Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (974347 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Daxbiz(m): 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hello guys, i'm about to purchase an ML 320 2003 Model because I love mercedes products like mad.

Question is how fuel efficient is it considering we spend quite a sizeable amount of time in traffic gridlocks on a daily basis?

Please compare with othrr jeeps in its class.

Thanks.

NB: I presently drive a 190 auto. I spend an average of N4,500 in 15hrs driving time every week.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Daxbiz(m): 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2013
@smartchoice, thanks.

I read the reviews and frankly surprised at the mostly negative points about the car.

Especially aspects of parts falling off and malfunctioning electronic systems.

Thought German cars are INVINCIBLE. Beginning to think otherwise.

Any one in the house with experience of the ML series, please have your say....

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trac: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Eyop: @ Trac we are here to learn because that's the reason we all are here to gather some experience and soonest i will be purchasing a C class because that has always been my choice either the 2005 or the 2006. Please respond to Emperoh so myself can as well learn from your comments. Thank you.

It is true [that] we are all here to learn. However, that philosophy has been compromised - at least for the moment - the core purpose of the thread has been exploited for selfish recognition and broadcast.

Nevertheless, if you have concerns about the model in question, start from the first page - of this thread - through to the current and read applicable comments. A faint overview will be [realistically] sufficient. How it fares well within the Nigerian environment should be grand-concern. This thread is more than 2 years old. This question isn't new.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2013
Plz Fellow Men in the MB Owners Club Nairaland..
https://www.nairaland.com/1441058/pioneer-project-mercedes-190-w201
Am really soliciting 4 ur support in restoring an MB W201 (190e).
No reasonable amuount is too small..
I could have asked 4 the help of my parents but they ain't earning much and am just a student in FUTO
pls help me fulfill this ma dream *pioneer project* with my very own 190
i've a dream that'll be the one to make Restoration,tuning and customizing project popular in Nigeria just like the p.imp my ride aired on MTV
I'll appreciate and payback in my own liltle way if U so desire.
thanks & Bless U.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ikenna351(m): 5:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
Bossforeva: Plz Fellow Men in the MB Owners Club Nairaland..
https://www.nairaland.com/1441058/pioneer-project-mercedes-190-w201
Am really soliciting 4 ur support in restoring an MB W201 (190e).
No reasonable amuount is too small..
I could have asked 4 the help of my parents but they ain't earning much and am just a student in FUTO
pls help me fulfill this ma dream *pioneer project* with my very own 190
i've a dream that'll be the one to make Restoration,tuning and customizing project popular in Nigeria just like the p.imp my ride aired on MTV
I'll appreciate and payback in my own liltle way if U so desire.
thanks & Bless U.

You are beginning to spam the section with the above. Don't get yourself a ban. Similar post from you in next time won't be overlooked.

Moderator.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 3:49am On Sep 17, 2013
Deleted as well!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trac: 4:23am On Sep 17, 2013
au.hanson:
Trac,

Actually I shouldn’t have responded to this in order not to be in the same shoe with you, but for your tactful campaign for discrimination indicative in your tone of writing lately, which further portrays the stuff you are made off. One would have thought that you have repented of your overzealous self innuendo but the reverse is the case.

I don’t hate you, neither does anyone else does, infact I loved you contrary to your propounded fallacy stemmed from your very little conscience as you have failed to acknowledge the very fact that respect is reciprocal. Go through your write ups from the very beginning in this forum and see the number of persons you have perpetually abashed. I don’t know what you stand to gain for so doing ? I have swallowed It from you on several occasions because of the spirit of sportsmanship and as a manager that knows how to deal with the crowd of varied background, but yours is unbecoming. If you took advantage of people’s humility in trying to accommodate every other person’s opinion with respect then you had better do some course in behavioral mannerism which is so much lacking in your mannerism of approach geared at other people’s opinion. Maybe I should educate your mind frame on how to conduct yourself in public manners: If you had to criticize, of which there’s nothing wrong about doing that, then chose your words constructively without insulting someone, be objective , then you’ll gain more respect. Respect like I said is reciprocal. Then there would have been no need soliciting for campaign managers to further paint the wrong image of the forum as you are trying to do; I for one, I would even make you feel good and bigger than you are just to encourage you, but the reverse is the contrary.

In a situation where your overzealous tatamounting self gratification for some vague glory begins to knock down on people as if they are some piece of rubbish, then expect the worse. I manage a sizeable group of persons but I serve them, I understand their differences in background, and weakness and conduct myself in like manners to accommodate all of them so that we may achieve our goals, differences and experience notwithstanding. I can flog you and still buy you a beer at the same time even though I don’t drink one.

I know this may be very hard for you to get , because it is alien in your dictionary. I won’t speak on this again, neither would I respond to any gorilla write up from you.

Au.Hansen, lets move on. This is getting no where and I've buried it. Negate what I've shouldered against you. Always remember, it is the writings you critique, not the person. Two years ago, I disclosed on this thread with MB's published article why the fluid you are defending should not be used and the associated failures that was rampant. Temperature isn't an attribute to determine coolant specifications. I did not write it. MB did! I just reinforced it. You can call me all you want. It doesn't change anything. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Before you condemn another person as misleading, misguided and conning, think deeper. That is rude. That is what started this. I did not respond to you like that. With all the claim you've made, you omitted yourself. Think about your approach. I never insult anyone; not even in the real world. I'm a quiet person and mind my business. I motivate people in the real world as well.

Let's move ahead off this. It's one large child's play. It isn't stupid for me being meek but there are demerits not being so; plus this is the internet: anything goes. We should at least be able to get along. Chill! As SmartChoice says: life goes on.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 17, 2013
AU Hanson and Trac you are needed here!

Daxbiz: @smartchoice, thanks.

I read the reviews and frankly surprised at the mostly negative points about the car.

Especially aspects of parts falling off and malfunctioning electronic systems.

Thought German cars are INVINCIBLE. Beginning to think otherwise.

Any one in the house with experience of the ML series, please have your say....

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ziccoit: 7:12am On Sep 17, 2013
@Au.hanson and smartchoice.

I was browsing suchen.mobile.de this morning. I selected W202 benz and click Cruise Control to fine tune my search result of 130. Alas! That reduced to two. I was then wondering whether W202 (esp I4 engines) come standard with speedtronic/ cruise control.

Since you guys drive W202 I4 machines, do you have yours come standard with cruise control?

@Trac and Hanson, bury the hatchet pls.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2013
ziccoit: @Au.hanson and smartchoice.

I was browsing suchen.mobile.de this morning. I selected W202 benz and click Cruise Control to fine tune my search result of 130. Alas! That reduced to two. I was then wondering whether W202 (esp I4 engines) come standard with speedtronic/ cruise control.

Since you guys drive W202 I4 machines, do you have yours come standard with cruise control?

My 2000 W202 C230k has cruise control and it works. But whenever there's an ESP/ABS light on(malfunction) it does not work. Solved mine with a change of breaklight switch.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 8:03am On Sep 17, 2013
Pls house has any1 tried K and N air filter?? Heard it allows better air flow and performance.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 17, 2013
Ikenna351:

You are beginning to spam the section with the above. Don't get yourself a ban. Similar post from you in next time won't be overlooked.

Moderator.
Sorry..but what made it a spam..i can't remember myself making this multiple on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
Not standard

ziccoit: @Au.hanson and smartchoice.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
At what level of the fuel gauge is the tank completely empty?? My W202 is currently at the last level I.e below the yellow light and its still moving. I wonder how many liters or fuel is actually left in the tank when the yellow lights comes on. Knowing this can actually help in accurate calculation of MPG. The last time I filled 30litrs of fuel doing city driving I got abt 155miles though I had 2 drive like a grandpa ( very boring and slow).
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
not advisable to drive at that level because of dirt particles in the fuel tank. Then which w202 are you driving? mine would have gotten 300km to 30 litres that is 186miles.

Gee2728: At what level of the fuel gauge is the tank completely empty?? My W202 is currently at the last level I.e below the yellow light and its still moving. I wonder how many liters or fuel is actually left in the tank when the yellow lights comes on. Knowing this can actually help in accurate calculation of MPG. The last time I filled 30litrs of fuel doing city driving I got abt 155miles though I had 2 drive like a grandpa ( very boring and slow).
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Smooyis(m): 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
Is it true that it is possible to put a C~ class engine in a 190 benz? I was told by a friend that it works perfectly and its fuel efficient. If it is true how much is a C~ class automatic engine?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 190: 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
^ shocked shocked
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
smartchoice: not advisable to drive at that level because of dirt particles in the fuel tank. Then which w202 are you driving? mine would have gotten 300km to 30 litres that is 186miles.

186 miles!!!!!! Waoh that's a lot of juice for the money. Its seem ur using the C200? Mine is a C230 kompressor, I did eventually got to 160miles with the 30litrs.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
Nope C180

Gee2728:
186 miles!!!!!! Waoh that's a lot of juice for the money. Its seem ur using the C200? Mine is a C230 kompressor, I did eventually got to 160miles with the 30litrs.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 9:20am On Sep 18, 2013
smartchoice: Nope C180

C180!!!!!!!, no wonder. Ooh boi u guys are leaving in fuel economy heaven, no wonder hanson talks a lot about his economy. Even the holy book say ' To whom much is given, much is expected'. To achieve 160miles on 30litr I had to rly heavily my cruise control.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by perrybale: 10:39am On Sep 18, 2013
Pls I want to be enlightened abt benz C class 1996,most especially d kompressor type and d ordinary type. Am beginer and I love german machine.pls educate me on d mainatainace generally(fuel consumptions,parts)especially d C class kompressor coz I love it so much to d ordinary C class.however, needs to knw abt d C240 too,if I can also go for dat too.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
as a beginner I believe the ordinary C class will do you good...then from there you can start moving ahead!
perrybale: Pls I want to be enlightened abt benz C class 1996,most especially d kompressor type and d ordinary type. Am beginer and I love german machine.pls educate me on d mainatainace generally(fuel consumptions,parts)especially d C class kompressor coz I love it so much to d ordinary C class.however, needs to knw abt d C240 too,if I can also go for dat too.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
Which one is the ordinary C class?
smartchoice: as a beginner I believe the ordinary C class will do you good...then from there you can start moving ahead!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
sowie just following the posters' style....I meant pre facelift w202 C class....apologies!

Eyop: Which one is the ordinary C class?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by femionasan(m): 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hello MB gurus in the house, can anyone help me with the best coolant to use for my W204 C300 MB also where and what kind of transmission fluid can i use and where can i get it?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
femionasan: Hello MB gurus in the house, can anyone help me with the best coolant to use for my W204 C300 MB also where and what kind of transmission fluid can i use and where can i get it?
After almost a whole page of tempered debate I was hoping this coolant issue will not arise again.
As for the ATF use the mercedes branded ones they are quit cheap and easy to get.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by femionasan(m): 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
Thanks for your response, i actually wanted to get the total coolant but with what Trac said, i am confused. I dont want to mess up my engine so i better be sure, I went through the discussion but i just had to ask, if the Total coolant is good enough or there is another brand i can use. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
femionasan: Thanks for your response, i actually wanted to get the total coolant but with what Trac said, i am confused. I dont want to mess up my engine so i better be sure, I went through the discussion but i just had to ask, if the Total coolant is good enough or there is another brand i can use. Thanks
For me the total coolant is way better than the green unlabeled stuff that was in it b4. My dealer cnt seems to get hold of mercedes branded coolant yet so got to make do with what is available for now 'TOTAL'
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jahjehova(m): 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
I must say, Mr. Trac, since you came to this thread(I guess due to au.hanson's silence) this thread has almost lost focus. I have followed you from other threads and its only unfortunate to note that you love getting into controversies and taking on fellow forumites as a "hobby" without neccessarily profering a solution to existing problems.
Pls dont derail this thread.

I had a reason for asking the question on engine oil. Someone advertised a "synthetic" oil that could rival Mobil 1 for less about 40% of the latter. I believe if there is an alternative oil of same manufacturers specifications as this, its not an offence to try it out.

The name of the said oil is - Somotek - or something.

Pls Trac, au.hanson, lets help the thread and not destroy what we've built.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trac: 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
jahjehova: I must say, Mr. Trac, since you came to this thread(I guess due to au.hanson's silence) this thread has almost lost focus. I have followed you from other threads and its only unfortunate to note that you love getting into controversies and taking on fellow forumites as a "hobby" without neccessarily profering a solution to existing problems.
Pls dont derail this thread.

I had a reason for asking the question on engine oil. Someone advertised a "synthetic" oil that could rival Mobil 1 for less about 40% of the latter. I believe if there is an alternative oil of same manufacturers specifications as this, its not an offence to try it out.

The name of the said oil is - Somotek - or something.

Pls Trac, au.hanson, lets help the thread and not destroy what we've built.

Thanks

Mister, give me a link on NL where I started a controversy? That's a challenge for you. Secondly, diverting solutions in an existing thread cannot be mentioned of me. That's a stamp of discredit to you. Debunk me on that!

-- relative to this thread - all I did was to detail his recommendation as wrong. Where has that been a justification for controversy? Where?! Then, I am judged as being "con." Do you know what a con-person is? That is something you will call anyone and not expect resistance. It's impossible. Besides the ultimate misjudgement, I am condemned to misguiding the thread. Read the context! Meanwhile, I'm following and repeating what the operation manual details. Where am I wrong? The subject knew who he was talking to. His human instinct went into defense. There is nothing wrong in being wrong; we are humans. It is the same yard-stick I used for the other subscriber. Later, he discovered the error emphasized and openly acknowledged. In that way, there are converts; not to what's wrong but to what's right. This very issue was addressed two years ago. The printout (article) was uploaded. A fellow Nairalander disclosed the problems he faced and decided to run on distilled water only. It is a critical factor and MB has spent money making awareness to this fact.

The subscribers that had issues with me needed not to in the first place. If everybody said there's and went away, there wouldn't be a problem. That's what I do. I state mine and go. I don't ask any to follow me. Although I have buried this matter and moved on, the resistance gotten was equal and imposingly-appropriate. I did not start this. It's a pity everyone can't get the basic to why this is so. Nevertheless, anyone interested can revert to 2011 and get the answer. Where people have a problem with me is I go deeper and the evidence becomes clear the basis to which they intend to discredit. Then they get annoyed.

There will be nothing concerning MB from me as far as this thread is concerned. This is for the sake of peace. Once again, look at the initial response that I got. Is that appropriate to what I stated? Can you honestly justify that? Is that Nigerians communicate? I understand the game being run and I have no part to do with it.

jahjehova: I must say, Mr. Trac, since you came to this thread(I guess due to au.hanson's silence) this thread has almost lost focus.

"Due to one's silence, thread has lost focus" (according to you). Is this how this is suppose to be? Isn't it an open-thread? Because of a fair original statement --- This is not how a thread is to be. One has become territorial of the thread. I deliberately avoid this. Search earlier and see how I dominated the thread at one point. I intentionally avoided the thread afterwards to avoid dependency and recognition. It's also why I don't make posts in this thread. My philosophy is to make people be on their own and self-sufficient. Please, don't get me wrong on this. I'm making no accusations.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
Come Trac do you seriously type all these things!

Trac:

Mister, give me a link on NL where I started a controversy? That's a challenge for you. Secondly, diverting solutions in an existing thread cannot be mentioned of me. That's a stamp of discredit to you. Debunk me on that!

-- relative to this thread - all I did was to detail his recommendation as wrong. Where has that been a justification for controversy? Where?! Then, I am judged as being "con." Do you know what a con-person is? That is something you will call anyone and not expect resistance. It's impossible. Besides the ultimate misjudgement, I am condemned to misguiding the thread. Read the context! Meanwhile, I'm following and repeating what the operation manual details. Where am I wrong? The subject knew who he was talking to. His human instinct went into defense. There is nothing wrong in being wrong; we are humans. It is the same yard-stick I used for the other subscriber. Later, he discovered the error emphasized and openly acknowledged. In that way, there are converts; not to what's wrong but to what's right. This very issue was addressed two years ago. The printout (article) was uploaded. A fellow Nairalander disclosed the problems he faced and decided to run on distilled water only. It is a critical factor and MB has spent money making awareness to this fact.

The subscribers that had issues with me needed not to in the first place. If everybody said there's and went away, there wouldn't be a problem. That's what I do. I state mine and go. I don't ask any to follow me. Although I have buried this matter and moved on, the resistance gotten was equal and imposingly-appropriate. I did not start this. It's a pity everyone can't get the basic to why this is so. Nevertheless, anyone interested can revert to 2011 and get the answer. Where people have a problem with me is I go deeper and the evidence becomes clear the basis to which they intend to discredit. Then they get annoyed.

There will be nothing concerning MB from me as far as this thread is concerned. This is for the sake of peace. Once again, look at the initial response that I got. Is that appropriate to what I stated? Can you honestly justify that? Is that Nigerians communicate? I understand the game being run and I have no part to do with it.

"Due to one's silence, thread has lost focus" (according to you). Is this how this is suppose to be? Isn't it an open-thread? Because of a fair original statement --- This is not how a thread is to be. One has become territorial of the thread. I deliberately avoid this. Search earlier and see how I dominated the thread at one point. I intentionally avoided the thread afterwards to avoid dependency and recognition. It's also why I don't make posts in this thread. My philosophy is to make people be on their own and self-sufficient. Please, don't get me wrong on this. I'm making no accusations.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.