Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (966877 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Please show me where I ever said "ML Class". Show me, I'm waiting.

It's the M Class, and the car model is the ML. I don't even get the point you're trying to make. Did anyone say otherwise in the first place?
Oga you said ML to GLE.
Should have been M to GLE sir.
M class exists, GLE class exists.
ML class doesn't.
You get the point now wink

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:42am On Jun 11, 2020
shortgun:

Oga you said ML to GLE.
Should have been M to GLE sir.
M class exists, GLE class exists.
ML class doesn't.
You get the point now wink

You're not making any sense, seeing as the car is called the ML. The Class name is an entirely different matter, I never referred to it as the ML Class.

Abi do you see M350 here?

The Mercedes ML was renamed to the Mercedes GLE. How is that debatable?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 10:06am On Jun 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You're not making any sense, seeing as the car is called the ML. The Class name is an entirely different matter, I never referred to it as the ML Class.

Abi do you see M350 here?

The Mercedes ML was renamed to the Mercedes GLE. How is that debatable?
Am surprised you are saying this and said am not making sense?
There's no Mercedes Benz vehicle that's called ML.
You can't use ML to identify any generation of Mercedes vehicles.
You only use ML when you are referring to a particular Mercedes SUV and you must use the ML with an accompanying number to identify the vehicle e.g (ML320)
You can't just say ML, cos it doesn't exist.
Accept your mistake let's move on, Nobody is above error...not even you. cool

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:19am On Jun 11, 2020
shortgun:

Am surprised you are saying this and said am not making sense?
There's no Mercedes Benz vehicle that's called ML.
You can't use ML to identify any generation of Mercedes vehicles.
You only use ML when you are referring to a particular Mercedes SUV and you must use the ML with an accompanying number to identify the vehicle e.g (ML320)
You can't just say ML, cos it doesn't exist.
Accept your mistake let's move on, Nobody is above error...not even you. cool

I'm obviously imagining this.

Looks like you can't differentiate between model names and internal class designations.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I'm obviously imagining this.

Looks like you can't differentiate between model names and internal class designations.
The vehicle in the picture you posted is badged ML350, it belongs to the M class category.
It is Not ML neither of ML class category cos non of them exists.
There is no Mercedes Benz SUV called ML and no Mercedes Benz class called ML class.
You should never use ML alone to describe any Benz vehicle or any Benz class category.

Don't let a vehicle badge confuse you.
The highlander is badged Highlander in America

and elsewhere but called Kluger in Japan and Australia.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
shortgun:

The vehicle in the picture you posted is badged ML350, it belongs to the M class category.
It is Not ML neither of ML class category cos non of them exists.
There is no Mercedes Benz SUV called ML and no Mercedes Benz class called ML class.
You should never use ML alone to describe any Benz vehicle or any Benz class category.

Don't let a vehicle badge confuse you.
The highlander is badged Highlander in America

and elsewhere but called Kluger in Japan and Australia.

That's nice.
This is an official Mercedes product sheet.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Alfred74: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That's nice.
grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 1:28pm On Jun 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That's nice.
So you are saying there's M class and there's also ML class grin grin
Or only ML class cheesy
I don't know where you got that from but it's wrong.
ML class doesn't exist.
You don't just want to agree that you can ever be wrong abi.
I see.......
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
People really dey this life. Goan argue with Mercedes na, is it me that made that document?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gabapentin: 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That's nice.

godinheavenhelphimoooooooooooo

you just keep hitting this guy from all angles

this is like watching Muhammad Ali pummel Kevin Hart

all I have to say is:

ALI!! BOMAYE!!

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Alfred74: 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
Gabapentin:

godinheavenhelphimoooooooooooo

you just keep hitting this guy from all angles

this is like watching Muhammad Ali pummel Kevin Hart

all I have to say is:

ALI!! BOMAYE!!
Be laughing since,no be small pummelling grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
People really dey this life. Goan argue with Mercedes na, is it me that made that document?
Let me attend to work now...I will tell you later why you may find ML class in Benz website like u said.
It's all about marketing..
I stand on my previous comments "ML class" doesn't exist, only M class.
The picture of the ML350 you posted initially should ideally be badged M350...but Benz can't use M350 cos BMW objected to it because they have a similar badge system, this is why the M class SUVs carry the ML badge.
This in no way makes the M class an "ML class"
I don't post here for likes or to win an argument.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
shortgun:

Let me attend to work now...I will tell you later why you may find ML class in Benz website like u said.
The picture of the ML350 you posted initially should ideally be badged M350...but Benz can't use M350 cos BMW objected to it because they have a similar badge system, this is why the M class SUV carry the ML badge.

You're correct. Very correct. Mercedes-Benz is wrong.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Niseed(m): 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
But the M class IS/WAS the ML before the new nomenclature. Why are you trying so hard to look for an argument when theres none?

In the MB line up we had the A, B, C, E, S, CL, CLA,CLK,G, GL etc

I can see that you're trying to argue that the ML should be simply M but then one could also say the GL should have simply been G also.

With all the M - class models you've seen over the years (1998-2013) how many were badged M320, M350,M500,M430, M270, M55 ?

shortgun:

So you are saying there's M class and there's also ML class grin grin
Or only ML class cheesy
I don't know where you got that from but it's wrong.
ML class doesn't exist.
You don't just want to agree that you can ever be wrong abi.
I see.......
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Niseed(m): 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2020
Niseed:
But the M class IS/WAS the ML before the new nomenclature. Why are you trying so hard to look for an argument when theres none?

I can see that you're trying to argue that the ML should be simply M but then one could also say the GL should have simply been G also.

With all the M - class models you've seen over the years (1998-2013) how many were badged M320, M350,M500,M430, M270, M55 ?

Could it be that you once saw an ML that the L had fallen off and assumed all were badged M320,350?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
Niseed:

shortgun post=90553126:

The picture of the ML350 you posted initially should ideally be badged M350...but Benz can't use M350 cos BMW objected to it because they have a similar badge system, this is why the M class SUVs carry the ML badge.

Read
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
Niseed:

You get time.

I understand his argument: That it's the M Class, and the vehicles are badged ML due to peculiar reasons.

I actually agree with him. And that's the problem here: no one here actually called it the ML Class initially. In fact, he's the first person here to mention "ML Class". He's just looking for something to hold on to so it looks like he's not completely wrong.

That's particularly hilarious, seeing as even the fact that it's the M Class isn't set in stone, like the document I shared showed. Just a completely pointless argument he's trying to force.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ksmart027(m): 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You're correct. Very correct. Mercedes-Benz is wrong.

bros you wicked oo. grin[quote author=HeavenlyBang post=90553313]

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ChineduObinna(m): 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2020
Uptimustahoe:
Pls how can I get a Mercedes Benz 230e I want to but that car I mean d old model not vboot just d flat boot I need answers

My dad owns one, recently revamped it sef, the car's in a nice condition.

Holla if you still searching for one
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Niseed(m): 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ok sorry! It's meant to be M350

shortgun:

Read

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

If you actually knew what the hell you were saying, you would, for one, know that there was no GLE in 2010. There was an ML. The car they're talking about is the GL450. You'd also know that the QX56 could come in either RWD or AWD.

You'd then also know that torque is a lot more important than horsepower, especially in a vehicle of that weight. That's why big trucks come with diesels.

If you knew what you were saying, you'd know that the QX56 was a proper body-on-frame vehicle, and was a brother to proper off-roaders like the Nissan Titan, Nissan Armada, Nissan Frontier, and Nissan Xterra. Cars that can lay claim to conquering the backroads of the Middle East.

The Mercedes GL, on the other, was a unibody vehicle based on the ML. Attempting to pass it off as the superior off-road vehicle is completely laughable. Feel free to educate yourself on the differences between body-on-frame and unibody construction.

You just don't know what the hell you're saying, though, so I guess you can almost be forgiven. Spec sheet warrior. Anybody can run to Google to parrot numbers, but don't attempt to talk about things you know nothing of.

I wonder why I even bother replying you anymore. Never have I seen an individual so confident in their total lack of knowledge, nuance, and in certain situations, simple logical computing abilities. It's the eight wonder of the world, really.

You need to take water now.

You just reminded me of Sam Loco Efe in the movie "money yab" man.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
Philadelphia:

You need to take water now.

You just reminded me of Sam Loco Efe in the movie "money yab" man.

grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
BamBamK:
egungun, be careful ooo... u just carry this thread enter express again

Dangote truck don jam am grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by asamwababy: 9:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
Heavenly bang you get time.

Mercedes clearly messed up by naming that line M class without taking into consideration BMW had the M line already.

If they factored the above, Merc would have stuck to the ML class and not trying to act funny by saying the ML was under the M class umbrella.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nuwell(m): 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
dannybrasky:

2010 is far better,but to get a 2010 you will have to up your budget.

Why is the 2010 better?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ojeysky(m): 3:25am On Jun 12, 2020
Conductor261:

He asked for a W202. Not a freaking W203 whose trims fall apart at the next porthole

Okay and w202 survived in such porthole, clap for yourself, you try well well.....I guess your goal here is a "talk them down approach".
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Conductor261: 7:39am On Jun 12, 2020
ojeysky:

Okay and w202 survived in such porthole, clap for yourself, you try well well.....I guess your goal here is a "talk them down approach".

How can you compare the w202 to the w203?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Conductor261: 7:40am On Jun 12, 2020
asamwababy:
Heavenly bang you get time.

Mercedes clearly messed up by naming that line M class without taking into consideration BMW had the M line already.

If they factored the above, Merc would have stuck to the ML class and not trying to act funny by saying the ML was under the M class umbrella.

So you still post. With your numerous monikers
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:18am On Jun 12, 2020
Lmfao.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ojeysky(m): 8:48am On Jun 12, 2020
Conductor261:

How can you compare the w202 to the w203?

Am not comparing am basically talking about your once hit porthole declaration. A c230 that enter porthole and breakdown down is a scenario that can happen to any other Benz as well.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by asamwababy: 9:11am On Jun 12, 2020
Conductor261:

So you still post. With your numerous monikers

Just for you my conductor grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.