Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,726 members, 7,837,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (976889 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AbiodunAdebayo: 6:55am On Sep 24, 2013
Thanks for your prompt response. Unfortunately, I am more confused. Can you please she'd more light on the issue when you are in a better mood? Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 10:04am On Sep 24, 2013
My kick..........!!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
ziccoit: There is an offer of 2003 Mercedes Benz C180k automatic transmission clean in and out.

What do you think of the ride?

Do you think this is a wonderful offer for 1M?

I have requested for the VIN number, only I don't think whether that will yield much since the car is probably from Europe.
That is w203 benz, its a very good offer if its in a good condition. Just like what Gee said , the pictures would make more meaning to us
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2013
Abiodun Adebayo: Thanks for your prompt response. Unfortunately, I am more confused. Can you please she'd more light on the issue when you are in a better mood? Thanks.

Oh sorry my dear! I didnt mean to get you confused..just a good diagnose and troubleshooting will do , if the diagnose get tougher, then you troubleshoot for each of the factors already pointed out earlier. For now don't worry about re-occurrence, Benz don't spoil so soon, just be enjoying your great ride

cheers

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aikerism(m): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
Gee2728: My kick..........!!

Uncle Gee... Nice ride there... cool
I notice there is no anthenna on the back end of the drivers side... So where is ur horstman anthenna?

I love your wheels wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2013
Gee2728: My kick..........!!

That must be w202 facelift model.

see picture below and mine in black

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
aikerism:

Uncle Gee... Nice ride there... cool
I notice there is no anthenna on the back end of the drivers side... So where is ur horstman anthenna?

I love your wheels wink
Abt the wheels I changed them after I bought the car. They are OEM 17', rly givs the ride a bigger look.
Most 2K full-option W202 have there Athena near the roof joint to the rear wind shield like those on the E60 bmw 5 series. Thanks for the compliment, the interior is even more cleaner than the exterior.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
au.hanson:

That must be w202 facelift model.

see picture below and mine in black
yes, the white one and mine I guess were the final editions that were made. Thought they didn't come with the rims. Mine is a 2000 model made in late 99. Will post more pictures 2moro God willing.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Austyn44(m): 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
greetings to all d MB experts in d house. pls guys, am a new "convert" to the MB C class and I want to get 1 for myself latest December but am not sure which to buy cos I have a very limited knowledge on MB c class. i won't mind having an idea of d prices too. help me out. Thanks alot.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 10:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
Austyn44: greetings to all d MB experts in d house. pls guys, am a new "convert" to the MB C class and I want to get 1 for myself latest December but am not sure which to buy cos I have a very limited knowledge on MB c class. i won't mind having an idea of d prices too. help me out. Thanks alot.
Ur welcome, for us to advice you please state your budget and also your purpose(performance or economy). That way we can advice u. Once more ur welcome.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Austyn44(m): 10:16am On Sep 25, 2013
my budget is #1.2m and I prefer economy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 10:52am On Sep 25, 2013
More pics

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 12:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
Austyn44: my budget is #1.2m and I prefer economy
Am quite sure for #1mill or less u'll get a W202 C200 or C180.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
Your Mercedes really looks awesome Gee, this makes me wanna go back to owning one- it has to be the e-class 350, or the clk430.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
Gee2728:
Am quite sure for #1mill or less u'll get a W202 C200 or C180.

@ Austyn44, With the 1.2mill you can obtain a clean w203 Benz c180 0r c200 possibly 2001,2002,2003 model , Lagos price

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 1:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
au.hanson:

@ Austyn44, With the 1.2mill you can obtain a clean w203 Benz c180 0r c200 possibly 2001,2002,2003 model , Lagos price
bro hanson if W203 for #1.2mill then am not sure it wld be a clean one. Though we all have our definition of clean cos most W203 I see for less than #1.8mil have been re-sprayed, tired leather seat, and ridiculously high mileage.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
where you dey see your own?

Gee2728: bro hanson if W203 for #1.2mill then am not sure it wld be a clean one. Though we all have our definition of clean cos most W203 I see for less than #1.8mil have been re-sprayed, tired leather seat, and ridiculously high mileage.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2013
smartchoice: where you dey see your own?

Maybe there in the south those c-class be like pure water for u guys, but honestly here in the north and kaduna to be precise its hard to come by such clean 203 as he posted for less than #1.8mill. My 2k W202 C230kompressor cost #1.3mil last year october.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
smartchoice: where you dey see your own?

A friend just bought 2001 w203 c200k from Lag for that amount(very clean) when i get to his place this weekend with his permission i'll load the pictures here

Maybe i should have use the clause , "if you comb the market well..."

You know these things are not die hard stagnated in prices. If some people should tell you how much they bought their cars, you wont believe it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
My brother, i quite agree with you and is not as if you cannot see the vehicle with that budgeted amount but the question that you should ask yourself is what will be the condition of the vehicle (W203) you are buying? My own version of a clean ride will be different from another person's own. A certified clean ride is one that both the interior,exterior,mechanical,electrical etc will not require you to do anything and the mileage will be very reasonable. I have a friend that went to Togo to purchase a 1997 Mercedes C200 which landed Lagos Nigeria for #1,150,000 and the vehicle was super in all aspect because it was buy and drive.

You can even go online(some of the German used car websites) to find out the cost of some of these cars(a very clean one that has a good service history and will not require any further repairs) from there you can be able to know if your budget is realistic or not. In cotonou a very clean one will not land Lagos at that amount because the Lebanese selling cars will also want to make money from their sales and they won't invest so much money in a certified clean one to enable them sell very fast.

If for W202 then i am very sure that you will get a good one that is clean in and out but for a W203,i doubt if you can achieve that but all that depends on the individual buying anyway cos your own version of clean may not be clean to me. Mercedes Benz is not like a Toyota or any other Japanese that you can gamble with in terms of the mechanical and electrical features so my advice is get certified clean ride that your budgeted amount can carry. Good luck...
Gee2728: bro hanson if W203 for #1.2mill then am not sure it wld be a clean one. Though we all have our definition of clean cos most W203 I see for less than #1.8mil have been re-sprayed, tired leather seat, and ridiculously high mileage.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 6:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
Eyop: My brother, i quite agree with you and is not as if you cannot see the vehicle with that budgeted amount but the question that you should ask yourself is what will be the condition of the vehicle (W203) you are buying? My own version of a clean ride will be different from another person's own. A certified clean ride is one that both the interior,exterior,mechanical,electrical etc will not require you to do anything and the mileage will be very reasonable. I have a friend that went to Togo to purchase a 1997 Mercedes C200 which landed Lagos Nigeria for #1,150,000 and the vehicle was super in all aspect because it was buy and drive.

You can even go online(some of the German used car websites) to find out the cost of some of these cars(a very clean one that has a good service history and will not require any further repairs) from there you can be able to know if your budget is realistic or not. In cotonou a very clean one will not land Lagos at that amount because the Lebanese selling cars will also want to make money from their sales and they won't invest so much money in a certified clean one to enable them sell very fast.

If for W202 then i am very sure that you will get a good one that is clean in and out but for a W203,i doubt if you can achieve that but all that depends on the individual buying anyway cos your own version of clean may not be clean to me. Mercedes Benz is not like a Toyota or any other Japanese that you can gamble with in terms of the mechanical and electrical features so my advice is get certified clean ride that your budgeted amount can carry. Good luck...

Thank God say u see my point. If u dnt mind send me ur mail so that I can send u the clear pic of my car so u can also appreciate y it cost that much for a W202.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2013
You can only get a clean naija used for that price.

au.hanson:

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2013
Gee2728:

Thank God say u see my point. If u dnt mind send me ur mail so that I can send u the clear pic of my car so u can also appreciate y it cost that much for a W202.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
Eyop: My brother, i quite agree with you and is not as if you cannot see the vehicle with that budgeted amount but the question that you should ask yourself is what will be the condition of the vehicle (W203) you are buying? My own version of a clean ride will be different from another person's own. A certified clean ride is one that both the interior,exterior,mechanical,electrical etc will not require you to do anything and the mileage will be very reasonable. I have a friend that went to Togo to purchase a 1997 Mercedes C200 which landed Lagos Nigeria for #1,150,000 and the vehicle was super in all aspect because it was buy and drive.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
cne010: You can only get a clean naija used for that price.

You have a point.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
Brother you have a good ride and i must confess that's my own version of certified clean ride grin.
Gee2728:
You have a point.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
clean is RELATIVE...9ja used ride w202/203 @ 1.2mil then I must have been smoking something and seriously high sad
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
U think?

Some certain factors determine the price. No pun intended there are some naija used good as toks.

smartchoice: clean is RELATIVE...9ja used ride w202/203 @ 1.2mil then I must have been smoking something and seriously high sad
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2013
W203 for #1.2 million is definately naija used. I reside in kano and did my survey back in april 2013 after finally deciding to retire my benz E 430 2000 model. I saw a very clean 2006 C 350 for #3.5 million and another relatively clean 2006 C 280 for #2.5 million. I finally went for a 2005 C 320 @ #2.4 million. I believe it kinda depends on where the car was sourced from, mileage etc. but a W203 for #1.2 million is definately questionable.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
depending on your combing(searching) power!

cne010: U think?

Some certain factors determine the price. No pun intended there are some naija used good as toks.

danadam: W203 for #1.2 million is definately naija used. I reside in kano and did my survey back in april 2013 after finally deciding to retire my benz E 430 2000 model. I saw a very clean 2006 C 350 for #3.5 million and another relatively clean 2006 C 280 for #2.5 million. I finally went for a 2005 C 320 @ #2.4 million. I believe it kinda depends on where the car was sourced from, mileage etc. but a W203 for #1.2 million is definately questionable.
You reside in KANO. Anyway am talking about 2003 and below, 9ja used. By the way how is your E430/420?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
You reside in KANO. Anyway am talking
about 2003 and below, 9ja used. By the way
how is your E430/420?

Okay. you are right, saw a couple of them at #1.2 - 1. 4 million but I didn't want any naija used car. My E430 V8 is presently in possession of my Dad... the old man is really enjoying the car.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
I need to know more about the E430! If you don't mind...

danadam: You reside in KANO. Anyway am talking
about 2003 and below, 9ja used. By the way
how is your E430/420?

Okay. you are right, saw a couple of them at #1.2 - 1. 4 million but I didn't want any naija used car. My E430 V8 is presently in possession of my Dad... the old man is really enjoying the car.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.