Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967287 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 8:28am On May 09, 2020
banky3w:

I know you can't reply/disagree without being uncouth. Enjoy your experience. wink

What is uncouth about my response. I made a position on my experience and handling of EOD you came with epistle...if I was uncouth can you point it out bro...I am sorry if I was

But the truth is that ..one of the major reasons that drivers die in accident is not knowing the limitations of their cars... It is like racing Honda EOD with C35 AMG or BMW 3 SERIES I bro don't so that...it is like singing ones Requiem or dirge...please don't do that.

It is like me trying me trying to use ML 4MATIC to race a McLaren Benz or CLK that is grounded with low clearance ...In a sharp bend.. that also would be suicidal.

My dear Honda cars aren't designed for performance but for utility (transportation from point A to B) please don't race BMW, Benz , Fiat even posche or Saab...these are performance cars !

We must always know limitations of our cars to avoid stories that touch later or had I known position

If I was uncouth, I no see where I was , but no vez

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:35am On May 09, 2020
AmuDimpka:

BMW, Benz , Fiat even posche or Saab...these are performance cars !

Fiat, Saab. Performance brands? Wot. Are you just calling obscure brands you think no one knows about?

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 9:22am On May 09, 2020
conductor260:
[s][/s]
Small boy. wink

Your common sense did not tell you that a featherweight Lamborghini or Supra will fail the so-called test compared to a very much heavier lorry or truck. Does it mean the lorry has more balance than the sports car?

You are not more than 17 years old. Stop plastering your immaturity everywhere. angry
grin grin grin grin grin
Go and learn proper automobile terms b4 u quote me to insult Ur ancestors.
Balance ko, Balance sheet ni angry

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drakeskull(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Fiat, Saab. Performance brands? Wot. Are you just calling obscure brands you think no one knows about?

Buhahaha...Fiat and Saab grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 10:11am On May 09, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Bros all these grammar us uncalled for... I told you that u drove EOD and it was light as a paper you still dey blow big English

It is my experience not yours .... Why drink Panadol for my own headache

Nawa for ndi madu seff
Camry big for nothing. 185 km/hr, did not fly off.
Skoda Octavia, 170km/hr. Did not fly off
Corolla 04, 180km/hr, did not fly off.
Kia cerrato, 160km/hr. Did not fly off
Acura mdx, 180 km/hr. Did not fly off.
Boeing 747, flew off. grin
U get the drift?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

grin. That guy is a beer parlour chairman. grin

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2020
AmuDimpka:

What is uncouth about my response. I made a position on my experience and handling of EOD you came with epistle...if I was uncouth can you point it out bro...I am sorry if I was

But the truth is that ..one of the major reasons that drivers die in accident is not knowing the limitations of their cars... It is like racing Honda EOD with C35 AMG or BMW 3 SERIES I bro don't so that...it is like singing ones Requiem or dirge...please don't do that.

It is like me trying me trying to use ML 4MATIC to race a McLaren Benz or CLK that is grounded with low clearance ...In a sharp bend.. that also would be suicidal.

My dear Honda cars aren't designed for performance but for utility (transportation from point A to B) please don't race BMW, Benz , Fiat even posche or Saab...these are performance cars !

We must always know limitations of our cars to avoid stories that touch later or had I known position

EOD v6 will eat your 318 or 320 for breakfast. Don't play with that car. You drove a shitty eod, period.
And since you have refused to learn, wallow in your ignorance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 10:29am On May 09, 2020
shortgun:

You can do 200km/h on the cars you mentioned...but while on it, have you bothered to think what will happen if you need to break or steer suddenly to avoid potholes, animals, people or another vehicle?
No one is saying your vehicle will lift off the ground and take off like a jet but you will indeed lose steering control and stability.

Another way to test how well your car is grounded is to park beside the highway, a road where vehicles are doing average speed of like 120km.
Stay inside the car, you will observe that Ur car will bounce when a vehicle drives past you.
How your car bounces when a car or truck drives past where you are parked will tell you how grounded your car is..I've done this with different cars/SUVs and the results are not the same.
I invented this test myself wink....give it a try and tell us Ur experience. cheesy
It is called suspension tuning and setup. It doesn't change the weight of a car at speeds. It does affect how it corners.
Corners are not to be taken at excessive speeds. Every vehicle has its limits based o. It's design.
But for pure straight line speed, feeling planted doesn't mean shit. Dragsters are the worst handling cars in the world, but they will obliterate any car in a straightline dash and they feel planted.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 11:21am On May 09, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Merci. Bon voyage.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 11:45am On May 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You wan start. angry
No fall my hand na, I don dey happy say you go run am for boys. cry

Baba abeg make we leave this talk, that motor fine sha. Create gofundme I go contribute my widow's mite.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:52am On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

Baba abeg make we leave this talk, that motor fine sha. Create gofundme I go contribute my widow's mite.

I fell in love the day one parked beside me. Such a great car. Timeless design, 400 HP+, 4.5s to 60mph, wtf. Toss out that air suspension and it's literally the perfect car.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 11:57am On May 09, 2020
9icetoo:

Camry big for nothing. 185 km/hr, did not fly off.
Skoda Octavia, 170km/hr. Did not fly off
Corolla 04, 180km/hr, did not fly off.
Kia cerrato, 160km/hr. Did not fly off
Acura mdx, 180 km/hr. Did not fly off.
Boeing 747, flew off. grin
U get the drift?

I have receipts for flooring an 09 Corolla. Didn't feel very light, just surprised RPM was at 6k for only 180 grin - it braked just fine and I used common sense to brake in and accelerate out of corners.

Even my former w211 4matic at 180kph on unstable Nigerian roads will still dance. I just think it's a confidence thing. I drive at speeds of above 160km regularly on my charger and it corners more awfully than a Corolla at the same speed, so na common sense I dey use.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 11:58am On May 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I fell in love the day one parked beside me. Such a great car. Timeless design, 400 HP+, 4.5s to 60mph, wtf. Toss out that air suspension and it's literally the perfect car.

I have the replacement parts for normal coil overs. Same as the w211 yeah?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:01pm On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

I have receipts for flooring an 09 Corolla. Didn't feel very light, just surprised RPM was at 6k for only 180 grin - it braked just fine and I used common sense to brake in and accelerate out of corners.

Even my former w211 4matic at 180kph on unstable Nigerian roads will still dance. I just think it's a confidence thing. I drive at speeds of above 160km regularly on my charger and it corners more awfully than a Corolla at the same speed, so na common sense I dey use.

I think it has to do with the suspension setup, honestly. Like I said, NVH and build quality is also important.

A bad suspension setup will bounce more, and you'll start hearing sounds. Luxury cars usually have better NVH too, so less road noise and vibrations. Build quality also influence cabin rattles.

When you're going at speed and your car starts bouncing due to suspension issues, plus you start hearing a cacophony of noises, it definitely reduces confidence.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:02pm On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

I have the replacement parts for normal coil overs. Same as the w211 yeah?

W212, I believe.

I also just learnt that the W212 Coupe is actually a W204. Wtf.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 12:06pm On May 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I think it has to do with the suspension setup, honestly. Like I said, NVH and build quality is also important.

A bad suspension setup will bounce more, and you'll start hearing sounds. Luxury cars usually have better NVH too, so less road noise and vibrations. Build quality also influence cabin rattles.

When you're going at speed and your car starts bouncing due to suspension issues, plus you start hearing a cacophony of noises, it definitely reduces confidence.

People go just carry motor with worn tyres and a clunky front-end suspension dey race for Nigerian roads. God forbid
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 12:21pm On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

No fall hand man mi wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 1:20pm On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

Simple.
I guess the charger has more body roll than the corolla or the big engine affects the weight distribution.
Simple things yet people make it look so complicated.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 1:37pm On May 09, 2020
dannybrasky:

No fall hand man mi wink

Big bros abeg no do me dis kind strong thing. You know say pepper no gree rest since this Chinese virus start.

9icetoo:

Simple.
I guess the charger has more body roll than the corolla or the big engine affects the weight distribution.
Simple things yet people make it look so complicated .

Baba I tire o. Like HeavenlyBang rightly pointed out, most persons on here drive rickety Japs at high speeds and expect stability and balance from worn-out suspension systems.

The average German car doesn't tolerate abuse and is likely to be in better shape maintenance-wise than a comparable Jap. The Japs can just about soldier on until they can't, and then they go on some more. The threshold for abuse is very low for a German car and this is a blessing in disguise, because it will mostly likely be in better shape during any face-off on our God forsaken death traps called roads.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:44pm On May 09, 2020
banky3w:

Merci. Bon voyage.

C'nest pas problem

Gracias amigo
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:46pm On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

Big bros abeg no do me dis kind strong thing. You know say pepper no gree rest since this Chinese virus start.

Baba I tire o. Like HeavenlyBang rightly pointed out, most persons on here drive rickety Japs at high speeds and expect stability and balance from worn-out suspension systems.

The average German car doesn't tolerate abuse and is likely to be in better shape maintenance-wise than a comparable Jap. The Japs can just about soldier on until they can't, and then they go on some more. The threshold for abuse is very low for a German car and this is a blessing in disguise, because it will mostly likely be in better shape during any face-off on our God forsaken death traps called roads.

I like that narrative ....it is another perspective
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:48pm On May 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Trust me ...you are one funny dude here...I line the way you make your presentation!

LoL.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:53pm On May 09, 2020
9icetoo:

EOD v6 will eat your 318 or 320 for breakfast. Don't play with that car. You drove a shitty eod, period.
And since you have refused to learn, wallow in your ignorance.

Bros when you bring V6 EOD and bring V6 Benz or BMW...trust me they aren't match ....Honda build utility cars not cars for speed or cornering ...

Please don't see C35 AMG or Brabus and start competing with them with your HONDA EOD

NA BEG I DEY BEG OOOOO

Most C class just like other Benz are 4matic and have what is called ESP...electronic stability programs...with other brake assists apart from ABT, thy have ETS (Electronic traction system) it comes as standard in Benz from 2002 the the BAS amd finally ABS ..Bros that your Honda EOD no get these features and racing a Benz especially on a slippery roads is suicidal

Abeg , biko ...I beg you no try it

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Fentanyl: 2:07pm On May 09, 2020
[s]
AmuDimpka:

Bros when you bring V6 EOD and bring V6 Benz or BMW...trust me they aren't match ....Honda build utility cars not cars for speed or cornering ...

Please don't see C35 AMG or Brabus and start competing with them with your HONDA EOD

NA BEG I DEY BEG OOOOO

Most C class just like other Benz are 4matic and have what is called ESP...electronic stability programs...with other brake assists apart from ABT, thy have ETS (Electronic traction system) it comes as standard in Benz from 2002

[/s]

beer parlour gist

take some more bottles

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:26pm On May 09, 2020
Fentanyl:

beer parlour gist

take some more bottles

You can call it bear parlors gist but an average Benz from 2002 has

ETS
BAS
ESP
4Matic system
ABS

And so many more ..please that your EOD how many of these features ...and tomorrow you want to race with Benz ...advanced safety car...please , know the limitations of your car....and know what it can do....I advise you bro...so that you can live long

Don't ever race a C class or an E Class be it regular , AMG or Brabus Benz...never ever try it.... Honda is an utility car not designed with top features please

That's why the honda parts are cheap
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:36pm On May 09, 2020
AmuDimpka:

You can call it bear parlors gist but an average Benz from 2002 has

ETS
BAS
ESP
4Matic system
ABS

And so many more ..please that your EOD how many of these features ...and tomorrow you want to race with Benz ...advanced safety car...please , know the limitations of your car....and know what it can do....I advise you bro...so that you can live long

Don't ever race a C class or an E Class be it regular , AMG or Brabus Benz...never ever try it.... Honda is an utility car not designed with top features please

That's why the honda parts are cheap

Bros, rest.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:36pm On May 09, 2020
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zane2point4(m): 2:46pm On May 09, 2020
AmuDimpka:

NA BEG I DEY BEG OOOOO

Most C class just like other Benz are 4matic and have what is called ESP...electronic stability programs...with other brake assists apart from ABT, thy have ETS (Electronic traction system) it comes as standard in Benz from 2002 the the BAS amd finally ABS ..Bros that your Honda EOD no get these features and racing a Benz especially on a slippery roads is suicidal

Hahahahahah ,and haven't you had of VSC??
Your outrageous love for benz is making you think other cars are trash,isnt it?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 2:50pm On May 09, 2020
9icetoo:

It is called suspension tuning and setup. It doesn't change the weight of a car at speeds. It does affect how it corners.
Corners are not to be taken at excessive speeds. Every vehicle has its limits based o. It's design.
But for pure straight line speed, feeling planted doesn't mean shit. Dragsters are the worst handling cars in the world, but they will obliterate any car in a straightline dash and they feel planted.
Suspension,struts, ground clearance, body design, center of mass, aerodynamics e.t.c
They are all important determinants of how a vehicle handles in high speeds.
Especially breaking and cornering.
I believe you have seen accident scenes where vehicles involved veer off the road and end up in a valley, river or heaven grin grin
Do you think it was the drivers intentions to steer into valleys or a river.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:53pm On May 09, 2020
Zane2point4:

Hahahahahah ,and haven't you had of VSC??
Your outrageous love for benz is making you think other cars are trash,isnt it?

Go back and read again...I am talking about Honda...you still bring this your Toyota come with V something
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:57pm On May 09, 2020
shortgun:

Suspension,struts, ground clearance, body design, center of mass, aerodynamics e.t.c
They are all important determinants of how a vehicle handles in high speeds.
Especially breaking and cornering.
I believe you have seen accident scenes where vehicles involved veer off the road and end up in a valley, river or heaven grin grin
Do you think it was the drivers intentions to steer into valleys or a river.

Do you know what lift-off oversteer is?

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.