Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,676 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) (1825 Views)

Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions / Were You Compensated By MTN For Slow Data Speed? / How To Get 1GB Data Bundle On MTN For Just N100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by topmag2019: 8:22am On May 20, 2019
News By Nigeriapen.com.ng

[img]http://topmag.pw/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/A-telecom-mast-1.png[/img]

Globacom and Aritel are currently challenging MTN as the dominant operator in the telecommunications market.

Topmag has seen MTN, the largest operator by number of subscribers, shed its subscriber base over the last few months.

MTN is still maintaining its dominant position,which was at one time controlling 45 per cent of the market share, now lead with 37 per cent, according to March 2019 statistics released by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).
Analysis of the industry data showed that MTN had been consistently losing its market share since the beginning of this year.

As at last December, the company accounted for 40 per cent of the market share, but by January this year, its market share of had been whittled down to 38 per cent. In February, it further declined to 37.5 per cent and by March it had come down to 37 per cent, according to NCC’s data.

Analysis of statistics released by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) showed that MTN lost 2.09 million subscribers between January and March this year. The telco, which had 67.1 million active subscribers at the end of 2018, ended March 2019 with 65 million active customers, according to the statistics.

Conversely, Globacom and Airtel had consistently increased their share of the market to hit 26.6 per cent and 26.1 per cent respectively at the end of March. The fourth GSM operator, 9mobile, has also gained new subscribers in recent time to garner 10 per cent share of the market.

Industry analysts believe that the two operators are capable of closing rank with MTN going through their current aggressive marketing strategies. However, they noted that MTN as the dominant player would also not relax to the point of losing its position.

Read More at: http://topmag.pw/2019/05/20/airtel-globacom-battle-mtn-for-dominant-position/

Lalasticlala
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by Abfinest007(m): 8:48am On May 20, 2019
airtel all d way
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by respect80(m): 12:41pm On May 20, 2019
Glo all d way...
Imagine Mtn card now sold @110 in almost every shop in my area.
That my hard earned N10 is very important to me...

Mtn=SCAM

1 Like

Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by faithfull18(f): 11:12pm On May 20, 2019
It's normal.
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by jbblues24(m): 11:15pm On May 23, 2019
How do you make this? Photoshop?
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:52am On May 24, 2019
respect80:
Glo all d way...
Imagine Mtn card now sold @110 in almost every shop in my area.
That my hard earned N10 is very important to me...

Mtn=SCAM
Production cost is responsible for the slight increment.

1 Like

Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:55am On May 24, 2019
Globacom and Airtel had consistently increased their share of the market to hit 26.6 per cent and 26.1 per cent respectively at the end of March.
These operators should better watch their back because mtn isn't sleeping.
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by respect80(m): 12:56pm On May 24, 2019
asuustrike1:

Production cost is responsible for the slight increment.
U call 10% increment MINOR ?
The card should probably be 102, 103 or perhaps 105 naira. 10% increment is not minor sir.
Do you want me to tell you how they can sell something like recharge card for 102,103 or 104
Naira even though we are not using coin?
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 24, 2019
respect80:

U call 10% increment MINOR ?
The card should probably be 102, 103 or perhaps 105 naira. 10% increment is not minor sir.
Do you want me to tell you how they can sell something like recharge card for 102,103 or 104
Naira even though we are not using coin?
10% increment isn't bad as the price of things has gone up. The cost of printing paper is high hence it is advisable to use your bank or VTU as it is cheaper.
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by respect80(m): 4:21pm On May 24, 2019
asuustrike1:

10% increment isn't bad as the price of things has gone up. The cost of printing paper is high hence it is advisable to use your bank or VTU as it is cheaper.

Wtf did I just read?

I want to believe the bolded statement above is some kind of joke you're cracking...
U even went ahead to say that "the cost of printing paper is high." you mean as high as a single unit of a hundred naira card should incur an additional cost of #10?
I'm no longer surprised with your opinion because in Nigeria here, we take everything for granted... Even stealing has different definitions depending on the individual who commits the offence.
Take for instance, if all other goods and services should increase in price as high as 10%, I hope you won't be among those who will complain?
All in all, a sudden 10% increase in a product like recharge card is not normal except you are trying to say you don't know anything about the concept of checks and balancing.
Do you know what it means to add 2 naira each to all the recharge cards people buy in a day?
Since we don't use coin, they could easily sell a 105 or 108 unit of recharge card for 110 naira which will translate into a 2% or 5% increment respectively.
If you still don't understand what I have said, then I would be left with no choice than to believe that you are either supporting MTN because you are one of their many retailers who sell cards or your monthly stipends directly or indirectly depend on something related to MTN.
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 24, 2019
respect80:

Wtf did I just read?

I want to believe the bolded statement above is some kind of joke you're cracking...
U even went ahead to say that "the cost of printing paper is high." you mean as high as a single unit of a hundred naira card should incur an additional cost of #10?
I'm no longer surprised with your opinion because in Nigeria here, we take everything for granted... Even stealing has different definitions depending on the individual who commits the offence.
Take for instance, if all other goods and services should increase in price as high as 10%, I hope you won't be among those who will complain?
All in all, a sudden 10% increase in a product like recharge card is not normal except you are trying to say you don't know anything about the concept of checks and balancing.
Do you know what it means to add 2 naira each to all the recharge cards people buy in a day?
Since we don't use coin, they could easily sell a 105 or 108 unit of recharge card for 110 naira which will translate into a 2% or 5% increment respectively.
If you still don't understand what I have said, then I would be left with no choice than to believe that you are either supporting MTN because you are one of their many retailers who sell cards or your monthly stipends directly or indirectly depend on something related to MTN.
Mr man stick to online recharge if you feel paper card is expensive.I can't buy mtn paper card for N90 per card and then sell at N100. Many of your kind bluntly refuse to use other options even though they are cheaper and easy to load
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by respect80(m): 4:50pm On May 24, 2019
asuustrike1:

Mr man stick to online recharge if you feel paper card is expensive.I can't buy mtn paper card for N90 per card and then sell at N100. Many of your kind bluntly refuse to use other options even though they are cheaper and easy to load
Since by prediction about your stance was actually correct, I now rest my case...
Continue the hustle bro grin
Your breakthrough will surely come
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 24, 2019
respect80:

Since by prediction about your stance was actually correct, I now rest my case...
Continue the hustle bro grin
Your breakthrough will surely come
Unfortunately I only use myself as illustration as I don't sell recharge card
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by respect80(m): 5:14pm On May 24, 2019
asuustrike1:

Unfortunately I only use myself as illustration as I don't sell recharge card

There are some business people do, not with the intention to make big profit from it but as a doorway to raise money for more profitable business. There are also some who believe in business expansion over long period of time and this kind of people will continue to develop a very small business until it gets to its peak.
Depending on the motive of starting the business, but if anyone enters into recharge card business with the intent to make high profits soon enough, then such a person will only end up being frustrated which is the reason why the "get rich quick syndrome" always affect many over ambitious entrepreneurs.
If not, buying card @90 naira to sell at 100 naira like you said is not even bad. Moreover, it's even less than that cos some say you don't get up to 100 naira after selling a whole role of recharge card sef. But the idea is, you always have the choice of what kind of business you want to do, how much profit you expect and your goal as an individual.
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by donbenie(m): 6:35pm On May 24, 2019
asuustrike1:

My question is,

Is Mtn the only ones being affected by the said economic downturn?

How come others still manage to sell at N100,in the same economy?
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 24, 2019
respect80:

There are some business people do, not with the intention to make big profit from it but as a doorway to raise money for more profitable business. There are also some who believe in business expansion over long period of time and this kind of people will continue to develop a very small business until it gets to its peak.
Depending on the motive of starting the business, but if anyone enters into recharge card business with the intent to make high profits soon enough, then such a person will only end up being frustrated which is the reason why the "get rich quick syndrome" always affect many over ambitious entrepreneurs.
If not, buying card @90 naira to sell at 100 naira like you said is not even bad. Moreover, it's even less than that cos some say you don't get up to 100 naira after selling a whole role of recharge card sef. But the idea is, you always have the choice of what kind of business you want to do, how much profit you expect and your goal as an individual.
I was in that business when it was good that is when call rate was N50/min not anymore. Anyone still selling recharge card should have other things he or she sells because the profit margin is very low. Had it been it was N50 then many would have consider it
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 24, 2019
donbenie:
My question is,

The cost structure of other firms are not the same with mtn. As I type there is a slight increment on call rates on the other networks aside 9mobile. Except for airtel and mtn no other major gsm operator charges 11k/sec.
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by respect80(m): 8:22pm On May 24, 2019
asuustrike1:

I was in that business when it was good that is when call rate was N50/min not anymore. Anyone still selling recharge card should have other things he or she sells because the profit margin is very low. Had it been it was N50 then many would have consider it

That's why I blame MTN and all these telecommunications firms because they use people to work like elephant and eat like ant...
Someone would just sit at the comfort of his office making millions while the real people doing the job are on the street struggling to feed.
No wonder one of my lecturers then would say, "if you refuse to use your brain, you will use your energy."
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 24, 2019
respect80:

That's why I blame MTN and all these telecommunications firms because they use people to work like elephant and eat like ant...
Someone would just sit at the comfort of his office making millions while the real people doing the job are on the street struggling to feed.
No wonder one of my lecturers then would say, "if you refuse to use your brain, you will use your energy."
Hmmm
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by Precioussilas10: 2:38am On May 29, 2019
donbenie:
My question is,

please donbenie i'm going to send you a dm regarding your mi max 3...
Re: Airtel, Globacom Battle MTN For Dominant Position (PHOTO) by Precioussilas10: 2:46am On May 29, 2019
donbenie:
My question is,

betterstill you can send me your number through this email anisilas @ gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

MTN Sim Refusing To Browse Since Sunday Night / Huawei Y9 Prime Or? / Youtube: No Longer Downloading Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.