Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,011 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG (49619 Views)

Petroleum,Gas Consumers Form Association To Protect Petroleum Industry Act,nnpcl / Breaking: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders / Breaking: Cooking Gas Consumers’ll No Longer Own Cylinders – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Niccoloimhotep: 8:30am On May 22, 2019
Useless government, you've not been able to provide phcn prepaid meter, you are delving into distribution of unsolicited gas cylinders. What a country
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Niccoloimhotep: 8:31am On May 22, 2019
Useless government, you've not been able to provide phcn prepaid meter, you are delving into distribution of unsolicited gas cylinders. What a country

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by kayzat: 8:31am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

I think what they meant is that , once you come, you take another cylinder of equal size. You don't have to stick to your own but there will be quarrel when you bring a neat one and an ugly one is given to you in exchange.

However, that's how it's done in the developed world.

This is exactly the practice in the 70/80s . We should carry an empty cylinder to total filling station and they give another one in return. They don't refill in our presence because most of the filling stations did not even have the means of refilling the cylinders.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Joshkid(m): 8:33am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

I think what they meant is that , once you come, you take another cylinder of equal size. You don't have to stick to your own but there will be quarrel when you bring a neat one and an ugly one is given to you in exchange.

How's that better than what we're currently practicin , I don't understand!
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by ashawopikin(m): 8:34am On May 22, 2019
FG and misplaced priority

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by sammyj: 8:35am On May 22, 2019
After I buy something with my money somebody go come collect am say because of one useless coming up policy!! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by FastF(m): 8:37am On May 22, 2019
A way of making more unemployed youth
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Sezua(m): 8:37am On May 22, 2019
grandstar:
They should pipe it to homes grin

This will be prohibitively expensive and logistics involved nightmarish.

Pipe ko, so that when i am cooking rice gas will now finish halfway.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by greenguy: 8:37am On May 22, 2019
Mumu people!

So of all Nigeria's numerous problems, my own cylinder that I bought with my money, that I use to buy your expensive gas produced on my father's land is your problem?

Why not make gas available and cheaper first, now you've won election you're looking for how to settle your cronies with shady contracts and make us beg for everything, even cylinder!

Na wa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Jamorezzi: 8:37am On May 22, 2019
Them go spoil business for this guys wey dey feel gas for my area . Chai
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by newandsharp: 8:38am On May 22, 2019
PRE PAID METER NKO?

THIS WILL NEVER SEE LIGHT OF THE DAY
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by cluewebhost(m): 8:39am On May 22, 2019
They would buy my cylinders?
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by kernniejay(m): 8:40am On May 22, 2019
Nigerian government and misplaced priority. Instead of the govt to channel it's energy on generating more Mega watts, providing best infrastructures to aid transportation, giving the best attention to the education sector, providing quality and enabling environment to help SMEs, collaborating with international organisations to provide world class health facilities, equipping the security forces better to combat kidnapping and terrorism and making life better for all Nigerians. Rather, the government has chosen to put the cart before the horse by neglecting basic things only to focus on junks.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by chiboy1116: 8:43am On May 22, 2019
grandstar:
They should pipe it to homes grin

This will be prohibitively expensive and logistics involved nightmarish.
u want to kill someone shey? This is Nigeria , we no Sabi maintain stuff , make dem no go blow person house cos of leakage.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by belshazzar(m): 8:43am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

just like when you buy bottle soft drinks
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by geezyk(m): 8:44am On May 22, 2019
Well, his is how it's done in developed countries, Even Cotonou that's our tiny neighbor does same, you don't own a gas canister on your own, once it's been exhausted, you'll return it back and you'll be given a filled up canister whether new or old, na your luck, but it's always changed once it's exhausted.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Mariangeles(f): 8:45am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

grin
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by WHITELIGHTER: 8:46am On May 22, 2019
This is what is applicable in countries like Libya...
Time will tell
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by mapet: 8:49am On May 22, 2019
Teacher1776:
Who benefits from this policy? The consumers or the manufacturers of the cylinders?
What are the problems created by the existing practice?
And by the way who are the cylinders makers bid to benefit from this arrangement? We need to know them.

1. First off, there is a problem brewing in the downstream domestic Gas (LPG) distribution sector. According to stats, we are about to have glut (over-supply) in the market.
2. Ironically, domestic gas penetration is very low. Why? few factors namely (a) cost of acquisition of Gas Cylinders. Simply put, if you tell Mama Nkechi to buy a Cylinder for N11,500 (while she's yet to buy gas in it) when she can buy Kerosine for N200 and get to cook her food, How do you explain to her that Gas is the cheaper and long-term sustainable option? (b) people still use firewood and Charcoal to cook. How do you tell the average house-hold that they need to free up wood for more value extraction and export; and that charcoal is dirty fuel?
3. If house-holders can be eased of the burden of acquiring gas cylinders, then they can buy gas in quantums they can afford, even as low as N500. To bridge this problem, govt is incentivising the manufacturers of cylinders , to allow them manufacture larger volumes and recoup their monies over time. (check the works of NCDMB and BOI)
4. Problem with existing practices? (a) Not enough scale (Gas cylinders in circulation are damn too small) (b) Many of the Cylinders are sub-standard and some need to be certified safe for domestic use (c) with not enough cylinders, we are likely to have glut in the market soon. If this happens, we will resort to flaring.
5. Cylinder Manufacturers benefits? Local sufficiency, jobs and local capacity to develop our Gas sector

Trust me this is still a long journey, but a worthy endeavour

4 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Edyice: 8:52am On May 22, 2019
OLODO people
OLODO policy

How are you sure you will be given what you like .

How can you connect this to every home .
Even with the high rate of individuals that use gas

And it not everyone that uses gas
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by AgreatMan: 8:52am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

No Sir. In developed countries, there is nothing like gas cylinder. The gas is piped straight to your kitchen.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Nobody: 8:55am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

Knowing our corrupt government it can go as far as charging us for cylinder maintenance fee grin
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Nobody: 8:56am On May 22, 2019
MyMouth:

This was how it was done in the 90s. We take our empty gas cylinders to the distributor and we pick another one. I don't know why the process was changed. I remember that time, u may go with a clean empty cylinder and come back with a filled dirty one or you go with an old and dirty one and come back with a clean one grin

Because back in the 90s, there was something called "trust" and human sympathy and empathy which is no longer in existence in Nigeria today. Now they will just collect all the new ones from customers and hoard them to resell them and won't even bother giving you an old leaking cylinder.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by rockstar27(m): 8:58am On May 22, 2019
bid4rich:
So, we will now be borrowing cylinder from the federal government abi?

oya mi lenu ooo ( i wonder ooo)
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by sheltergreen: 8:59am On May 22, 2019
Buyer: Oga I wan buy Gas?

Seller: How many KG?

Buyer: Give me 12kg

Seller: Oga, no 12kg cylinder o. Make you buy two 6KGs

3 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Atomtick: 9:00am On May 22, 2019
so cooking gas will now be like coca cola products. Liquid content only
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by emperorzz(m): 9:03am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

That is how it was done in the 80s...let me not say Nigeria is on rewind. You should be thinking of more sophisticated methods as a oil producing nation.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by UncleJudax(m): 9:05am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

What difference does it make? Who would own the cylinders in the houses of dealers and distributors? grin

Unless they have plans to pipe LNG directly to houses shocked...make this useless government go rest
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Nobody: 9:05am On May 22, 2019
Atomtick:
so cooking gas will now be like coca cola products. Liquid content only
grin grin grin
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Agugbadin: 9:07am On May 22, 2019
As an LPG user, what happens to our cylinders that we already have
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Tonytonex(m): 9:08am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

You know nothing. It's piped up to homes in the developed world.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by tenmariner: 9:09am On May 22, 2019
Teacher1776:
Who benefits from this policy? The consumers or the manufacturers of the cylinders?
What are the problems created by the existing practice?
And by the way who are the cylinders makers bid to benefit from this arrangement? We need to know them.

Its a needless policy that will create more problems than solution. Phasing out of local dealers is another catalyst that will make the policy fail in record time! U can just imagine a situation where u have been mandated to change your cylinder, u get there and they said no cylinder because government has refused to pay for the last one they purchased.. The so called cylinder guys can even go on strike just as our petrol marketers threatens us year in year out!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Captures & Destroys Armed Personnel Carrier Newly Acquired By Army / Ogbonnaya Onu Asked To Give Account As Ex-Minister Of Science & Technology / Buhari Pictured With Michelle And Barack Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.