Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG (49620 Views)

Petroleum,Gas Consumers Form Association To Protect Petroleum Industry Act,nnpcl / Breaking: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders / Breaking: Cooking Gas Consumers’ll No Longer Own Cylinders – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Agugbadin: 9:09am On May 22, 2019
What value does it add to the supply chain. Make our refinery work first and stop payment of oil subsidy.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by MyMouth(m): 9:15am On May 22, 2019
prince3009:

Because back in the 90s, there was something called "trust" and human sympathy and empathy which is no longer in existence in Nigeria today. Now they will just collect all the new ones from customers and hoard them to resell them and won't even bother giving you an old leaking cylinder.
Very true! Am sure some selfish distributors are already thinking that way. So unfortunate!
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by ishawlar: 9:18am On May 22, 2019
This people are so senseless i swear. 600,000 cylinders out of 200,000,000 nigerians. I hope the 600k is for one local government area. Stuuuupid

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by orisa37: 9:20am On May 22, 2019
Clumsy business.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by bycee7(m): 9:24am On May 22, 2019
Has this govt sworn to any diety that they must purnish citizens or they are simply daft?Do they actually have correct data of overall gas consumers in nigeria?What can 600,000cylinders solve?Is it for lagos alone or Abia?This is wickedness at the high places.Is the govt done with the provision of rural infrastructure,security,health care,et?.Do our leaders visit our airports at all to witness the heavy human traffic trouping out of nigeria for a better life?Yet they want to purnish the ones who are struggling to cope with their evil policies.Where is the food to cook before someone starts fighting for gas cylinder to cook with?Are they indirectly asking people to return to cooking with chaarcoal because when you get to a dealer and he tells you,no cylinder what do you do?Resort to kero?or try blackmarket?Presently,availability of gas and kerosine combined is still in short supply,yet they want to divert gas to foreign exchange kind of business. More like "If you must use gas, negotiate terms with dealer" abi?Maybe they intend to franchise it to a particular set of people as busines or compensation. Buhari,Kachikwu,Tinubu,Osinbanjo,etc una well done ooo.My joy comes from my firm believe that God has ultimate power over all the heavenlies and earth.God amazed the developed world talk less of mere greedy clueless african leaders such as the ones in nigeria.Its just a matter of when but surely nothing lasts forever.If there is no God,at least death comes when unexpected so for those who are using the instrument of power to sow wickedly,just remember that waelth and power and finances are all vanity.We nigerians are conquerors in all things,so we are just watching APC ,Tinubu and Buhari since we are helpless at the moment.Enjoy power while it lasts.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Nobody: 9:24am On May 22, 2019
bid4rich:
So, we will now be borrowing cylinder from the federal government abi?
Here in Europe, we don't own Cylinder
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by temielects(m): 9:26am On May 22, 2019
grandstar:
They should pipe it to homes grin

This will be prohibitively expensive and logistics involved nightmarish.
So all of us should now catch fire in the country lol..not a good idea for the current state of Nigeria.. it could only be thought of
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Zaikon(m): 9:38am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

I think what they meant is that , once you come, you take another cylinder of equal size. You don't have to stick to your own but there will be quarrel when you bring a neat one and an ugly one is given to you in exchange.

However, that's how it's done in the developed world.

Sannu analyst u hav don well...
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Bellotelli: 9:47am On May 22, 2019
grandstar:
They should pipe it to homes grin

This will be prohibitively expensive and logistics involved nightmarish.
Oga you want people to start gas pipeline bunkering... Hmmm this is Nigeria.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Nobody: 9:51am On May 22, 2019
9jaArea:
Ah! No one should bring one yeye or fake dirty cylinder to my house pls. If the gas will not be piped then this cylinder ownership I don't see how it will work.

You are right I know some dealers do this thing the FCT but the problem will arise when for instance they come to pick my current cylinder and drop a dirty one just like you said.

Except if they will bring theirs without exchanging at first.

I also don't like the part where government intends to disband roadside dealers, I feel they should be integrated into the system by some kind of merger and given loans to help them expand and meet standards.

On the cost of cylinders, consumers won't own them so they'll be no cost for the cylinders. All cylinders will belong to suppliers.

What difference would a dirty or clean gas cylinder make? what is important is the gas inside not the Steel cylinder, i would think.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by grandstar(m): 9:51am On May 22, 2019
Bellotelli:

Oga you want people to start gas pipeline bunkering... Hmmm this is Nigeria.

Na death sentence be that. Na suicide mission be dat
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Nobody: 9:53am On May 22, 2019
Zaikon:

Sannu analyst u hav don well...
what difference would a dirty, clean or ugly cylinder make? what is important is the gas inside not the steel cylinder, i would think
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Collinsanele: 9:53am On May 22, 2019
Teacher1776:
Who benefits from this policy? The consumers or the manufacturers of the cylinders?
What are the problems created by the existing practice?
And by the way who are the cylinders makers bid to benefit from this arrangement? We need to know them.

These are very smart questions you asked?
I won't be surprised if the government just wants to give some person or persons monopoly to manufacture cylinders for some selfish reasons.

To be honest, the federal government did not give cogent reasons for this new policy.

Why can't LPG be piped to the various consumers as it is done in many developed countries.

The federal government has just been making inefficient and sometimes nonsensical policies to bring more hardship for Nigerians.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by wealthdeejay1: 9:54am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

I think what they meant is that , once you come, you take another cylinder of equal size. You don't have to stick to your own but there will be quarrel when you bring a neat one and an ugly one is given to you in exchange.

It was like that in the 80's to early 90's. Mostly by total filling station, you go with your cylinder drop it and take a prefilled one and go away. The cylinders were always chained together then at filling stations.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by wealthdeejay1: 9:56am On May 22, 2019
gypsey:
What difference would a dirty or clean gas cylinder make? what is important is the gas inside not the Steel cylinder, i would think.
Even if you get dirty cylinder this time by next time you go to refill you can get a clean one.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by VessyO: 10:02am On May 22, 2019
This is a cumbersome arrangement. The government cannot achieve this because the framework for the implementation is not in place yet. As usual, this will just increase hardship on the consumers while the greedy dealers will hike up the price at the expense of the consumers. Inefficiency booting. #expectmorehardshipfornigerians#
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by czar2k16(m): 10:07am On May 22, 2019
DeLinguaMan:
The Federal Government says it is coming up with a policy that would remove the ownership of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinders from consumers.

Igbere TV reports that the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, made this disclosure on Tuesday.

Speaking at a stakeholders’ forum on LPG penetration in Abuja, Kachikwu said the policy would require that the ownership of the cylinders rests strictly with the dealers and distributors.

He said this was part of strategy to deepen the penetration of LPG, also known as cooking gas and address issues of safety.

Igbere TV reports that Kachikwu also disclosed that the Federal Government had reached an agreement with two original cylinder manufacturers to deliver 600,000 cylinders to LPG distributors on credit, with a pre-payment period of 18 months.

He said the Federal Government would in the next couple of days commence the clampdown of illegal roadside LPG dealers, while he directed all skid operators of LPG to immediately convert their outlets to micro distribution centres before the enforcement begins.

Source: http://igberetvnews.com/702442/breaking-cooking-gas-consumers-will-no-longer-own-cylinders-fg/

An unattainable dream.
Foolish set of people
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Nobody: 10:09am On May 22, 2019
wealthdeejay1:
Even if you get dirty cylinder this time by next time you go to refill you can get a clean one.
Absolutely! grin Nigerians appears to create problems were there are none. Ugly and dirty gas cylinder? should that even be a problem?

What you have articulated above is what they are trying to introduce, so people don't own the cylinders as their belongings. so dirty, ugly or clean cylinder wouldn't make any difference.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by homesteady(m): 10:16am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

That's how it's done in Kano, we just take our empty cylinder and exchange for a filled one.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by MosayA: 10:18am On May 22, 2019
grin grin grin
emerged01:

Pipe it homes?!!! This guy want to set Nigeria on fire!
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by uselesscountry: 10:19am On May 22, 2019
It won’t work. It has been tired b4
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by eyinola: 10:20am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

like cway water
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by dammyblaze: 10:27am On May 22, 2019
[I was hooing to see that it is piped to houses then boom the useless post.quote author=grandstar post=78600866]They should pipe it to homes grin

This will be prohibitively expensive and logistics involved nightmarish. [/quote]
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Denique(f): 11:23am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

grin
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by tonquendo4u(m): 11:28am On May 22, 2019
I no go even use their own. Nothing about Nigerian govt is safe
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by lorhema(f): 11:29am On May 22, 2019
It was the pattern till the 90s but I found that I changed my good cylinders for dented, rusted ones when I visited the Total station.

So I switched to buying/ exchanging gas from the young men around Shomolu. The cylinders at the filling station were not well maintained and were, to me, a risk.

I hope we won't go back to getting damaged cylinders in exchange for our good ones.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by AngelicBeing: 11:46am On May 22, 2019
mycar:

Gbam
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by CodeTemplar: 11:48am On May 22, 2019
VULCAN:
Mannabbq - The zombie that must always agree with whatever is done by this government.

So those of us that have invested in purchasing two cylinders, will lose that money because someone at the top has secured a contract to manufacture cylinders.

Come to think of it, you who claim to be running a grill joint, you should own two pieces of 25kg cylinder. So your money will evaporate like that.

But of course we here all know your only business is APC propaganda. That's what feeds you and your family.

Have you observed his BBQ business has no contact? Which serious advertiser does that?
For over 2 years now no contact, just an advert that leads to nowhere.

@Topic, I posted the news first but am surprised the mods turned a blind eye to give resident pay posters the chance of sneaking their propaganda.
It is very silly move to ask people to lose their cylinder because somebody must be patronized. I just bought a 5kg cylinder less than 3 weeks ago and this news means I will be in lone for another one just cos somebody needs to make money.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Nobody: 11:52am On May 22, 2019
next level of wickedness... apc goats, Buhari advocates.. crawl out from your stupidity and explain this
bid4rich:
So, we will now be borrowing cylinder from the federal government abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogbonnaya Onu Asked To Give Account As Ex-Minister Of Science & Technology / Buhari Pictured With Michelle And Barack Obama / Tiffany Trump And Boyfriend, Michael Boulos Step Out Together In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.