Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

'‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' (4407 Views)

Lady Drags Lover Who Impregnated Her And Fled. Photo / O / My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled "pic" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by MissyB3(f): 5:05pm On Sep 26, 2010
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L1Jvc2VHYWJyaWVsLmdpZg==&s=OS8yNi8yMDEw&w=600[/img]

Rose Gabriel

Delta State-born Rose Gabriel is heart-broken and feels like a ship abandoned in mid-sea. Her pathetic story could however be a lesson to other Nigerian girls who frolic with expatriates in the country because of the lure of the filthy lucre.

Narrating her experience to our correspondent during a visit to our office in Lagos, Rose recounted how she met and fell for a German named Ferdinand Evers. What she thought was love made in heaven later turned awry when he dumped her after getting her pregnant. Now she is carrying a four-month-old white baby, Gabriela, whose father has disappeared into thin air.

Twenty-nine-year-old Rose had met 41 year-old Ferdinand, a consular attaché with the Consulate-General of Germany, Walter Carrington Street, Lagos, early last year at a wedding in Lagos where the latter professed love to her.

Before long, the sweet-talking German proposed to her, and believing that he was serious she agreed to marry him. But Rose still had her doubts as she suspected her suitor was keeping away some things from her. According to her, “Ferdinand never allowed me to get very close. All I knew about him was that he had a son, but not married. He never agreed that we stay in the embassy. He told me he wanted us to rent an apartment as he wanted to settle down in Nigeria.”

Trouble begins
In December 2009, she requested for money from Ferdinand to enable her travel to Port Harcourt for the Christmas holidays. He gave her some money for the trip, but unknown to her, Ferdinand had perfected plans to dump her as he secretly kept a fleet of girls. “It was during that journey I noticed I was pregnant. I phoned to tell him and at first he did not believe me. He told me to go for a pregnancy test, which I did and confirmed to him,” she said.

But Rose said she was shocked when Ferdinand allegedly told her to abort the pregnancy, as he was not ready for marriage at that point. “I told him that was not possible, but he began begging and telling me he was not quite ready yet. I finally agreed and went to a doctor, who told me that N150,000 will be required for the abortion. When I told Ferdinand, he simply replied that abortion could not cost so much.
“We argued over the amount and after a while, he stopped picking my calls.

The day he finally did, he gave the phone to a friend, a Nigerian who called me a liar and thief who wanted to frame him up and get money by trick. He had said that an abortion won’t cost more than N10,000,” she said. Determined to prove she was not lying, Rose vowed to keep the pregnancy. By the time Ferdinand came to see her, four months had gone. She therefore rejected the money he brought, as she was not sure an abortion was safe anymore. But she said Ferdinand insisted on her aborting the pregnancy but refused to go with her to the doctors.

Police intimidation
Ferdinand apparently changed tactics when his several appeal to Rose failed. He decided to apply some force to intimidate her. One day, a police lady, said to be his friend, warned Rose to leave Ferdinand alone. The two of them had invited her to a private building on Victoria Island in Lagos where he reportedly told her that he wanted to pay her off.

“I decided to play along and I told him to pay N50 million. But he said it was too much. Finally, he reluctantly agreed to pay N10 million,” Rose said, but added that he refused to do anything about it.
During the second round of negotiation, which now involved her lawyer, Ferdinand began to sing a different tune, claiming he was not responsible for the pregnancy. He was said to have come to the meeting with a lawyer, who later reportedly invited the police to arrest her. She was taken to the Panti Police Station, where they both wrote statements and asked to return the next week. During her next visit, a police officer advised to take the matter to a civil court.
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by MissyB3(f): 5:05pm On Sep 26, 2010
Shortly after, Ferdinand invited her again so that they could “settle the matter once and for all.” Then she was in Warri. It was when she went to the bank to withdraw money to travel to Lagos to meet him that another trouble started for her. At the bank, she was told there was an alert on her account instructing that she be arrested.

“I was surprised and asked them what the matter was. All they said was that I would soon find out. They took me to the Enerhen Police Station where I was detained with my eight-month-old pregnancy. The next day, the DCO told me that Ferdinand paid N100,000 into my account following kidnap threats from me. I said I was not aware, and that if he did, it must be in respect of money to take care of his unborn child.”
Rose said she was detained for four days before she was transferred to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in Ikeja, Lagos State. By the time she was released, her lawyer advised her to take her case to Interpol as the matter involved an expatriate.

“Despite all I have done, Interpol, like SCID, has done nothing. They told me that they have sent my case to Abuja but the CP (Commissioner of Police) refused to sign the letter. When a police officer told me that as a security person Ferdinand could have talked to the big people in the police and I could not get justice, I got fed up.”

Drama at the Consulate
Frustrated beyond measure, Rose accompanied by a reporter had gone to the German Consulate in Lagos a few weeks ago. Even there, she met a very hostile Nigerian security guard, who insisted she produced a letter before she could be allowed into the consulate. When he refused to budge, Rose began to cry. She stood in the rain with the white baby strapped to her back and wept uncontrollably as she moved towards the gate. As if little Gabriela knew what was happening, she too began to cry.

Then a jeep with Germans in it pulled up in front of the gate and the black security guards went to drag her off to let them drive in. One of them, a female, pulled at her shirt and tore it in the process. There was a scuffle, but the Germans simply drove in without a care. But, some sympathetic staff among them told her to go and seek justice outside as they were not sure the German embassy would do anything if she had no help from a strong human rights group.

A friend of Ferdinand, who preferred anonymity, however told our reporter at the consulate that Rose’s estranged lover had been sacked because of his excesses, especially with women.

“Ferdinand had a wife in Germany and could not have married in Nigeria. Due to other sex scandals connected to him, the consulate deemed it fit to send him home. She is not the only one he offended sexually,” the source said.

Rose has however taken her case before human rights groups and is soliciting their assistance.
“I’m a Nigerian citizen and I have my rights. No Nigerian will try this in Germany and get away with it. I will not allow them to ride me in my own country. I appeal to all Nigerians of goodwill and human rights groups to come to my aid,” she lamented.

Source: http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/9099/37/my-german-embassy-lover-impregnated-me-and-fled.html
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by UyiIredia(m): 5:37pm On Sep 26, 2010
this is bad & pathetic >>> that the naive Nigerians will allow themselves to be used to disgrace one of their own is
uncalled for & bad_to say in the least angry >>> i wish i could do more >>> but i'm only an undergraduate for now >>>
but for me the lesson is learnt >>> i won't keep quiet when a fellow man is being oppressed in his own country
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by SAGoddess: 9:53am On Sep 27, 2010
Shit happens, the relationship ended, she has a baby to show for it, she must concentrate on taking care of her baby and forget about the man! Hell, she won't be the first and last single mother!

"Determined to prove she was not lying, Rose vowed to keep the pregnancy"

She kept the baby to prove she was not lying to her lover, she must live with her decision now, don't understand what she is crying about, really! I would expect a teenager to reason like Rose above, not a grown woman like her! Mcwwwm!
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 27, 2010
Silly, silly woman who thought she had hit the gravy train. These expatriates have wives and kids back in their home country and are just there to fook about because their wives wouldnt be able to catch them. Now she is a single mom. I know if the case were reversed and a Nigerian expatriate treated a German woman like that his arse would be steaming in maximum security prison. I guess we as a country dont care for our own.
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by violent(m): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2010
she got what she asked for. . .its just a simple case of attempted extortion, and she found herself at the receiving end!
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by SAGoddess: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2010
Shoooooo, and the baby JUST had to be super-white, doesn't look half-cast at all!  Poor Rose will have to explain the white baby everywhere she goes!

BUT Rose must get over herself now, she chose to have a baby!
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by JesusloveU: 12:52pm On Sep 27, 2010
White white white white people intoxication.I wonder while some of Naija people are so crasy about white people.Infact,expecially Naija home based people,these white people are nothing.They are mere human beings like everybody.But when some Naija people see them is like they see money and God.Most of the so called white people are poor and are looking for whom to collect money from too.I am tired of them here begging me for Marriage.Naija people are still the best for marriage.I am coming Naija soon to get my life partner.I love Naija ladies and my choice would always be Naija ladies.
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by peelovee(f): 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Rose has however taken her case before human rights groups and is soliciting their assistance.
“I’m a Nigerian citizen and I have my rights. No Nigerian will try this in Germany and get away with it. I will not allow them to ride me in my own country. I appeal to all Nigerians of goodwill and human rights groups to come to my aid,” she lamented.

Source: http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/9099/37/my-german-embassy-lover-impregnated-me-and-fled.html

Do human right exist in nger?

Rose u better wake up and start planing on how you will take care of urself and White baby u've got.
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by derolly(m): 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2010
OYIBO PEPPER! OYIBO PEPPER !! OYIBO PEPPER!!! grin grin
I BET SHE WAS WEARING  SIMILAR  SMILE IN THAT PIC WHEN SHE MET THE GERMAN GUY INITIALLY
POVERTY IS WORSE DAN HIV/AIDS angry angry
CHEI MAKE MOBO44 NO SEE THIS THING angry
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by Olami099(m): 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2010
chai,white man dey ride us 4 our own country,what has our country turn into?Corruption has become clothes 4 our leaders,May God help us.
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by MOBO444(f): 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2010
Good for her, who want a Black Nigeria woman as a wife, booldy gold digger maybe she thinks the German was some dull man.
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by chic2pimp(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Police intimidation
Ferdinand apparently changed tactics when his several appeal to Rose failed. He decided to apply some force to intimidate her. One day, a police lady, said to be his friend, warned Rose to leave Ferdinand alone. The two of them had invited her to a private building on Victoria Island in Lagos where he reportedly told her that he wanted to pay her off.

“I decided to play along and I told him to pay N50 million. But he said it was too much. Finally, he reluctantly agreed to pay N10 million,” Rose said, but added that he refused to do anything about it.
During the second round of negotiation, which now involved her lawyer, Ferdinand began to sing a different tune, claiming he was not responsible for the pregnancy. He was said to have come to the meeting with a lawyer, who later reportedly invited the police to arrest her. She was taken to the Panti Police Station, where they both wrote statements and asked to return the next week. During her next visit, a police officer advised to take the matter to a civil court.

Nigeria's Police 'We Love Money Too Much' Force never ceases to amaze me.

Back to the story, I would be lying if I said I left sorry for this woman. Most of em' know only too well that the majority of Ex pats are in it for a bit of fun(nothing more nothing less) and thus must be willing to bare the consequences if things don't go according to plan( as it is with this case)
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by luap: 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2010
Blah, Blah, Blah, Same old story, Guy takes advantage of woman, So what Don't you women and emasculated men get tired of all this , VICTIM stuff!!!!
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by adagz01(m): 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2010
What a beautiful lady! Pull yourself together life goes on.
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2010
they both went for each other's jugular

she came out worse off.Thats life.She should move on but with this revelation,am sure the man will own up and pay maintenance ,which in my view is what the 'bimbo'was after in the first place.

She is sleeping with a man without protection ,so as to ensnare him, Na money she dey target from the beginning

The Germans conveniently transferred the guy somewhere else,
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by Olami099(m): 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2010
Naawaaoooooo
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by hackney(m): 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2010
This one na Delta state (warri).
Go PH go see wetin dey happen there; 60yr old oyinbo with 16yr old sexy thing dey peruse anyhow for bar.
Every where for PH na the same story ; Big chicks for school dey follow only expatriates.
Them dey even play come UK ,play go back.
Serious issue but who you wan blame?
smallie dey find owo, Baba dey find sugar, before u know am : mulato.
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by chic2pimp(m): 3:04am On Sep 28, 2010
hackney:

This one na Delta state (warri).
Go PH go see wetin dey happen there; 60yr old oyinbo with 16yr old sexy thing dey peruse anyhow for bar.
Every where for PH na the same story ; Big chicks for school dey follow only expatriates.
Them dey even play come UK ,play go back.
Serious issue but who you wan blame?
smallie dey find owo, Baba dey find sugar, before u know am : mulato.
Make una silly beings no kill me for hia oooo grin grin grin
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by aaidel(m): 3:17am On Sep 28, 2010
this is some funny shit the woman is crying cos it was a german if it were a nigerian man would she be shouting she has right abeg make she go rest jor
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by teeboyseve(m): 11:55pm On Sep 28, 2010
Wow that's a beautiful baby, Just be a good mum to your daughter. With God all things are possible.
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by SAGoddess: 8:35am On Sep 29, 2010
. . . . .and what is the Human Rights Commission going to do about two consenting adults that made a baby! OP must just raise her baby and forget about the man, he is gone now and the baby is here to stay!
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by Ivynwa(f): 3:22am On Oct 03, 2010
I don't even know why the lady is making noise all over the place and having her pics splashed in the dailies and her reputation walked upon. She had a baby, if the man is not agreeing to take care of the child. Shouldn't she just work hard and take care of her child, it is her gain and not loss even though in our part of the world we look down on children born out of wedlock yet a child is a gift no matter the circumstances. She will still grow up to bring her joy and happiness. Let us quit all these our self-righteous and you-are-the-greatest-sinner-on-earth attitude meted out to women when they have children unmarried. Animals do not wed before they make babies for goodness sake and nobody looks down on them.
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by Nobody: 3:31am On Oct 03, 2010
It wont surprise me if later on this baby turns out to be one of Nollywood's "superstar". Just because she's mixed undecided
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by Nobody: 3:42am On Oct 03, 2010
Missy ★ B:

lol madam rose, your problem was not that he took you for a ride in your country . . . everyone in nigeria takes the other person for a ride anyway so why are you crying about rights even you do not have? Your problem was you saw this dude as your ticket out of poverty and out of naija and you thought you could trap him with a pregnancy. The fact that you both NEVER lived together indicates you were nothing but a booty call. Your claim now is probably that you want to be paid for having a baby and ensure your baby gets German citizenship period. Sorry oh.

The German consulate was quite smart, they sent the dude back to Germany or maybe another nation to continue his work in peace. They dont care about you. Move on.

Women stop using ur uterus as a quick means to riches.
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by chic2pimp(m): 4:02am On Oct 03, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

It wont surprise me if later on this baby turns out to be one of Nollywood's "superstar". Just because she's mixed undecided
I definitely won't bet against that grin.
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by Nobody: 4:11am On Oct 03, 2010
chic2pimp:

I definitely won't bet against that grin.
Atlease give her 18 more yrs abeg grin grin
See as you dey eye her already. o ti o
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by Nobody: 4:12am On Oct 03, 2010
Nigerian women seem to have a problem with the mixed chics in nollywood.  grin Subconscious resentment maybe?
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by chic2pimp(m): 4:26am On Oct 03, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Atlease give her 18 more yrs abeg grin grin
See as you dey eye her already. o ti o
Eye her ke? shocked shocked shocked. . . . . . you wan turn me to paedophile be dat ooooo shocked shocked shocked Olorun Maje e mi ko

davidylan:

Nigerian women seem to have a problem with the mixed chics in nollywood. grin Subconscious resentment maybe?
Oh no you did not just say that grin
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by Nobody: 4:27am On Oct 03, 2010
chic2pimp:

Eye her ke? shocked shocked shocked. . . . . . you wan turn me to paedophile be dat ooooo shocked shocked shocked Olorun Maje e mi ko

No be so? tongue

I know you nau
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by Kilode1: 4:36am On Oct 03, 2010
davidylan:

Nigerian women seem to have a problem with the mixed chics in nollywood.  grin Subconscious resentment maybe?

But they looff the mixed, abi na yellow nollywood men,   grin

I will not allow them to ride me in my own country.

Unfortunately, he "rode" you already.

I feel sorry for the sista though, abuse is abuse no matter the situation. I'm particularly disgusted at the way Nigerian Police and our people treat cases anytime a white foreigner is involved, this self hate is just sad, it's even sadder in her case because she's a woman and a Nigerian man will probably get away with this kind of act if he has money and power too. Either way she's effed.
Re: '‘My German Embassy Lover Impregnated Me And Fled’' by chic2pimp(m): 4:50am On Oct 03, 2010
Kilode?!:

But they looff the mixed, abi na yellow nollywood men, grin

Unfortunately, he "rode" you already.

I feel sorry for the sista though, abuse is abuse no matter the situation. I'm particularly disgusted at the way Nigerian Police and our people treat cases anytime a white foreigner is involved, this self hate is just sad, it's even sadder in her case because she's a woman and a Nigerian man will probably get away with this kind of act if he has money and power too. Either way she's effed.
Sorry ke? Dude, you only feel sorry for her cuz her plan backfired.The chic would probably be in Germany enjoying the high life had her plan succeeded.

Ileke-IdI:

No be so? tongue

I know you nau
Interpol if una dey read this, Ileke Idi Nla dey joke oooo. Make una no come jam me for house ooo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? / How Most Girls Now Hasten Their Guys Into Marriage... / So pained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.