Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,164 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria (49858 Views)

How To Invest In MTN Shares In 2021? / MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale / How To Invest In MTN Nigeria Shares. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:
Before you put 1 Naira in the Nigerian stock exchange, go and watch THE W money there.

What most people don't know is that just last Friday, Mtn borrowed 200 Billion for a 7 year tenure from a consortium of banks just Friday 17th of May.

You see that fine mtn paid, they are stylishly collecting it back from Nigerians. They would eventually dump everything and run off like Etisalat. They are scamming as much people as possible preparatory to running away.

The banks they obtained the loan from know this but they don't care. They would willingly take over mtn like they did to Etisalat.

This same Gbenga Oyebode on Mtn board is the chairman of Access bank. Go and find out what Access bank did to Etisalat.
God go bless you real good. When i tell people i can never invest in Nigeria stock market ,either penny stock or otherwise, they will be like i am downgrading them. My mil invested heavily in transcorp,up until now she never get a single naira because of heavy manipulations on her account.
Why will i invest in mtn and the likes when it has been hacked already by bad boys with bad records? Last week people were jubilating on the listings but dont know difference between listing and public offer they will later use to dupe Nigerians. If i want to invest i know what to do. Nas100, dax, us30 ,UK 100 and more good indices are there on for ex platforms. Just learn the art of trading them and you will enjoy the transparency of making money from them. What you trade is what you make not Nigerian own.

3 Likes

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by flexyrule(m): 2:47pm On May 20, 2019
jaksmillioniar:
most are into oil and gas
Everything in Nigeria revolves round oil and gas.

3 Likes

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 20, 2019
billionaires plenty for naija oh

yet the otedolas and adelekes no go let us hear word

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by jeff1607(m): 2:53pm On May 20, 2019
tillaman:
Mehn, some people are so freaking rich that the only problem they might be facing is how to spend their money! These figures am ehn you can’t finish it in a life time! Aje

yet they seek for loans

when doing business they will won't let small money go by during transactions, money you see being given out in public is to satisfy their ego and seek attention.
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by vaxx1: 2:57pm On May 20, 2019
Amitez:

I tend to see your point here. Why go public via private listing? Ordinarily if MTN needs money, it would have gone for IPO. Private listing appears to be an avenue for the existing shareholders to push the value and offload to gullible investors. It is quite simple, release small quantities and push the price to above 25% and begin offloading. The new shareholders will start praying to God for mercy. Recall 2007/2008 scam on the NSE. Unfortunately, we do not learn. Every investor must ask "why private listing"? The same people held the shares all this while. They have been reaping the dividends. So why are they so "generous" now to make it public for small investors?

Again, the names you mentioned as lead investors and the issue of fine paid to FG ring an alarm, and should put everyone on enquiry.
why will such a bigger company like MTN opted for DIP? I actually don't understand. This type of option ate known for smaller company

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by tillaman(m): 2:59pm On May 20, 2019
jeff1607:

yet they seek for loans

when doing business they will won't let small money go by during transactions, money you see being given out in public is to satisfy their ego and seek attention.

that was why I said they can’t finish the money in a life time and they keep acquiring more and if you go to them for help if photographers are not there then you ain’t getting a dime from them!
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by TheFacelessMan: 3:01pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:
Before you put 1 Naira in the Nigerian stock exchange, go and watch THE WOLF OF WALL STREET. Nigerian Stock Exchange is a place run by Judas Iscariots. Go and find out what Ndi Okereke Onyuike did there. Go and find out what Transcorp did there.

People regularly get burnt in that place of corporate scammers, you need sound financial education to make money there.

Let me tell you a secret Mtn doesn't want you to know. There is a company called MTN International (Mauritius) Limited, which has the controlling 76.08 per cent equity, or 15,485,544,050 shares valued at about N309.71 billion. Once they recoup their money paid as fine with extra by gullible Nigerians, they are getting out. That's exactly how Etisalat got a cash investment and Mudabala telecoms (the Arab owners) ran off with the money.

What most people don't know is that just last Friday, Mtn borrowed 200 Billion for a 7 year tenure from a consortium of banks just Friday 17th of May.

You see that fine mtn paid, they are stylishly collecting it back from Nigerians. They would eventually dump everything and run off like Etisalat. They are scamming as much people as possible preparatory to running away.

The banks they obtained the loan from know this but they don't care. They would willingly take over mtn like they did to Etisalat.

This same Gbenga Oyebode on Mtn board is the chairman of Access bank. Go and find out what Access bank did to Etisalat.

My paddy. This is excellent information.

On the surface, i felt it might be a good long-term investment though i wasn't planning to invest in MTN simply because they are South Africans and their cut throat mentality towards Nigerians.

Quite a number of my past posts as Generalikemba et al. have been critical of MTN, DSTV, Protea etc.

They mercilessly fleece Nigerians with the connivance of our greedy leaders.

Thank you bro, i would be discussing this post with some of my less finicky pals who might want to invest.

1 Like

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:
Before you put 1 Naira in the Nigerian stock exchange, go and watch THE WOLF OF WALL STREET. Nigerian Stock Exchange is a place run by Judas Iscariots. Go and find out what Ndi Okereke Onyuike did there. Go and find out what Transcorp did there.

People regularly get burnt in that place of corporate scammers, you need sound financial education to make money there.

Let me tell you a secret Mtn doesn't want you to know. There is a company called MTN International (Mauritius) Limited, which has the controlling 76.08 per cent equity, or 15,485,544,050 shares valued at about N309.71 billion. Once they recoup their money paid as fine with extra by gullible Nigerians, they are getting out. That's exactly how Etisalat got a cash investment and Mudabala telecoms (the Arab owners) ran off with the money.

I say it all the time that most of the zombies here are weak in the head. That's why they support buhari. Mr conspiracy theorist/ Nairaland stock exchange expert, I'm surprised you have all this information about mtn and you're not among shareholders raking in billions. Since you have more brain and info than Pascal dozie, a former president of the stock exchange, why are you on Nairaland jumping up and down everyday supporting a failed leader and ethnic agenda. You should be ashamed at how the values of those shares have fallen since the time of your god. Just imagine how billions of naira is millions of coins in dollars. FYI gbenga oyebode is not the chairman of access bank, neither did Etisalat run away with anybody's money. In fact this listing is part of the agreement to reduce the fine and ensure better corporate governance to protect Nigeria's interest. Olodo oshi

5 Likes

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 20, 2019
Don27tiky:
Where is the obasanjo people always talk about ... thought he was one of the shareholders
Good question!!

1 Like

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by jeff1607(m): 3:08pm On May 20, 2019
tillaman:
that was why I said they can’t finish the money in a life time and they keep acquiring more and if you go to them for help if photographers are not there then you ain’t getting a dime from them!

I concur with you

but I don't think I agree on they can't finish the money in a life time,

that money will finish in a week

purchase of 2 solar powered yachts and some other luxury stuff will put them in debt
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by tillaman(m): 3:16pm On May 20, 2019
jeff1607:

I concur with you

but I don't think I agree on they can't finish the money in a life time,

that money will finish in a week

purchase of 2 solar powered yachts and some other luxury stuff will put them in debt
lmao you are wicked why would they even think of buying one of those luxury solar powered yacht, I believe spending that kinda amount on a yacht is not wise, there other luxurious yacht out there at reasonable prices That would suit their status, those solar panel yachts are for the likes of mark zuckerberg, Jeff bezos, Bill gates and Warren buffet and so on!
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 3:19pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:

Spot on grin

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Okoyeebows: 3:24pm On May 20, 2019
Buckubuck:

I say it all the time that most of the zombies here are weak in the head. That's why they support buhari. Mr conspiracy theorist/ Nairaland stock exchange expert, I'm surprised you have all this information about mtn and you're not among shareholders raking in billions. Since you have more brain and info than Pascal dozie, a former president of the stock exchange, why are you on Nairaland jumping up and down everyday supporting a failed leader and ethnic agenda. You should be ashamed at how the values of those shares have fallen since the time of your god. Just imagine how billions of naira is millions of coins in dollars. FYI gbenga oyebode is not the chairman of access bank, neither did Etisalat run away with anybody's money. In fact this listing is part of the agreement to reduce the fine and ensure better corporate governance to protect Nigeria's interest. Olodo oshi

You're a retarded monkey. You are useless on the ground and useless in the trees.

WTF are you hyping Pascal for? Someone whose Bank couldn't survive second generation ownership. The only reason Pascal is there is because he offered financing to Mtn as at when they came in and not because he's spectacular in the boardroom.

You're hyping presidency of the stock exchange. I don't blame you. You must be unenlightened and in the lower station of life. FYI, Okereke as the SEC boss ruined the stock market thoroughly and was kicked out. Dangote as President of the stock exchange had his juice and tomato businesses floundering.

That being said, my post is not for tribal nonentities like you with no achievements in life. It is for those who aren't thieves, worked for their money and don't want to lose it.

Stupid idiot, I'm sure if I invite you to my office, you would go and share testimony in your eternally backwards village.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Okoyeebows: 3:26pm On May 20, 2019
Don27tiky:
Where is the obasanjo people always talk about ... thought he was one of the shareholders

Bro, some of those names you're seeing are shadow directors.

When IBB had problem with Obasanjo, Glo was punished by the FG.

FG and Obasanjo had issues, Mtn got heavy fines.

5 Likes

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Okoyeebows: 3:33pm On May 20, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

My paddy. This is excellent information.

On the surface, i felt it might be a good long-term investment though i wasn't planning to invest in MTN simply because they are South Africans and their cut throat mentality towards Nigerians.

Quite a number of my past posts as Generalikemba et al. have been critical of MTN, DSTV, Protea etc.

They mercilessly fleece Nigerians with the connivance of our greedy leaders.

Thank you bro, i would be discussing this post with some of my less finicky pals who might want to invest.

Bro, there's going to be massive dumping of Mtn shares via an impending IPO.

Here is how it would happen. Mtn Mauritius (shell company for the true owners) would offload shares via IPO. They may retain like 20% ownership but you'll realise something.

For instance, their shares today are worth 90 Naira and they have 100 shares, you sell 100 shares.

Next 3 months, through hyping and psychological manipulations, you float an IPO and it shoots to 500 Naira and you sell 80 shares out of the 100.

You argue with Nigerians that you're not running away as you still have 20 shares but in reality, you've made more than you would have made if you even sold the entire 100. Exit is then sweet.

If you can get Mtn to buy, buy but don't intend to hold for long. Buy and sell. If you are risk averse, stand down.

I pity those using their gratuity to buy Mtn shares.

6 Likes

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:

You're a retarded monkey. You are useless on the ground and useless in the trees.

WTF are you hyping Pascal for? Someone whose Bank couldn't survive second generation ownership. The only reason Pascal is there is because he offered financing to Mtn as at when they came in and not because he's spectacular in the boardroom.

You're hyping presidency of the stock exchange. I don't blame you. You must be unenlightened and in the lower station of life. FYI, Okereke as the SEC boss ruined the stock market thoroughly and was kicked out. Dangote as President of the stock exchange had his juice and tomato businesses floundering.

That being said, my post is not for tribal nonentities like you with no achievements in life. It is for those who aren't thieves, worked for their money and don't want to lose it.

Stupid idiot, I'm sure if I invite you to my office, you would go and share testimony in your eternally backwards village.

Oga wey get office. Congratulations on ur room and parlour office. According to you, Pascal Dozie is a failed businessman who's living off the goodness of mtn. The day you celebrate ur birthday and ur local govt chairman attends, let me know. Also, I'll be waiting to read in the papers when you hand over ur "office" to ur children. Illiterate idiot. Eni ti o niru eni o le moyi eni You think the presidency of the stock exchange is for mean men abi?
Or you think people just pull money out of stock exchange as they wish? If mtn wish to pull out of mtn Nigeria, they don't need to go to the stock exchange to do that just as Etisalat didn't need to either
Bloody goat!!
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Lordknowz: 3:37pm On May 20, 2019
Nawa oo.. Everybody nah scammer!
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:

Bro, some of those names you're seeing are shadow directors.

When IBB had problem with Obasanjo, Glo was punished by the FG.

FG and Obasanjo had issues, Mtn got heavy fines.
Another tissue of lies and conspiracy theories
When was glo punished by the fg during OBJ's time and for what? Show evidence or agree you're a stupid lying knucklehead
When was mtn fined? Tell us the year and the year OBJ's "issue" with fg started
Liar radarada
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Paulo3ree(m): 3:44pm On May 20, 2019
MrPresident1:
Elpresidente MrPresident1

Value of Shares: $1 billion

One of Nigeria’s most renowned end time preachers, Elpresidente MrPresident1 is a prolific preacher on Nairaland, a successful corporate preacher in Nigeria. He owns 700,000,000 shares or 25% of MTN Nigeria, a stake that’s currently worth N360 billion ($1 billion).

And I almost believed

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 3:48pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:

What exactly did Access Bank supposedly “do” to Etisalat Nigeria that borrowed $1.2 billion from a CONSORTIUM of 13 Nigerian banks (not just Access Bank) in US dollars that it had trouble repaying when the value of the Naira free-falled from about N118/$1 to N525/$1 before settling at its current rate of approximately N363/$1 (given that Etisalat Nigeria earns it revenues in Naira), and Etisalat could neither repay, restructure or obtain payment guarantees from its majority holder in Abu Dhabi?!

Furthermore, Gbenga Oyebode was (no longer is, btw) the chairman of the board of directors of Access Bank, which is a NON-EXECUTIVE position. In other words, he was NOT a member of the executive management of the bank and would therefore not be a member of the credit committee and accordingly would have no input in credit decisions.
>

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Macky2(m): 3:54pm On May 20, 2019
You are very right bro, must watch movie for everyone before investing in Nigerian Stock market. NSE really dealt with me between 2006 and 2007

Okoyeebows:

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Joystark(f): 3:56pm On May 20, 2019
MrPresident1:
Elpresidente MrPresident1

Value of Shares: $1 billion

One of Nigeria’s most renowned end time preachers, Elpresidente MrPresident1 is a prolific preacher on Nairaland, a successful corporate preacher in Nigeria. He owns 700,000,000 shares or 25% of MTN Nigeria, a stake that’s currently worth N360 billion ($1 billion).

Lol. Amen man. Amen.
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Macky2(m): 3:57pm On May 20, 2019
You are very right bro, must watch movie for everyone before investing in Nigerian Stock market. NSE really dealt with me between 2006 and 2007

Okoyeebows:

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:

My duty is not to educate you. If your parents failed to do that, that's your concern.

You're a dim-witted pauper and you lack fundamental knowledge of how money works. I'll leave you to keep advertising your inbred retardation and eternal ignorance.
And you're so rich and intelligent you're brandishing lies proudly on the net. Eranko lasan. You go about brandishing names of people who have hit the height of their lives and even have the nerve to label extremely successful people failure in ur face me I face you office. Yeye fowl. Aritenimowi. Person wey never get first generation dey carry nose for another person second generation. Idiot. If you know how money works, you won't ever bad-mouth people who control it like you just did. That character is innate in hopeless, ordinary men like you who are looking for where to hang their failures

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 20, 2019
9jaRealist:

What exactly did Access Bank supposedly “do” to Etisalat Nigeria that borrowed $1.2 billion from a CONSORTIUM of 13 Nigerian banks (not just Access Bank) in US dollars that it had trouble repaying when the value of the Naira free-falled from about N118/$1 to N525/$1 before settling at its current rate of approximately N363/$1 (given that Etisalat Nigeria earns it revenues in Naira), and Etisalat could neither repay, restructure or obtain payment guarantees from its majority holder in Abu Dhabi?!

Furthermore, Gbenga Oyebode was (no longer is, btw) the chairman of the board of directors of Access Bank, which is a NON-EXECUTIVE position. In other words, he was NOT a member of the executive management of the bank and would therefore not be a member of the credit committee and accordingly would have no input in credit decisions.
>
Thank you jare. Someone with the right information not conspiracy theorists

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by jeff1607(m): 4:02pm On May 20, 2019
tillaman:
lmao you are wicked why would they even think of buying one of those luxury solar powered yacht, I believe spending that kinda amount on a yacht is not wise, there other luxurious yacht out there at reasonable prices That would suit their status, those solar panel yachts are for the likes of mark zuckerberg, Jeff bezos, Bill gates and Warren buffet and so on!

lol , I thought you said the money will last a lifetime

the wealthy like luxury stuff and anything to show off their wealth ,it has been the downfall of the wealthy since time immemorial.
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 20, 2019
See money

3 Likes

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 4:17pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:

MTN has been in Nigeria for almost 20 years.

They initially came to Nigeria (paying as much as US$285 million just for a license) when NOBODY of repute was willing to invest in Nigeria (the GSM bidding round was a transparent public process, supervised by the World Bank), and has literally invested TRILLIONS OF NAIRA into the Nigerian economy, building thousands of sites and creating tens of thousands of direct and indirect jobs in Nigeria (according many of our young engineers and graduates with decent professional employment), supporting/empowering subcontractors and others across the value chain, and even setting the pace in CSR and corporate philanthropy through its MTN Foundation. And even if the original investors were to pull up stakes and exit Nigeria, the behemoth telecommunications company and business that has become MTN Nigeria will still exist and remain in Nigeria, and continue to offer services to Nigerians (even if under a different corporate identity, as in the case of Etisalat Nigeria/9mobile). It’s not like they will carry the company/investment on their heads and leave town!

There’s a real seminal lesson here that folks should not particularly live their lives or conduct their affairs on the basis of movies (or anything else where the principal aim is dramatic effect). Even in the US where “The Wolf of Wall Street” was based (and you can add a whole host of other movies such as “Boiler Room”), investment and trading of stocks continues unabatedly (and btw, so does fraud which is why personal due diligence is a prerequisite WHENEVER or WHEREVER you invest in securities). The Great Recession, which was precipitated by the financial crises of 2007/2008, did not start in Nigeria (albeit its effect was ultimately felt in Nigeria, as with the rest of the world). Rather, it was started on Wall Street and all of the other supposedly great capitals of capital. And yet, NOT ONE PERSON of note on Wall Street ended up in prison. Please let’s try to avoid the dangers of the single narrative or affirming the saying that half-education can be more dangerous than none at all.
>

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by ugkk: 4:21pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:

Thought of investing my 30k npower stipend, thanks for this info man
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by tillaman(m): 4:21pm On May 20, 2019
jeff1607:

lol , I thought you said the money will last a lifetime

the wealthy like luxury stuff and anything to show off their wealth ,it has been the downfall of the wealthy since time immemorial.
well said brother, you made some valid points

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

People Warned Me About This Mmm, Now My Account Has Been Blocked With #189,000 / Maryam Shetty Mocks MMM Over Its Closure. PICS / Man Who Drank Insecticide Over MMM Crash Speaks: "I lost N750,000"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.