Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria (49866 Views)

How To Invest In MTN Shares In 2021? / MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale / How To Invest In MTN Nigeria Shares. (2) (3) (4)

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:

If you say the management of Mtn believes they have no need to raise an additional capital at this time, why did Mtn borrow 200 Billion from 7 banks just last Friday?

Gbenga Aluko is on the board of Mtn and his firm Aluko and Oyebode advised Mtn on the syndicated loan on Friday and would be paid by Mtn. Doesn't this tell you something?
The coincidence in the timing between these events - listing in the stock market and raising of finance through loan, seems to play well into your sentiments, but unless we can point to fundamental concerns around gearing and growing of top/bottom line, which are obviously not the case with MTN, obtaining a bank loan may not be completely out of place in my opinion.

You can help me see what you see. In the way I'm thinking about it, the management of the company may just have judged the loan option as the most fitting from a strategic and financial point of view and no less. The benefits include that interest payments for debts are allowable deductions for tax purposes and shareholding structure remains undiluted.

I'm happy to learn from you if you have clear-cut convictions why you think something is fishy. I don't see one at this time.

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by gentlegenius(m): 7:18pm On May 20, 2019
tillaman:
Mehn, some people are so freaking rich that the only problem they might be facing is how to spend their money! These figures am ehn you can’t finish it in a life time! Aje
Wrong...
These people are rich because they don't care about how to spend their money. They only focus on how to make more.

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by olujaidi: 7:35pm On May 20, 2019
9jaRealist:

Bankers negotiate these deals which lawyers reduce to legal text (likely using the universal LMA documentation used in virtually all common law jurisdictions worldwide, with local jurisprudential adaptations of course). Given that each of the parties involved in this transaction would have their own independent advisers (financial, legal and/or accounting), including global powerhouse law firms such as Baker & Mackenzie and Norton Rose Fulbright, and so it is doubtful that the role of A&O in this transaction was in any way determinative. Nevertheless, any conflict (or potential conflict) of interests ANYWHERE in the world is resolved by FULL DISCLOSURE (and/or recusal).
>

I read all your comments on this thread. I must admit, you sabi.
wella! No sentiments, just spat the facts.

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Okoyeebows: 7:39pm On May 20, 2019
ngadaAwo:
m4 lalclala SE obinpy oam4j domue
rule 2

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Okoyeebows: 7:40pm On May 20, 2019
ngadaAwo:
my4 lalastla sn obinpy oam4j domiue
rule 2

When you get tired, you would carry your carton of gala and enter Ikorodu Road.
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Okoyeebows: 7:46pm On May 20, 2019
ngadaAwo:
ok bro
m44 lalalala un obcopy o4j doque will fix you

Cry me a river
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by elknice: 7:48pm On May 20, 2019
*How to Make a Website – Step by Step Guide (Free)*
If you want to do it by yourself, then please continue to follow our step by step guide on how to make a website.

Here is an overview from start to finish of all the steps we’ll walk you through in this guide...
https://elknicetechnews.com.ng/how-to-make-a-website-step-by-step-guide-free/
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 20, 2019
konvict0111:
The coincidence in the timing between these events - listing in the stock market and raising of finance through loan, seems to play well into your sentiments, but unless we can point to fundamental concerns around gearing and growing of top/bottom line, which are obviously not the case with MTN, obtaining a bank loan may not be completely out of place in my opinion.

You can help me see what you see. In the way I'm thinking about it, the management of the company may just have judged the loan option as the most fitting from a strategic and financial point of view and no less. The benefits include that interest payments for debts are allowable deductions for tax purposes and shareholding structure remains undiluted.

I'm happy to learn from you if you have clear-cut convictions why you think something is fishy. I don't see one at this time.

The guy is just a conspiracy theorist and an alarmist. If you read his initial post, you'll see him referring to a movie as a source of intelligence. He even seems to know more than Pascal Dozie and referred to him as a failure, which shows the kind of person he is. I only pity ignorant folks who have been hailing him since. But thank God better folks like you and 9jarealist are around and have the patience to clean up the mess he is making. Half knowledge or unintended ignorance is really dangerous!!

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 20, 2019
Buckubuck:

The guy is just a conspiracy theorist and an alarmist. If you read his initial post, you'll see him referring to a movie as a source of intelligence. He even seems to know more than Pascal Dozie and referred to him as a failure, which shows the kind of person he is. I only pity ignorant folks who have been hailing him since. But thank God better folks like you and 9jarealist are around and have the patience to clean up the mess he is making. Half knowledge or unintended ignorance is really dangerous!!
Thanks for saying so it so well, brother.
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by higgs: 8:16pm On May 20, 2019
Mtn listing on NSE is a good thing.Some people will rather spin conspiracy theories than do rational analysis.

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Seunpaul01(m): 8:54pm On May 20, 2019
9jaRealist:

The “single narrative” in Nigeria that everything and every venture is fraudulent, and people are only looking to rip you off... cheesy
>

Oh ho!,, 'single narrative'. o fe blow ori mi pelu English. I guess it's a self made phrase.
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by webizone(m): 9:23pm On May 20, 2019
wiseone28:
My next coming to earth i will answer Dasuki seems that name is synonymous with money grin
When you can change your name. That shows you are not wise enough. It's imperative to change the name.

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by wiseone28: 9:49pm On May 20, 2019
webizone:
When you can change your name. That shows you are not wise enough. It's imperative to change the name.
I may not be as wise as i am in my next life that's why i think otherwise
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by dapadawee: 10:32pm On May 20, 2019
OP u for reach number 7 na my name remain now.
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 10:39pm On May 20, 2019
Guyman02:
Na wao, MTN listing without an IPO is nonsense, they don't want ordinary Nigerians to invest and make profit from that company. Left for a few people most of whom are just cronies of the same individuals that have ripped up this country because they have access to our common wealth. Nonsense and ingredients sad

Can I contact you bro seems you know much about NSE... that's my contacts there too.
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 10:40pm On May 20, 2019
aod1:
They should have
using an IPO

Can I contact you bro seems you know much about NSE... that's my contacts there too.
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by ThatFairGuy: 10:47pm On May 20, 2019
Alaafin Sango, you tried.. hope the investment wasn't from the tithes you collects from the congregation grin
MrPresident1:
Elpresidente MrPresident1

Value of Shares: $1 billion

One of Nigeria’s most renowned end time preachers, Elpresidente MrPresident1 is a prolific preacher on Nairaland, a successful corporate preacher in Nigeria. He owns 700,000,000 shares or 25% of MTN Nigeria, a stake that’s currently worth N360 billion ($1 billion).
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Asour: 10:49pm On May 20, 2019
MrPresident1:
Elpresidente MrPresident1

Value of Shares: $1 billion

One of Nigeria’s most renowned end time preachers, Elpresidente MrPresident1 is a prolific preacher on Nairaland, a successful corporate preacher in Nigeria. He owns 700,000,000 shares or 25% of MTN Nigeria, a stake that’s currently worth N360 billion ($1 billion).

hahahaha!

Except that with a market capitalization of US $6bn, a 25 % ownership would translate to US$1.5bn not 1bn.

and yes it's a big difference.

hahahahaha!
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by 400billionman: 10:59pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:
Before you put 1 Naira in the Nigerian stock exchange, go and watch THE WOLF OF WALL STREET. Nigerian Stock Exchange is a place run by Judas Iscariots. Go and find out what Ndi Okereke Onyuike did there. Go and find out what Transcorp did there.

People regularly get burnt in that place of corporate scammers, you need sound financial education to make money there.

Let me tell you a secret Mtn doesn't want you to know. There is a company called MTN International (Mauritius) Limited, which has the controlling 76.08 per cent equity, or 15,485,544,050 shares valued at about N309.71 billion. Once they recoup their money paid as fine with extra by gullible Nigerians, they are getting out. That's exactly how Etisalat got a cash investment and Mudabala telecoms (the Arab owners) ran off with the money.

What most people don't know is that just last Friday, Mtn borrowed 200 Billion for a 7 year tenure from a consortium of banks just Friday 17th of May.

You see that fine mtn paid, they are stylishly collecting it back from Nigerians. They would eventually dump everything and run off like Etisalat. They are scamming as much people as possible preparatory to running away.

The banks they obtained the loan from know this but they don't care. They would willingly take over mtn like they did to Etisalat.

This same Gbenga Oyebode on Mtn board is the chairman of Access bank. Go and find out what Access bank did to Etisalat.

Brotherly, leave them.

The first place I burnt millions was in stock market. Like I invested my first two million naira there when I was worth nothing.

I was having this thought of why sell shares today while MTN just part paid a fine in Nigeria then stumbled on your write up. People like richest man in Nigeria they are all rich trading on people's money.

The corporate new comers don't care till their asses get burnt.
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Asour: 11:10pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:
Before you put 1 Naira in the Nigerian stock exchange, go and watch THE WOLF OF WALL STREET. Nigerian Stock Exchange is a place run by Judas Iscariots. Go and find out what Ndi Okereke Onyuike did there. Go and find out what Transcorp did there.

People regularly get burnt in that place of corporate scammers, you need sound financial education to make money there.

Let me tell you a secret Mtn doesn't want you to know. There is a company called MTN International (Mauritius) Limited, which has the controlling 76.08 per cent equity, or 15,485,544,050 shares valued at about N309.71 billion. Once they recoup their money paid as fine with extra by gullible Nigerians, they are getting out. That's exactly how Etisalat got a cash investment and Mudabala telecoms (the Arab owners) ran off with the money.

What most people don't know is that just last Friday, Mtn borrowed 200 Billion for a 7 year tenure from a consortium of banks just Friday 17th of May.

You see that fine mtn paid, they are stylishly collecting it back from Nigerians. They would eventually dump everything and run off like Etisalat. They are scamming as much people as possible preparatory to running away.

The banks they obtained the loan from know this but they don't care. They would willingly take over mtn like they did to Etisalat.

This same Gbenga Oyebode on Mtn board is the chairman of Access bank. Go and find out what Access bank did to Etisalat.

I don't totally disagree with your assessment of the Nigerian stock exchange but some of the information you've passed as certain here are TOTALLY wrong. others are, at best, total speculation.

For one, Gbenga Oyebode is not currently the Chairman of Access bank that would be Mrs. Mosun Belo-Olusoga.

Secondly you said "The banks they obtained the loan from know this but they don't care. They would willingly take over mtn like they did to Etisalat."

Really? A bank ? Intentionally taking up a would-be non performing loan — to prey on the collateral carcasses?

The way we as Nigerians seem to "know all these things" totally beats me. No investigative pedigree, no sources, no facts, wrong assertions pieced together + personal Imaginations and Boom! we have a story!

God help us.

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Mftivi: 12:15am On May 21, 2019
Okoyeebows:

Only amatuer investors buy IPOs then I will never invest in the NSE.
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 12:28am On May 21, 2019
Seunpaul01:

Oh ho!,, 'single narrative'. o fe blow ori mi pelu English. I guess it's a self made phrase.

If I take the credit I would be lying... cheesy

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by zamanii: 6:21am On May 21, 2019
konvict0111 9jaRealist Buckubuck vaxx1 Okoyeebows y'all sound like good financial analysts but none of you have been able to explain to nairalanders why MTN chose to go public via listing which means more more money for existing shareholders rather than through an IPO

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by zamanii: 6:29am On May 21, 2019
Buckubuck:

Well in all honesty, Pascal Dozie may not be a failure but he isn't spectacular either. His bank was the only one willing to take the risk of investing in MTN when it first came into the country and today, he's reaping the benefits. He was merely a risk taker who's fortunate to have the risk pay off

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47am On May 21, 2019
A couple of silent operators among them. Sir Victor Odili, Gbenga Oyebode. Media shy mega money on the low.
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 10:56am On May 21, 2019
zamanii:

Well in all honesty, Pascal Dozie may not be a failure but he isn't spectacular either. His bank was the only one willing to take the risk of investing in MTN when it first came into the country and today, he's reaping the benefits. He was merely a risk taker who's fortunate to have the risk pay off
What exactly do you mean by spectacular? Give me an example of someone who is
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by zamanii: 11:38am On May 21, 2019
Buckubuck:

What exactly do you mean by spectacular? Give me an example of someone who is

He's a regular business man. It's not like he has lit up the sky as a businessman
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 21, 2019
zamanii:

He's a regular business man. It's not like he has lit up the sky as a businessman

You still have not told me what you mean by spectacular. If being board chairman of largest telecom coys in Nigeria and one of the few individuals who's bank survived the recapitalisation and financial crises of the late 2000s is not enough for you, then I wonder what is.
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by zamanii: 8:15pm On May 21, 2019
Buckubuck:

You still have not told me what you mean by spectacular. If being board chairman of largest telecom coys in Nigeria and one of the few individuals who's bank survived the recapitalisation and financial crises of the late 2000s is not enough for you, then I wonder what is.

Well, it's not my business whether he's a hit or miss as that is not the reason why I'm here. I asked for clarification from you and the other guys on why MTN chose to go public by listing which means more money for the shareholders rather than an IPO and none of you responded to that. What Pascal Dozie has or has not achieved is not my headache

People Warned Me About This Mmm, Now My Account Has Been Blocked With #189,000 / Maryam Shetty Mocks MMM Over Its Closure. PICS / Man Who Drank Insecticide Over MMM Crash Speaks: "I lost N750,000"

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78