Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? (23343 Views)

Help Me Confirm If I Am HIV Positive / NACA: Akwa Ibom, Benue Have The Highest Number Of HIV Positive Persons / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by sikowitz17: 12:43am On May 20, 2019
I went for the short service screening... Ordinary hign blood pressure , you'd be sent home...they tested everything... I was sent home cos they diagnosed me with cardiomegaly...and I tested in 3 other hospitals outside and I didn't have it..they take their medicals pretty seriously.. Somebody from my state was sent home cos he had flat foot...you can never make it in I you have HIV

1 Like

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by perdollar(m): 12:52am On May 20, 2019
military is HIV, HIV is military until proven otherwise.
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by kalu61(m): 1:24am On May 20, 2019
queengift:

This your comment can send on into depression, let's watch our comments.

Remember you can contact HIV tomorrow.
so he should hide fact because HIV person is reading.
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by stagger: 1:44am On May 20, 2019
Paulpeterparker:
Discrimination at the highest level is what we have in our arm forces. how does being hiv positive stops you from being a good force man but having pot belly does not. Nigeria is dead and just waiting to get decayed soon.

Because when you get shot in battle and you are bleeding, you constitute a major risk to your unit's first responders and fellow soldiers who will attend to your injuries.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by Soulmender: 2:00am On May 20, 2019
jimmyLd101:
Some people no even get sense you get HIV you they find Nigeria Navy abi na waiting him talk self are you medically fit? You get HIV na Oyo be ur case nobody wan sell form for yourself no be America we they ooo.You get HIV better go die jeje

Congrats, you're now at the highest level of stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by Nobody: 2:22am On May 20, 2019
jimmyLd101:
Some people no even get sense you get HIV you they find Nigeria Navy abi na waiting him talk self are you medically fit? You get HIV na Oyo be ur case nobody wan sell form for yourself no be America we they ooo. You get HIV better go die jeje

How old are you? Probably 14.

If by chance you're beyond that age, know that you're already a wasted shit. Your mentality can take you NOWHERE.

Now, I'm waiting for you to bark.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by SjMbula(m): 3:08am On May 20, 2019
YOU MUST BE MEDICALLY AND PHYSICALLY FIT.
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by spiceadole: 3:41am On May 20, 2019
Ninethmare:
Please is there restriction for HIV positive person joining the military or para military in Nigeria?

Cause I very sure those with HIV will want to know

Please your contribution is needed.

Thanks

No. They are not allowed to.
Military training is "Bloody"
Exposes others to risk of contracting infections .

However, lots of military personnels are HIV positive.

This is coming from a medical doctor who worked as a civilian staff in a military training base, Airforce precisely
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by spiceadole: 3:42am On May 20, 2019
sikowitz17:
I went for the short service screening... Ordinary hign blood pressure , you'd be sent home...they tested everything... I was sent home cos they diagnosed me with cardiomegaly...and I tested in 3 other hospitals outside and I didn't have it..they take their medicals pretty seriously.. Somebody from my state was sent home cos he had flat foot...you can never make it in I you have HIV

High blood pressure is not ordinary in any case...
You cannot undergo military training with high blood pressure.
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by Madas1986(m): 5:08am On May 20, 2019
jimmyLd101:
Some people no even get sense you get HIV you they find Nigeria Navy abi na waiting him talk self are you medically fit? You get HIV na Oyo be ur case nobody wan sell form for yourself no be America we they ooo.You get HIV better go die jeje
May the good Lord deliver you cos I wen I check very well you no well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by Josephshola: 5:49am On May 20, 2019
HitSong:

Hiv positive people should never be allowed in the military.

Hiv is a disease condition and the military should be for people that are very fit.

That's the bitter truth.
you are funny because the person said it out that he his HIV POSITIVE. At list 20% of the army have it already so why
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by cardoctor(m): 5:55am On May 20, 2019
Ordinary craw craw for ur yansh alone don disqualify u from screening.

1 Like

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by umarshehu58(m): 5:57am On May 20, 2019
Wahleehk10:
Abi u want to know. Its not the end of life yet.

You ehn!

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by Failure44: 6:29am On May 20, 2019
Paulpeterparker:
Discrimination at the highest level is what we have in our arm forces. how does being hiv positive stops you from being a good force man but having pot belly does not. Nigeria is dead and just waiting to get decayed soon.
You're a very foolish person.
The army is for the fit, HIV itself weakens the immune system, How can an HIV patient survive in the harsh environments that soldiers go through?

1 Like

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by Failure44: 6:50am On May 20, 2019
queengift:

How? you are part of our problems in this country
Is an HIv person medically fit?
Can he handle the rough and harsh dirty environments?
HIV weakens the immune system, how can he survive in such areas?
Don't be a fool, Soon you say the army should accept people with cancer and autism.

1 Like

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by deltateam: 6:59am On May 20, 2019
jimmyLd101:

This is insensitive and thoughtless. Anyone can contact it and don't think its only through sex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by essentialB(f): 7:14am On May 20, 2019
HIV is no longer a death sentence as before. Advanced medical research has been able to produce medications that are able to suppress the virus in the body if taken religiously within 3 to 6 months. It supresses it to become undetectable in your blood and therefore untransmissible too. The good thing is that these medications are readily available in almost all hiv centers in Nigeria. Being undectatable doesn’t mean the virus is no longer in the body but as long as one continues with the ART it remains like that for life. But if one stops thinking it’s no more there the viral load rebounds and may become resistant to the drugs. So go to any hiv clinic and be on the newest ART and in less than 6 months and you will live your normal life and go for any medical interview for any job without fear. Hiv is now regarded as a chronic illness like diabetes and hypertension which can be well managed for life. And there’s a big hope of getting the cure soonest. You can also goggle to check all I have written here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by Doingright(f): 7:24am On May 20, 2019
Paulpeterparker:
they were not recruited having pot belly they grew it after d recruitment

1 Like

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by Doingright(f): 7:29am On May 20, 2019
Josephshola:
you are funny because the person said it out that he his HIV POSITIVE. At list 20% of the army have it already so why
only those who contact it after the full recruitment u mean? You can never be recruited being positive

1 Like

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by Vetsolo(m): 7:40am On May 20, 2019
you would be screaned out unless ur leg. long

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by Justpd: 8:02am On May 20, 2019
jimmyLd101:
symbol Pb (from the Latin plumbum) and
atomic number 82. It is a heavy metal that
is denser than most common materials.
Lead is soft and malleable, and also has a
relatively low melting point. I don't understand you what do you have in your own blood. alarun

You're not even smart, stop trying hard.
Your comments reek of disgust
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by sunnyblue26: 8:11am On May 20, 2019
yes nau, they should just send them to the war front so everything can end very quick, kiss undecided grin too much sense no go kill me
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by 1759ademola(m): 8:27am On May 20, 2019
The military don't allow. However, malaria is also a disease if there is no drugs. HIV/AIDS may be recruited into the non-sensitive part of the Army jobs
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by penplus: 9:13am On May 20, 2019
All these self righteous people commenting.

Is it not through sex that HIV is contacted?

Some of una self don over do pass those with HIV.

Why the pretence and hypocrisy?

Na waooo

1 Like

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by Nobody: 9:38am On May 20, 2019
No.
Soldiers are rapists.
You will spread it.
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by perryy(m): 10:11am On May 20, 2019
HIV tests should be discontinued. It means nothing and saves no life. The test only read some dead chromosome in your body and nothing HIV. Do more researches and get the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by johnmirabel: 10:37am On May 20, 2019
PLEASE ALWAYS PLAY SAFE... AIDS NO DE SHOW FOR FACE O! sad sad sad
Re: Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? by omimigaius(m): 11:20am On May 20, 2019
[quote author=Paulpeterparker post=78538957]Discrimination at the highest level is what we have in our arm forces. how does being hiv positive stops you from being a good force man but having pot belly does not. Nigeria is dead and just waiting to get decayed soon.[/quote]

My brother, there will be a medical test to ascertain your state of health. Somepeople with ordinary surgical marks, suspicious bmi or even shifted eyesight will find it difficult get clearance.
So don't just bring the politics of discrimination into it, their requirements are clearly written in their forms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload / 296 New COVID-19 Cases, 445 Discharged And 1 Death On August 27 - (3022 Tested) / Nigerian Lady Dies In Liberia As Search Begins To Locate Her Family. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.