Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (973952 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
What's on whatsapp remains in whatsapp pls. No derailing this thread.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
You go block all our post, yet you still dey nag about the issue. Thank you inze, whats your point bro.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2015
Wow. So much grief, because the wrong brand was mentioned in a one-make Whatsapp group? undecided

I run an Audi Whatsapp group. Though human nature being what it is, other makes can pop up, and get discussed. Not because they are planned discussions, someone could mention their Honda Accord bust an axle shaft, and members could respond, either out of sympathy, or merely to proffer a solution to help out a brother or sister in need.

I'm an Audi guy to the core, and virtually everyone on Nairaland know that. However, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate other brands. I like good cars, regardless of make. There are Audi models I wouldn't advice anyone to buy (read through some of my posts). And there are Toyota, Honda, Peugeot etc models I may choose over an Audi. I am on Audizine, one of the most popular Audi fora in North America, and believe me, EVERY make gets discussed there! Members generally have other cars on their driveways, and in their garages, and they DO get discussed every so often.

Some who had seen my Toyota truck even asked questions about it, on shock, horror, an Audi forum!

I am not here to take sides, or tell anyone how to run their fora or other auto group, their admins are free to set their own rules for members to abide by. And of course, if any member feels the rules and regulations are too stringent, they are also free to ask to be removed, or not join in the first instance. I will NOT post any Audi content in the MB Whatsapp group though, unless I was asked questions that related to Audi. Just basic good manners.

But...censorship can break the best of car groups. I see no reason why a member of a one-make Whatsapp group or forum can't mention a different brand they may or may not have, which may have an issue that collective minds could solve. It's a bit off when a member of a group gets kicked out over something as mundane as mentioning a different brand. It makes a group appear like a dictatorship, too elitist.

Digression is sometimes nice, as long as we're not too singular-minded to truly appreciate it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
inze:

So,

What's your point?

Because i didn't get it after reading the above. Sometimes its better to stay mute than comment, ordinarily i wouldn't comment here

I the sender and he the receiver both deciphered ourselves clearly, so not necessarily you tapped. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lezz(m): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2015
leTrizzle:
Good evening house, got a good deal for a '97 class c230 and am hoping to seal the deal tomorrow, problem is someone adviced that I don't get one with air flow. Pls any advice on this and what should I look out for? Thanks in advance.
hello, all C class has airflow metre. I think what you're trying to say is airflow metre sensor which some the first models of '93 didn't carry.

Your '97 C class model definitely has an airflow metre sensor which makes it great on fuel consumption.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2015
lezz:
hello, all C class has airflow metre. I think what you're trying to say is airflow metre sensor which some the first models of '93 didn't carry.

Your '97 C class model definitely has an airflow metre sensor which makes it great on fuel consumption.

Used a '96 c180 Manual transmission without the sensor though
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lezz(m): 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
inze:

Used a '96 c180 Manual transmission without the sensor though
Hmm, are you sure. Cos by '97 some models are already fitted with the suck-in key
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
lezz:

OK, thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lezz(m): 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
leTrizzle:

OK, thanks.
You're welcome, bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.