Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,379 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (970496 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:49am On Aug 01, 2018
smellingmenses:
E klasse models are supposed to be stronger and more pleasurable to drive than the c class.

Also more expensive, which is what the guy asked. E Class parts are pricier, the technology is more advanced, etc.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chuksaluta(m): 7:17am On Aug 01, 2018
burac:
Hi Benz fam. Is it possible to get an updated map of Nigeria to be installed and showing on the navigation screen of a 2009 ml350 4matic. If so, where can one get that?
does anyone have information on this?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 8:01am On Aug 01, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Also more expensive, which is what the guy asked. E Class parts are pricier, the technology is more advanced, etc.
No. Not necessarily so. Mercedes Benz uses the same engines but only modify the power... Thus same engines same transmission... 5G or 7G... And yes smellingmenses is right.... E klasse models are sweeter to drive
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
Kewtt:

No. Not necessarily so. Mercedes Benz uses the same engines but only modify the power... Thus same engines same transmission... 5G or 7G... And yes smellingmenses is right.... E klasse models are sweeter to drive

Suspension parts? Chassis? Interior?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Suspension parts? Chassis? Interior?
All three.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by benedictgold(m): 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2018
Kewtt:

All three.

Thank you! So in essence you are saying maintenance cost of respective c class and e class are primarily the same right
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
benedictgold:

Thank you! So in essence you are saying maintenance cost of respective c class and e class are primarily the same right
Maintenance is more in the C klasse than the E klasse...based on more frequency of repairs in the C klasse.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by benedictgold(m): 7:55pm On Aug 01, 2018
Kewtt:

Maintenance is more in the C klasse than the E klasse...based on more frequency of repairs in the C klasse.

Really, I never knew that.. thought cos e class is more expensive and classier then it will be more expensive to maintain. So e class gives less issues than c class?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2018
benedictgold:

Really, I never knew that.. thought cos e class is more expensive and classier then it will be more expensive to maintain. So e class gives less issues than c class?
Yes... the bigger Mercedes vehicles have less maintenance costs after a while due to great build quality... while the budget versions falls apart... Purchase might be more expensive and yes it has a more intimidating presence

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by benedictgold(m): 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
Kewtt:

Yes... the bigger Mercedes vehicles have less maintenance costs after a while due to great build quality... while the budget versions falls apart... Purchase might be more expensive and yes it has a more intimidating presence
Ok thanks.. from this discussion I have come to understand that e350 2010 would be better than c300 2010... Thank you very much.
One more thing, how do you know much about this?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 8:14pm On Aug 01, 2018
benedictgold:

Ok thanks.. from this discussion I have come to understand that e350 2010 would be better than c300 2010... Thank you very much.
One more thing, how do you know much about this?
Experience... Of different Mercedes Benz models... Especially the C klasse and E klasse models... And also a Merc fan.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2018
At high mileage--which we all buy--the E Klasse parts would have started falling apart anyway, better build quality or not, and that's when you'll know that Mercedes begins with an E. If you're at all bothered about maintenance costs, buy your C Klasse and rest. Go and price W212 suspension parts, compare them to equivalent W204 parts.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by PS712: 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2018
Hello gurus
My Mercedes e320 2003 model had engine changed. Thereafter it started working well again. But recently it's acting funny,like going off after cranking. Air flow meter was suspected,but later confirmed to be o.k. Likewise brain box. About 4 different technicians have worked on it and now it's obvious more harm has been done,cause the car is no longer running smoothly but misses and consumes lots of fuel. Had to really take time to find where deeper scan of the vehicle can be done and the following was obtained. Please experienced people here I need your suggestions on solutions to the errors highlighted. Thanks!

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2018
PS712:
Hello gurus
My Mercedes e320 2003 model had engine changed. Thereafter it started working well again. But recently it's acting funny,like going off after cranking. Air flow meter was suspected,but later confirmed to be o.k. Likewise brain box. About 4 different technicians have worked on it and now it's obvious more harm has been done,cause the car is no longer running smoothly but misses and consumes lots of fuel. Had to really take time to find where deeper scan of the vehicle can be done and the following was obtained. Please experienced people here I need your suggestions on solutions to the errors highlighted. Thanks!
Where are you? If in Lagos find odubee
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
At high mileage--which we all buy--the E Klasse parts would have started falling apart anyway, better build quality or not,
Lies derived from assumptions.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by PS712: 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
weyreypey:

Where are you? If in Lagos find odubee
In Abuja.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2018
PS712:

In Abuja.
Find autoelectng or kingreign

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by benedictgold(m): 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2018
weyreypey:

Lies derived from assumptions.

Please What's your opinion.
Cos I want to take cost of maintenance into account.. It's no good if I get e350 2010 then I will start spending more on maintenance, if I can just get c300 2010 instead
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 9:40pm On Aug 05, 2018
benedictgold:

Please What's your opinion.
Cos I want to take cost of maintenance into account.. It's no good if I get e350 2010 then I will start spending more on maintenance, if I can just get c300 2010 instead
Kingreign lare... E klasse models are always stronger and more robust than the C klasse counterparts.

E mid level executive sedan
C entry level executive sedan

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Oluwatosin6060: 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2018
Hello ,
Pls is it possible to get a c240 Benz with a 4in-line engine with a manual transmission at what cost and also what's your take on it?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 10:19pm On Aug 05, 2018
Oluwatosin6060:
Hello ,
Pls is it possible to get a c240 Benz with a 4in-line engine with a manual transmission at what cost and also what's your take on it?
Which of the c240's? W202 C240 V6, W203 C 240 V6...
W204 C 240 V6 then the w205
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoElectNG: 6:01am On Aug 06, 2018
weyreypey:

Find auto.electng or kingre.ign

Thanks for the mention/referral

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by funso111: 6:12am On Aug 06, 2018
Someone should help me to Mercedes Benz Whatapp group.my number is 07038307221.I am Funso.thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:51am On Aug 06, 2018
Oluwatosin6060:
Hello ,

No, all C240s have a V6. Look at a C200k or C180k.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Oluwatosin6060: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
Thank @ heavenlybang

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Hawkinsnkem: 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
Please can you give me a clear description of this place in PH, and how good are they?

yungboss:
Slyboggie,
I don't know where you live but close to eliozu junction, towards Rumuodomaya axis from that roundabout,there's a Mercedes shop about 500m from the roundabout, they repair high end Mercedes cars (forgotten the name). I visited there in the days I had one...it's located along the road...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by joeyzasa(m): 9:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
pls brothers am about to buy a 2003 to 2006 e500 is it very reliable like the e55 amg
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:57am On Aug 07, 2018
joeyzasa:
pls brothers am about to buy a 2003 to 2006 e500 is it very reliable like the e55 amg

Don't do it, bro. The SBC on that year range is shite, and the airmatic on the E500 is completely urgh. Buy a 2007 E350 if possible–though you still have to face balance shaft issues.

If you don't mind buying something other than Mercedes, why not a Lexus GS350?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:57am On Aug 07, 2018
joeyzasa:

Don't do it, bro. The SBC on that year range is shite, and the airmatic on the E500 is completely urgh. Buy a 2007 E350 if possible–though you still have to face balance shaft issues.

If you don't mind buying something other than Mercedes, why not a Lexus GS300?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 7:45am On Aug 07, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

If you don't mind buying something other than Mercedes, why not a Lexus GS300?
Convenient for you to come here and yapyapyap chochocho... Is this the Lexus thread? Or Toyota thread? Or the GS 300 has no known issues?

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:55am On Aug 07, 2018
weyreypey:

Convenient for you to come here and yapyapyap chochocho... Is this the Lexus thread? Or Toyota thread? Or the GS 300 has no known issues?

I'm curious, are you dim?

I gave reasons why the 03-06 E500 is a bad choice.
I suggested an E Class with significantly less issues but still outlined the major fault the car has.
I suggested a car model that competes directly with the E Class and is significantly more reliable–and objectively a better car in most departments.

But no, you choose to be a bitter nonce and ignore all of that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 8:29am On Aug 07, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I'm curious, are you dim?

I gave reasons why the 03-06 E500 is a bad choice.
I suggested an E Class with significantly less issues but still outlined the major fault the car has.
I suggested a car model that competes directly with the E Class and is significantly more reliable–and objectively a better car in most departments.

But no, you choose to be a bitter nonce and ignore all of that.
More yadayada

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.