Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (970143 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 7:50am On May 07, 2020
dannybrasky:

Baba,maintaining peace with social distancing @ the same time.

Was the benz lucky enough to start? The one you talked about getting a battery for ( was actually following up) cheesy

My love for old benz,will get myself a very clean w123 someday to play around with if God permits me .

Amen!

Car didn't start, will try again with a mechanic the next time I go downtown.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 12:21pm On May 07, 2020
Eddee:

Amen!

Car didn't start, will try again with a mechanic the next time I go downtown.
You couldn't start a mere carburettor Benz?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 12:31pm On May 07, 2020
Praxtech:

You couldn't start a mere carburettor Benz?

I can't, vehicle repairs are not my forte! Quick question can you use Quickbooks or SAGE?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 12:37pm On May 07, 2020
Eddee:

I can't, vehicle repairs are not my forte! Quick question can you use Quickbooks or SAGE?
Not an accountant. Quick one can you thrive on SPSS Stata or MATLAB?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 12:43pm On May 07, 2020
Praxtech:

Not an accountant. Quick one can you thrive on SPSS Stata or MATLAB?

SPSS Yes, don't forget I finished from management sciences. MATLAB No!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 12:45pm On May 07, 2020
Eddee:

SPSS Yes, don't forget I finished from management sciences. MATLAB No!
Stata. Anyways I was hoping you'd be able to kick that car back to life.... probably post a video
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 3:24pm On May 08, 2020
9icetoo:

Kindly explain what you mean.
1.is it that when the EOD gets to speeds above 120km/hr, the manufacturers stated mass of the vehicle defies laws of physics and changes ?
2. Are you talking about steering feedback?
3. Are you talking about vehicle traction?
4. Are you talking about oversteer or understeer?
5. Are you talking about the inability of the EOD to generate enough down force to give its tires more traction?
6. How many g's does the EOD pull during a slalom test?

You do realise the EOD has a higher ground clearance and driver position than the c class of the same year?
Ever seen a go-cart with the driver literally millimeters off the ground?
Do you think any sedan will ever feel as planted to the ground as a go-cart?
You do realise a go cart is about ten times lighter than a sedan and will take corners in ways no sedan can?

You sound like me when I was 6 years old.

By the time, you are done answering me all these, maybe you'd know better.

Bros all these grammar us uncalled for... I told you that u drove EOD and it was light as a paper you still dey blow big English

It is my experience not yours .... Why drink Panadol for my own headache

Nawa for ndi madu seff

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 3:48pm On May 08, 2020
Please where can one get these in Lagos ?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 4:22pm On May 08, 2020
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by rexlims(m): 8:48pm On May 08, 2020
Midoda:

Absolutely nothing.Gives you mild power and great economy.Lemme see the engine if its an M111 or M271 before i go further.

I am assuming you have the pix already.
took delivery today 8/5/2020. Sending u pics

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 8:51pm On May 08, 2020
rexlims:
took delivery today 8/5/2020. Sending u pics
Beautiful wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:57pm On May 08, 2020
dannybrasky:

Beautiful wink

Come dash me CLS550, Danny.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by rexlims(m): 8:58pm On May 08, 2020
dannybrasky:

Beautiful wink
thanks. Hoping to get more reviews about this car.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 9:05pm On May 08, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Come dash me CLS550, Danny.

cheesy Boss mi,the impossible can be possible,why not?

Location sire!
Cls550 issa beautiful lady baba mi.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:23pm On May 08, 2020
dannybrasky:

cheesy Boss mi,the impossible can be possible,why not?

Location sire!
Cls550 issa beautiful lady baba mi.

It's dash o. cheesy
Before you will come and send me invoice.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 9:39pm On May 08, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

It's dash o. cheesy
Before you will come and send me invoice.

Eddee got this covered boss,he just called me for account details,as soon as the benjamin drops,car would be delivered!

Eddee no back out o grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:51pm On May 08, 2020
dannybrasky:

Eddee got this covered boss,he just called me for account details,as soon as the benjamin drops,car would be delivered!

Eddee no back out o grin

I dey believe Eddee die. I know say he no go disappoint me. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 10:05pm On May 08, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Bros all these grammar us uncalled for... I told you that u drove EOD and it was light as a paper you still dey blow big English

It is my experience not yours .... Why drink Panadol for my own headache

Nawa for ndi madu seff
I just pray that exaggeration won't land you in a big trouble someday. Haba! You made this thing sound like a 100-120km/hr is the take-off speed for those cars. The 2003 camry, 2005 Accord and 2005 Avalon, I have pushed those cars to 200km/hr on my favorite section of the Abuja-Lokoja expressway on several occasions but they didn't fly off like a paper as you pointed out. Makes me wonder what type of honder you drove. Have you ever done 180km/hr in your benzedes and it didn't feel lighted than cruising speeds? We all know a German car is a little planted than the japs at speeds and that's why they are a whole lot heavier but stop making it look like it's the end of the world.
@ heavenlybang, you used a Lexus before your current and I am sure you've pushed above 150km/hr before. Did your speedo start reading knots?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 10:10pm On May 08, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Na sure banker wey no dey ever bankrupt cheesy

Boss how is your G35 ?
Trying really hard to convince a customer who has been fed with many stories about its fragile transmission. He is so in love with its response, speed and how well it handles.

Na transmission just dey fear am.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:16pm On May 08, 2020
dannybrasky:

Na sure banker wey no dey ever bankrupt cheesy

Boss how is your G35 ?
Trying really hard to convince a customer who has been fed with many stories about its fragile transmission. He is so in love with its response, speed and how well it handles.

Na transmission just dey fear am.

Wait, where do people hear that these cars have bad transmissions. I saw someone else saying it on here too the other day. Are they assuming it uses the same transmission as the Murano?

The 5-speed and 7-speeds are rock solid. Same with the engines. That combo is just as solid as the old M112 + 722.6 duo. Honestly, the powertrain is the best part of these cars.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 10:17pm On May 08, 2020
banky3w:

I just pray that exaggeration won't land you in a big trouble someday. Haba! You made this thing sound like a 100-120km/hr is the take-off speed for those cars. The 2003 camry, 2005 Accord and 2005 Avalon, I have pushed those cars to 200km/hr on my favorite section of the Abuja-Lokoja expressway on several occasions but they didn't fly off like a paper as you pointed out. Makes me wonder what type of honder you drove. Have you ever done 180km/hr in your benzedes and it didn't feel lighted than cruising speeds? We all know a German car is a little planted than the japs at speeds and that's why they are a whole lot heavier but stop making it look like it's the end of the world.
@ heavenlybang, you used a Lexus before your current and I am sure you've pushed above 150km/hr before. Did your speedo start reading knots?

May be he drove an accidented one with bent chassis, bad wheel or so!

Lokoja/ Abuja road! One of the good roads to put your ride to the test when it comes to speed. I just love it.

Note Aside from those yeye gully sections spoilt by heavy duty trucks or trailers,many lifes lost to that bad place before Abaji.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:19pm On May 08, 2020
banky3w:

Lol, it didn't fly off, but my current car feels more grounded. I'm not saying that an Accord would fly off at high speeds, but there are quite obviously levels to the stability game. Even the Benz gan won't feel as stable as a Lamborghini. That's just the way it is.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 10:29pm On May 08, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Wait, where do people hear that these cars have bad transmissions. I saw someone else saying it on here too the other day. Are they assuming it uses the same transmission as the Murano?

The 5-speed and 7-speeds are rock solid. Same with the engines. That combo is just as solid as the old M112 + 722.6 duo. Honestly, the powertrain is the best part of these cars.

We both reached an agreement with the engine being bulletproof,he wasn't just too convinced with the transmission. May be kazeem's has shown him the ABRO experience grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 11:23pm On May 08, 2020
banky3w:

Bros ...see me see wahala...na my experience..abi make I tell you say the handling of EOD is like that of a C Class....my experience driving EOD wasn't the same with Benz

It is my experience Oga ...no dey piss for your pants...

It was like a flying carpet...mind you I started driving cars with Japanese...

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 11:27pm On May 08, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, it didn't fly off, but my current car feels more grounded. I'm not saying that an Accord would fly off at high speeds, but there are quite obviously levels to the stability game. Even the Benz gan won't feel as stable as a Lamborghini. That's just the way it is.

My brother tell am oooo maybe he thinks that EOD is grounded car on high speed maybe he would say it corners better than C Class or BMW 3 series ....

There are things worth arguing...not this

Maybe tomorrow I would be arguing that C class corners better than Bugatti Veyron

People seff no dey know he level their cars are ..na why Dem dey die for highway ... Tomorrow he would want to face AMG C Class with EOD... That would be suicidal !

Na so you go see them for express way using EOD racing C35 AMG... Na die be that

Abeg tell am oooo

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 12:00am On May 09, 2020
dannybrasky:

Eddee no back out o grin

Big man who I be?

HeavenlyBang:

Odogwu new money like you where hold am stand come join dey mock me where dey penny pinch to keep body and soul together.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 2:17am On May 09, 2020
banky3w:

You can do 200km/h on the cars you mentioned...but while on it, have you bothered to think what will happen if you need to break or steer suddenly to avoid potholes, animals, people or another vehicle?
No one is saying your vehicle will lift off the ground and take off like a jet but you will indeed lose steering control and stability.

Another way to test how well your car is grounded is to park beside the highway, a road where vehicles are doing average speed of like 120km.
Stay inside the car, you will observe that Ur car will bounce when a vehicle drives past you.
How your car bounces when a car or truck drives past where you are parked will tell you how grounded your car is..I've done this with different cars/SUVs and the results are not the same.
I invented this test myself wink....give it a try and tell us Ur experience. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:25am On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

Odogwu new money like you where hold am stand come join dey mock me where dey penny pinch to keep body and soul together.

You wan start. angry
No fall my hand na, I don dey happy say you go run am for boys. cry
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 7:06am On May 09, 2020
shortgun:

You can do 200km/h on the cars you mentioned...but while on it, have you bothered to think what will happen if you need to break or steer suddenly to avoid potholes, animals, people or another vehicle?
No one is saying your vehicle will lift off the ground and take off like a jet but you will indeed lose steering control and stability.

Another way to test how well your car is grounded is to park beside the highway, a road where vehicles are doing average speed of like 120km.
Stay inside the car, you will observe that Ur car will bounce when a vehicle drives past you.
How your car bounces when a car or truck drives past where you are parked will tell you how grounded your car is..I've done this with different cars/SUVs and the results are not the same.
I invented this test myself wink....give it a try and tell us Ur experience. cheesy

Awesome....this is amazing experience
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor260: 7:54am On May 09, 2020
[s]
shortgun:

I invented this test myself ....give it a try and tell us Ur experience.
[/s]
Small boy. wink

Your common sense did not tell you that a featherweight Lamborghini or Supra will fail the so-called test compared to a very much heavier lorry or truck. Does it mean the lorry has more balance than the sports car?

You are not more than 17 years old. Stop plastering your immaturity everywhere. angry

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 8:00am On May 09, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Bros ...see me see wahala...na my experience..abi make I tell you say the handling of EOD is like that of a C Class....my experience driving EOD wasn't the same with Benz

It is my experience Oga ...no dey piss for your pants...

It was like a flying carpet...mind you I started driving cars with Japanese...
I know you can't reply/disagree without being uncouth. Enjoy your experience. wink

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 8:09am On May 09, 2020
shortgun:

Why am I here typing and not 6ft under if I indeed lose steering control? I understand your point but in you guys quest to emphasize your points, you exaggerate too much and una lies don dey become the truth. I know those japs are way lighter on speeds unlike the germans. Do tell me that the benzedes does not feel light too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.