Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (970786 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
Smart Choice I want to make some urgent inquiries from you ASAP, please send me your contact. 293BF53A is my pin

Please any1 here with smart choice's contact, kindly send to me pls.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by economia: 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
pls check this picture it is a benz i want to buy. I need ur advice because is not own a car b4. I am in dear need of something to move me round the town for my everyday activities
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
economia: pls check this picture it is a benz i want to buy. I need ur advice because is not own a car b4. I am in dear need of something to move me round the town for my everyday activities

Upload a picture with a .jpeg extension

MOD
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 18, 2014
shoppyanno: Smart Choice I want to make some urgent inquiries from you ASAP, please send me your contact. 293BF53A is my pin

Please any1 here with smart choice's contact, kindly send to me pls.

Sent you a bbm invitation
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 6:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
[quote author=shoppyanno]
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hello MB family. I need your help. I'm in a dilema of which of these trim to choose.

W202 1999 C200 &W202 2000 C230 Kompressor

The 1999 is a German Spec with 132000miles (can't verify)
The 2000 is American Spec with 134000 miles verified on AutoCheck
Both are 4 cylinders

Please, I need thw Owners & Service Manuals for the W202 2000 model. Kindly send it to bamisope77@yahoo.com. *Waiting*

SmartChoice, Hanson, Gee, Jahjehova were art thou?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
shoppyanno: Hello MB family. I need your help. I'm in a dilema of which of these trim to choose.

W202 1999 C200 &W202 2000 C230 Kompressor

The 1999 is a German Spec with 132000miles (can't verify)
The 2000 is American Spec with 134000 miles verified on AutoCheck
Both are 4 cylinders

What do you want in a car? The kompressor is a supercharged engine while the C200 is a naturally aspirated engine. The C230 Kompressor is a performance ride i.e combining power with economy but the other is economical as well but in terms of performance,cannot be compared to the Kompressor.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
Eyop:

What do you want in a car? The kompressor is a supercharged engine while the C200 is a naturally aspirated engine. The C230 Kompressor is a performance ride i.e combining power with economy but the other is economical as well but in terms of performance,cannot be compared to the Kompressor.

Thanks @ Eyop. I need something rugged, fuel efficent, and can stand stress especially Lagos traffic. I ply Ekiti State to Lagos @ least once a month apart from other short trips.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
shoppyanno:

Thanks @ Eyop. I need something rugged, fuel efficent, and can stand stress especially Lagos traffic. I ply Ekiti State to Lagos @ least once a month apart from other short trips.

If you must go for the Kompressor,please ensure you inspect it thoroughly because the Kompressor(can be repaired when faulty) is a wear item and considering the age of the vehicle,you need to be sure that all is good and fine before you buy. Some 6 Cylinder naturally aspirated engine cannot meet up with the kompressor despite being 4 cylinder engine. Very economical machine i must tell you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 10:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
Eyop:

If you must go for the Kompressor,please ensure you inspect it thoroughly because the Kompressor(can be repaired when faulty) is a wear item and considering the age of the vehicle,you need to be sure that all is good and fine before you buy. Some 6 Cylinder naturally aspirated engine cannot meet up with the kompressor despite being 4 cylinder engine. Very economical machine i must tell you.

how can a novice verify that the kompressor is in order I.e. functional not faulty. I will really love to know.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
danadam:

how can a novice verify that the kompressor is in order I.e. functional not faulty. I will really love to know.
A good mechanic with such experience can inspect it & as well generally check other mechanical parts of the vehicle & certify it OK before you commit funds.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
shoppyanno:

So you're in Ekiti....hmmm buy the kompressor...a good machine...there's a good Mech in Ado will link you up with him.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 3:18am On Aug 19, 2014
smartchoice:
So you're in Ekiti....hmmm buy the kompressor...a good machine...there's a good Mech in Ado will link you up with him.

I appreciate your advise @ Eyop & SmartChoice. I will keep you posted.
SmartChoice na Ado I dey o. Abeg get in touch or better still give me ya contact. I wan make some inquiriy.
Abeg o, make una send me Owners & Service Manual for the W202. bamisope77@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 8:24am On Aug 19, 2014
brightcom: i greet u all. considering d point brought up here abt channel for benz lovers, i tried creating dis channel for those on bbm so we can reach ourselves faster.we can also b intouch here. C0049EA6D is d channel pin.come onboard lets flex benz

I tried to add the pin via my BBM, but I couldn't... kindly help me to add my pin to the group 767AF5D1. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 19, 2014
do anybody have idea on 'arms' of a C 240? i will appreciate a price pls
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
Anyone here with the Owners & Service manual for W202 2000 C230 Kompressor? Please send to bamisope77@yahoo.com
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Baldmarv(m): 9:07am On Aug 20, 2014
I have a C230 for sale...i don't know if it right to post it here but i'll do it anyway, someone might like it, please follow the link here--> https://www.nairaland.com/1856150/clean-mercedes-c280-630k

Sorry MODS don't ban me oh!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by moskito36(m): 10:26am On Aug 20, 2014
Hello MB users, where can I get recommended or Accepted antifreeze/coolant for my 230c kompressor. And which one of the acceptable coolants is readily available in nigeria. I'm in Akure.thanks

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 20, 2014
shoppyanno: Anyone here with the Owners & Service manual for W202 2000 C230 Kompressor? Please send to bamisope77@yahoo.com
google it u may be lucky to have one, i got mine C 240 2002 through google
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hello folks. any1 here know where I can get Original MB recommended Coolant, Transmission Oil, Engine Oil, Brake pads @ reasonable price in Lagos.
Check pictures below

1 Coolant
2 Transmission Oil
3 Engine Oil

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by brightcom(m): 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
pafestula:
i will try that now. ur welcome
I tried to add the pin via my BBM, but I couldn't... kindly help me to add my pin to the group 767AF5D1. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
shoppyanno: Hello folks. any1 here know where I can get Original MB recommended Coolant, Transmission Oil, Engine Oil, Brake pads @ reasonable price in Lagos.
Check pictures below

1 Coolant
2 Transmission Oil
3 Engine Oil

If i were you i should find out if it will be possible to order them direct from overseas. So many repackaged transmission oil,engine oil(Even the Mobil 1 sold in our filling stations are not fully synthetic),coolant,etc except you are sure of the source you will be buying from. Depending on location,to order these items shouldn't take maximum 2 weeks to land Nigeria.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
Eyop:

If i were you i should find out if it will be possible to order them direct from overseas. So many repackaged transmission oil,engine oil(Even the Mobil 1 sold in our filling stations are not fully synthetic),coolant,etc except you are sure of the source you will be buying from. Depending on location,to order these items shouldn't take maximum 2 weeks to land Nigeria.

@Eyop that's serious. What has happened to Nigeria that we have to buy stuff abroad in order to be sure its genuine.
How do you get yours? Do you also place orders?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
shoppyanno:

@Eyop that's serious. What has happened to Nigeria that we have to buy stuff abroad in order to be sure its genuine.
How do you get yours? Do you also place orders?

I am only suggesting this to you as an option except you have a reliable dealer of the above listed products. You know if you buy a fake transmission oil,it can damage your gear box. As for Mobil 1,there are other brands that are equally good,better and slightly cheaper than the recommended Mobil 1 what matters is the viscosity of the oil and not the brand.

Some time last year i wanted to service a car i bought for my younger sister before embarking on a long distance trip to deliver it for her so i was advised to change the transmission oil too. When the seller brought the oil to the workshop,my mechanic noticed it was fake but the container was exactly the same like the original but the oil was fake because they detected this by the colour. It was when i threatened to get him arrested that he later went back to Ladipo to get the original & my mechanic confirmed that it's the genuine one.

Ordering these items are very simple if in the USA or Europe & there are some people on Nairaland here that does it for many people without any issues atleast it will save you stress and the danger of buying something you are not sure of.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by gem70: 9:49am On Aug 21, 2014
HELLO MB FAMILY.. I have a C class 240 ..2001/2002.. my check engine light just came on and i noticed a sluggish acceleration.. any suggestions? i am currently at okene,kogi state and not sure of a reliable mechanic here.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
Guys check this 2000 model C230 Kompressor

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
^^^^ what we see are pictures cheesy grin. what do you want us to check on it?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
shoppyanno: Guys check this 2000 model C230 Kompressor
More pictures......

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop: ^^^^ what we see are pictures cheesy grin. what do you want us to check on it?

My Oga am thinking if shoppyanno should get a classic Merc instead of the kompressor model....what's your take?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
shoppyanno:
More pictures......

How much do you think its worth?
The BAS/ESP indicator is on the instrument cluster is on? What is the solution?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
shoppyanno:

How much do you think its worth?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
smartchoice:

My Oga am thinking if shoppyanno should get a classic Merc instead of the kompressor model....what's your take?
Hello Boss...Sincerely i prefer the Kompressor except he doesn't have a reliable mechanic to handle the services for him. But judging by the pics he's displaying here,it seems to be very neat though you cannot ascertain the mechanical aspect of the ride. I asked him what he needed in a ride and he told me cheesy so that's why i suggested he should go ahead with the kompressor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.