Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967294 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 3:20pm On Mar 24, 2022
solaaje1976:
Your phone number is not complete
you can call me now i was in a place with bad reception.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by udy4real(m): 6:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
Please gurus I have been having issues with the transmission system of ml 350 ,the mechanics have repaired but still not working well ,can't even 150km before it starts stalling
Please help
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by solaaje1976(m): 4:35am On Mar 28, 2022
It has 10 digits instead of 11.:
MOTIONTECH:
you can call me now i was in a place with bad reception.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 9:15am On Mar 28, 2022
solaaje1976:
It has 10 digits instead of 11.:
this is the number 08092757438
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 11:34am On Mar 30, 2022
udy4real:
Please gurus I have been having issues with the transmission system of ml 350 ,the mechanics have repaired but still not working well ,can't even 150km before it starts stalling
Please help

With the level of insecurity on our highways where are you needing above 140km/h. If you are in Lagos let us know so we see if ETO can fix it or you buy another transmission.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by udy4real(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2022
[quote author=nakoks post=111498231]

With the level of insecurity on our highways where are you needing above 140km/h. If you are in Lagos let us know so we see if ETO can fix it or you buy another transmission.[/quote
]

Hahahahahaha
I am in Lagos but the vehicle is in Abia state, I travelled with it but with the issues it can't drive back to Lagos
Please can you give me a rough estimate for the price of the transmission?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
What year?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 7:42am On Apr 02, 2022
C300 2016 buy and drive nothing to fix

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BuyAndSellStuff: 12:32pm On Apr 03, 2022
Hello house

Please I need detailed info on the C230 or C240 & co. Around 2004 or 2005 models.....

How economic is its maintenance for normal office use + weekend hangouts on the island. Nothing serious just from home to office then maybe beach or a mall on weekends.

How likely is it to develop faults from normal driving (no major accidents)?
What are the most likely problems that will arise?
What are the most common price range of these parts (if it will be replaced) etc??

Please my questions sound amateurish because I am. I hope someone sees this and helps me out in layman terms.

Thanks alot in advance.

Cc: gazzuzz nurey kingreign greggng icenautos radautoworks please help out
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by David275(m): 5:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:
Hello house

Please I need detailed info on the C230 or C240 & co. Around 2004 or 2005 models.....

How economic is its maintenance for normal office use + weekend hangouts on the island. Nothing serious just from home to office then maybe beach or a mall on weekends.

What are the most common price range of these parts (if it will be replaced) etc??

Please my questions sound amateurish because I am. I hope someone sees this and helps me out in layman terms.

Thanks alot in advance.

the c240 2004 or 2005 is okay not 4matic. Try go for foreign use if you have the power or a good Nigerian used with good maintenance history. Benz is all about proper maintenance( proper and good oil usage, correct parts usage). Watch out for electrical faults Mercedes has many sensors but is cul. change engine oil and filter when due, fuel filter etc. Maintenance cost is a bit higher than Toyota but correct parts last longer, fuel economy is fair

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BuyAndSellStuff: 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2022
David275:
the c240 2004 or 2005 is okay not 4matic. Try go for foreign use if you have the power or a good Nigerian used with good maintenance history. Benz is all about proper maintenance( proper and good oil usage, correct parts usage). Watch out for electrical faults Mercedes has many sensors but is cul. change engine oil and filter when due, fuel filter etc. Maintenance cost is a bit higher than Toyota but correct parts last longer, fuel economy is fair

Wow
Thank you very much for this sire
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:

Wow
Thank you very much for this sire

Its a good car I bet you'll like it... I use C200 for Uber maintenance, spare parts is far less than when I was using a Corolla. Its rugged and performs far better than even the Corolla 2010. The fuel economy is even better than that of a Corolla.

Take for an instance, 3weeks ago I went to Ojurin in Ibadan. Bought fuel N6500 at Mobil Abule Egba then drove to Ogba and from there to Ikoyi b4 going to Freedom way to pickup the client then straight to Ojurin with all the external road due to construction i took Then returned back to Lagos and went to Kola/Alakuko before my reserve light came up.
All of these waka with AC oooh even with a faulty MAF.

I use liquidmoly 10W40 which i usually buy from a seller here modida.

Just make sure you've one good and competent mechanic, electrician and AC technician it will be easy to use and maintain that way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:
Hello house

Thanks alot in advance.

That car is near perfect for Nigeria. Cheap to maintain as long as you do routine maintenance, for some reason parts in Nigeria for it are about on par with the parts for a Corolla, good fuel economy, nice ride. I would buy it everyday and twice on Sunday

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BuyAndSellStuff: 6:45pm On Apr 03, 2022
radautoworks:
That car is near perfect for Nigeria. Cheap to maintain as long as you do routine maintenance, for some reason parts in Nigeria for it are about on par with the parts for a Corolla, good fuel economy, nice ride. I would buy it everyday and twice on Sunday

Much appreciated.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BuyAndSellStuff: 6:46pm On Apr 03, 2022
Felicity001:

Its a good car I bet you'll like it... I use C200 for Uber maintenance, spare parts is far less than when I was using a Corolla. Its rugged and performs far better than even the Corolla 2010. The fuel economy is even better than that of a Corolla.

Take for an instance, 3weeks ago I went to Ojurin in Ibadan. Bought fuel N6500 at Mobil Abule Egba then drove to Ogba and from there to Ikoyi b4 going to Freedom way to pickup the client then straight to Ojurin with all the external road due to construction i took Then returned back to Lagos and went to Kola/Alakuko before my reserve light came up.

Just make sure you've one good and competent mechanic, electrician and AC technician it will be easy to use and maintain that way.

Very detailed. Thank you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by greggng: 7:08pm On Apr 03, 2022
radautoworks:

I wanted to hear from Gazzuz b4 I can respond . I have in the past sold that car and till date the guy still say thank u to me . I guess that's why I was tagged . But tomorrow I will get more details. Overall is a great car.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dadabashua1(m): 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2022
Felicity001:

good rides de for real bros,so unfortunate a lot of Nigerians were brainwashed to think that only Toyota makes good cars.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by CaptainAyub: 8:39pm On Apr 03, 2022
radautoworks:
Aunty wey sabi
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2022
dadabashua1:
good rides de for real bros,so unfortunate a lot of Nigerians were brainwashed to think that only Toyota makes good cars.

You know that thing with Nigerians once a manufacturer produces one bad product every others that come afterwards is rubbish to them. Many Nigerians still have that wrong notion that Mercedes Benz consumes fuel, it's a car for only the rich... Same way they see every Honda cars as the EOD that usually have dislocation of of legs.

An average Nigerian is still an illiterate. grin

7 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by JamesbaIIy: 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2022
dadabashua1:

Even on your deathbed, when you're saying your final words, Toyota would still be on your mind.

For a self acclaimed Honda fanatic, you sure spend a lot of time posting about Toyota.

No let Hypertension kill you on top Toyota matter bros. It's not that serious

As the Igbos say, Biri, Kam biri.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dadabashua1(m): 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2022
JamesbaIIy:

Even on your deathbed, when you're saying your final words, Toyota would still be on your mind.

For a self acclaimed Honda fanatic, you sure spend a lot of time posting about Toyota.

No let Hypertension kill you on top Toyota matter bros. It's not that serious

As the Igbos say, Biri, Kam biri.
ok Toyota fan boy,well you are right o,I also have a Toyota car grin the only difference is I'm not brainwashed

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dadabashua1(m): 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2022
Felicity001:

You know that thing with Nigerians once a manufacturer produces one bad product every others that come afterwards is rubbish to them. Many Nigerians still have that wrong notion that Mercedes Benz consumes fuel, it's a car for only the rich... Same way they see every Honda cars as the EOD that usually have dislocation of of legs.

now that's facts only

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Manuella4ace: 10:27pm On Apr 03, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:
Hello house

Thanks alot in advance.

I drive a c200 kompressor, honestly I love it, faster, well balanced than a Camry talk more of corolla, but there are things you must avoid if you want to enjoy your car, never give your car to trial and error mechanic, get some knowledge of your car fuse box( Sam), avoid washing your engine bay with carwash guys, simply use brush and a rag, also keep to regular oil maintenance.

Remember number one, avoid kazeem, I learnt the hard way oo, my catalyst stolen, my thermostat remove....

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oluayebenz: 11:43pm On Apr 03, 2022
Felicity001:

Off the mic cheesy

Dem plenty for here

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:37am On Apr 04, 2022
Manuella4ace:

I drive a c200 kompressor, honestly I love it, faster, well balanced than a Camry talk more of corolla, but there are things you must avoid if you want to enjoy your car, never give your car to trial and error mechanic, get some knowledge of your car fuse box( Sam), avoid washing your engine bay with carwash guys, simply use brush and a rag, also keep to regular oil maintenance.

Remember number one, avoid kazeem, I learnt the hard way oo, my catalyst stolen, my thermostat remove....

No need to lie to validate something. If in doubt, go try out pacing a 2005 Camry V6. I won’t bring in the SE variant or even the 2007-date Camry models to this discuss.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 9:28am On Apr 04, 2022
kingreign:

No need to lie to validate something. If in doubt, go try out pacing a 2005 Camry V6. I won’t bring in the SE variant or even the 2007-date Camry models to this discuss.

Bros he mentioned his car brand C200 kompressor whixh is 1.8L with
Power 163 Hp @ 5500 rpm.
Torque 240 Nm @ 3000-4000 rpm.

For him to have mentioned Camry it means he's referring to Toyota Camry of almost same level with the car he uses which is either 2003/04, 4cy 2.4L
Horsepower: 160 hp @ 5,700 rpm, Torque- 163 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm.

I've used the Corolla, Camry both 4cyls and V6 and i can tell fr9m experience the C200 is faster and more balance when compared to the Camry 4ycls and Corolla.

The body of the Camry is stronger than the Corolla but that of the C200 is stronger.

The Camry has a common problem, shaft wahala fit make you throway the car but the AC na die mortuary standardgrin and has more room/leg space than the C200 and the boot of the Camry is bigger when compared to C200 it's side mirror is also stronger but can't adjust like the C200 when hot by other road users so it can easily break but the thing strong die.

Maintenance cost can be comparable only that the C200 has more parts than the Toyota. e.g sand protector is just one front front to undernet but that of the C200 has 3 compartments, one cover to shock absorber and other to the wiper water can then another down to under of the car to the bumper.

Breakpads as sensor but Toyota dont have so you may have to change you breakpad sensor along side your breakpads but the Toyota only changes breakpads.

Fuel economy of the C200 can be compared to tue Honda Civic not even with the Corolla 1.8L let alone the 2.4L Camry.

The C200 comes with 8air bags but the Toyota Corolla and Camry has just 2grin if anything happens and car tombulu nkogrin

All of these cars I've used so I know the differences from sound to electrical and mechanical. I'll choose the MB over the Toyota any day anytime.

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 10:03am On Apr 04, 2022
Felicity001:

Power 163 Hp @ 5500 rpm.

For him to have mentioned Camry it means he's referring to Toyota Camry of almost same level with the car he uses which is either 2003/04, 4cy 2.4L

I've used the Corolla, Camry both 4cyls and V6 and i can tell fr9m experience the C200 is faster and more balance when compared to the Camry 4ycls and Corolla.

The body of the Camry is stronger than the Corolla but that of the C200 is stronger.

The Camry has a common problem, shaft wahala fit make you throway the car but the AC na die mortuary standardgrin and has more room/leg space than the C200 and the boot of the Camry is bigger when compared to C200 it's side mirror is also stronger but can't adjust like the C200 when hot by other road users so it can easily break but the thing strong die.

Maintenance cost can be comparable only that the C200 has more parts than the Toyota. e.g sand protector is just one front front to undernet but that of the C200 has 3 compartments, one cover to shock absorber and other to the wiper water can then another down to under of the car to the bumper.

Breakpads as sensor but Toyota dont have so you may have to change you breakpad sensor along side your breakpads but the Toyota only changes breakpads.

Fuel economy of the C200 can be compared to tue Honda Civic not even with the Corolla 1.8L let alone the 2.4L Camry.

The C200 comes with 8air bags but the Toyota Corolla and Camry has just 2grin if anything happens and car tombulu nkogrin

All of these cars I've used so I know the differences from sound to electrical and mechanical. I'll choose the MB over the Toyota any day anytime.
Be calming down.

It's not always about HP. How th power is put down also matters.

A 2008 Honda city will beat the Merc in a 0 to 100 km/hr sprint.

Make una take am easy. We know say una like Benz pass una wives but some claims are downright silly.

Your shaft na your problem.

It's not a Camry or Corolla problem. It is a maintenance item. It is meant to be replaced when it gets worn. It wasn't designed to last forever. A genuine replacement should last donkey years and possibly get scrapped with the car.

Make una dey lie small small.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2022
Felicity001:

Power 163 Hp @ 5500 rpm.

At this point, I'm absolutely tired of these debates.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by awesome9ja: 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2022
There is no point quoting Gazzuzz. He won’t even respond. Leave it to people who have interest in the Almighty Benz.
Gazzuzz na Japmobile na, although Baba get Benz o wey him Dey cruise everyday but he will tell you I don’t fix Benz.
He is perhap the only person I know that repairs Japmobile but drive Benz.
what a life cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
This life no balance, make we try dey enjoy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

greggng:

I wanted to hear from Gazzuz b4 I can respond . I have in the past sold that car and till date the guy still say thank u to me . I guess that's why I was tagged . But tomorrow I will get more details. Overall is a great car.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2022
awesome9ja:
There is no point quoting Gazzuzz. He won’t even respond. Leave it to people who have interest in the Almighty Benz.
Gazzuzz na Japmobile na, although Baba get Benz o wey him Dey cruise everyday but he will tell you I don’t fix Benz.
He is perhap the only person I know that repairs Japmobile but drive Benz.
what a life cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
This life no balance, make we try dey enjoy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2022
9icetoo:

Be calming down.

It's not always about HP. How th power is put down also matters.

A 2008 Honda city will beat the Merc in a 0 to 100 km/hr sprint.

Make una take am easy. We know say una like Benz pass una wives but some claims are downright silly.

Your shaft na your problem.

It's not a Camry or Corolla problem. It is a maintenance item. It is meant to be replaced when it gets worn. It wasn't designed to last forever. A genuine replacement should last donkey years and possibly get scrapped with the car.

Make una dey lie small small.

Sweet lies grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.