Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? (23322 Views)

Please Can HIV Be Treated And Fully Recovered After 5 Years Without Treatment. / NACA: Akwa Ibom, Benue Have The Highest Number Of HIV Positive Persons / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by salomoney: 12:00pm On May 20, 2019
It's a capital No.....you have to be physically, mentally and psychological sound before you can join Nigerian Army.......talking from recent experience. Having HIV will automatically disqualify you.......mine was only blurness in my right eye, I was disqualified. Pple with common teeth problem were disqualified, and also pple with high b.p were disqualified too.

1 Like

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by oseka101(m): 2:31pm On May 20, 2019
travelwaka:
I think so there shouldn't be discrimination
even if your teeth or BMI or you use glasses your out!!! passing medicals is really tough......

1 Like

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by oseka101(m): 2:35pm On May 20, 2019
salomoney:
It's a capital No.....you have to be physically, mentally and psychological sound before you can join Nigerian Army.......talking from recent experience. Having HIV will automatically disqualify you.......mine was only blurness in my right eye, I was disqualified. Pple with common teeth problem were disqualified, and also pple with high b.p were disqualified too.
mine was left � � � after finish cooking i. taraba!!!
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by Ttipsy(f): 6:21pm On May 20, 2019
essentialB:
HIV is no longer a death sentence as before. Advanced medical research has been able to produce medications that are able to suppress the virus in the body if taken religiously within 3 to 6 months. It supresses it to become undetectable in your blood and therefore untransmissible too. The good thing is that these medications are readily available in almost all hiv centers in Nigeria. Being undectatable doesn’t mean the virus is no longer in the body but as long as one continues with the ART it remains like that for life. But if one stops thinking it’s no more there the viral load rebounds and may become resistant to the drugs. So go to any hiv clinic and be on the newest ART and in less than 6 months and you will live your normal life and go for any medical interview for any job without fear. Hiv is now regarded as a chronic illness like diabetes and hypertension which can be well managed for life. And there’s a big hope of getting the cure soonest. You can also goggle to check all I have written here.
Thank you... Help me tell them oh
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by mechanics(m): 6:52pm On May 20, 2019
I don't think so.
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by essentialB(f): 7:33pm On May 20, 2019
mechanics:
I don't think so.
Bring your own facts here let’s see. Meanwhile check google for latest information on hiv before coming to argue here. This shows that Nigerians are completely ignorant about hiv.
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by mechanics(m): 8:45pm On May 20, 2019
essentialB:
Bring your own facts here let’s see. Meanwhile check google for latest information on hiv before coming to argue here. This shows that Nigerians are completely ignorant about hiv.
So are you telling me that people who have HIV won't get work in the civil service abi?
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by essentialB(f): 9:32pm On May 20, 2019
mechanics:
So are you telling me that people who have HIV won't get work in the civil service abi?

We are saying the same thing bros. Hiv is never an inhibition to ones career in life any more. It’s been proved that hiv can be managed and the carriers will live full normal life with effective ART. Latest medications are able to make the virus undectatable in the blood after some months of consistent treatment. But unfortunately from most of the comments I have seen here it’s like many Nigerians still have the old age belief that once you have hiv your end has suddenly come. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by jimmyLd101: 4:37pm On May 21, 2019
HenryDion:

How old are you? Probably 14.

If by chance you're beyond that age, know that you're already a wasted shit. Your mentality can take you NOWHERE.

Now, I'm waiting for you to bark.
I will see where your own mentality will take you . Methuselah
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 21, 2019
jimmyLd101:
I will see where your own mentality will take you . Methuselah

Like predicted, your barked. Now bark again cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fake Doctor Arrested For Killing Patients In Ondo State / Being AS Genotype As A Man Is Affecting My Plans Of Getting Married / 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.