Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,858 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965553 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kuntash: 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2011
harakiri:

Actually, it's the long awaited BMW rival to the SLS i'm waiting for.I hope 9ja roads (especially Lagos roads) will be motor-able for these super cars in the near future. What do you think?

my guy, not really interested in rivalry between cars, I appreciate cars even Kia Picanto,

on the SLS roadstar, to attain up to 60mph in just four secs would be smthn far more than when a plane is about to take off. grin grin

no where to drive it in Lagos except 3rd mainland bridge on Sunday mornings, else u are on ur own, Up north could be a place to try, say from Abaji to Kano or Zaria to Kano, (I hope those roads are still as it was then)
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kabukabu50(m): 4:36pm On Jan 12, 2011
harakiri:

Actually, it's the long awaited BMW rival to the SLS i'm waiting for.I hope 9ja roads (especially Lagos roads) will be motor-able for these super cars in the near future. What do you think?

BMW's are for posers, they don't even make a real supercar.A supercar with prestige and performance.
Porsche=Carerra GT
Ferrari=458 Italia
Lamborghini=Murceilago/Reventon
Bugatti=Veyron
Audi=R8

Mercedes=SLS
BMW=0
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kabukabu50(m): 4:44pm On Jan 12, 2011
kuntash:

@ owowalapo - thanks for your observations, the thread isnt just for the display of pictures of Benz, but to discuss on issues positive and negative - common problems and solutions.

if you read my first post, that was what its meant for, pls keep your posts coming and lets abide by the intent of this thread. thanks,

ehen, @ xerotop, I beg no be quarrel O, just as e be for naija so called pop artist now, if you like BMW, start your thread and we are not comparing here,
meanwhile, if u are a nigerian, you and I should be ashamed for not being able to boast of manufacturing " I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR GENERATOR", rather than singing praises for the innovative breakthrus of other countries while we consume and always dream of consuming!
Start a Bimmer thread and focus there ok?

Back to topic proper,, pls can anyone help me with the C class service manual?- 1994-1999 models.

Right here Kuntash, the w202 service manual pdf for download
http://www.pdfee.com/mercedes-benz-c-class-w202-service-manual-1994-2000.html
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kabukabu50(m): 4:56pm On Jan 12, 2011
cne010:

@xerotop it shall be well with you jare!! Its bimmer till I stop breathing!!! The 2002 328i would teach any c class how to move jooh oh!!

The 2002 328ci would only be quicker than regular c class models,but it would be left gasping for breath against the W202 C32AMG,C43 AMG,C55 AMG and C63 AMG.You would need an M3 or M5 to compete with these guys grin grin grin grin.

Besides C class regular models were rejuvenated 190 models, why beat your chest upon beating what is considered the step child of the mercedes family, if you want to brawl go challenge the big brother.

Even the Mercedes AMG wagon would blow that E46 328ci away grin grin grin

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ojesymsym: 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2011
What is the cost of a tokunbo C200 now? @Poster, hw much did u pick urs?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kabukabu50(m): 5:03pm On Jan 12, 2011
owowalapo:

Ok this thread is just lame as hell to be honest with y'all. If y'all are gonna post photos about benzes; anybody can go online and copy & paste, what I'd like to see are photos of benzes in Naija, for real!!!! Whats the point of you taking a photo of a benz in someone's driveway abroad. I live in the states and I see them everyday, let me miss naija small kai!, You, I and every damn person on this site can tell its not in NAIJA - abeg show me correct benzes with LAGOS license plates !!!!

I don't think it matters what plates or where the cars are shot,if you are a car guy you don't care, the plates could be from Botswana grin grin grin.I dont drive cars for plates like the arabs do.Peace
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by harakiri(m): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2011
kabukabu50:

BMW's are for posers, they don't even make a real supercar.A supercar with prestige and performance.
Porsche=Carerra GT
Ferrari=458 Italia
Bugatti=Veyron
Audi=R8

Mercedes=SLS
BMW=0

When was the Audi R8 made? Is that not a recent addition to the Audi family and the super-car community? Even the BMW M6 will dust that R8 any day, anytime.BMW is for real driving enthusiasts.Like me rephrase your illustration :

Mercedes = Comfortable driving experience
Porsche = Mind blowing driving experience
BMW = Pleasurable and reassuring driving experience
Audi = High end tech on wheels

Ferrari,Lamborghini,Bugatti,Pagani Zonda and other super-car makers have been in the game and have carved a niche for themselves. The rest are meeting up even Asians are joining the super-car level. . .you need to see what infinity and Lexus have out on the streets (cars worth hundreds of thousands of $$$$$$).

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:50pm On Jan 12, 2011
kabukabu50:

Porsche=Carerra GT
Ferrari=458 Italia
Bugatti=Veyron
Audi=R8

Mercedes=SLS
BMW=0

you cant say BMW has zero you aint serious though am not a fun of BMW but the M SERIES are good M3 and M5
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2011
harakiri:

When was the Audi R8 made? Is that not a recent addition to the Audi family and the super-car community? Even the BMW M6 will dust that R8 any day, anytime.BMW is for real driving enthusiasts.Like me rephrase your illustration :

Ferrari,Lamborghini,Bugatti,Pagani Zonda and other super-car makers have been in the game and have carved a niche for themselves. The rest are meeting up even Asians are joining the super-car level. . .you need to see what infinity and Lexus have out on the streets (cars worth hundreds of thousands of $$$$$$).

are you serious on a M6 and R 8
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNbjBZ1vxPU[/flash]
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kabukabu50(m): 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2011
harakiri:

Infiniti's most expensive car=QX45 at $60,000 grin grin ;DIts a Nissan Armada with Infiniti leather and gold trim.
Lexus most expensive car=The LFA which isnt on sales floors yet at $250,00 so lets say the most expensive Lexus now is the LS650 sedan at about $100,00 fully optioned.

Both of these are not supercars by any STRETCH, the LFA is though but given it just came out, we should hold judgement on that
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kabukabu50(m): 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2011
BMW has no supercar.

Here are your M3 performance specs,
E92, and E93 performance0-60 3.9 sec. (2011 E90/E92 w/ M-DCT trans)[25]
1/4 mile: 12.4 sec. @ 114 mph. (2011 E90/E92 w/ M-DCT Trans)[25]
0-60 5.1 sec. (2009 E93 Convertible w/ M-DCT trans)
1/4 mile: 13.1 @ 109 mph. (2009 E93 Convertible w/ M-DCT Trans)
Top Speed: 161 mph.[25] (electronically limited) Delimited: ~290 km/h (180 mph)+
Skid Pad: 0.98 g
Slalom: 114.9 km/h (71.4 mph)
Fuel Consumption: 12.4 L/100 km (22.8 mpg-imp; 19.0 mpg-US) (EU test cycle.

Thats the best BMW has to offer

Here are the specs on the SL65 Black series coupe

Displacement: 365 cu in, 5980cc
Power (SAE net): 661 bhp @ 5400 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 738 lb-ft @ 2200 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 5-speed automatic with manumatic shifting

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 100.8 in Length: 180.7 in Width: 77.2 in Height: 51.6 in
Curb weight: 4123 lb

PERFORMANCE (C/D EST):
Zero to 60 mph: 3.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 7.9 sec
Standing ¼-mile
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by xerotop(m): 8:36pm On Jan 12, 2011
all ya beemaa haters,

stop book analysis & reviews

do your selves a favour,

get on the road with a beemaa

and i can assure you

this thread will come to an end

and your lives will never remain the same ever.

yorubas will say "itowo la nmo adun obe"

interptretation; u can only know how sweet a soup is by tasting it.

BMW 4 LIFE grin grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:05pm On Jan 12, 2011
kabukabu50:

BMW has no supercar.

Here are your M3 performance specs,
E92, and E93 performance0-60 3.9 sec. (2011 E90/E92 w/ M-DCT trans)[25]
1/4 mile: 12.4 sec. @ 114 mph. (2011 E90/E92 w/ M-DCT Trans)[25]
0-60 5.1 sec. (2009 E93 Convertible w/ M-DCT trans)
1/4 mile: 13.1 @ 109 mph. (2009 E93 Convertible w/ M-DCT Trans)
Top Speed: 161 mph.[25] (electronically limited) Delimited: ~290 km/h (180 mph)+
Skid Pad: 0.98 g
Slalom: 114.9 km/h (71.4 mph)
Fuel Consumption: 12.4 L/100 km (22.8 mpg-imp; 19.0 mpg-US) (EU test cycle.

Thats the best BMW has to offer

Here are the specs on the SL65 Black series coupe

Displacement: 365 cu in, 5980cc
Power (SAE net): 661 bhp @ 5400 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 738 lb-ft @ 2200 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 5-speed automatic with manumatic shifting

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 100.8 in Length: 180.7 in Width: 77.2 in Height: 51.6 in
Curb weight: 4123 lb

PERFORMANCE (C/D EST):
Zero to 60 mph: 3.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 7.9 sec
Standing ¼-mile

yes bmw has no supercar but M3 , M5 & M6 can out do some benz
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kabukabu50(m): 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

yes bmw has no supercar but M3 , M5 & M6 can out do some benz

True in "comparable"categories most of the time BMW has the advantage.

for example,in small sedan category
BMW 3 series beats the Mercedes C class

but in full size luxury sedan
Mercedes S class beats the BMW 7 series

midsize luxury sedan is more of a toss up
The 5 series versus the E class

But BMWs do not resell as well as Mercedes period.And they don't hold their value.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kabukabu50(m): 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2011
xerotop:

all ya beemaa haters,

stop book analysis & reviews

do your selves a favour,

get on the road with a beemaa

and i can assure you

this thread will come to an end

and your lives will never remain the same ever.

yorubas will say "itowo la nmo adun obe"

interptretation; u can only know how sweet a soup is by tasting it.

BMW 4 LIFE grin grin grin

I dont dislike BMWs but they have fallen off,this E30 M3 is the best Bimmer ever made in my opinion

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kkonsults: 10:50pm On Jan 12, 2011
no need comparing bmw and benz pls dem b dsame tin

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by femionasan(m): 8:52am On Jan 13, 2011
kabukabu50, u the man jare my guy. People dont know how to compare cars,, they believe u can compare a C class with a 5 series bmw when they dont fall into the same category. Its a benz for me anyday and i am going for my C350 2007 model very soon. Lovely car for me.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by german007(m): 9:29am On Jan 13, 2011
kabukabu50:

BMW has no supercar.

I disagree with that. No intent to credit or discredit you.

BMW Has a supercar, the BMW M1. Production ceased in 1981/1982.

Though its no longer in Production, there are rumours of plans to recommence production.

Turbocharged racing versions were capable of producing around 850 hp (634 kW).

PICS BELOW.

cool

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by german007(m): 9:30am On Jan 13, 2011
THE M1 ENGINE.

SAYS IT ALL.

cool

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by german007(m): 9:48am On Jan 13, 2011
kabukabu50:

I dont dislike BMWs but they have fallen off,this E30 M3 is the best Bimmer ever made in my opinion

In my opinion, the best Bimmer ever made is the BMW 8 SERIES. Occasionally classed as a supercar.

You won't go wrong.

cool

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kuntash: 11:10am On Jan 13, 2011
ALL OF UNA WEY DEY COMPARE CARS FOR THIS THREAD, una go make me vex now, and I report to customs not to allow any of BMW or Benz into naija for the next 5yrs, Haba, PLS DONT COMPARE HERE! its not what the thread is meant for. else u can go on and on , quarrelling,

Bimmer people I beg Open ur thread O!!! THIS IS MERCEDES BENZ thread. we discuss all that concerns its driveability, possible problems and solutions probably based on experience et al, with special reference to Nigeria. thanks,

@ Kabukabu, that link brought me here - http://www.bentleypublishers.com/images//features/MBC0/bentley_mbc0_new.product.announcement.pdf

and I dont knw how possible to pay online, besides its like its over 20k naira shocked

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blank(f): 11:16am On Jan 13, 2011
Pls, all u thread derailers, GO AND START YOUR OWN THREAD. If u really believe dat d car is all dat, don't be scared 2 start ur own thread n let's see how dat will grow. Calling on d moderators 2 clean up dis thread.

We are talking of d man of d house (benz) people are asking 4 equal rights with d woman (BMW). LMAO.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by femionasan(m): 11:18am On Jan 13, 2011
^^^^

Lmao, i cant shout.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kuntash: 7:05pm On Jan 13, 2011
@ blank, u mean as the man the head and woman the neck? cheesy cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blank(f): 9:47pm On Jan 13, 2011
@ Kuntash, lol.

Seems like u av been doing some research.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kuntash: 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2011
@ all I have a PDF Owners Manual for W202 1995-2000 as soft copy, its size is 1.8Mb, and I cant upload more than 200kb, can anyone advice on how to upload files of larger size?

meanwhile @ Kabukabu, can I get the service manual elsewhere? I have scout well enough online for it no way,
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by german007(m): 2:25pm On Jan 14, 2011
Kuntash,

Reduce the file size using www.shrinkpictures.com.

cool cool
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kabukabu50(m): 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2011
kuntash:

@ all I have a PDF Owners Manual for W202 1995-2000 as soft copy, its size is 1.8Mb, and I cant upload more than 200kb, can anyone advice on how to upload files of larger size?

meanwhile @ Kabukabu, can I get the service manual elsewhere? I have scout well enough online for it no way,

What is the problem that you are having?You can go on benzworld or peach parts to get answers,there are thousands of mercedes owners on those sites.The Bentley service manual is the absolute Benz bible if you want to do your own repairs,if you don't want to buy it,you may find it on some bit torrents , try piratebay.com
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kuntash: 7:44pm On Jan 14, 2011
Thanks Kabukabu and German,

I have not really found a reliable mechanic even though there would be many out there , ,  hence I try to fix simple things on my own and do follow up with some mechanics.

I rarely get satisfied with with the way most mechanics repair cars in Naija, many of them are in the attitude of " IT DOESNT MEAN, IT WOULD WORK THAT WAY , OR THE OTHER TYPE CAN WORK WITH IT" SYNDROME , those things drive me real sad. For example, even though the W202 is designed to be hot, it has a certain degree of temperature it gets to before the fan motor engages and starts working as auxiliary or in panic mode etc,  but here u see mechanics and car owners bypassing fan motors to alternator etc,  and many more!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kabukabu50(m): 1:40am On Jan 15, 2011
kuntash:

Thanks Kabukabu and German,

I have not really found a reliable mechanic even though there would be many out there , , hence I try to fix simple things on my own and do follow up with some mechanics.

I rarely get satisfied with with the way most mechanics repair cars in Naija, many of them are in the attitude of " IT DOESNT MEAN, IT WOULD WORK THAT WAY , OR THE OTHER TYPE CAN WORK WITH IT" SYNDROME , those things drive me real sad. For example, even though the W202 is designed to be hot, it has a certain degree of temperature it gets to before the fan motor engages and starts working as auxiliary or in panic mode etc, but here u see mechanics and car owners bypassing fan motors to alternator etc, and many more!

Most 90,s Benz's run slightly hot,check your fan clutch,it could also be a relay or a fuse blown out preventing the fans from coming on.It should come on anwhere from 87-97C, Also check your engine harness for fraying and radiator for bubbles.always use Equivalent of GO5 for coolant, not straight up water and no green or blue coolant, should be yellow grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2011
Thank you German 007 for correcting kabukabu50. I thot the bmw Z series was a supercar??
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kabukabu50(m): 12:47am On Jan 16, 2011
cne010:

Thank you German 007 for correcting kabukabu50. I thot the bmw Z series was a supercar??

Of course its not a supercar, lmao, the Z4 starts at $40,000 that is not supercar price by a long shot,buddy.The Z4 is a roadster not a sportscar,but you probably don't even know the difference.And just so you know BMW doesnt make the M1 anymore,so German did not "correct" me.Even the Z8 which was $150,00 plus still isnt a supercar because its performance was rubbish,too heavy with too much oversteer,and too slow.

Here is what a SUPERCAR looks like

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition. The "722" refers to the victory by Stirling Moss and his co-driver Denis Jenkinson in a Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR with the starting number 722 (indicating a start time of 7:22 a.m.) at the Mille Miglia in 1955.

The "722 Edition" includes an engine rated 650 PS (480 kW; 640 hp)@6500rpm and 820 N·m (600 lb·ft)@4000rpm, with top speed of 337 km/h (209 mph) (3 km/h (1.9 mph)[citation needed] faster than the standard SLR). 19-inch light-alloy wheels were used to reduce unsprung weight, while modifications were also made to the suspension, with a stiffer damper setup and 10 mm (0.39 in) lower ride height introduced for improved handling. Larger 390 mm (15 in) diameter front brakes and a revised front air dam and rear diffuser were fitted.[9]

Exterior changes, other than the larger 19-inch (480 mm) black light-alloy wheels, include red "722" badging, harking back to the original 722 racer, and slightly different taillights and headlamps.

The SLR 722 can go from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.6 seconds, 200 km/h
TOP SPEED=209 mph grin
Price=$750,000

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.