Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,386 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (971900 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 19, 2015
Please advice me on benz E-320 Model 2003. I just bought this car.. please how is the maintenance and common problem of this car. how durable it is and others..
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
shamecurls:

Please! Any info?

Don't really have an experience with that particular car, but its a beast grin on the road, very large engine. just so u know its a V8, 16 spark plugs , 2 spark plugs per cylinder grin. A good ride I would say for those long trips. but you should inspect the car very well , since its Nigerian used, because most of us do not handle cars properly, plus our roads are terrible.
You should also try or check out the ML 500 its started production in 2003, its an upgrade to the ML 430. cheers smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shamecurls(m): 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
Thanks alot

dabosuker:

Don't really have an experience with that particular car, but its a beast grin on the road, very large engine. just so u know its a V8, 16 spark plugs , 2 spark plugs per cylinder grin. A good ride I would say for those long trips. but you should inspect the car very well , since its Nigerian used, because most of us do not handle cars properly, plus our roads are terrible.
You should also try or check out the ML 500 its started production in 2003, its an upgrade to the ML 430. cheers smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 3:14am On Jul 22, 2015
hamzatkayode:
Please advice me on benz E-320 Model 2003. I just bought this car.. please how is the maintenance and common problem of this car. how durable it is and others..

Very durable. In a nut shell, it is a very rugged car, but has some rules..one of which are premium fuel, but thanks to xft. 90 percent of this car problem is always about bad fuel, the remaining 10 about electricals.

Dont give it to kazeem electrician. Never join two wires of different resistances, else when the wahala start , dignose may be difficult as the low resisitant wire would always get hot at the joint and form partial contact, cutting signal flows that may not be suspected at diagnose. Endeavour to have spare fuel pump relay and OVP should incase they malfunction as you travel else wait to cool and continue with the journey, better than start unplugging things and changing fuel pump or other unnecessary expensive repairs. Watch out for the airflow and keep it clean too, good fuel or xft will maintain the life span of your airflow meter. Use the recommended transmission fluid , dont manage/abuse.

Always scan to know what to diagnose to elongate her lifespan. Avoid driving on flooded roads else you may spend hundreds of thousand on the ac components alone.keep to the rules,save a lot of bucks into your pocket. Don't always rush repairs as some issues may just correct itself with a little patience, such as sunroof movement, electrical mirror, radio malfunctioning etc. Just little electrical issues like this , if you bought the early models, but with the late models non.

On the overall , it's got some very good handling potentials and performances. Its has
100 percent cornering potentials
100 percent turgid suspension system with good, trusted breaking system
100 percent steering potentials and driving mechanics
very very engaging with strong , next to nothing durable engine system with timing chains(unlike belt), strong headers and cams and good cylinder heads.

With proper oil changes, engine last a life time.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 10:56am On Jul 22, 2015
auhanson:

Very durable. In a nut shell, it is a very rugged car, but has some rules..one of which are premium fuel, but thanks to xft. 90 percent of this car problem is always about bad fuel, the remaining 10 about electricals.

Dont give it to kazeem electrician. Never join two wires of different resistances, else when the wahala start , dignose may be difficult as the low resisitant wire would always get hot at the joint and form partial contact, cutting signal flows that may not be suspected at diagnose. Endeavour to have spare fuel pump relay and OVP should incase they malfunction as you travel else wait to cool and continue with the journey, better than start unplugging things and changing fuel pump or other unnecessary expensive repairs. Watch out for the airflow and keep it clean too, good fuel or xft will maintain the life span of your airflow meter. Use the recommended transmission fluid , dont manage/abuse.

Always scan to know what to diagnose to elongate her lifespan. Avoid driving on flooded roads else you may spend hundreds of thousand on the ac components alone.keep to the rules,save a lot of bucks into your pocket. Don't always rush repairs as some issues may just correct itself with a little patience, such as sunroof movement, electrical mirror, radio malfunctioning etc. Just little electrical issues like this , if you bought the early models, but with the late models non.

On the overall , it's got some very good handling potentials and performances. Its has
very very engaging with strong , next to nothing durable engine system with timing chains(unlike belt), strong headers and cams and good cylinder heads.

where do u buy xft. How much is it and how do u use it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:16am On Jul 22, 2015
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trafford(m): 12:48am On Jul 23, 2015
After helping my bros get d 2003 Mercedes C200, I was fortunate to get the 2004 C200 Model for myself. I'm not a pro like him. But I'm so in love already. Please add me to the whatsapp group with 08067752093 so I can get tips on how well to take care of the baby. Thanks all

@ GAZZUZZ @ SmartChoices @ auhanson @ eyop @ cne010
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 23, 2015
auhanson:

Thanks so much for d advice
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 23, 2015
[quote author=hamzatkayode post=36183184]

please, what is the xft, how can i get it and how do i use it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mane4(m): 10:43am On Jul 24, 2015
Hello fellow MBs, iv got this issue with my ml320 (03), fuel guage pin acting crazy & not correctly recording fuel in tank. Gone thru youtube & done the reseting (pulling of fuse) still same probs, once talked to a mech while in enugu & all they cud think of was the two resetting options. Pls help add to this 3pointStar group on whatsapp -

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chibecanglobal(m): 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
Comprehensive AUTOCHECK VIN history report in 15 minutes. Here www.nairaland.com/2462445/get-comprehensive-autocheck-vin-report
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:22am On Jul 27, 2015
mane4:
Hello fellow MBs, iv got this issue with my ml320 (03), fuel guage pin acting crazy & not correctly recording fuel in tank. Gone thru youtube & done the reseting (pulling of fuse) still same probs, once talked to a mech while in enugu & all they cud think of was the two resetting options. Pls help add to this 3pointStar group on whatsapp - 08033431512[color=#000099][/color][i][/i]

Its a known issue, not only with Benz but also with 2006 Camry,highlander etc and always with first model of other brand manufacturers too that goes sophisticated.

There is a little chip in the sending unit inside the fuel tank that normally gives clearance overtime and make reading riots and inconsistent. Drive into a pit and with a large basin , go under your car and empty the fuel by unscrewing the outer waste cover by the side of the tank under your car. After having done this, you could put your hand and uninstall the sending unit and unplug its cable to bring it out to to work on it. i.e carefully using a pair of pliers to carefully and softly hold the fuel reading chip that looks like a sim card firmly in place so that it could accurately be doing consistent reading before the situation goes worse and the car will be shutting down at quatre fuel

Alternatively, you out-rightly buy a pair of fairly used sending fuel unit in the spare market to replace with yours. it cost about 7000 naira for good fairly use type. You have to physically inspect to make sure that the chip of this fairly use one is firmly in place and that the second pair, the floater is in good condition too before you install and connect the cable to its electrical socket. Pls note that if you must buy, it must be the pair you are buying at that price

This is my sending unit that i out-rightly replace.. but i fixed the chip in that of my neighbours highlander and it worked.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 1:39am On Jul 27, 2015
auhanson:

Its a known issue, not only with Benz but also with 2006 Camry,highlander etc and always with first model of other brand manufacturers too that goes sophisticated.

There is a little chip in the sending unit inside the fuel tank that normally gives clearance overtime and make reading riots and inconsistent. Drive into a pit and with a large basin , go under your car and empty the fuel by unscrewing the outer waste cover by the side of the tank under your car. After having done this, you could put your hand and uninstall the sending unit and unplug its cable to bring it out to to work on it. i.e carefully using a pair of pliers to carefully and softly hold the fuel reading chip that looks like a sim card firmly in place so that it could accurately be doing consistent reading before the situation goes worse and the car will be shutting down at quatre fuel

Alternatively, you out-rightly buy a pair of fairly used sending fuel unit in the spare market to replace with yours. it cost about 7000 naira for good fairly use type. You have to physically inspect to make sure that the chip of this fairly use one is firmly in place and that the second pair, the floater is in good condition too before you install and connect the cable to its electrical socket. Pls note that if you must buy, it must be the pair you are buying at that price

This is my sending unit that i out-rightly replace.. but i fixed the chip in that of my neighbours highlander and it worked.
I don't follow.... Which car did you disassemble so?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 1:49am On Jul 27, 2015
weyreypey:

I don't follow.... Which car did you disassemble so?

The fuel sending unit of a Benz c180 that is residence inside the fuel tank, one part at the main tank compartment and the other part at the other compartment that handles the 1/4 tank and reserve.

This is what usually causes the riot inconsistent readings and final shutdown of the car at quatre tank when it got to its worst state.

I don't know how better to explain it than this.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 2:49am On Jul 27, 2015
activate your whatsapp pls

auhanson:

The fuel sending unit of a Benz c180 that is residence inside the fuel tank, one part at the main tank compartment and the other part at the other compartment that handles the 1/4 tank and reserve.

This is what usually causes the riot inconsistent readings and final shutdown of the car at quatre tank when it got to its worst state.

I don't know how better to explain it than this.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2015
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
auhanson:
who owns a cla 45amg here?

Its fun on wheels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4FGiaTc4Kc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkOfLn5vZTU

auhanson,are you now falling in love with the CLA45? Are you aware it is a front wheel drive?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
Eyop:

auhanson,are you now falling in love with the CLA45? Are you aware it is a front wheel drive?

Nop, its 4matic , the amg 45
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2015
Eyop:

Nop! its 4matic , the amg 45
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
auhanson:

Nop! its 4matic , the amg 45

I watched a YouTube video and they said the all wheel drive system isn't sophisticated compared to other Benz all wheel drive system. I don't know how true this is but I know the CLA250 is a front wheel drive. But it's the baby CLS cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:01am On Jul 28, 2015
Eyop:

I watched a YouTube video and they said the all wheel drive system isn't sophisticated compared to other Benz all wheel drive system. I don't know how true this is but I know the CLA250 is a front wheel drive. But it's the baby CLS cheesy

People would always have one thing or the other to say..I love it for the very fact that the amg version is the fastest 4 cylinder 4 door coupe with best economy ever produced,not even BMW m235 can stand it. For me, any thing short of amg is not acceptable for a car of her class(entry level Benz) You do not expect it to behave like the senior brothers , cls 4matic, nor s4matic neither gl4matic or GLE 4matic .."white hair get level" while your money speaks

Besides , the senior brother, CLS, na guzzler, "wey soup sweet, na money die on top" But this junior brother for the younger minds and leaner pocket, produces more horse power than most 8 cylinder car that guzzles 3 times its fuel consumption. Itsn't it amazing what magic Benz research and got out there with such star asthetic? That is , you eat your cake and have it again at the same time... Its worth celebrating
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 12:25am On Jul 28, 2015
auhanson:

People would always have one thing or the other to say..I love it for the very fact that the amg version is the fastest 4 cylinder 4 door coupe with best economy ever produced,not even BMW m235 can stand it. For me, any thing short of amg is not acceptable for a car of her class(entry level Benz) You do not expect it to behave like the senior brothers , cls 4matic, nor s4matic neither gl4matic or GLE 4matic .."white hair get level" while your money speaks

Besides , the senior brother, CLS, na guzzler, "wey soup sweet, na money die on top" But this junior brother for the younger minds and leaner pocket, produces more horse power than most 8 cylinder car that guzzles 3 times its fuel consumption. Itsn't it amazing what magic Benz research and got out there with such star asthetic? That is , you eat your cake and have it again at the same time... Its worth celebrating

So you prefer the 2014 CLA45 AMG compared to the 2014 C350 Sports?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lungwun(m): 12:28am On Jul 28, 2015
Eyop:

So you prefer the 2014 CLA45AMG compared to the 2014 C350 Sports?

I think the answer is simple.

One is an AMG, the other is regular.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cantab(m): 2:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
Respectable Mercedes gurus, Please i have an issue with my c200 kompressor (2002) model. The car engine doesnt rev anymore, when i start the engine, the pedal goes soft, down & flat as i trottle down. It all started when i drove past a pool of water, i do remember that it plashed water as i went past it even though i drove with caution at that point. The next day i tried starting the engine but the battery power has gone down, I engaged an auto electrician close to my house & he advised we support the 100 amps battery with another to power the engine up, which we did & the engine started, still the car wouldnt roll an inch.....Please Auhanson, Eyop et all, i solicit your expert advise.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by xmanace: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
My good people, I am also thinking of buy a C class 2003/2004 230 or 240 manual drive. But which is better V4 or V6 please advice.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by camaro(m): 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
xmanace:
My good people, I am also thinking of buy a C class 2003/2004 230 or 240 manual drive. But which is better V4 or V6 please advice.

Join the whatsapp forum and get detailed reply
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cantab(m): 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
@Camaro...Please how do I get connected on watsapp. 08095140805
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
cantab:
Respectable Mercedes gurus, Please i have an issue with my c200 kompressor (2002) model. The car engine doesnt rev anymore, when i start the engine, the pedal goes soft, down & flat as i trottle down. It all started when i drove past a pool of water, i do remember that it plashed water as i went past it even though i drove with caution at that point. The next day i tried starting the engine but the battery power has gone down, I engaged an auto electrician close to my house & he advised we support the 100 amps battery with another to power the engine up, which we did & the engine started, still the car wouldnt roll an inch.....Please Auhanson, Eyop et all, i solicit your expert advise.

Have you scanned the car? If you haven't,please have it done and if you have,what was the result of the scan?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 29, 2015
cantab:

I guess you might need a new throttle pedal, scan the car it would be revealed.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 29, 2015
xmanace:

Do you care about economy or you crave power!!!

Economy 4 plugs means you get to the pump and tell the attendant 15 litres.

Power V6 means when you get to the pump you tell the attendant fill up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.