Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (973252 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 8:13am On May 31, 2023
ariesbull:
dude has a complex problem trust me

He hates Benz yet lurk around Benz thread
Me? Complex problems?
I don't even know you or your entire generation, and I'm not remotely interested in doing so....

Maybe go through my post, open that Crack head you call a head, and you'd know I am a mercedes benz die-hard...

But that doesn't mean I have to dick-ride bullshit when I see one.

Mercedes cars are indestructible yen yen yen....

I call that big cap......

9 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oluayebenz: 8:51am On May 31, 2023
ariesbull:

oga I am not here to argue with you ....I started with Japanese and I knew what I saw

I have driven Benz for over 7 yrs and this is my second Benz and I am buying the third....I started with C class the first model now I drive an ML Benz

There is what is called emergency mode in Benz ...it is mechanism that Benz puts in car to protect the gear.

If the oil is down the car will enter emergency mode and it will not select until it is changed

Also my ML Benz can't overheat cos apart from the temperature there is a sensor that is in the radiator that neeps once the water level is down

I take my ride for mechanics these years I have driven Benz ...it is rare ,in short I haven't seen a Benz owner changing gears or transmissions

This is my over 7th year of driving two Benz,I know that you are Japanese guys

Oga I am not here to argue with you ..I talk from experience...either you argue or you believe! I am still going to buy another Benz ...this time and E Klasse

Absolutely correct 💯

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oluayebenz: 8:54am On May 31, 2023
Djreloaded:
With all these over-exaggerating features, one would think they're number 1 in reliability overall.

I'm a Japanese guy? I'm not even blowing my trumpet, but I can comfortably buy the latest mercedes benz Arsenal without breaking a sweat.

Again- BUYING A 15 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN USED BENZ IS A SENSELESS MONEY PIT GUZZLING VENTURE.
Make of it as you may...

Before you yap senseless opinions - I own two mercedes benz cars.

Mazda over Toyota and benz 🤣🤣🤣

Just dey play.

You should rate vehicle base on Nigerian road condition

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 9:04am On May 31, 2023
oluayebenz:

Mazda over Toyota and benz 🤣🤣🤣

Just dey play.

You should rate vehicle base on Nigerian road condition
YES.
Mazda over Mercedes Benz reliability wise.

Is Lexus not a Toyota?at this point, you sound dumb.

You must be having the stereotype of the 2000s to think mercedes benz is the overall indestructible Armour tank.

I don't go with sentiments. Facts only.

9 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oluayebenz: 9:21am On May 31, 2023
Djreloaded:
YES.
Mazda over Mercedes Benz reliability wise.

Is Lexus not a Toyota?at this point, you sound dumb.

You must be having the stereotype of the 2000s to think mercedes benz is the overall indestructible Armour tank.

I don't go with sentiments. Facts only.

Mr Man, you sound stupid.
I will not stool so low to argue with imbe.cile like you.

Have you ever own a Mercedes Benz in your life?

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 9:39am On May 31, 2023
Djreloaded:
False.
Buy older Japanese cars Nigerian used? No problems.
It'll take minimal efforts to restore back to factory settings, except you bought an over-abused lemon.

Buy a 15 year old German car (Nigerian used) is asking for problems, because something must fail. Why? They're over engineered unnecessarily, and an endless pocket drainer.

Example - I have an 09 cls550 and a 2015 cls500(sourced tokunbo) and it's been a smooth sail for 3 years or so...
An acquaintance has a 2010 variant (sourced locally) and it's been problematic regularly and endless repairs.

Of course they're good Nigerian used Mercedes Benz cars, but for cars that are 15 years old? That's like finding a needle in a haystack...
I agree alot of them can be problematic but that's hinged on the maintenance culture ovrr time. I was going to clock 200k miles with mine before selling and I can bet you the buyer isn't having any regrets and it should be over 200k miles by now.
Point is there are good ones, my current is an E350 that I bought registered too and it's a joy to drive, haven't spent up to 150k on it and that includes servicing. I didn't even need a mechanic to make the buy decision when I went to inspect it and I found a couple of good ones before deciding on the one I bought.
You'll find the gems if you look hard enough

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 9:40am On May 31, 2023
blackfm:

I agree alot of them can be problematic but that's hinged on the maintenance culture ovrr time. I was going to clock 200k miles with mine before selling and I can bet you the buyer isn't having any regrets and it should be over 200k miles by now.
Point is there are good ones, my current is an E350 that I bought registered too and it's a joy to drive, haven't spent up to 150k on it and that includes servicing. I didn't even need a mechanic to make the buy decision when I went to inspect it and I found a couple of good ones before deciding on the one I bought.
You'll find the gems if you look hard enough
They're definitely good ones, but that's a story for another day...
Try finding a needle in a haystack..

Why do people buy Japanese cars in large numbers? Their ability to tolerate abuse....

Nigerians are careless to the maintenance culture required for German cars.
Of course we have maintenance freaks, but that is a meager number.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 9:41am On May 31, 2023
oluayebenz:

Mr Man, you sound stupid.
I will not stool so low to argue with imbe.cile like you.

Have you ever own a Mercedes Benz in your life?
The irony of this post....

Not 1 but 2 of them...

Gtfoh with your ramblings.
I'm not interested in bantering with a retarded hillbilly.

10 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 9:53am On May 31, 2023
Djreloaded:
They're definitely good ones, but that's a story for another day...
Try finding a needle in a haystack..

Why do people buy Japanese cars in large numbers? Their ability to tolerate abuse....

Nigerians are careless to the maintenance culture required for German cars.
Of course we have maintenance freaks, but that is a meager number.
Not necessarily the ability to tolerate abuse coz Mercedes can actually take it too. It's more of an information gap and a perception.
People hear benz and the first though is "its expensive" but I was using Mobil 1 to service my corolla back then and still would if I drive a jap. Did I have my fears when I bought the benz? Certainly! But I went out a a limb to try it out and I don't see myself going back.
Not to knock other brands, they're nice and equally rugged but I want more than ordinary and Mercedes gives me that even in a 15yr old product.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 10:03am On May 31, 2023
blackfm:

Not necessarily the ability to tolerate abuse coz Mercedes can actually take it too. It's more of an information gap and a perception.
People hear benz and the first though is "its expensive" but I was using Mobil 1 to service my corolla back then and still would if I drive a jap. Did I have my fears when I bought the benz? Certainly! But I went out a a limb to try it out and I don't see myself going back.
Not to knock other brands, they're nice and equally rugged but I want more than ordinary and Mercedes gives me that even in a 15yr old product.
Don't we all look for something more than ordinary when we go for German cars?
Fact still remains - ANYBODY TRULY ENJOYING HIS MERCEDES BENZ WITHOUT PROBLEMS HARDLY SELLS, Except money problems or multiple cars....

If you truly want to enjoy a mercedes, source for it abroad, ship, and enjoy.

Of course, you can find a Nigerian used one in pristine condition, but not the older generations riddled with failing modules here and there.

It's a rare gem as you opined, and is that a risk the OP is willing to take?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 1:18pm On May 31, 2023
oluayebenz:

Absolutely correct 💯
I don't want to argue with the boy

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 1:18pm On May 31, 2023
Djreloaded:
Me? Complex problems?
I don't even know you or your entire generation, and I'm not remotely interested in doing so....

Maybe go through my post, open that Crack head you call a head, and you'd know I am a mercedes benz die-hard...

But that doesn't mean I have to dick-ride bullshit when I see one.

Mercedes cars are indestructible yen yen yen....

I call that big cap......

I have noticed you

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 1:23pm On May 31, 2023
Djreloaded:
With all these over-exaggerating features, one would think they're number 1 in reliability overall.

I'm a Japanese guy? I'm not even blowing my trumpet, but I can comfortably buy the latest mercedes benz Arsenal without breaking a sweat.

Again- BUYING A 15 YEAR OLD NIGERIAN USED BENZ IS A SENSELESS MONEY PIT GUZZLING VENTURE.
Make of it as you may...

Before you yap senseless opinions - I own two mercedes benz cars.
bitter soul ...is it Ur money

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 1:30pm On May 31, 2023
ariesbull:
I have noticed you
shove it up the deepest part of your a$$.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2023
ariesbull:
bitter soul ...is it Ur money
When it come to the money, you still no reach...
If ee sure for you- post account balance.
Ómó ale.

So he should buy a money pit, because he can afford to, but not something that'll give him peace of mind for a considerable time?
Dindirin.

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 1:35pm On May 31, 2023
Djreloaded:
When it come to the money, you still no reach...
If ee sure for you- post account balance.
Ómó ale.

So he should buy a money pit, because he can afford to, but not something that'll give him peace of mind for a considerable time?
Dindirin.
see mouth Na bragging again

Dangote .. richest man

LoK

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 1:40pm On May 31, 2023
ariesbull:

Dangote .. richest man

LoK
Who's bragging with this dolt?
I'm setting the records straight.

If you think I'm capping, check my previous posts.
Doings too plenty.

Stop quoting me retard..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oluayebenz: 2:04pm On May 31, 2023
ariesbull:

Dangote .. richest man

LoK

Pls stop quoting that idiott

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackfm: 2:08pm On May 31, 2023
Djreloaded:
Don't we all look for something more than ordinary when we go for German cars?
Fact still remains - ANYBODY TRULY ENJOYING HIS MERCEDES BENZ WITHOUT PROBLEMS HARDLY SELLS, Except money problems or multiple cars....

If you truly want to enjoy a mercedes, source for it abroad, ship, and enjoy.

Of course, you can find a Nigerian used one in pristine condition, but not the older generations riddled with failing modules here and there.

It's a rare gem as you opined, and is that a risk the OP is willing to take?

I give up. To each his own

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 2:08pm On May 31, 2023
oluayebenz:

Another Ironical post...
You must think I give the slightest hoot about your existence.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jamal64: 5:01pm On May 31, 2023
Hello this two comes up whenever I pass 20km/h.

I have checked online turned steering from lock to lock. Also removed the battery and left it overnight . I tried all this from what I saw online from similar complaints but nothing yet. The steering is also not hard .

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 5:15pm On May 31, 2023
Jamal64:
Hello this two comes up whenever I pass 20km/h.

I have checked online turned steering from lock to lock. Also removed the battery and left it overnight . I tried all this from what I saw online from similar complaints but nothing yet. The steering is also not hard .
Your ABS light is on.
Likely culprit...

When your Abs is faulty, the steering stiffens.

Scan and post codes.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 6:21pm On May 31, 2023
oluayebenz:

You know Na empty vessels Sabi make noise

I have given him his 5 minutes fame ....

I have ignored him forever

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 7:25pm On May 31, 2023
ariesbull:

You know Na empty vessels Sabi make noise

I have given him his 5 minutes fame ....

I have ignored him forever
5 minutes fame from a bald- headed retard?
I'm unimpressed..

Empty vessels Yada Yada...
Dude -ee sure me die, I'm not your mate in any spheres of life..

My lifestyle is documented here for all to see.
My life is an open book, and I trump you.
Hard pill to swallow? Pull the trigger on your feather-brained head..

Now run along, DOLT.

7 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 8:32pm On May 31, 2023
Djreloaded:
5 minutes fame from a bald- headed retard?
I'm unimpressed..

Empty vessels Yada Yada...
Dude -ee sure me die, I'm not your mate in any spheres of life..

My lifestyle is documented here for all to see.
My life is an open book, and I trump you.
Hard pill to swallow? Pull the trigger on your feather-brained head..

Now run along, DOLT.

Noisy.....

We have noticed your noise and heard You.

Celebrity 5 mins

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by computerglobal(m): 11:08am On Jun 01, 2023

Instant Comprehensive Vehicle History Report

Recovery Of Lost Custom Papers(Instant)

Custom Duty Verification((Instant)

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by buygala(m): 7:11pm On Jun 01, 2023
ariesbull:

Lies

Once the body and interior is neat go for it

Highest You change engine Benz transmission no dey die

I just had to quote this cheesy

Its amusing how this guy avoided the elephant in the Mercedes room.. Electricals..

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Djreloaded(m): 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
buygala:

Its amusing how this guy avoided the elephant in the Mercedes room.. Electricals..
leave am make him dey talk rubbish.
A mercedes is indestructible Yada Yada..

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2023
ariesbull:

Lies

Once the body and interior is neat go for it

Highest You change engine Benz transmission no dey die

Hopefully, when one or more control or communication modules fails, you’d be the one to come help him out.
In a bid to hype your dearly beloved brand, you are out there misleading uninformed people either consciously or subconsciously.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Manuella4ace: 10:32pm On Jun 01, 2023
wazklin:
Hello House

Having trouble with my 272 engine on a 203benz(c230) and I want to convert the engine to a 112 (12plug) V6 engine. This requires I change the engine and gear (direct tokumbo).
I want to ask, is there any defect that may occur after the conversation?
I'll have to also change the ECU. Someone told me that the car may not recognize computer device durng scanning when faults occur later on. Aside this which I've not confirmed, any issue that may arise?
Thanks

Hmmmm, just let wahala be oo, because if you try the surgery, you will not live to tell the story. sell yours and get the one you want.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 4:55am On Jun 02, 2023
kingreign:

Hopefully, when one or more control or communication modules fails, you’d be the one to come help him out.
In a bid to hype your dearly beloved brand, you are out there misleading uninformed people either consciously or subconsciously.
I am not here to mislead ..I talk from MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

I have driven Japanese ,in short that is my first ride then I have driven Benz ...C Klasse and now an ML 350 and trust me , if I will buy another ride ,it will be E Klasse or BMW 5 series

Personal experience....I didn't have decent relationship with Japanese cars but I 0refer European cars due to handling, safety, ruggedity

That's my own personal experience and I have the right to express it, you can call it misleading....do I even care ?

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 4:57am On Jun 02, 2023
buygala:

Oga a good person that knows cars don't buy car cos of engine, be it any car . Engine can be rebuilt , swapped out or changed

But you can't change chassis , body frame or interior to an extent ....once a car is rusted it is gone especially undeneat

But a car that has decent body and interior ...engine is the easiest part of the ride to be changed period

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.