Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,745 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968452 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Conductor261: 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
shortgun:

lol... your car already told you what to do.
Visit any good mechanic with a scan tool, the scan will reveal the problem.
I suspect speed sensors, breaklight switch.

If village people have picked Ur call then you will be looking at replacing ABS module, Axle,Axle shaft,ECU or transmission.

If real gbege wan start the scan tool won't access the section

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 4:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
Conductor261:

If real gbege wan start the scan tool won't access the section
Scan tool can access anywhere in the car but when village people are involved in the matter, it will go blind.
That time scan result will show no fault found but car will not start grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Conductor261: 4:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
shortgun:

Scan tool can access anywhere in the car but when village people are involved in the matter, it will go blind.
That time scan result will show no fault found but car will not start grin grin grin
No joy. Especially Star C3/C4... grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 4:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
Eddee:

Jesus Christ, Man! grin
No mind me abeg..some good liquor don enter head.
Playful mode don engage.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
Conductor261:

No joy. Especially Star C3/C4... grin
Most painful part is the money you will pay to scan the car...at the end Ur problem remains.
After you clear fault and drive for some minutes... check engine light will tell you welcome back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Conductor261: 4:28pm On Jun 20, 2020
shortgun:

Most painful part is the money you will pay to scan the car...at the end Ur problem remains.
After you clear fault and drive for some minutes... check engine light will tell you welcome back.
I don't pay for diagnosis.... Although I have my own scan tool
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
Conductor261:

I don't pay for diagnosis.... Although I have my own scan tool
Nice
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 11:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
Hello everyone, I did a bit of DIY on my c300 today. Ordered a hi-def reverse camera and finally got it yesterday. I installed the camera in the license plate lamp slot, ran the wires through the trunk to the cabin and down to the radio head unit. This is where I have a problem. In the tutorial I saw on youtube, the power cables were at the camera end so power could be taken from the fuse box in the trunk but for the camera I got, the power cables are at the video plug end of the setup where the video cord connects to the radio. I've plugged in the video cable and I know how to configure the camera to start being read by command but it can't work yet because the camera needs a constant power source and I don't know where to tap that in the head unit area.
I was considering tapping from under the cigarette lighter, the voltage supplied there is same as recommended for the camera but I'm not too sure.
Then I'm not sure where the blue wire in the photo goes, please advise if you have any thoughts.
Pic 1 is the setup up of the camera I bought
Pic 2 is what I've done so far (blue wire is at both camera and video cable end)

P.S. I understand some folks might be tempted to say i shouldn't have tried DIY but this wasn't about cutting cost, I wanted to do it myself coz I've always been interested in stuff like this and even a Merc isnt scared.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 12:05am On Jun 21, 2020
blackfm:
Hello everyone, I did a bit of DIY on my c300 today. Ordered a hi-def reverse camera and finally got it yesterday. I installed the camera in the license plate lamp slot, ran the wires through the trunk to the cabin and down to the radio head unit. This is where I have a problem. In the tutorial I saw on youtube, the power cables were at the camera end so power could be taken from the fuse box in the trunk but for the camera I got, the power cables are at the video plug end of the setup where the video cord connects to the radio. I've plugged in the video cable and I know how to configure the camera to start being read by command but it can't work yet because the camera needs a constant power source and I don't know where to tap that in the head unit area.
I was considering tapping from under the cigarette lighter, the voltage supplied there is same as recommended for the camera but I'm not too sure.
Then I'm not sure where the blue wire in the photo goes, please advise if you have any thoughts.
Pic 2 is what I've done so far (blue wire is at both camera and video cable end)

P.S. I understand some folks might be tempted to say i shouldn't have tried DIY but this wasn't about cutting cost, I wanted to do it myself coz I've always been interested in stuff like this and even a Merc isnt scared.

You've done great work so far, - contact fogman on here for proper guidance.

I've been planning/procrastinating to do same for more than four months now, so my bros can actually back out properly from the compound when I'm away, mine is a fairly straightforward reverse camera setup (rear view mirror not COMAND). I've lacked proper motivation to get on with it. I don't intend to remove my Sirius Radio - love the simplicity of it, Bluetooth, HDD. Don't care for the Satellite Radio/Navi that rarely works in Naija, when I have Maps.

Well done, once more!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Conductor261: 7:02am On Jun 21, 2020
Eddee:

I've been planning/procrastinating to do same for more than four months now, so my bros can actually back out properly from the compound when I'm away, mine is a fairly straightforward reverse camera setup (rear view mirror not COMAND). I've lacked proper motivation to get on with it. I don't intend to remove my Sirius Radio - love the simplicity of it, Bluetooth, HDD. Don't care for the Satellite Radio/Navi that rarely works in Naija, when I have Maps.

Well done, once more!
Bia explain this car sah
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 7:13am On Jun 21, 2020
Conductor261:

Bia explain this car sah

Baba take, no loud am!

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Conductor261: 7:16am On Jun 21, 2020
Eddee:

Baba take, no loud am!

Squeeze and put in your pot.. Light it for better highness... just one drag.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:32am On Jun 21, 2020
Eddee:

Well done, once more!

It's not a hard install, when we block or when we're chanced, I go fix it for you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:35am On Jun 21, 2020
Eddee:

Well done, once more!

Tap your camera activation fee your reverse light, and one from ground. The reverse light on your car has 12V live feeding it power.That red ACC wire can be and should be tapped into your cigarette lighter wire. NOTE, in most Mercedes, they use bunch of wires which loops into a socket and the socket plugs into a panel which has metallic connector plates upon which bulbs are inserted.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 7:36am On Jun 21, 2020
kingreign:

It's not a hard install, when we block or when we're chanced, I go fix it for you.

Na person wer calm down go enjoy. Sir, na your own share be this.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:37am On Jun 21, 2020
blackfm:

I don't think anyone would say that. It's a pretty straightforward wiring job. I think the way it's done is to let it draw power from one of the rear lights or something, so it only comes on when reversing. I'm not sure.

Either way, you should be safe drawing power from the cigarette lighter source. Make sure the entire thing is properly insulated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:39am On Jun 21, 2020
Eddee:

Na person wer calm down go enjoy. Sir, na your own share be this.
Oppooor!
If wishes were...

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 8:07am On Jun 21, 2020
Eddee:

Baba take, no loud am!

Knock yourself out!

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 8:24am On Jun 21, 2020
Praxtech:

Knock yourself out!

Unlike you, I have the real hardware. There's more where this came from, keep the change. grin

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 8:27am On Jun 21, 2020
Eddee:

Unlike you, I have the real hardware. There's more where this came from, keep the change. grin
No need. Knock yourself out!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 8:50am On Jun 21, 2020
kingreign:

Tap your camera activation fee your reverse light, and one from ground. The reverse light on your car has 12V live feeding it power.That red ACC wire can be and should be tapped into your cigarette lighter wire. NOTE, in most Mercedes, they use bunch of wires which loops into a socket and the socket plugs into a panel which has metallic connector plates upon which bulbs are inserted.
Thanks I pulled out the cigarette lighter but I'm not sure which one to splice and connect to, any takes?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 8:54am On Jun 21, 2020
Eddee:

Well done, once more!
Thanks I'll reach out to him
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 8:58am On Jun 21, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I don't think anyone would say that. It's a pretty straightforward wiring job. I think the way it's done is to let it draw power from one of the rear lights or something, so it only comes on when reversing. I'm not sure.

Either way, you should be safe drawing power from the cigarette lighter source. Make sure the entire thing is properly insulated.
You're right but the setup I got isnt wired like that. The power and ground cables are at the radio end of the system not the trunk area. The only wire in the trunk area is the blue wire

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 10:45am On Jun 21, 2020
blackfm:

Thanks I pulled out the cigarette lighter but I'm not sure which one to splice and connect to, any takes?
Do you have a digital multimeter?
If yes turn it on, and turn the dial to 20v. Place the red probe on any stripped part of the wire and the black probe on any unpainted metallic part of the car, turn ignition to II and there should be a reading of 12v. If you get such reading, place the Red ACC wire from the camera and join to that wire that gave that reading.

Usually, in most cars, red wires are live 12V.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 21, 2020
kingreign:

Do you have a digital multimeter?
If yes turn it on, and turn the dial to 20v. Place the red probe on any stripped part of the wire and the black probe on any unpainted metallic part of the car, turn ignition to II and there should be a reading of 12v. If you get such reading, place the Red ACC wire from the camera and join to that wire that gave that reading.

Usually, in most cars, red wires are live 12V.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by telim: 10:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
My oga them Am about to buy c300 2011 or 2012 TOKs which of them is better in terms of Maintance. Also notice 2011 as a popup screen and 2012 don't.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by RCDIY(m): 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
blackfm:

Don't engage in these kind of jobs without a multimeter, bro.
Please get one and keep it handy.
King reign already pointed you in the right direction.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:17pm On Jun 21, 2020
telim:
My oga them Am about to buy c300 2011 or 2012 TOKs which of them is better in terms of Maintance. Also notice 2011 as a popup screen and 2012 don't.

2012, or course. 2012 was the facelift year, and is a much better car. Look at a 2013 C300, though, as it has a more powerful engine.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by donprosper6(m): 2:37am On Jun 22, 2020
ibbabah:

Added

Pls add me to the c300 group
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by donprosper6(m): 2:38am On Jun 22, 2020
ibbabah:

Ur number

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by baxton25(m): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2020
Good morning men and brethren, when ever I'm on top speed, my Glk will be shaking like shaky shaky daddy, what could be the cause? It's a 2010 GLK driven only 3 months.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by donprosper6(m): 10:45am On Jun 22, 2020
Pls I need a reliable car dealer in Lagos that can deliver to Enugu without issue... you guys should recommend. C300 2009. Buy and drive please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.