, Anatomy Or Physiology? by eyebee01(m): 3:34pm On May 19, 2019
Good day fellow nairalnders. Please I need your pieces of advice for my kid sister. Her wish has been to study medicine. Last year she wrote jamb and got 218 and choose Federal University, dutse, jigawa but she wasn't given admission. It's important to mention that the university is not catchment area for her state as she is from north central but chose there due to our believe that it will be easier since they are just starting the course and the university is relatively new. Fast forward to this year, she stil got exactly the same score albeit choosing unilorin dis time. Of course we know that can't give her MBBS but from my findings it's enough for anatomy, physiology and vet medicine. I also learnt if she is able to be among the best 10 in each of anatomy and physiology after her first year, she can cross over to medicine. But she doesn't like the idea of vet medicine cos she feel there is stigma around it-animal doctor or something like that. Should I ask her to change to anatomy /physiology where she will hv the opportunity to switch over to medicine or convince her to study vet medicine. Meanwhile she can't switch to MBBS from vet medicine. I wouldn't want her to stay at home for another year again. Your contributions based on experiences, the viability of the courses in terms of job opportunities and pay package are needed. Thanks in anticipation.
Please MODS help move it to front page for necessary attention
Re: Veterinary Medicine, Anatomy Or Physiology? by iOluwaMichael(m): 4:26pm On May 19, 2019
Speaking from experience, Unilorins admission is not straightforward.

My advice choose another school, and change to Physiology, since she doesn't like Vet. Med. (I would suggest Unibadan).
And if she does very well in her first year, she sure can change to MBBS.

And while in first year also, she can also take another jamb form.

But in terms of job opportunities for Physiology in Nigeria, the only feasible one is lecturing job, and some universities will rather employ mbbs grads to lecture anatomy and physiology instead of those who majored in those courses.

My 1 cent...

1 Like

Re: Veterinary Medicine, Anatomy Or Physiology? by eyebee01(m): 4:48pm On May 19, 2019
iOluwaMichael:
Speaking from experience, Unilorins admission is not straightforward.

My advice choose another school, and change to Physiology, since she doesn't like Vet. Med. (I would suggest Unibadan).
And if she does very well in her first year, she sure can change to MBBS.

And while in first year also, she can also take another jamb form.

But in terms of job opportunities for Physiology in Nigeria, the only feasible one is lecturing job, and some universities will rather employ mbbs grads to lecture anatomy and physiology instead of those who majored in those courses.

My 1 cent...
Thanks. But what is ur view of vet medicine, forget whether she likes it or not first
Re: Veterinary Medicine, Anatomy Or Physiology? by Themhi1: 5:10pm On May 19, 2019
what was her putme score at FUD last year?
Re: Veterinary Medicine, Anatomy Or Physiology? by iOluwaMichael(m): 6:51pm On May 19, 2019
eyebee01:

Thanks. But what is ur view of vet medicine, forget whether she likes it or not first

Vet medicine is lucrative if she gets a good environment to set up. And from what I've seen from my friends who just finished vet, it doesn't all revolve around treating animals. So to an extent, its lucrative, and I will even prefer it over Physiology.
Re: Veterinary Medicine, Anatomy Or Physiology? by eyebee01(m): 7:39pm On May 19, 2019
Themhi1:
what was her putme score at FUD last year?
210 or 212.can't remember d exact

(1) (Reply)

JAMB 2019 Withheld Result, Affected Candidates Should Read This! / 5 Ultimate Tips To Dominating In Medical School / Free Scholarship at 1st- 3rd Year For B.Agric. in Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.