Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,411 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (974670 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jazzlite: 9:25am On Jun 12, 2020
asamwababy:

Just for you my conductor grin
How do you manage to ignore so many mentions of your moniker
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2020
Jazzlite:

How do you manage to ignore so many mentions of your moniker

Because those two monikers are the same person. Conductor and this one.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jazzlite: 9:31am On Jun 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Excuse me?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2020
nuwell:

Why is the 2010 better?
There is a common situation when a new generation of cars are being produced. After one or 2 problems are being discovered by end users from the first batch of a new generation, car company's are wise enough to make corrections when producing another batch/ different year of the same generation.

I.e The 2008/ 2009 c300 are synonymous with IES / STEERING LOCK failure,which has been corrected from the 2010 and above.

2007 ,2008,2009 Camry's where recalled by Toyota due to brake and acceleration problems,which were corrected from the 2010 and 2011.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by foolbuster: 10:12am On Jun 12, 2020
shortgun:

Let me attend to work now...I will tell you later why you may find ML class in Benz website like u said.
It's all about marketing..
I stand on my previous comments "ML class" doesn't exist, only M class.
The picture of the ML350 you posted initially should ideally be badged M350...but Benz can't use M350 cos BMW objected to it because they have a similar badge system, this is why the M class SUVs carry the ML badge.
This in no way makes the M class an "ML class"
I don't post here for likes or to win an argument.

Wee you keep kwayet!!

Will you die if you admit you were wrong? Na waooo
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 10:17am On Jun 12, 2020
oride:

Bros, they are unreliable. Luxurious but unreliable.

So rolls Royce and Bentley with Aston Martins are unreliable? Have you owned these cars and if yes, for how long

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 10:20am On Jun 12, 2020
shortgun:

Let me attend to work now...I will tell you later why you may find ML class in Benz website like u said.
It's all about marketing..
I stand on my previous comments "ML class" doesn't exist, only M class.
The picture of the ML350 you posted initially should ideally be badged M350...but Benz can't use M350 cos BMW objected to it because they have a similar badge system, this is why the M class SUVs carry the ML badge.
This in no way makes the M class an "ML class"
I don't post here for likes or to win an argument.

Bros M class is called ML and in M class we have 320, 350, 450, 500 , AMG 53

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 10:21am On Jun 12, 2020
My findings: kingreign, heavenlybang, and co are all Mercedes Benz fans. But have issues with the current reliability ratings of the brand.

There's nothing to be ashamed of in admitting that the Mercedes brand dropped the ball.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 10:31am On Jun 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That is NOT a fact. The M Class was renamed to the GL class. The ML was just the (one and only) model in the M Class.

Essentially, Mercedes had an ML (W163 and W164, from 1998 ), and then introduced a GL in 2007 to compete against the Cadillac Escalade and Lincoln Navigator.

In 2015, they decided to unify their SUV models to prevent confusion. So they scraped the M Class, and renamed it to the GL class. GL is now Mercedes new SUV class.

The GLK became the GLC. Entry level.
The ML became the GLE. Mid-level.
The old GL became the GLS. Flagship level.

You can see it carries over the sedan pattern of C-E-S.

The A Class SUV is now the GLA.
The B Class SUV is now the GLB.
Both fwd based like the sedans.

These are facts. Your posted screenshot says as much. Feel free to prove me wrong.

You are right! To many extent
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by foolbuster: 10:37am On Jun 12, 2020
shortgun:

Most of you will just start typing to make someone laugh on this thread. grin
The 2010 Mercedes GLE 450 is a Beast.
It a certified True OFF ROAD Mercedes Benz SUV.

Let's do a little comparison since that's what you guys have turned this thread to.
Let's compare The GLE 450 that has a V8, 4.7l engine
With an infiti Suv with a larger engine of the same year.

Let's pick Qx56( V8,5.6l) grin

The GLE 450 makes 335hp@6000 rpm vs
Qx56 makes 320hp@5200
The GLE450 Torgue 339@2700rpm vs
Qx56 Torgue 393@ 3400rpm.
The GLE has a 7 speed transmission vs
Qx56 5 speed transmission
GLE450 is a 4matic(AWD)
Qx56 is RWD

From the above which vehicle do you think should be faster , more powerful and qualifies to be called a beast among its peers cool

Let me not even talk about reliability of the two.

Whats the bases of the comparison with infiniti now? Or is the infiniti also a beast? grin

That your gle450 does 0-60 in 6.4s. What is beast like in that abeg. ordinary 08 lexus es350 does that in 6.6s. I guess its also a beast grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gabapentin: 10:38am On Jun 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

lol don't be fooled, Jazzlite is one of the monikers of the weyreypey hydra
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:46am On Jun 12, 2020
Gabapentin:

lol don't be fooled, Jazzlite is one of the monikers of the weyreypey hydra

That makes sense. grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 10:48am On Jun 12, 2020
Whatever is under that beetle engine no concern me,na how the old beetle chassis and body take carry that engine and maintain speed without wobble to beat millennium car they baffle me o.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBTxnrkgh2s/?igshid=1rmya912021fq

Cc Eddee
Heavenlybang
kingreign
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:53am On Jun 12, 2020
dannybrasky:
Whatever is under that beetle engine no concern me,na how the old beetle chassis and body take carry that engine and maintain speed without wobble to beat millennium car they baffle me o.

Cc Eddee
Heavenlybang
kingreign

Lol, I assure you that car got plenty of mods beside the obvious engine swap. Probably got a tranny swap, and upgraded drivetrain parts. Seems to be a rotary turbo engine swap.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 10:58am On Jun 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, I assure you that car got plenty of mods beside the obvious engine swap. Probably got a tranny swap, and upgraded drivetrain parts. Seems to be a rotary turbo engine swap.
Danm! Crazy something.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 11:15am On Jun 12, 2020
dannybrasky:

Cc Eddee
Heavenl.ybang
kingre.ign
Mehn, that beetle is scary af! Launch control is perfect and besides it weighs in at half of its competitors.

P.S - A benz was involved before the usual suspects say we are derailing!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 11:18am On Jun 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Radau.toworks will have a great time rebuilding this for the owner. Read those don't last and you have to keep a gallon of engine oil handy grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:21am On Jun 12, 2020
Eddee:

Radau.toworks will have a great time rebuilding this for the owner. Read those don't last and you have to keep a gallon of engine oil handy grin

Pretty much. Dem dey put oil the way dem dey put fuel. grin

Plenty use precautions or you'll need an engine rebuild every couple dozen thousand miles. Those cars had to revved high to get any power from them, I think that's what kills them ultimately.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 11:30am On Jun 12, 2020
Eddee:

Mehn, that beetle is scary af! Launch control is perfect and besides it weighs in at half of its competitors.

P.S - A benz was involved before the usual suspects say we are derailing !

Saved by the day. cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 11:44am On Jun 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Pretty much. Dem dey put oil the way dem dey put fuel. grin
Plenty use precautions or you'll need an engine rebuild every couple dozen thousand miles. Those cars had to revved high to get any power from them, I think that's what kills them ultimately.

You've said it all. grin

dannybrasky:

Saved by the day . cheesy

Men dey urge for here - especially as our brother no dey allow dem win even if na pyrrhic victory, before you know now dem don ban this moniker wer I dey manage.

Still on still, nothing go make me go up against any beetle or any contraption that shouldn't make it to a race track, but somehow is in pole position to compete on said track.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by rexlims(m): 11:52am On Jun 12, 2020
Been seeing this msg on my instruments cluster, pls Benz guru in d house, what does this mean?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 11:56am On Jun 12, 2020
rexlims:
Been seeing this msg on my instruments cluster, pls Benz guru in d house, what does this mean?

Won't worry about the ESP just yet, the CEL should be your immediate priority. Plug any generic scanner in, and post the codes.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:57am On Jun 12, 2020
Eddee:

You've said it all. grin

Men dey urge for here - especially as our brother no dey allow dem win even if na pyrrhic victory, before you know now dem don ban this moniker wer I dey manage.

Still on still, nothing go make me go up against any beetle or any contraption that shouldn't make it to a race track, but somehow is in pole position to compete on said track.

Rule of thumb is to avoid any rickety car trying to race. At least in the US/Germany. If it looks like it shouldn't be racing but wants to race, it's almost definitely a trap. grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

If it looks like it shouldn't be racing but wants to race, it's almost definitely a trap. grin

grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
Eddee:

You've said it all. grin

That saying if it looks good to be true lol.
Code red!
Code red!
Mission abort!
I repeat
Mission abort grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by rexlims(m): 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
Eddee:

Won't worry about the ESP just yet, the CEL should be your immediate priority. Plug any generic scanner in, and post the codes.
. What is CEL?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
rexlims:
. What is CEL?

Check Engine Light, it's that beautiful yellow lamp on the uppermost left of the picture you uploaded.

Dannybrasky e be like you go ship small scanners come this side o. Market dey dis Benz thread I swear!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by rexlims(m): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hahaha, I swear no be small market. If I may ask how much do u think a scanner will cost?
Eddee:

Check Engine Light, it's that beautiful yellow lamp on the uppermost left of the picture you uploaded.

Dannybrasky e be like you go ship small scanners come this side o. Market dey dis Benz thread I swear!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
Shadowbanned, Dannybrasky.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
rexlims:
Hahaha, I swear no be small market. If I may ask how much do u think a scanner will cost?

Run a quick scan using Nairaland's search feature and you'll find a baseline for prices.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Shadowbanned, Dannybrasky.

I'm outta here. Hasta la vista!

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.