Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (972256 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:53am On Aug 07, 2018
Why do I even bother?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nurey(m): 9:15am On Aug 07, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I'm curious, are you dim?

I gave reasons why the 03-06 E500 is a bad choice.
I suggested an E Class with significantly less issues but still outlined the major fault the car has.
I suggested a car model that competes directly with the E Class and is significantly more reliable–and objectively a better car in most departments.

But no, you choose to be a bitter nonce and ignore all of that.

for saying that about lexus it is safe to say the scales have falling off your eyes grin, we don convert king406 and you remain a few bad eggs to go welcome to the club grin

Also leave that troll to avoid hypertension let him/her continue typing...

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:37am On Aug 07, 2018
nurey:

for saying that about lexus it is safe to say the scales have falling off your eyes grin, we don convert king406 and you remain a few bad eggs to go welcome to the club grin

Lol, I'm Mercedes for life, but I can also appreciate the top tier Japanese marques–Infiniti, Acura, Lexus.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 10:41am On Aug 07, 2018
Good morning, I'm about buying a 2003 c200 kompressor (naija used). The only worry is that it does brake and quench. We have taken it to 2 mechanics in Lagos but the issue is there. One mechanic said the gearbox has issues. Please advice on what to do to fix this issue? Or should I forget buying this car naija used? Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:49am On Aug 07, 2018
Philadelphia:
Good morning, I'm about buying a 2003 c200 kompressor (naija used). The only worry is that it does brake and quench. We have taken it to 2 mechanics in Lagos but the issue is there. One mechanic said the gearbox has issues. Please advice on what to do to fix this issue? Or should I forget buying this car naija used? Thanks.

Run.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 11:39am On Aug 07, 2018
Philadelphia:
Get the car to a Star machine. If you are in Lagos I can direct you to one. It's a very simple issue... Please ignore the clown up there he knows nothing about Mercedes brand. A star machine would tell you the issues with the car in-toto...

A quote from yourmechanic

Need help?
Call us:
(800) 701-6230
Car stalling when you stop? Get it inspected at your home or office.

Our certified mechanics come to you · Backed by our 12-month, 12,000-mile warranty · Get a fair and transparent estimate upfront
GET A QUOTE Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee
Red-stars EXCELLENT RATING ON Logo-yelp
Home Auto Repair and Maintenance Services When I slow down and stop the car, engine shuts off Inspection
When I slow down and stop the car, engine shuts off Inspection Service

Your car is designed to run like a well-oiled machine, but sometimes that machine struggles in unexpected places. There’s not always a warning light to alert you of this, but sometimes your car will be driving fine at road speed, only to die when you slow down and stop. If your engine shuts off at low speed, contact a mechanic immediately for a thorough inspection.

Common reasons for this to happen:
Malfunctioning transmission: In a car with an automatic transmission, the torque converter takes the place of the manual clutch and is responsible for transmitting power. If the torque converter is broken, or if there is a low fluid level in the transmission, the converter will not do its job, and the car will be unable to maintain power at low speeds, which causes the engine to shut off. A defective TCS or torque converter solenoid can also cause this issue.

Low fuel pressure, dirty or defective fuel injectors, or broken fuel pump: The fuel pump is responsible for transferring fuel from the tank to the engine. A malfunctioning fuel pump can result in low fuel pressure, which means that there is an inconsistent stream of fuel to the engine. At high speeds this doesn’t matter as much, but at low speeds a temporary pause in the fuel stream is enough to kill the engine. The fuel injectors are responsible for spraying a measured amount of fuel that is ignited by the spark plugs at the proper time. Injectors can become clogged or dirty over time resulting in erratic spray or no spray at all.

Bad oxygen sensor or mass flow sensor: The oxygen sensors and mass flow sensor determine how much oxygen is entering the fuel stream, and helps the vehicle adjust the air-to-fuel ratio. If there is too much or too little oxygen, your vehicle will not have optimal power. Just like with low fuel pressure, the car will continue to operate at driving speeds, but this suboptimal power won’t be able to fuel the vehicle as it slows down.

Loose or corroded wires in wiring harness: An inconsistently firing ignition will result in an easily stalled engine. If the wires don’t have consistent, constant, and reliable connection with the ignition circuit, the vehicle can lose voltage quickly, and it won’t have the power it needs to keep running as you slow down.

Faulty idle air control actuator: The idle air control actuator controls the engines RPMs when it is idling. This actuator receives information from the electronic control unit (ECU) so it knows at what RPM to keep the engine for a smooth and safe idle. When the actuator malfunctions, the engine gets no signal for idling speed and stops working.

Clogged or restricted EGR Valve: If your EGR valve is clogged, dirty, or defective it can cause your car to stall, idle erratically, or sputter, depending on whether it is stuck open or closed.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 11:44am On Aug 07, 2018
Just ensure whatever repair cost is deducted from the purchase cost.

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:52pm On Aug 07, 2018
Ironic.

You'd understand why I told him to run if you had a little bit more common sense.

Philadelphia, you're close to buying a car from one of the worst eras in the history of Mercedes, and you're already finding mechanical issues with the car? Do yourself a favor: run. It's not worth it.

Those cars are complete pieces of shite anyways.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
Thanks for your advice.
Let the insults stop please.
Thanks again.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 8:11pm On Aug 07, 2018
Your location was not indicated...can be fixed

Philadelphia:
Thanks for your advice.
Thanks again.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 11:11pm On Aug 07, 2018
Philadelphia:
Thanks for your advice.
Thanks again.
Leave my comrade heavenlybang
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by iraybuju: 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
I am offering free diagnosis for odbii cars. odbii also for sale.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by king406(m): 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
nurey:

you havent converted me to anything grin. Lexus makes nice cars but they’re no where near benz.

8 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MrBigiman: 1:24am On Aug 20, 2018
Where can I find good W202 fuel pump. Most are not functioning well.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 5:17am On Aug 20, 2018
MrBigiman:
Where can I find good W202 fuel pump. Most are not functioning well.
Buy an E klasse pump instead.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MrBigiman: 7:51am On Aug 20, 2018
weyreypey:
Buy an E klasse pump instead.
Will this work well boss?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 8:25am On Aug 20, 2018
MrBigiman:

Will this work well boss?
Experience experience. Or get a C klasse pump with a lifetime warranty or 10,000 miles from radautoworks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MrBigiman: 8:30am On Aug 20, 2018
weyreypey:

Experience experience. Or get a C klasse pump with a lifetime warranty or 10,000 miles from radautoworks.

Thanks boss. Grateful. Will try the former.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 8:31am On Aug 20, 2018
MrBigiman:

Thanks boss. Grateful. Will try the former.
Why not just buy OEM new?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MrBigiman: 8:36am On Aug 20, 2018
weyreypey:
Why not just buy OEM new?
What's that?, what's the cost? Don't know much of these things.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 8:50am On Aug 20, 2018
benedictgold:

Please What's your opinion.
Cos I want to take cost of maintenance into account.. It's no good if I get e350 2010 then I will start spending more on maintenance, if I can just get c300 2010 instead

As someone who has not been a single year of her life without ownership (even as a baby through my parents) if a Mercedes, an E class is nicer to own but also costs more to maintain. And we've had them all. C,e,s,clk,slk so i can talk and we keep all our cars or give them to family. My husband currently has an S that was my dad's and we also have an E.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 8:52am On Aug 20, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Don't do it, bro. The SBC on that year range is shite, and the airmatic on the E500 is completely urgh. Buy a 2007 E350 if possible–though you still have to face balance shaft issues.

If you don't mind buying something other than Mercedes, why not a Lexus GS350?

That reminds me. Mercedes e and s class love to "sit". Something about their air suspensions can really piss you off once they start going wonky. Never had that problem with a C.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:15am On Aug 20, 2018
radautoworks:

That reminds me. Mercedes e and s class love to "sit". Something about their air suspensions can really piss you off once they start going wonky. Never had that problem with a C.

No C uses an air suspension AFAIK.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 10:25am On Aug 20, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

No C uses an air suspension AFAIK.

Well that explains why they don't "sit" then! Always wondered about that! Never occurred to look cause never had suspension issues in the C.

Another thing that makes E class more expensive to maintain. Mystery solved. Thanks!

Pic is husband's S doing the infamous "sit" earlier this year. Went through 3 Ladipo replacements at 80k a pop before we were fully set up SMH.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:04am On Aug 20, 2018
radautoworks:

Well that explains why they don't "sit" then! Always wondered about that! Never occurred to look cause never had suspension issues in the C.

Another thing that makes E class more expensive to maintain. Mystery solved. Thanks!

Pic is husband's S doing the infamous "sit" earlier this year. Went through 3 Ladipo replacements at 80k a pop before we were fully set up SMH.

Urgh, such a hassle. Any car with an air suspension is a hard pass for me, especially in Nigeria.

Funny enough, I've actually seen the balloon things being refilled by normal vulcanizer air pumps. grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 11:07am On Aug 20, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Urgh, such a hassle. Any car with an air suspension is a hard pass for me, especially in Nigeria.

Funny enough, I've actually seen the balloon things being refilled by normal vulcanizer air pumps. grin grin
Any balloon suspension is a piece of shyyte
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 11:18am On Aug 20, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Whaaa....
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2018
radautoworks:

Whaaa....

My exact reaction. grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mabs2015: 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
Please does anyone have front shaft(the pair) for eclass w211 2006? I need urgently in Abuja.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by princevih(m): 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2018
hello people, i need ur advice on d MB's c230 2006 model v6 nd 06 accord v6. I av done some research abt d 2 vehicles, bt i wnt advice 4rm people who av used either of d 2. Dis are my criterias 4 conparison.
1.reliability nd ruggedness
2. Performance
3. Beauty nd class
4. Availability of original parts.
5. Balance on speed
6. Majorly known problems of both cars
7. Lastly fuel economy
Thank u all in advance.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2018
princevih:
hello people, i need ur advice on d MB's c230 2006 model v6 nd 06 accord v6. I av done some research abt d 2 vehicles, bt i wnt advice 4rm people who av used either of d 2. Dis are my criterias 4 conparison.
1.reliability nd ruggedness
2. Performance
3. Beauty nd class
4. Availability of original parts.
5. Balance on speed
6. Majorly known problems of both cars
7. Lastly fuel economy
Thank u all in advance.

1. Accord will be more reliable. The first few years of the M272 and 7G-Tronic were bad.
2. Accord will outperform the C230 by far. More power, way more torque.
3. C230 looks better, has more class.
4. Meh, should be about the same.
5. C230 has an edge. Although both should be about the same under 160km/h or so.
6. C230 of that year and an engine with a defect. Also the transmission was just introduced and was yet to be perfected. Honda V6s of that generation had shite auto transmissions.
7. About the same. Accord has the bigger engine but VTEC helps with efficiency, so both are in the same 10km/l ballpark. Accord may even have a slight edge.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

1. Accord will be more reliable. The first few years of the M272 and 7G-Tronic were bad.
2. Accord will outperform the C230 by far. More power, way more torque.
3. C230 looks better, has more class.
4. Meh, should be about the same.
5. C230 has an edge. Although both should be about the same under 160km/h or so.
6. C230 of that year and an engine with a defect. Also the transmission was just introduced and was yet to be perfected. Honda V6s of that generation had shite auto transmissions.
7. About the same. Accord has the bigger engine but VTEC helps with efficiency, so both are in the same 10km/l ballpark. Accord may even have a slight edge.

Chai. Mercedes has suffered with these comparisons! Es okay. At least it is c class... The budget Mercedes

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.