Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) (20745 Views)

Protest Rocks UNN As VC, Prof. Charles Igwe Increases School Fees By 100% (Video / Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:52am On May 24, 2019
Enugupikin:
gburu gburu bu nno efi Igbo....no substance

What did he do?

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 1:23am On May 24, 2019
Kolping:
Correction:
Both Prof. James Ogbonna and Prof. Cyprian Onyeji are from Enugu State (Nsukka indigenes).

https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/23/charles-igwe-emerges-new-unn-vc/

Ok tnx....na you I quote before ooo...hahahahahaah..
Enugupikin mind can rest now..
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Agugbadin: 1:37am On May 24, 2019
[quote author=chily11 post=78660862
Why always Anambra?

Because the law regulating appointment of VC does not allow a non indigen of a state to be appointed a VC in a state, put it the other way you can only be a VC of a university located in your state of origin.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by emma321(m): 1:42am On May 24, 2019
Big congratulations to him... Biography of Prof Igew Charles
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Daniel2802(m): 2:01am On May 24, 2019
I honestly don't know why Enugu people especially Nsukka people are feeling entitled to the VC position tho. It's a federal university and honestly, I would have preferred an experienced Yoruba man. UNN has been in Nsukka for how many years now, yet it's still comparable to my hometown ni, that's if the latter is not even better.

UNN is honestly lacking various things, hostels are in shambles, security is very bad due to lack of street lights etc.

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by ikpuchinonye(m): 2:30am On May 24, 2019
Daniel2802:
I honestly don't know why Enugu people especially Nsukka people are feeling entitled to the VC position tho. It's a federal university and honestly, I would have preferred an experienced Yoruba man. UNN has been in Nsukka for how many years now, yet it's still comparable to my hometown ni, that's if the latter is not even better.

UNN is honestly lacking various things, hostels are in shambles, security is very bad due to lack of street lights etc.
where is your home town ??
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by ikpuchinonye(m): 2:36am On May 24, 2019
InyinyaAgbaOku:

What did he do?
Gburugburu was expected to have helped an Nsukka indigene to win the election just like what happened when chimaroke and Sullivan were in power.. Nebo and Bartho were the respective VC s and they are from Enugu..
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Daniel2802(m): 2:38am On May 24, 2019
ikpuchinonye:
where is your home town ??
It doesn't really matter at the point, UNN should just be fixed.

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by ikpuchinonye(m): 2:46am On May 24, 2019
Daniel2802:
It doesn't really matter at the point, UNN should just be fixed.
You shouldn't have made that nonsense statement in the first place if it doesn't matter.. Am not from Nsukka but Nsukka people are really cool,calm and civil.. it's not everyone that would have been patient like them all this while..Not minding the number of professors they have, they are yet to get the VC position and they haven't rioted.. Most parts of Nigeria wouldn't have been patience and calm all this while..

I hope that the new VC won't be like his predecessor that is a money bag.. He nearly wrecked that school because of his love for money.. Many students that I know schooling there really complained bitterly about ozumba..

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Daniel2802(m): 2:51am On May 24, 2019
ikpuchinonye:
You shouldn't have made that nonsense statement in the first place if it doesn't matter.. Am not from Nsukka but Nsukka people are really cool,calm and civil.. it's not everyone that would have been patient like them all this while..Not minding the number of professors they have, they are yet to get the VC position and they haven't rioted.. Most parts of Nigeria wouldn't have been patience and calm all this while..

I hope that the new VC won't be like his predecessor that is a money bag.. He nearly wrecked that school because of his love for money.. Many students that I know schooling there really complained bitterly about ozumba..
I'm a firm believer of getting the right person for the job tho irrespective of tribe and all. It's a federal school, it's nobody's property irrespective of the number of professors. I know lots of SUG, Departmental, Faculty aspirants that have been asked to step down, simply because they're not from Nsukka, I guess it's a two way thing.

You're right on the last part tho, UNN needs better fixing.

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by ikpuchinonye(m): 3:03am On May 24, 2019
Daniel2802:
I'm a firm believer of getting the right person for the job tho irrespective of tribe and all. It's a federal school, it's nobody's property irrespective of the number of professors. I know lots of SUG, Departmental, Faculty aspirants that have been asked to step down, simply because they're not from Nsukka, I guess it's a two way thing.

You're right on the last part tho, UNN needs better fixing.
Am seeing the bolded for the first time..From the information I had, only one person from Nsukka have been the SUG president since SUG was formed in the university..
Don't know how true your claims are..

Congrats to professor igwe..Hoping to see him transform the university for better.. ozumba needs to be probed by Efcc, that man the is worst UNN VC..

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:39am On May 24, 2019
ikpuchinonye:

UNN does not owe the people of Nsukka anything. Anything at all. They should be happy the school was built on their land and the school put Nsukka on the map as a destination - else Nsukka would just be an irrelevant agrarian community nobody cares about. I don't understand that mentality. Why would Nsukka people presume the school somehow owes them anything? Did they build the school? Does the school belong to them?

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by ikpuchinonye(m): 4:02am On May 24, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

UNN does not owe the people of Nsukka anything. Anything at all. They should be happy the school was built on their land and the school put Nsukka on the map as a destination - else Nsukka would just be an irrelevant agrarian community nobody cares about. I don't understand that mentality. Why would Nsukka people presume the school somehow owes them anything? Did they build the school? Does the school belong to them?[/s]
claptraps!! Nobody in this life owes anybody anything not even your parents.. The same way that nobody owes the igbos the presidency but in all fairness we all know that igbos deserve the presidency for the being part of this country and have contributed to its development. The same thing is what Nsukka indigenes are saying, the university is in their town and they have contributed to the the university as well.. In equity and fairness, they deserve to produce the VC of the University in.. Nobody is saying is their right to produce the VC..

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by xrayz(m): 4:02am On May 24, 2019
Kolping:
Nsukka – The contest for the 15th Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN, has, today, ended with Prof. Charles Igwe emerging the new VC.

Igwe, who jostled for the position with other 64 professors, emerged the best after a thorough screening constituted by the UNN Governing Council. He is a professor of Soil Science, Faculty of Agriculture.

Confirming the development, the Deputy Registrar of the Governing Council, Charles Ebizie, however said that Prof. James Ogbonna came second while Prof. Cyprian Onyeji took the third position. He described the processes that produced Igwe as free and fair.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/breaking-prof-charles-igwe-becomes-unns-new-vc/

Prof. James Ogbonna is the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academics, University of Nigeria and is from Enugu State.
Prof. Cyprian Onyeji is the former Vice-Chancellor of Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), Enugu and is from Enugu State.
This is what happens when we bring bad politics into every thing we do, a true replica of what is going on in the country.All these while, pro.Ogbonna was never mentioned among d front runners but from no where, he was named the VC.what do I know?maybe we should ask d outgoing prof how his brother succeeded him.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Archtype(m): 4:10am On May 24, 2019
I
Obi1kenobi:

UNN is a Federal Uni in Enugu state, not the property of the Enugu State Govt. What difference does it make to the school whether the VC is from Enugu or not? In my first year in UNN, they insulted a long list of eminent professors competing for the post of VC, who had spent decades in the school, to hand the VC post to Nebo who was not even a staff of the school - probably because of Enugu politics. This is why other tribes accuse Igbos of being very clannish even amongst each other. So Anambra or Imo Professors who have spent decades in UNN contributing their quota to its development should somehow be barred from being VC. Because Enugu people built UNN, abi?
I wonder oo...why are Igbos even divided, they have even forgotten that the UNN they are talking about was brought by Nnamdi Azikiwe who is not even from Nsukka but a detribal Nigerian

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:24am On May 24, 2019
ikpuchinonye:
claptraps!! Nobody in this life owes anybody anything not even your parents.. The same way that nobody owes the igbos the presidency but in all fairness we all know that igbos deserve the presidency for the being part of this country and have contributed to its development. The same thing is what Nsukka indigenes are saying, the university is in their town and they have contributed to the the university as well.. In equity and fairness, they deserve to produce the VC of the University in.. Nobody is saying is their right to produce the VC..

What special thing have Nsukka people contributed to the University? That something is sited in your locale doesn't mean you have contributed anything to it. UNN brings plenty of benefits to Nsukka people and the Nsukka community. If you wanted to shift the university from their land, they will riot. And there are hundreds of communities in Enugu or Igbo land which would be delighted to host the university if Nsukka people think it is a liability for them. The very presence of the university in Nsukka is a gift to Nsukka people, so which other extra gift are they owed for hosting a university? The choice of VC should purely be a meritocracy, reserving the post for the best qualified candidate with the antecedents and experience to steward the institution in the right direction. I'm sick of silly, clannish politics in Nigeria which is not productive in anyway. Nsukka people do not own UNN and UNN owes them absolutely nothing.

Like I said before, this petty clannishness is more common among Ndigbo b'anyi than other tribes. UI and Unilag's VC's are from Osun. OAU's VC is from Ondo. Does anybody really care about that in Yoruba land? That's how we disgraced ourselves 2 years ago when Ahiara/Mbaise people ran mad because an Anambra man was appointed their Bishop.

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by chinwezdasilva: 4:29am On May 24, 2019
chily11:
Why always Anambra?

Me laughing at NSK people...
You re one the problem Nigeria is facing, so if there's no Nsukka indigene qualified for dat post we should leave d skul in that state till an indigene of Nsukka is qualified abi

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 6:30am On May 24, 2019
chily11:
Why always Anambra?

Me laughing at NSK people...

Shut up
The process was straight without bias.

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 6:31am On May 24, 2019
chibu4u2:
All this Anambra indigene VC, that’s how ozumba came, increased school and laptop fees as well as other fees and made life miserable for many.

Don't be tribalistic.

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 6:36am On May 24, 2019
Enugupikin:
gburu gburu bu nno efi Igbo....no substance

Why this hate brother.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 6:36am On May 24, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
Gbugburu is a scam to nsk elites
Unn Politics played as usual

Igbo is igbo....

Don't be a bigot

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 6:38am On May 24, 2019
Analysiscorner:

You mean ehi awụsa?

Imagine
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 6:44am On May 24, 2019
fergie001:
I like what is happening since the Governors want to be stupid....
Imo went to NAU
Afikpo went to MOUAU
Imo went to FUNAI
Anambra went to UNN

But dem no born dem well for FUTO....

Cc:
Enugupikin,temptee101,optimisprime08
Sorry oooo....una do us too for MOUAU last term...Pele

Ignorance

The longest serving vice chancellor of futo was prof. C o G obah from anambra...who served for 10yrs uninterrupted

If not for the death of former prof onwuagba, the current vc won't smell thhat seat.

Even him and minster of education knows that

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 6:48am On May 24, 2019
fergie001:

Senatordave1 lai lai...
Do you know how man Professors FUTO have?
Imo has the highest number of institutions and Professors in SE Nigeria.......
In FUTO or NEKEDE...VC or rector-ship is by Senatorial Zone...
No use those people play oooo

Another lie.
Why did the former and recent came from same zone.

Mostly high ranking professor futo na from anambra..

Go and verify even in their engineering department.

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 6:50am On May 24, 2019
Temptee101:

How that fat fool became a governor is still a misery to me. During Sullivan chime and Chimaroke Nnamani's tenure, they made sure the position of V.C never left Enugu state.

The reverse is the case under this fat dirty pig that only knows how to eat and defecate at every given chance

No meaningful development in nsukka since he became governor. I forever curse the day he became governor of my beloved state

See pain

Are we not one again.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 6:53am On May 24, 2019
Enugupikin:

gburu gburu should have rigged it...how come sef imo is vc in funai and and Ebonyi vc in Mou..yet Enugu has non in unizik or even futo.. nonsense

Are u guys educated

We are one and represent any of our brothers shortfall

Igbo bu ofu.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Enugupikin: 7:01am On May 24, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Are u guys educated
We are one and represent any of our brothers shortfall
Igbo bu ofu.
Edo boy get out of here..
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 7:03am On May 24, 2019
Enugupikin:

Edo boy get out of here..
Igbo is igbo
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Enugupikin: 7:15am On May 24, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Igbo is igbo
nothing concerns u for Igbo mata....dey ur lane and mind your tribe
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 7:30am On May 24, 2019
Enugupikin:

nothing concerns u for Igbo mata....dey ur lane and mind your tribe

We are one brother.

Let Igwe lead us.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 8:30am On May 24, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Another lie.
Why did the former and recent came from same zone.

Mostly high ranking professor futo na from anambra..

Go and verify even in their engineering department.
Don't rush to make out-of-tune statements...go to page 2...I have answered this question up there....

Ignore ASUU’s Demands, NASU, NAAT, SSANU Tell FG / JAMB Launches Free Online Practice Test Platform / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Exercise Board (official Page)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75