Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968152 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SeaTrade(m): 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2021
kingbee90:

Dude you don't obviously like Benz. That's fine. Why not get the Fvck outta this thread. I even prefer to ride a 190E Benz to that old rickety company owned Hilux whose engine has been ringed twice that you drive.
You are also a Drunkard.
While you went digging as typical of a Mercedes jobless fan boy who can only afford the types murtala Muhammed was killed in, you somehow failed to see that i also own a 2015 Corolla and a 2015 Ford ranger,
So I can actually tell the difference between good cars and rickety old mercedes jalopies,
Keep consoling yourselves untop cars that are old enough to vote for the upcoming elections ,
Any benz older than 5 years is just not worth it,know this today.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2021
SeaTrade:
While you went digging as typical of a Mercedes jobless fan boy who can only afford the types murtala Muhammed was killed in, you somehow failed to see that i also own a 2015 Corolla and a 2015 Ford ranger combined.
So I can actually tell the difference between good cars and rickety old mercedes jalopies,
Keep consoling yourselves untop cars that are old enough to vote for the upcoming elections ,

Your statement in bold shows that you have no knowledge about Mercedes. I don’t own one but the car you mentioned as him having is currently a classic and it costs more than your 2015 Ford Ranger and 2015 Corolla (that’s if you can even see that classic to buy).

Just watch it bro.
It’s best you take the humble pie now and just “pass”.

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 3:02am On Aug 11, 2021
Philadelphia:

Your statement in bold shows that you have no knowledge about Mercedes. I don’t own one but the car you mentioned as him having is currently a classic and it costs more than your 2015 Ford Ranger and 2015 Corolla (that’s if you can even see that classic to buy).

Just watch it bro.
It’s best you take the humble pie now and just “pass”.
as usual ; philadelphia the pedophile poke nosing into a matter he has no business in

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by willjamal: 3:16am On Aug 11, 2021
Guys, I'm thinking of purchasing a c200 kompressor w203 2006/2007 as my first car, but I saw that someone here advised against older benz models. The person who's helping me import it from Germany says the car is reliable, and is waaay cheaper to maintain than more recent models. What's your opinion, guys? Should I change my mind and go for a more recent w204 or should I stick with the w203? Your thoughts are appreciated.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingbee90: 7:04am On Aug 11, 2021
willjamal:
Guys, I'm thinking of purchasing a c200 kompressor w203 2006/2007 as my first car, but I saw that someone here advised against older benz models. The person who's helping me import it from Germany says the car is reliable, and is waaay cheaper to maintain than more recent models. What's your opinion, guys? Should I change my mind and go for a more recent w204 or should I stick with the w203? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Buy a car within your budget & a car you can easily maintain. C200 w203 is reliable but if you can easily buy & maintain a w204, go for it.
It's ironic seeing people buying 06/07 Japanese cars on a daily basis & it's fine by them but these same slowpokes come here to say an 06/07 Benz is old

9 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 7:26am On Aug 11, 2021
willjamal:

If that’s the car you like, then go for it. Don’t buy what people want you to buy. Rather, buy a car that when you look at it in the morning when you awake, you’ll smile and say in your heart; “that’s my ride”.
I don’t see anything wrong in owning an older model vehicle. People still buy the Mini Cooper of more recent years. While the car is pricey, it has never appealed to my eyes.
By the way, I think the 2007 C200 compressor is either a w203 coupe or a w204 sedan.

You may want to consider the w203 C280 or C350 for the 2007 model year.

Goodluck on your choice.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by PromiseUche(m): 7:04pm On Aug 11, 2021
What basic features are in 2011 ML 350 4matic that are not in 2010 or 2009?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 8:28pm On Aug 11, 2021
willjamal:
Abeg buy and get a good technician. Those cars dont die if you take care of them, my friend has used his 1999 Mercedes benz e class since brand new and anytime i drive the car, i feel like taking it home. Please buy and enjoy your car.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 8:31pm On Aug 11, 2021
Bettycars:

This car is the bomb. The only major problem was rust issues.
seconded the car na bomb true true.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
Jamal64:
After scanning my C300 4matic it brings this code . Any help?
You seem to have a faulty fuel pump or a vacuum leak. But do a proper diagnosis first before you do anything else.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
DAVE5:
Please guys and ladies in the house, can anyone proffer a solution to “Tire pressure monitor inoperative”

Initially changed 3 tires, then i got the message, gaged tires to see if it would solve it, no luck, scanned car, error message said 3 sensors out of 4 were having miscommunication, so I removed all four tires, checked each of the tire pressure sensor, copied out the ID number, rescanned, programmed and inputted them on a system, error message clear, drove about 30 minutes and error popped up again

Car type: 08 c300
you need to do a tpms diagnosis. I know someone that can do it for you if you dont mind his name is Femi 08092757438 that is his number.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2021
Lizarazzu:

Preach it long and loud.
Lol… you people’s dont shit about old benz���
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 8:39pm On Aug 11, 2021
Grom4ik:

Thank you, I think so too.
bros enjoy your car no mind anybody that car is the bomb after w124 tho grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 8:46pm On Aug 11, 2021
OfficialDJ:
someone should translate what this man has just said... For $50
I will gladly do that, what he os trying to say is dont buy it, its not worth it, it probably fake.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
NewNigeriaMind:
They said I should come ask here. I just got a small boo, a 2013 C300 AWD.

1. Need advice on the best plug for break pads

2. Advice on the best oil to use for the change

3. Original oil filter plug if in the house

4. Do and don’t of the car advise would be highly appreciated

5. Lastly, for the AC can I top up the AC gas or empty it and refil with a new one altogether

Thanks all and God bless you as you help a brother
Is there anything wrong with the A/C?? No?? If so leave it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2021
joefit4gur:
Hi everyone! Biko, a man needs your help o!

A Toks 2008 ML350 4Matic has just been delivered, and I'd like to know if it's any good (engine, performance etc) and or if the problems are severe or minor. It has 220K miles on it, and brought up the following codes when scanned:

1. P2006 - Intake manifold runner control stuck closed bank
2. P0306 - Cyliner 6 misfire detected
3. P0300 - Random or Multiple Cylinder Misfire detected.
4. System Voltage Low
5. P0304 - Cyliner 4 misfire detected
6. P0410 - Secondary air injection system
7. P0455 - Evaporation emission system leak detected.

Other physical findings:
** Clearing agent bought 0w-40 and poured all in, he said the car had no oil at the port.
** Soot on exhaust
** Fidgety when AC is turned on.
** creaking sound at the rear

* Errors on dash

1. Marker Lamp Front Left and Right.
2. Turn Signal Left Mirror
3. SRS Malfunction Front Left and Right.
4. Brake wear
5. Tire pressure
6. Check Engine

Biko!

The only person that can help you is a technician
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DAVE5(m): 9:47pm On Aug 11, 2021
MOTIONTECH:
you need to do a tpms diagnosis. I know someone that can do it for you if you dont mind his name is Femi 08092757438 that is his number.

Ok boss, I’ll try to contact him but I’m hoping he’s Lagos based, thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 9:55pm On Aug 11, 2021
DAVE5:

Ok boss, I’ll try to contact him but I’m hoping he’s Lagos based, thanks
Yes, he is based in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 10:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
SeaTrade:
While you went digging as typical of a Mercedes jobless fan boy who can only afford the types murtala Muhammed was killed in, you somehow failed to see that i also own a 2015 Corolla and a 2015 Ford ranger,
2015 Corolla...old plastic.
2015 ford...Fix or Repair Daily . Nonsense contraption.... All old. was thinking you'd tell us you own 2021 models... You freaking loud mouth

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SeaTrade(m): 11:20pm On Aug 11, 2021
weyreypey:

2015 Corolla...old plastic.
2015 ford...Fix or Repair Daily . Nonsense contraption.... All old. was thinking you'd tell us you own 2021 models... You freaking loud mouth
Coming from someone driving 90s E klass.
Oh please.
The earlier y'all dump all those old things you drive I the name of luxury cars,the better for you and your pockets.
Receive sense.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 11:39pm On Aug 11, 2021
SeaTrade:
Coming from someone driving 90s E klass.
Oh please.
The earlier y'all dump all those old things you drive I the name of luxury cars,the better for you and your pockets.
Receive sense.

Get along and continue your alcoholism

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 5:42am On Aug 12, 2021
I'm here for the wawulence

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by willjamal: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2021
MOTIONTECH:
Abeg buy and get a good technician. Those cars dont die if you take care of them, my friend has used his 1999 Mercedes benz e class since brand new and anytime i drive the car, i feel like taking it home. Please buy and enjoy your car.

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by willjamal: 9:29am On Aug 12, 2021
Philadelphia:

If that’s the car you like, then go for it. Don’t buy what people want you to buy. Rather, buy a car that when you look at it in the morning when you awake, you’ll smile and say in your heart; “that’s my ride”.
I don’t see anything wrong in owning an older model vehicle. People still buy the Mini Cooper of more recent years. While the car is pricey, it has never appealed to my eyes.
By the way, I think the 2007 C200 compressor is either a w203 coupe or a w204 sedan.

You may want to consider the w203 C280 or C350 for the 2007 model year.

Goodluck on your choice.

Thanks for your input. I'd love to go for the C350 for its power, but I opted to go for the C200 Kompressor as it provides a nice balance between power and fuel economy, even though it's a bit underpowered. How's the C350's fuel consumption?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by willjamal: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2021
kingbee90:

Buy a car within your budget & a car you can easily maintain. C200 w203 is reliable but if you can easily buy & maintain a w204, go for it.
It's ironic seeing people buying 06/07 Japanese cars on a daily basis & it's fine by them but these same slowpokes come here to say an 06/07 Benz is old

Thanks man, preciate it. I can easily get a w203, but I'd have to extend myself a bit, and probably wait an extra month or 2 to get a w204, and I checked the cost of parts of the w204, and the prices are scary. 70-90k for the side mirror, 120k for the front lights, 90k for the rear lights, 150k for the steering, etc...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BamBamK: 9:42am On Aug 12, 2021
SeaTrade:
Better keep this same energy when it's time to cough up 400k for repairs.
I will be here to remind you to assist him,

repairs like what n what will cost 400k??
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackgig(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2021
Guys, please I need break pads for my c240 w203, who can you direct me to?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BamBamK: 10:25am On Aug 12, 2021
nakoks

blackgig:
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 12:40pm On Aug 12, 2021
willjamal:

Thanks man, preciate it. I can easily get a w203, but I'd have to extend myself a bit, and probably wait an extra month or 2 to get a w204, and I checked the cost of parts of the w204, and the prices are scary. 70-90k for the side mirror, 120k for the front lights, 90k for the rear lights, 150k for the steering, etc...
Do what your purse carries sir.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
blackgig:

Go to Ladipo ,ask of Ojekunle street....get a good toks pad used to go for 5k before this current madness.If you prefer new you can source for Bosch at about 24k.....both will serve.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2021
blackgig:
exact year?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackgig(m): 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2021
nakoks:

Go to Ladipo ,ask of Ojekunle street....get a good toks pad used to go for 5k before this current madness.If you prefer new you can source for Bosch at about 24k.....both will serve.

Thanks alot. I will do Ladipo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.