Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967894 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by santakris(m): 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
SomoriiN:

Morning bro. Sorry I mistook you for another person the last time. Happy Independence Day
Wow.... Thanks sir. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 10:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
Jamal64:
it was the gear shifter , no brake switch fault.

is it fixed now?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danny34(m): 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hello guys,

my 2002 W203 C200 kompressor, red top engine, fires and when you start it and idles almost immediately.

When you are on the road, it takes a while to pick up, when it eventually picks, anytime you slow down or apply brake, to pick up again takes time, and those behind you are horning for you.

I have just changed my plugs. Should I change the throttle sensor?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 2:42am On Oct 01, 2021
happydude:
Good day house , pls what's the recommended oil for a c280 2007 m272 engine types with high mileage on the odometer. thanks fam for ur inputs

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 2:43am On Oct 01, 2021
Princecanada:
Hi Star Family,

Pls I need ur guidance here. I just acquired this 2007 C280 4matic foreign used. Car was running fine and smooth until I decided to do oil change and servicing. Wanted to use Mobil1 but Mech advised Total oil. Did oil change and a day after, I started hearing a dangling sound in the bonnet area. Called Mech when I arrived home from work to check, Mech said is the exhaust. After working

.on the exhaust, metallic dangling sound still there. Now he is saying it's from the shaft. I insisted it must have been the oil as the sound wasn't there before. The asked that I bring the car tomorrow. I just got this car few days ago, and these guys have turned it to their lab rat. how do I fix this.
Oil used is Total 20w 50. I am in Abuja...

Are. You. F'ing. Serious. RN
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 3:25am On Oct 01, 2021
radautoworks:

Are. You. F'ing. Serious. RN

Hopefully it's the shaft grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 4:09am On Oct 01, 2021
santakris:

He's Lucky. Probably the wolves are busy or on bashing holiday grin grin

gringringrin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jamal64: 12:16am On Oct 02, 2021
yes chief
AutoMoTech:

is it fixed now?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Churock: 5:23am On Oct 02, 2021
AutoMoTech:

check your engine and gear seats as suggested.
if found ok
then scan the vehicle.
alot of things can cause the vehicle to shake when put in drive but the easiest could be a dirty throttle body causing restriction to airflow at idle or you have a weak spark (coil or spark plug).
to avoid throwing parts, pls start with scanning the ECU to see if there are any fault codes stored.

Good morning; Mech said it’s steering pump. Could be true right?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 11:40am On Oct 02, 2021
Churock:

Good morning; Mech said it’s steering pump. Could be true right?
Run from him.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by awesome9ja: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
Hello Guys,
Good Afternoon.

Please I need your advise as regards my 2009 Benz ML350. I recently changed the Steering Pump and Rack.
The issue with it is that it becomes hard when you are making small turnings/maneuverings. I mean when am trying to park or when in traffic and you need to reverse and move out from one lane to another ( move back a little, turn, cut your hand and reverse before eventually parking or moving out - best way to describe the scenario). The steering feels very heavily that you will have to use both hands to turn the steering but as soon as it is on top speed it becomes free and very easy to turn but once you have need to do all those small turning again it becomes very heavy.
Please how can I get this resolved?
I appreciate your contribution as I dont want any try and error experiment.

Thank you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
awesome9ja:
Hello Guys,
Good Afternoon.

Please I need your advise as regards my 2009 Benz ML350. I recently changed the Steering Pump and Rack.
The issue with it is that it becomes hard when you are making small turnings/maneuverings. I mean when am trying to park or when in traffic and you need to reverse and move out from one lane to another ( move back a little, turn, cut your hand and reverse before eventually parking or moving out - best way to describe the scenario). The steering feels very heavily that you will have to use both hands to turn the steering but as soon as it is on top speed it becomes free and very easy to turn but once you have need to do all those small turning again it becomes very heavy.
Please how can I get this resolved?
I appreciate your contribution as I dont want any try and error experiment.

Thank you

Wake up in the morning. (Before starting the car)
Jack the front wheels up (suspended in air)
Open the power steering reservoir
Switch on the ignition ( don't start engine)
Turn the steering to the extreme right and left (about ten times) with the front wheels suspended in the air and engine not running.

Remove the jack. Start the car and repeat the turning of the steering with the wheels on the ground.

If both pump and rack are fine, and without leaks.... You'll be okay.

Also ensure that you have the appropriate Mercedes Benz approved power steering fluid in there
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by awesome9ja: 4:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
Great!
I will do exactly as you've advised and post feedback ASAP.
Many thanks @kewtt
Kewtt:

Wake up in the morning. (Before starting the car)
Jack the front wheels up (suspended in air)
Open the power steering reservoir
Switch on the ignition ( don't start engine)
Turn the steering to the extreme right and left (about ten times) with the front wheels suspended in the air and engine not running.

Remove the jack. Start the car and repeat the turning of the steering with the wheels on the ground.

If both pump and rack are fine, and without leaks.... You'll be okay.

Also ensure that you have the appropriate Mercedes Benz approved power steering fluid in there
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
danny34:
Hello guys,

my 2002 W203 C200 kompressor, red top engine, fires and when you start it and idles almost immediately.

When you are on the road, it takes a while to pick up, when it eventually picks, anytime you slow down or apply brake, to pick up again takes time, and those behind you are horning for you.

I have just changed my plugs. Should I change the throttle sensor?

oga it is your air flow metre....go Nd change it , not throttle please
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danny34(m): 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
Thank you. But i have just changed my airflow meter.

Infact, sometimes when you start the car, it wont fire, i will just have to off the engine and start it again.

I am considering changing throttle sensor and actuator.

This is my main worry. Apart from this the ride is cool.

Just imagine been in traffic and slowing down and its going but car wont fire.

IkpuMmadu:

oga it is your air flow metre....go Nd change it , not throttle please
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 11:16pm On Oct 05, 2021
danny34:

Infact, sometimes when you start the car, it wont fire, i will just have to off the engine and start it again.

Return your original airflow sensor.
Scan the drive system of the car
Post codes here. Several things could be responsible for the symptoms you described.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 5:11am On Oct 06, 2021
danny34:

oga it is airflow Metre....it isn't up to 20k
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 5:13am On Oct 06, 2021
danny34:

bwnz selects airflow Meter
..id you didn't change it with the parts number.... that is what many mechanic don't know

take the car to ladipo...it is airflow
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danny34(m): 7:42am On Oct 06, 2021
I have just noticed that the airflow meter changed is not the same parts number as the one that was removed. Will return the car to changed it.

Am in Enugu, not in Lagos.

Thank you. Hopefully, this works.

Thank you.

IkpuMmadu:
bwnz selects airflow Meter
..id you didn't change it with the parts number.... that is what many mechanic don't know

take the car to ladipo...it is airflow
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 8:21am On Oct 06, 2021
danny34:
I have just noticed that the airflow meter changed is not the same parts number as the one that was removed. Will return the car to changed it.

Thank you.

I have a C class also and I know that airflow Meter can cause that not throttle

ensure that they change the one with the matching part number otherwise you are wasting your time

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 9:50am On Oct 06, 2021
danny34:

Thank you.

I was going to type what IkpuMmadu said; exactly what my mech said.
My mech is so sure that it’s the airflow meter and with the emphasis made by IkpuMmadu, I guess it’s the culprit.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danny34(m): 10:22am On Oct 06, 2021
THANKS BRO... ALREADY SENT THE PARTS NUMBER TO BE SEARCHED. THEY WILL LET ME KNOW WHEN THEY SEE IT

[quote author=Philadelphia post=106493468][/quote]
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danny34(m): 10:22am On Oct 06, 2021
THANKS BRO.... ALREADY SCOUTING FOR THAT

IkpuMmadu:
I have a C class also and I know that airflow Meter can cause that not throttle

ensure that they change the one with the matching part number otherwise you are wasting your time

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by awesome9ja: 10:33am On Oct 06, 2021
Dear Sirs,
Please what is the usefulness of octane booster?
Does BENZ need octane booster?
Some will recommend octane booster where the issue affecting the car is air flow meter
Anyway I got this octane booster from Messrs. Sopperrescue which I don’t think I need.
The man and octane booster na 5 & 6?
If interested let me know?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by youngemperor(m): 1:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
A friend of mine said he bought Mercedes c300 2014 toks for 3.5m, I doubt it. How true could that be?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 2:18pm On Oct 06, 2021
youngemperor:
A friend of mine said he bought Mercedes c300 2014 toks for 3.5m, I doubt it. How true could that be?

Probably bought a stolen car from a dealer

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 3:38am On Oct 07, 2021
youngemperor:
that is the price for the car....Nigerian used....

your friend is correct, why do you guys doubt peo0le when they tell you ammount they bought their cars ...would you do a refund?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 5:16am On Oct 07, 2021
awesome9ja:
Dear Sirs,
Please what is the usefulness of octane booster?
Does BENZ need octane booster?
Some will recommend octane booster where the issue affecting the car is air flow meter
Anyway I got this octane booster from Messrs. Sopperrescue which I don’t think I need.
The man and octane booster na 5 & 6?
If interested let me know?

Are you trying to market a product or something.

Pls stop confusing usgrin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by alphabbey1(m): 6:23am On Oct 07, 2021
IkpuMmadu:

your friend is correct, why do you guys doubt peo0le when they tell you ammount they bought their cars ...would you do a refund?
Read the message again, this time slowly till you see "Toks" .... and if anyone wants to sell its Nigerian used for 3.5m, just budget another 1m for repair...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by youngemperor(m): 7:02am On Oct 07, 2021
He said it's tokunbo, which i strongly believe that 2014 model cannot be sold for that amount.
IkpuMmadu:

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 7:55am On Oct 07, 2021
youngemperor:
He said it's tokunbo, which i strongly believe that 2014 model cannot be sold for that amount.

why are you doubting person that bought his car? if he tells you what he bought his car,why argue with him

una too like wahala! abi you wan refund am
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 7:56am On Oct 07, 2021
alphabbey1:
Read the message again, this time slowly till you see "Toks" .... and if anyone wants to sell its Nigerian used for 3.5m, just budget another 1m for repair...
why debate with someone on price he bought his car...what is your business with that ...if I may ask

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.