Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (973260 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jahjehova(m): 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
smartchoice: ATF for your transmission? wow....I hope not shocked

I mean stearing oil
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
thanks dearie
inze:

Welcome Back, Mr. Hanson
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
jahjehova:

I mean stearing oil
When are you coming to Ado?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
auhanson: thanks dearie
Hanson my w210 7225 gearbox needs your attention.... It does not change although it engages but it remains in one gear... Had water mixed with the transmission oil but drained it changed the filter...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by klint16: 1:59am On Jul 23, 2014
Mr Hanson my c200 kompressor brings out black smoke, anyway not that much. Please what might be the problem? Also before I changed my oil I found out that the oil has short n I was hearing kokokokoko from the engine anytime I run on the street, it only happens any time I throttle the car on a low speed. I don't kn if it happens on high speed cos all I can hear is breeze, then I quickly changed the oil cos I was suspecting it was engine knocking sound but after changing oil, I still hear the sound.what can I do to stop it? It makes feel like changing the car n I love the car cos she has been serving me greatly.pls anyone with experience in the can help.thanks all in anticipation. Waiting for solns.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 24, 2014
Hi I stumbled on this online if you're ever going to take the battery out of your benzes you must take out the negative side first and fix it last. If you not you might have to replace the rear Sam or sync stuffs like windows, ABS. ESP and moon roof.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kayoday(m): 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
@smartchoice @auhason
please I need a competent technician to help fix 1999 diesel engine C220 at Iwo town Osun State. Was told they bought bad diesel into it since then it wont work fine.
kindly recommend any one around or in lagos or Ibadan
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 05, 2014
kayoday: @smartchoice @auhason
please I need a competent technician to help fix 1999 diesel engine C220 at Iwo town Osun State. Was told they bought bad diesel into it since then it wont work fine.
kindly recommend any one around or in lagos or Ibadan

Can it get to Lagos?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kayoday(m): 7:47am On Aug 05, 2014
@smartchoice will call to confirm if it can get to Lagos.
where in Lagos are you based?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 05, 2014
kayoday: @smartchoice will call to confirm if it can get to Lagos.
where in Lagos are you based?

Am not in Lagos but I can give you one or two Merc experts there.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kayoday(m): 10:07am On Aug 05, 2014
@smartchoice
Can you give me the contact so I speak or meet with them. it might be possible to get a mechanic from them who might be travel to the location to check it out.
The car tokunbo from Belgium. Owner does not want roadside mechanic to tamper with it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 05, 2014
0803 722 0897 call

kayoday: @smartchoice
Can you give me the contact so I speak or meet with them. it might be possible to get a mechanic from them who might be travel to the location to check it out.
The car tokunbo from Belgium. Owner does not want roadside mechanic to tamper with it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hi I officially welcome myself to the family of Benz owners. I just took delivery of w203 C320 (2002). What type of coolant do you guys recommend I have water in the radiator now.

I was also surprised the C320 doesn't have a dipstick for gauging the oil physically it has a digital guage.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 11:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
cne010: Hi I officially welcome myself to the family of Benz owners. I just took delivery of w203 C320 (2002). What type of coolant do you guys recommend I have water in the radiator now.

I was also surprised the C320 doesn't have a dipstick for gauging the oil physically it has a digital guage.

really? I thought the e90 only had that "setback" so what in the world were BMW and Mercedes thinking when designing both engines!!
congrats again cne010
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
yungboss:
really? I thought the e90 only had that "setback" so what in the world were BMW and Mercedes thinking when designing both engines!!
congrats again cne010

Funny there is a dipstick port at the back of the engine my mechanic has one he uses said it's not a problem cos the dash board display reminds you when it's low and tell you to add a litre funny! I remember I posted a pics from his e class W211.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 12:31am On Aug 10, 2014
Personally I don't really need the dipstick. the digital guage is okay for me, it work pretty well. as for the coolant, I use TOTAL coolant. you will get it at any of their major stations. congrats and welcome to the club.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 10, 2014
danadam: Personally I don't really need the dipstick. the digital guage is okay for me, it work pretty well. as for the coolant, I use TOTAL coolant. you will get it at any of their major stations. congrats and welcome to the club.

Thanks bro would do that on Monday how many liters am I going to get?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:05am On Aug 10, 2014
cne010:

Thanks bro would do that on Monday how many liters am I going to get?

Congrats bro, snap pix make we see this fine benz

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 10, 2014
lomomike:

Congrats bro, snap pix make we see this fine benz

Would get more later when I have washed it proper.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:52am On Aug 10, 2014
cne010:

Funny there is a dipstick port at the back of the engine my mechanic has one he uses said it's not a problem cos the dash board display reminds you when it's low and tell you to add a litre funny! I remember I posted a pics from his e class W211.

Congratulations brother. This your instrument cluster doesn't look like that of a 2002 and if not that you mentioned it,i will doubt the year. Is it American specs or Germany?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
Eyop:

Congratulations brother. This your instrument cluster doesn't look like that of a 2002 and if not that you mentioned it,i will doubt the year. Is it American specs or Germany?

That's a 211 cluster
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
smartchoice:

That's a 211 cluster

He didn't read my post we'll that's from my mechanics W211 I would later be fitting the w209 cluster on my w203 and some other mods keep watching this space.

Mine is American spec.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
welcome and have a wonderful time with the 203.....please I need important updates on the cost of an sbc brake assembly, and w211 e350 transmission. thanks.

cne010:

He didn't read my post we'll that's from my mechanics W211 I would later be fitting the w209 cluster on my w203 and some other mods keep watching this space.

Mine is American spec.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
smartchoice: welcome and have a wonderful time with the 203.....please I need important updates on the cost of an sbc brake assembly, and w211 e350 transmission. thanks.

Would ask my mechanic on Monday

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
cne010:

Mine is American spec.

Oh! yeah i didn't read the post well. Congratulations once again...Cheers
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
Eyop:

Oh! yeah i didn't read the post well. Congratulations once again...Cheers

Thanks Bro
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jonaboy: 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
I'm glad this thread is alive again after so many days of inactivity. Congratulations cne1 and welcome to the club.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by gem70: 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hi folks joined the benz family in april this year c240 2001/2002... Have several long distance round trips and.. no problems so far..Can I have the contacts of a reliable mechanic/service company at Akure?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
gem70: Hi folks joined the benz family in april this year c240 2001/2002... Have several long distance round trips and.. no problems so far..Can I have the contacts of a reliable mechanic/service company at Akure?

They've helped a member on this forum once Nuel garage....its at Ondo road close to the Army barracks....No.:08034618074.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
Still on my new baby w203 C320 I was bored today I stay on the mainland around omole phase 1 and decided to fire down to the island and back to unleash the V6 and oh boy the car moves and turns I was meandering all through.

Here is the monster in question.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
My leather so soft interior got me feeling like lil Wayne also kept the engine temp on display any slight over eating would be caught.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
Got the car with 6 malfunctions. Left side mirror trafficator, Licence plate bulbs and few others my mechanic had spares and fixed all so when I park the car I see.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.