Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,408 members, 7,958,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:31 AM

Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum (34467 Views)

Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets / Lists Of Nigeria Governors Who Have Range Rover Sentinel / Kayode Fayemi Wears Bullet Proof Vest Under His Buba For Campaign. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by RevBright(m): 7:34am On May 23, 2019
Congratulations your excellency for the well deserved position
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by hajide(m): 7:49am On May 23, 2019
plaindealer:
It's just funny how people speculate and makeup stories about Tinubu when in fact the man is planning and heading in a different direction.

they are those who never ceased to be jealous of the man and see him as an obstacle... so they wail out of frustration
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by Iko5000: 8:21am On May 23, 2019
Idiot the so called flat heads supported Fayemi, so take your sorry self and Jump off 3rd mainland bridge . .
GeneralPula:
The Phlatheaded Pigggz won’t like this!
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by barinedan(m): 8:23am On May 23, 2019
What is the function of this so called Governors' forum when they can't advise each other to pay salaries?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by BENEAMATA: 8:23am On May 23, 2019
OmoManU:
Up jagaban but I won't vote for him if he contest for president
SECONDED
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by Stillthebest: 8:24am On May 23, 2019
Nukilia:

You're correct!

Nothing special about him. I used to like him but not after he didn't do much in Ekiti in his first time and as a solid minerals, he didn't develop even his state resources let alone Ng, then I see him as someone bereft of ideas just like his fellows. Fayose is better off politically but that one always tries to act like "Shebi I said it before"
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by superstar1(m): 8:25am On May 23, 2019
Tinubu wins again
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by GeneralPula: 8:38am On May 23, 2019
[s]
Iko5000:
Idiot the so called flat heads supported Fayemi, so take your sorry self and Jump off 3rd mainland bridge . .
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by AreaFada2: 8:42am On May 23, 2019
plaindealer:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9461137_5888701822102732490418866519717074942558208n_jpg0735e09c66bb15735f9803eee20e33ae

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9461138_5890994722102733923752054844093519222013952n_jpg42760b9790726f2d1fb6cb814ac31be0

At the end of the day, personalities and who is boy boy to this and that is never an issue in the SW, they are always unified and what transpired
in Abuha today is a good example of that unity.

There's always an elder and a leader in the SW and the folks you named and beyond know who the elder is, the elder they always call on to carry them across the finishing line. It's always about the SW.

There's a lot you don't know about Tinubu and the SW.
Like the way SW did not support OBJ during his first term? Or OBJ was from SS or NE and got SW indigenship for his second term?

I guess you know less about SW politics unless and until Tinubu.
When SLK went against Pa Awo was Awo a junior politician? How much did MKO and Akintola support Pa Awo in 1979 and 1983?

When Omoboriowo went against Pa Ajasin, was Ajasin a junior politician?
You guys often argue that SW play national politics, is sophisticated, do not put all eggs in one basket, etc. Now you also say it's all about SW.

Does that make sense if Awo could not be seen as leader by all and therefore lost election?

How true is that claim also if it took SS, SE and the North to give OBJ first term? It did not seem SW could come together then. Olu Falae clearly was not going to win. Without first term OBJ could not have had the second when he was now cunningly able to get SW support. Maybe you remember how OBJ withheld Lagos allocation to punish Tinubu.

Let me remind you that Awo, Ajasin and HRM Oba Sir Olateru Olagbegi were instrumental in launching Action Group at Aghofen Ologho. Over 6 decades ago.

I laugh at you to even imagine you know anything about SW more than me.

I am pretty sure you cannot mention a relative who was at the heart of Western Region politics 6 decades back.
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by Nukilia: 8:43am On May 23, 2019
Stillthebest:

Nothing special about him. I used to like him but not after he didn't do much in Ekiti in his first time and as a solid minerals, he didn't develop even his state resources let alone Ng, then I see him as someone bereft of ideas just like his fellows. Fayose is better off politically but that one always tries to act like "Shebi I said it before"

I never knew we have an unbiased analyst like you on this forum. I think you jut called a spade a spade! Thumbs up to you for this contribution.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by platinum131(m): 9:10am On May 23, 2019
AbaLion:

Ipob Loser, Let the pain flow through you.
I guess no northern governor voted for Fayemi. Igbos are on a losing streak and it's rather unpleasing and pathethically suicidal being yeeboo right now.
*spits

-Lion

From your comments you cant be more than 15...SMH...Nairaland and children these days..

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by platinum131(m): 9:12am On May 23, 2019
Yemi7up:
Now we understand Jagaban did not respond to him. This result is his response.

Did you not also read that El Rufai withdrew? He has bigger fish to fry..
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by farem: 9:20am On May 23, 2019
mr1759:
APC can never lose election in Nigeria anymore.

INEC

Your ignorance of bye-elections stinks!
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by adekolaelect(m): 9:32am On May 23, 2019
Alexis11:
E com be lyk say na only Yoruba people dey this country now. Nothing last forever sha.
hooooo sorry you too be contented with what you have. Bitterness, hatred and political sabotages.
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by ayomilore: 9:33am On May 23, 2019
This guy might end up becoming Nigeria next president.
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by fyneguy: 9:52am On May 23, 2019
olalat:
E go dey hard for Christian southerner to win against Muslim northerner my brother. That's the reason I'm so afraid for oshibajo. The joker apc have on ground now is, if not Tinubu, it will definitely be Fashola with the strong assistance of bubu. Unfortunately, that's the political reality of the country as at today. Pdp choice of candidate with determine the criteria to be adopted by apc. If pdp presents a tambuwal, or kwakwaso, a Christian from south will find it an everest to climb oo. The best option for apc in 2023 is Muslim Muslim ticket. Damn it, difficult but the joker.

Gej won in 2011 against Buhari and Nuhu Ribadu
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by Rumobaba: 10:20am On May 23, 2019
You are one of the macro problem we have in Nigeria
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by Rumobaba: 10:21am On May 23, 2019
You are one of the macro problem we have in Nigeria

OmoManU:

I supported and voted for pmb last election because between him and Atiku, because that's all we had but 2023 we need younger people, gimme Osinbajo or fashola or Amaechi or any younger and capable person and I will gladly vote them but definitely not jagaban even tho I'm a supporter
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by OmoManU: 12:35pm On May 23, 2019
olalat:
E go dey hard for Christian southerner to win against Muslim northerner my brother. That's the reason I'm so afraid for oshibajo. The joker apc have on ground now is, if not Tinubu, it will definitely be Fashola with the strong assistance of bubu. Unfortunately, that's the political reality of the country as at today. Pdp choice of candidate with determine the criteria to be adopted by apc. If pdp presents a tambuwal, or kwakwaso, a Christian from south will find it an everest to climb oo. The best option for apc in 2023 is Muslim Muslim ticket. Damn it, difficult but the joker.
Your write up is so full of senses. For me kwankwaso or tambuwal will be an easier opponent to crush compared to even Atiku. That's for me o. PDP should jejely stick to a Christian southerner. Or better still a Muslim southerner which I don't think they presently have any ranking Muslim southerner. But all in all I like jagaban but cos of age and massive controversies, I will just prefer him being a kingmaker forever
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by celeiyke: 1:13pm On May 23, 2019
benson1411:

Grow up... Tinubu didn't support fayemi because he knows fayemi has presidential ambition also. He wanted a certain returning governor from North to emerge.. Tinubu ko, aregbe ni... Do they belong to the same cacus?.. This is an early sign your demi God is loosing it

Please help me � it. Every keen political watcher knows Tinubu was against Fayemi but his me on Nairaland wants to claim he was behind Fayemi to mask his shame. He lost out in the CBN governor bid and now NGF.
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by celeiyke: 1:16pm On May 23, 2019
garfield1:

Celeiyke,respect your immature age.am sure when femi and lawan emerge victorious,you will claim that tinubu supported bago and goje.

U will ��� from here by June 10. We know ur type. Tinubu is gradually getting the back seat while El Rufai is waxing strong
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by celeiyke: 1:18pm On May 23, 2019
El Rufai nominated Fayemi and was even the person to have drafted him into the contest yet some persons are talking trash here

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by PureMind2: 1:49pm On May 23, 2019
I prefer tinubu to become president to any other person I don't even want hausa at all please save our life

Otopemovement for tinubu
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by mandarin: 2:10pm On May 23, 2019
AreaFada2:
In Nigerian political moves are always deeper than we the masses see. You need insider views often. Fayemi & Fashola are not exactly Tinubu's boys in reality. Both are potent rivals for the presidency. People the North could use to thwart Tinubu's (and even Osinbajo's) presidential ambitions. Fayemi's religion is particularly useful, if the North can somehow manipulate to clinch the presidential ticket. El-Rufai will want that. But it could prove difficult if PDP fields a SW candidate.

Even if the North concedes the presidency to SW, they might prefer someone like Fayemi with a smaller political structure. One they can push around after 4 years. Or gang up against if they see that he has grown wings during first term. If the North chooses Fashola as presidential candidate, they won't have a potent Northern Christian to be VP and carry the hope of the North. El-Rufai won't mind doing a Muslim-Muslim ticket of President & VP though. He has already done a dry run in Kaduna. He'll see Kaduna as a microcosm of Nigeria. He'll want to persuade SW that their relative Muslim-Christian harmony means religion is not important.

It will all become clearer around end of 2020. We'll see if Tinubu can keep his current closeness with Buhari going. We saw that around later part of 2016, he had become a bit distant from Buhari.

Tinubu's best bet is to stand behind Osinbajo for 2023. That way he'll appear truly selfless. And surprise the likes of El-Rufai who have always mistrusted him. Who believe his only goal is the presidency. He'll also remove the religious complication of the North having to find a Christian VP acceptable to Arewa. So that El-Rufai can become VP. Although El-Rufai could become a thorn in Osinbajo's side. More than Atiku was to Obasanjo. But that's a story for another day.

Brilliant.
The contest in 2023 is between Osinbajo and Fashola on one side and El-Rufai and AGF Malami on the other hand. Should Osinbajo be nominated to be president malami or RUfai will be the vice but if Fashola(think PMB) is more disposed to his choice) the notion of a Christian deputy will most probably tilt the deputy to northeast or middle belt. Like you said a Muslim Muslim ticket will sell big in the north.
If in the coming cabinet Fashola retains his portfolio and malami is moved to the villa these will be great signs. I believe the VP has proven himself and found to be comfortable in leadership, acceptable in southeast and south south and middle belt. It's a tricky combo but only God knows tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by olalat(m): 2:36pm On May 23, 2019
fyneguy:

Gej won in 2011 against Buhari and Nuhu Ribadu
Check you fact well. Gej did not win north. Buhari singlehandedly garnered 9m or 11m votes.
My assertion is based on my interaction with northerner. Religion plays prominent role in Nigeria politics.
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by Nigerdailytimes: 3:16pm On May 23, 2019
Since the September 11 2001 assaults on U.S soil by militant Islamic extremist group, Al-Qaeda, Muslims all around the world have needed to cope with stereotypes associating them with terrorism. Muslims are given additional attention in public locations like airports and train stations. But Muslims will not be the one ones who perpetrate terrorists acts, typically they themselves are the victims.

https://www.newsliveng.com/2019/05/23/top-list-deadliest-terroist-that-are-non-muslim/
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by AreaFada2: 4:16pm On May 23, 2019
mandarin:

Brilliant.
The contest in 2023 is between Osinbajo and Fashola on one side and El-Rufai and AGF Malami on the other hand. Should Osinbajo be nominated to be president malami or RUfai will be the vice but if Fashola(think PMB) is more disposed to his choice) the notion of a Christian deputy will most probably tilt the deputy to northeast or middle belt. Like you said a Muslim Muslim ticket will sell big in the north.
If in the coming cabinet Fashola retains his portfolio and malami is moved to the villa these will be great signs. I believe the VP has proven himself and found to be comfortable in leadership, acceptable in southeast and south south and middle belt. It's a tricky combo but only God knows tomorrow

Oh yes, Malami has to be in the reckoning. If he becomes Chief of Staff or even SGF, it would be really interesting.

You see my brother, when you dispassionately discuss politics, some people here cannot take it. They want you to take their narrow ethnic views in their "own favour".

Even back in 2014, I was arguing here on Nairaland that Fashola should become a "Super Minister" with Power & Infrastructure" included in his portfolio. Buhari exceeded my expectation. Although I am an ardent Buhari critic, I was quick to commend his choice of Fashola. Not becasuse I have anything to gain from Fashola but only in hope that he can build on GEJ's work should Jonathan lose. And to relicate his performance in Lagos. When Jonathan lost, we became even louder about Fashola getting that Super-Ministry. It looked impossible considering federal character and need to reward many party loyalist. BUT it happened. I did not go against Fashola because he's from SW.

Fashola's very modest performance in office has shown to me that FG is a very inefficient system. Even the best can wallow in mediocrity in such a system. It needs a complete overhaul.

In a sane country, Fashola should be concluding his first term in presidency now. Buhari has no business in Aso Rock.

I hope people finally control their ego, work in national interest and let's give Fashola a chance in 2023.
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by PeterKbaba: 4:52pm On May 23, 2019
Re: Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum by mandarin: 5:06pm On May 23, 2019
AreaFada2:

Oh yes, Malami has to be in the reckoning. If he becomes Chief of Staff or even SGF, it would be really interesting.

You see my brother, when you dispassionately discuss politics, some people here cannot take it. They want you to take their narrow ethnic views in their "own favour".

Even back in 2014, I was arguing here on Nairaland that Fashola should become a "Super Minister" with Power & Infrastructure" included in his portfolio. Buhari exceeded my expectation. Although I am an ardent Buhari critic, I was quick to commend his choice of Fashola. Not becasuse I have anything to gain from Fashola but only in hope that he can build on GEJ's work should Jonathan lose. And to relicate his performance in Lagos. When Jonathan lost, we became even louder about Fashola getting that Super-Ministry. It looked impossible considering federal character and need to reward many party loyalist. BUT it happened. I did not go against Fashola because he's from SW.

Fashola's very modest performance in office has shown to me that FG is a very inefficient system. Even the best can wallow in mediocrity in siuch a system. It needs a complete overhaul.

In a sane country, Fashola should be concluding his first term in presidency now. Buhari has no business in Aso Rock.

I hope people finally control their ego, work in national interest and let's give Fashola a chance in 2023.

The inefficiency in the system is abysmal! riddled with various sorts of mediocrity.
There are key factors in the 2023 choice. The mind of the President, my foresight tells me he will want a break from the past and overwhelming baggage politicians carry. He may wish to avoid Tinubu albeit craftily because of the advise of his lieutenants as to how they may not be able to handle a wise Jagaban. It may be conceived as a sour uncertainty to want to anticipate a certain direction 8years later if he's at the helm of affairs.
What of Osinbajo, a wise choice, with a Malami or Rufai deputy, the north can count on face to face maneuvering with the ACN group in APC and they position for next regime. Either Fashola or PYO will perform well, PYO has been building his base and Fayemi, a close allied of Fashola as governors' forum chair, he can negotiate. Another thing is Prof may not be favorably disposed to the Presidency at the end of this tenure or he may wish to play as a statesman.

The governors, serving and former may like Fashola and holding more independent mind that is also their former colleague but Tinubu will be a nut to crack in case of PYO he will loom larger. Let call it stop for awhile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy / Shehu Sani: Atiku's Kaduna Rally Invaded By Thugs With Swords And Machetes / Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.