Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968010 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by igbizen(m): 10:21am On May 11, 2018
I have shared my concerns for over a month no response. Maybe the whatapp group might respond faster
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoElectNG: 10:50am On May 11, 2018
igbizen:
The meaning of the codes

I am going to look into your case.

Given that it appears you have been ignored.

Brand? Mercedes-Benz
Model?
Year?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mike070: 11:15am On May 11, 2018
blazeup:
Please dont derail the thrend with any whatsapp group.
Share your concerns and contributions here.
Thank you.

Boss if we create a whatsapp group now I bet you issues will be resolved quickly. Not everyone has the time to log in on Nairaland all d time and from my observation seems the previous whatsapp group is no longer functioning cos I have placed my number since last year but no response. Guys here can relate to this. Thanks n have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Shalomc(f): 11:30am On May 11, 2018
igbizen:
The meaning of the codes

P0562 MERCEDES-BENZ - Charging System Voltage Low

Possible causes
Low battery charge
Battery defective
Loose or missing alternator drive belt
Faulty alternator
Open or short system voltage circuit

When is the code detected?
The Engine Control Module (ECM) has detected that the electrical system voltage level is out of range.
Possible symptoms
Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
Slow engine start
Low battery power
P0562 Mercedes-benz Description
The battery supplies electricity to the Engine Control Module (ECM) even when the ignition switch is OFF. This electricity allows the ECM to store data such as Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) history, freeze frame data, fuel trim values and other data. If the battery voltage falls below a minimum level, the ECM will conclude that there is a fault in the power supply circuit. The next time the engine starts, the ECM will turn on the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) and a DTC will be set.

You need to get the car hooked up to the Star machine.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by simple4generall(m): 3:12pm On May 11, 2018
Pls add me to d watsap group 08132568183
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by igbizen(m): 11:22pm On May 11, 2018
Shalomc:

P0562 MERCEDES-BENZ - Charging System Voltage Low

Possible causes
Low battery charge
Battery defective
Loose or missing alternator drive belt
Faulty alternator
Open or short system voltage circuit

When is the code detected?
The Engine Control Module (ECM) has detected that the electrical system voltage level is out of range.
Possible symptoms
Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
Slow engine start
Low battery power
P0562 Mercedes-benz Description
The battery supplies electricity to the Engine Control Module (ECM) even when the ignition switch is OFF. This electricity allows the ECM to store data such as Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) history, freeze frame data, fuel trim values and other data. If the battery voltage falls below a minimum level, the ECM will conclude that there is a fault in the power supply circuit. The next time the engine starts, the ECM will turn on the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) and a DTC will be set.

You need to get the car hooked up to the Star machine.
Thanks a lot.
I think I will have to change my battery.
Can the p2186 mean low fuel.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by igbizen(m): 11:24pm On May 11, 2018
Sorry P2187 and P2189
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Shalomc(f): 6:59am On May 12, 2018
igbizen:

Thanks a lot.
I think I will have to change my battery.
Can the p2186 mean low fuel.
Get your car to a Star machine... It will tell you exactly what is happening there.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AerialMapper: 12:31pm On May 16, 2018
Where can I find hydraulikol ZH-M in abuja? Or it’s equivalent. My 1992 300SL has turned to a low-rider!!! I cannot even turn the wheels. I press the ride height control switch but it doesn’t raise the car. The hydraulic container is empty, I cannot even drive the car out of my compound to a mechanic to sort out the convertible soft top. Firstly, I need this oil or anyone who can sort out this. The car starts even after months of not driving but I cannot move it. Thank you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jazzlite: 9:44pm On May 16, 2018
AerialMapper:
Where can I find hydraulikol ZH-M in abuja? Or it’s equivalent. My 1992 300SL has turned to a low-rider!!! I cannot even turn the wheels. I press the ride height control switch but it doesn’t raise the car. The hydraulic container is empty, I cannot even drive the car out of my compound to a mechanic to sort out the convertible soft top. Firstly, I need this oil or anyone who can sort out this. The car starts even after months of not driving but I cannot move it. Thank you
Are you interested in selling it? Gudu market will be your best bet for the oil.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by otanoghe: 10:00am On May 17, 2018
Good morning Benz Masters, i don't know if anyone has encountered this problem, my Benz ml350 2006 air intake manifold has issues according to Star diagnostic, and needs to be replaced with a new one. I am in need of a good Benz mechanic in Port Harcourt that can do a perfect Job. Thanks in anticipation of your quick response.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jazzlite: 10:05am On May 17, 2018
otanoghe:
Good morning Benz Masters, i don't know if anyone has encountered this problem, my Benz ml350 2006 air intake manifold has issues according to Star diagnostic, and needs to be replaced with a new one. I am in need of a good Benz mechanic in Port Harcourt that can do a perfect Job. Thanks in anticipation of your quick response.
It's no Biggie. A common problem on the V6 engine from the M112... Is yours broken.... Anyway it will require a lot of care so that dirt doesn't get inside the cylinder...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by otanoghe: 10:16am On May 17, 2018
Jazzlite:

It's no Biggie. A common problem on the V6 engine from the M112... Is yours broken.... Anyway it will require a lot of care so that dirt doesn't get inside the cylinder...
. Thanks Jazzlite for your response, the tumble flap is broken and the only solution is to buy a new air intake manifold. i need direction to a good mechanic in PH that can get it fixed. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NeyofeedNigEnt: 10:07am On May 19, 2018
House pls is it normal to remove fan and engine thermostat in Mercedes Benz ML? Some said is normal cus of our weather while some said is not advisable.
Pls help
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoElectNG: 10:09am On May 19, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:
House pls is it normal to remove fan and engine thermostat in Mercedes Benz ML? Some said is normal cus of our weather while some said is not advisable.
Pls help

Don't try it.

Fix the underlying issue.

Why do the advice removal?

What issue are you facing?

Spill it out.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NeyofeedNigEnt: 10:20am On May 19, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Don't try it.

Fix the underlying issue.

Why do the advice removal?

What issue are you facing?

Spill it out.

No issue at all. Its tokunbo just arrived. Some are just saying remove d thermostat but I don't answer them ooo, that's y I post it here to get advice from gurus like you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 4:47pm On May 19, 2018
I have just been advised not to buy a Merci c280 2006 because of potential electrical and engine problems but the car looks good and I'd just have to change a few bits. Anyone driving this model?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 8:01pm On May 19, 2018
Jazzlite:

W164 ML350 didn't use M112 they used the M272 engine pls. as for the tumble flap I'd advice you replace the intake manifold but if you can rebuild the tumble flap with more studier material, you're good to go.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 8:04pm On May 19, 2018
toyeoye:
I have just been advised not to buy a Merci c280 2006 because of potential electrical and engine problems but the car looks good and I'd just have to change a few bits. Anyone driving this model?
earlier M272 engines of which the C280 belongs to were plagued with the deadly tumble flap failure which could be catastrophic. some also had the balance shaft palava. The RWD early model facelift C230 v6 and C280 which had the 722:9 7G-tronic transmission were prone to VGS malfunction which could entail transmission malfunctions.

rather than do a C280 or C230 v6 which had the tumble flap palava and the VGS malfuntions, I'd advice you go for a C230 kompressor sports or c240 with the 722:6 5G-tronic transmission.

read more on the balance shaft issues here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w209/646436-m272-v6-balance-shaft-failure-hmmm.html

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/check-my-mercedes-benz-for-balance-shaft-issue-by-vin-m272273/

on the issue of intake manifold read this:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/441774-dealer-says-i-need-new-intake-manifold-1-800-a.html

on the VGS issues, please read this:
http://www.mercedesmedic.com/must-read-722-9-7g-tronic-valve-body-conductor-plate/
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 10:03pm On May 19, 2018
kingreign:

earlier M272 engines of which the C280 belongs to were plagued with the deadly tumble flap failure which could be catastrophic. some also had the balance shaft palava. The RWD early model facelift C230 v6 and C280 which had the 722:9 7G-tronic transmission were prone to VGS malfunction which could entail transmission malfunctions.

rather than do a C280 or C230 v6 which had the tumble flap palava and the VGS malfuntions, I'd advice you go for a C230 kompressor sports or c240 with the 722:6 5G-tronic transmission.

read more on the balance shaft issues here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w209/646436-m272-v6-balance-shaft-failure-hmmm.html

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/check-my-mercedes-benz-for-balance-shaft-issue-by-vin-m272273/

on the issue of intake manifold read this:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/441774-dealer-says-i-need-new-intake-manifold-1-800-a.html

on the VGS issues, please read this:
http://www.mercedesmedic.com/must-read-722-9-7g-tronic-valve-body-conductor-plate/

Thanks for the advice and links shared
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by otanoghe: 8:31pm On May 20, 2018
kingreign:

W164 ML350 didn't use M112 they used the M272 engine pls. as for the tumble flap I'd advice you replace the intake manifold but if you can rebuild the tumble flap with more studier material, you're good to go.
thanks a lot Kingreign for the advice, I prefer to replace the intake manifold but I am looking for someone with similar experience that can direct me to a good mechanic in Port Harcourt that will get me a good intake manifold and have it replaced perfectly without causing additional damages to the engine. Considering the nature of the wiring system around that area of the engine. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by otanoghe: 5:38am On May 21, 2018
otanoghe:
thanks a lot Kingreign for the advice, I prefer to replace the intake manifold but I am looking for someone with similar experience that can direct me to a good mechanic in Port Harcourt that will get me a good intake manifold and have it replaced perfectly without causing additional damages to the engine. Considering the nature of the wiring system around that area of the engine. Thanks.
old time Benz Users, please I need more and urgent response to fix this problem. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by FatCow: 2:13am On May 24, 2018
Please can someone share the WhatsApp group link here? Tks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NeyofeedNigEnt: 9:00pm On May 25, 2018
Good day house!
Please how many litre of engine oil is required for 2004 Mercedes Benz ML320?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 9:52pm On May 25, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:
Good day house!
Please how many litre of engine oil is required for 2004 Mercedes Benz ML320?
8 litres.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NeyofeedNigEnt: 10:08pm On May 25, 2018
weyreypey:

8 litres.

Thank you boss

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dljbd1(m): 3:41pm On May 27, 2018
Nice
Please can someone share the WhatsApp link here
Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:54pm On May 27, 2018
Please add me up on the whatsapp group

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by austinofex(m): 10:45pm On May 30, 2018
I have Naija used Ml350 4matic 2008 model, for 3.2m, Negotiable nearly used sound engine, perfect working Ac, leather Ac
I have Naija used rx300 1.3m negotiable, with Ac, neatly used, leather seat,
I have Lexus rx330 tokubor 4.1m negotiable
I have naija Toyota corrola 2005 model 1.250m negotiable available
I have direct tokunbor Madza MVP 2005 model1.4m negotiable
contact number/WhatsApp:08139169686.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by teeteelardey(f): 10:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
Please I need a very good mechanic in ilorin. Kindly assist
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2018
Add me to the WhatsApp group pls

Also a friend needs an advice.

What is the cost of ML 320 engine, and the gear box.
Also does it really consume fuel as people assume.

Is it a good ride.

He wasn't to buy this car and needs advice. That's why I'm here.

Your replies will be forwarded to him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.