Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Visiting Visa To The Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visiting Visa To The Uk (1024 Views)

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / What Is The Best Way To Get US Visiting Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting Visa To The Uk by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 26, 2010
Hi,im newly confirmed ET and working for a bank,a frend wants to invite me for his graduation in the uk with an invitation letter from the school addressed to me, i earn about 1.5 million per annum and would be entitled to go on leave but ryt nw i have js about 400k in my account 4 d planned 5days visit.do u guys thnk i stand a gud chance of getting a visiting visa?if not wat do i need to put in place.Thanks
Re: Visiting Visa To The Uk by justwise(m): 10:29am On Sep 26, 2010
ctrume:

Hi,im newly confirmed ET and working for a bank,a frend wants to invite me for his graduation in the uk with an invitation letter from the school addressed to me, i earn about 1.5 million per annum and would be entitled to go on leave but ryt nw i have js about 400k in my account 4 d planned 5days visit.do u guys thnk i stand a gud chance of getting a visiting visa?if not wat do i need to put in place.Thanks

Convincing the BHC that you have a strong tie to Nigeria is very important, that means that u will not stay back in the UK.

You need to make hotel reservation for the 5days OR ur friend need to prove that he will be able to accommodate you for the 5days.

The IV letter you talked about must be in the school letter head, stamped and signed by the school.

N400k is about £1.640.00 (today's exchange rate) that will be more than enough for you to stay for 5days here IF the ticket and hotel bills is taken away.
Re: Visiting Visa To The Uk by Vicjustice: 11:22am On Sep 26, 2010
justwise:

N400k is about £1.640.00 (today's exchange rate) that will be more than enough for you to stay for 5days here IF the ticket and hotel bills is taken away.
Logically the ECO might not accept that a person would be willing to spend his entire savings on visiting the UK and then be left with nothing when he returns to Nigeria. So pratically, his application would be refused on the basis of insufficient funds.
Re: Visiting Visa To The Uk by justwise(m): 11:39am On Sep 26, 2010
Vicjustice:

Logically the ECO might not accept that a person would be willing to spend his entire savings on visiting the UK and then be left with nothing when he returns to Nigeria. So pratically, his application would be refused on the basis of insufficient funds.
Hmmm,  . .good point there but then again there is no guarantee that he is going to spend all N400K in a week IF ticket and hotel bill are not included.
But u made a very logical point there, it all depend on what evidence he presented to ECO.
Re: Visiting Visa To The Uk by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2010
I'm not sayin i intend to spend all for the purpose of the visit,im js sayin dats all i hv in my statement.i cld spend half of dat 4 d purpose of the visit.The letter from the school wld be on the letter head.actually its my fiances business school graduation n i wld really love to be there.what other proofs can i show to substantiate my strong ties to the country?
Re: Visiting Visa To The Uk by Vicjustice: 7:00pm On Sep 26, 2010
justwise:

Hmmm,  . .good point there but then again there is no guarantee that he is going to spend all N400K in a week IF ticket and hotel bill are not included.
But u made a very logical point there, it all depend on what evidence he presented to ECO.
   It takes a great mind to accept another person's opinion when it varies from one's own. For this, i admit you have a great mind.

ctrume:

I'm not sayin i intend to spend all for the purpose of the visit,im js sayin dats all i hv in my statement.i cld spend half of dat 4 d purpose of the visit.The letter from the school wld be on the letter head.actually its my fiances business school graduation n i wld really love to be there.what other proofs can i show to substantiate my strong ties to the country?
As sad as it is to hear, you stand a great, very great chance of refusal: you'd need a special intervention to succeed as the ECO would need to act against protocols in order to grant you an Entry Clearance. I don't advice you to apply for the visa now, you would do better when you apply for it in future time with improved financial situation. You don't want to waste your money, do you?
Re: Visiting Visa To The Uk by sirmseen(m): 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2010
What steps do I need to take to apply for a uk visit visa. I have some relatives over there and I have been working for over one year. All I need is a checklist of necessary document I need to have in place and steps I need to take before applying . Would really appreciate this. Thanks.
Re: Visiting Visa To The Uk by joxiri: 4:55pm On Sep 28, 2010
poster wait and prepare your application better, because it is more than likely the embassy will reject you, as they usually only allow close family to graduation ceremonies
and just apply for a proper uk visiting visa

(1) (Reply)

Better Offer For Belarus And Sa Visas / Offer China Invitation Letter / Easiaet Way To Travel To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.