Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967831 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:29am On Apr 01, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

mErCs dOn'T gEt oUtDaTeD.

Because no be car e be, na diamond.

People still drive 1984 vboot , 1979 230e and other ancient Benz...they are very popular in East...I see also many here in Lagos...that is what I meant ...I am not saying that it last forever ! But it has higher longevity....

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:33am On Apr 01, 2020
AmuDimpka:

People still drive 1984 vboot , 1979 230e and other ancient Benz...they are very popular in East...I see also many here in Lagos...that is what I meant ...I am not saying that it last forever ! But it has higher longevity....

People still dey drive 1985 Toyota Corolla. I don't get your point tbh.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:34am On Apr 01, 2020
AmuDimpka:
they make fast cars...Aston make fast cars .....do they even have an SUV...is there an Aston Martin SUV

Aston Martins make fast cars but never cars that can compete with the best at either track or drag. They're not designed to be raced.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 9:36am On Apr 01, 2020
Eddee:
The calm before the storm

If you know, you know! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:38am On Apr 01, 2020
Eddee:

E don tey wey we get storm. Coronation season is ideal.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 9:48am On Apr 01, 2020
Eddee:
They never learn, do they?
"Mercs don't get outdated". Never read a worse horseshit in my life.
This disease is worse than covid-19.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 9:54am On Apr 01, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

A massive V8. It's one of my dream cars.

After watching that video a few days ago, I immediately went to start calculating how much it'd cost. By my estimates, around 8m. Too expensive sadly.

Next best thing is a first-gen CLS550 but it looks outdated at this point, sadly.
True...I looked closely at a 2009 cls500 for sale recently, I actually wasn't convinced anymore about owning one...It appears too overstyled for my taste now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 10:01am On Apr 01, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

What do you think about the old w124 mercs- in the late 80s to early 90s they had cars like the 300E amg, the e60 amg (the 6.0 hammer). Those cars are like a needle in haystack. Would be nice to have one of such cars for keeps. W124s churning out 380hp -400hps in the 80s...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Themandalorian: 10:07am On Apr 01, 2020
auhanson:

Those guys are expert like Dominic Toretto of FAST N FURIOUS...Probably he may have been warned not to try that with the Lexus(as such donut oversteer put a lot of strain on the cars chassis and drive train, perhaps the Lexus may not have survived it like others who were build for that. Remember she is just a Toyota mimicking the kings with built for luxury and manageable performances to get into the leak, so she better watch the kings do their thing.
Sorry to say but you are saying rubbish sir. Look up Lexus videos on YouTube then come back and delete the rubbish you wrote.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 10:09am On Apr 01, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

After watching that video a few days ago, I immediately went to start calculating how much it'd cost. By my estimates, around 8m. Too expensive sadly.

Next best thing is a first-gen CLS550 but it looks outdated at this point, sadly.
Before I got my c350, I saw an advert on NL, asking for N4m for a used w204 amg prefacelift.
https://www.nairaland.com/5138488/2009-mercedes-benz-c63-amg#77612904 Almost got it. But i had to think again..."used c63amg or first-owned c350?"
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:12am On Apr 01, 2020
yungboss:

Before I got my c350, I saw an advert on NL, asking for N4m for a used w204 amg, prefacelift.https://www.nairaland.com/5138488/2009-mercedes-benz-c63-amg#77612904 Almost got it. But i had to think again..."used c63amg or first-owned c350?"

First-owned C350 will always be the right option, tbh.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:14am On Apr 01, 2020
yungboss:

True...I looked closely at a 2009 cls500 for sale recently, I actually wasn't convinced anymore about owning one...It appears too overstyled for my taste now

The CLS550 is the real gem. The 500 was a bit underwhelming and isn't a performance upgrade on my current car.

But that 5.5L is excellent.

yungboss:

What do you think about the old w124 mercs- in the late 80s to early 90s they had cars like the 300E amg, the e60 amg (the 6.0 hammer). Those cars are like a needle in haystack. Would be nice to have one of such cars for keeps. W124s churning out 380hp -400hps in the 80s...

Definitely! Those cars are probably very rare and expensive now, sadly, unless you get lucky.

Well-built cars with massive engines are a gem.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drakeskull(m): 10:16am On Apr 01, 2020
conductor260:

The Lexus was faster than your 2020 Benzedes C63s and the other BMW in the video.

That not withstanding, this is a 1996 Toyota Supra flogging the same (I believe Benzedes C63) that was in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG0dVwHBE0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SfrQ4F1G08

Toyota cars are for work, comfort and rock-solid reliability. When they want to build cars for speed (Supra and Lexus LFA), hardly any cars catch up with them.

Chief, I'm not here to argue superiority between both brands though but that supra is not stock. Still, I respect the old Supra's

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drakeskull(m): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2020
AmuDimpka:
they make fast cars...Aston make fast cars .....do they even have an SUV...is there an Aston Martin SUV

Yes there is one now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO9jwBH1Ob0

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Themandalorian: 10:32am On Apr 01, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That C63 is slowly turning my mind towards mercedes. Mad ass car

But for now my dream car is still a Lexus. I can't just erase them from my mind.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 12:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

My brother, the good thing be say you no sabi take prisoners.

9icetoo:

" Mercs don't get outdated ". Never read a worse horseshit in my life.

Fallacy of hasty generalization.
Every car ages, some better than most, agreed! But what nobody can tell us, is that Hitler's Merc that looks like something drawn by a horse isn't outdated by now.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 11:39am On Apr 02, 2020
drakeskull:

Yes there is one now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO9jwBH1Ob0

Oh that is cool
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 11:40am On Apr 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Aston Martins make fast cars but never cars that can compete with the best at either track or drag. They're not designed to be raced.

Oh yes you are right but cars are designed to be say ..most times they potray that in their advert even in movies ....but it's a great brand
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 11:45am On Apr 02, 2020
Eddee:

My brother, the good thing be say you no sabi take prisoners.

Fallacy of hasty generalization.
Every car ages, some better than most, agreed! But what nobody can tell us, is that Hitler's Merc that looks like something drawn by a horse isn't outdated by now.

One it's not. A FALLACY OF HASTY GENERALUZATION Bro...also you took the phrase from the literal meaning ...you didnt look at the figurative meaning and contextual meaning

Just like saying that Genevieve Nnaji doesn't get old !

It is a two way thing...some people would look at tbis expression from Literal meaning while some would look at it from figurative meaning

This statement doesn't mean that Genevieve doesn't get old because we all know that every thing gets old but it means that Genevieve aging process is graceful and slower !

Bro...I did literature in University ...

I believe that you understand me now

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 11:47am On Apr 02, 2020
9icetoo:

"Mercs don't get outdated". Never read a worse horseshit in my life.

Unfortunately you don't understand the difference between figurative meaning and literal meaning....

It's not my fault sir ....there is nothing I can do about it

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 11:56am On Apr 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

There's no Aston in that video?

And Aston Martin doesn't even make sports cars? They make grand tourers.

Habaaa bros why naaa...Aston Martin makes sports cars and they are in F1! Holly Molly ! Who told you that bro ! Aston Martin cars are fast cars ! Thy are designed for speed !

They don't even make not only sports car but speadstar...this is a massive V12 coupe ...please what is it again ! Speadstar

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Habaaa bros why naaa...Aston Martin makes sports cars and they are in F1! Holly Molly ! Who told you that bro ! Aston Martin cars are fast cars ! Thy are designed for speed !

They don't even make not only sports car but speadstar...this is a massive V12 coupe ...please what is it again ! Speadstar

Aston Martin doesn't make mainstream production sports cars, sir. Showing a Wikipedia excerpt for the company's F1 participation is irrelevant. Here's some fun information for you: Aston doesn't even build its own engines.

Also cars like the Valkyrie and Vulcan are all extremely limited edition offerings. Ergo, you can't go to an Aston Martin dealership and buy one.

Aston's bread and butter are heavy grand touring cars that can perform decently on the track but are designed for long-distance travelling in ultimate comfort.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Aston Martin doesn't make mainstream production sports cars, sir. Showing a Wikipedia excerpt for the company's F1 participation is irrelevant. Here's some fun information for you: Aston doesn't even build its own engines.

Also cars like the Valkyrie and Vulcan are all extremely limited edition offerings. Ergo, you can't go to an Aston Martin dealership and buy one.

Aston's bread and butter are heavy grand touring cars that can perform decently on the track but are designed for long-distance travelling in ultimate comfort.
Almost all their cars are sports cars, inclusive of the GTs. GTs are sports cars. GTs haul with a good measure of sportiness.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
yungboss:

Almost all their cars are sports cars, inclusive of the GTs. GTs are sports cars. GTs haul with a good measure of sportiness.

You know what I mean. A Toyota 86 is a sports car. A Nissan 370z is a sports car.

Doesn't mean you'll see them being compared to something like an M3.

Mainstream production Astons aren't built to be tracked or dragged.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
AmuDimpka:

One it's not. A FALLACY OF HASTY GENERALUZATION Bro...also you took the phrase from the literal meaning ...you didnt look at the figurative meaning and contextual meaning

Just like saying that Genevieve Nnaji doesn't get old !

It is a two way thing...some people would look at tbis expression from Literal meaning while some would look at it from figurative meaning

This statement doesn't mean that Genevieve doesn't get old because we all know that every thing gets old but it means that Genevieve aging process is graceful and slower !

Bro...I did literature in University ...

I believe that you understand me now

Just returned from a short ban, not in a hurry to stay off Nairaland. Besides you were very civil in your response, so we are good bro, I understand you perfectly.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You know what I mean. A Toyota 86 is a sports car. A Nissan 370z is a sports car.

Doesn't mean you'll see them being compared to something like an M3.

Mainstream production Astons aren't built to be tracked or dragged.
Okay.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Unfortunately you don't understand the difference between figurative meaning and literal meaning....

It's not my fault sir ....there is nothing I can do about it
There is a difference between a cliche, a slogan and a statement of fact.
If either of the words 'literally' or 'figuratively' was added to that statement, my response would have been different.
You studied literature? Should I be afraid?
Humour me.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by rozey247(m): 8:51am On Apr 04, 2020
Good morning to all the benz expert in the house.
Please I need help and advice from the experience users and experts here concerning my C240 2003/2004 model.
The cooling fan is always running on high speed and making a loud sound whenever I on AC. If AC is off it runs silent and normal but the moment I on AC the fan will start running at a higher speed and keep on like that continuously and you can pick up the sound of the fan from some meters away and even in the cabin as you drive. And the AC is working perfect and chilling but the sound is making me not enjoy my AC in peace��
I was told is a common problem with that model and year but no one seems to know the solution among those I have come across.
Please any suggestion on how to go about solving this issue is welcome. God bless you all. �

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 9:36am On Apr 04, 2020
rozey247:
Please I need help and advice from the experience users and experts here concerning my C240 2003/2004 model.
The cooling fan is always running on high speed and making a loud sound whenever I on AC. If AC is off it runs silent and normal but the moment I on AC the fan will start running at a higher speed and keep on like that continuously and you can pick up the sound of the fan from some meters away and even in the cabin as you drive. And the AC is working perfect and chilling but the sound is making me not enjoy my AC in peace��
I was told is a common problem with that model and year but no one seems to know the solution among those I have come across.
Please any suggestion on how to go about solving this issue is welcome. God bless you all. �

Good morning bro, the blower motor making noise is nothing new to w211s and w203s, as for the fans they are indeed very loud. From your write-up, I am happy at least that your kazeem has not disconnected the "water switch" (coolant temperature sensor) from the coolant housing next to the thermostat, this is their first line of defense attack whenever anything fan related comes up, I will advise that you put that H/K Sound system to good use, or be prepared to change one of two things (the blower motor or the regulator). Those two things don't last forever, but as long as you can stomach the small inconvenience they'll soldier on. Don't let anyone fool you into parting with 30-35k for a fan, yours is working as designed.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 10:33am On Apr 04, 2020
rozey247:
Is the AC factory fitted or you have changed a component?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by rozey247(m): 10:49am On Apr 04, 2020
Eddee:

Good morning bro, the blower motor making noise is nothing new to w211s and w203s, as for the fans they are indeed very loud. From your write-up, I am happy at least that your kazeem has not disconnected the "water switch" (coolant temperature sensor) from the coolant housing next to the thermostat, this is their first line of defense attack whenever anything fan related comes up, I will advise that you put that H/K Sound system to good use, or be prepared to change one of two things (the blower motor or the regulator). Those two things don't last forever, but as long as you can stomach the small inconvenience they'll soldier on. Don't let anyone fool you into parting with 30-35k for a fan, yours is working as designed.
Thanks for your response sir. I am always careful with our mechanics( the kazeems.lol) the reason why I have never bothered to take it to them first before understand the problem myself.
I read somewhere the problem is connected to coolant temperature sensor, the fan regulator as you suggested or ECU of the engine. I don't want to attempt to fix it until I become sure it will work. I don't want to waste my hard earned money as you advice. I think I will have to just get used to it like that. Though I was having that fear the fan may wear and spoil if I keep using it like that.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by rozey247(m): 10:50am On Apr 04, 2020
searchng4love:

Is the AC factory fitted or you have changed a component?
Its factory fitted sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.