Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) (20754 Views)

Protest Rocks UNN As VC, Prof. Charles Igwe Increases School Fees By 100% (Video / Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 8:40am On May 24, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Ignorance

The longest serving vice chancellor of futo was prof. C o G obah from anambra...who served for 10yrs uninterrupted

If not for the death of former prof onwuagba, the current vc won't smell thhat seat.

Even him and minster of education knows that
You are Edo....yours is to come online and mess the place up with foul languages...
Obah was there when?
As 3rd VC...in the '90s.......during the days of the Military where fiate was right.

Don't go to your Google and throw around words....

I would keep you silent if you quote me without decorum....
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by ilohvictor(m): 8:41am On May 24, 2019
Enugupikin:

Fvck them all... gburu gburu is a fat ezhi

nsukka breed. this one pain una
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 8:46am On May 24, 2019
fergie001:

You are Edo....yours is to come online and mess the place up with foul languages...
Obah was there when?
As 3rd VC...in the '90s.......during the days of the Military where fiate was right.

Don't go to your Google and throw around words....

I would keep you silent if you quote me without decorum....

You still a child that's lacks proper grounding.

It took the intervention of Okorocha before education ministry accepted the current V C If not chukwuma would have taken it..
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 8:47am On May 24, 2019
fergie001:

Don't rush to make out-of-tune statements...go to page 2...I have answered this question up there....

Stop typing trash when u not on ground.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Temptee101(m): 8:51am On May 24, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

UNN is a Federal Uni in Enugu state, not the property of the Enugu State Govt. What difference does it make to the school whether the VC is from Enugu or not? In my first year in UNN, they insulted a long list of eminent professors competing for the post of VC, who had spent decades in the school, to hand the VC post to Nebo who was not even a staff of the school - probably because of Enugu politics. This is why other tribes accuse Igbos of being very clannish even amongst each other. So Anambra or Imo Professors who have spent decades in UNN contributing their quota to its development should somehow be barred from being VC. Because Enugu people built UNN, abi?
You don't get it, do you? How do you want me to come to terms with the fact that no Nsukka indigene has ever become V.C in UNN despite having the highest number of professors and being the most educated in Enugu state.

This is simply unacceptable and a huge injustice before God and man

Mind you, this is the 15th UNN V.C, the most useless crying garrulous idiot we have as a governor should have stood his ground as an nsukka man he is. Like they say a leopard can never change its skin. A coward/fool shall forever remain a coward

I'm ashamed to call him an Nsukka man
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 8:53am On May 24, 2019
Osagyefo98:

It took the intervention of Okorocha before education ministry accepted the current V C If not chukwuma would have taken it..
We know your type....
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 8:53am On May 24, 2019
Osagyefo98:

We know your type.... grin
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Temptee101(m): 8:54am On May 24, 2019
Osagyefo98:

See pain

Are we not one again.
So no Nsukka man is good enough to become the V.C

This is the 15th V.C in UNN and nsukka has never produced V.C despite having so many professors

It's official, Nsukka has an outcast as a son
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 8:58am On May 24, 2019
Temptee101:

Don't talk that way.

Is the VC not an igbo son...

Don't segregate against him please
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 8:58am On May 24, 2019
fergie001:

We know your type....

Stale
Come let me brief u on final points of giving valid information.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 8:59am On May 24, 2019
Temptee101:

This is the 15th V.C in UNN and nsukka has never produced V.C despite having so many professors

And don't forget this is a Federal University.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 9:03am On May 24, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Stale
Come let me brief u on final points of giving valid information.
I hear you....Omambala-Igbo cheesy
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 9:05am On May 24, 2019
fergie001:

I hear you....Omambala-Igbo cheesy

Thank you sire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by StellarThesis: 9:12am On May 24, 2019
Temptee101:

How that fat fool became a governor is still a misery to me. During Sullivan chime and Chimaroke Nnamani's tenure, they made sure the position of V.C never left Enugu state.

The reverse is the case under this fat dirty pig that only knows how to eat and defecate at every given chance

No meaningful development in nsukka since he became governor. I forever curse the day he became governor of my beloved state

last I checked its University of Nigeria not university of Nsukka
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by chibu4u2(m): 9:18am On May 24, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Don't be tribalistic.
Am not, as a matter of fact am from Anambra state as well, Aguleri to be precise so am not tribalistic. Am an alumnus of UNN so am speaking from experience.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:28am On May 24, 2019
Temptee101:

You don't get it, do you? How do you want me to come to terms with the fact that no Nsukka indigene has ever become V.C in UNN despite having the highest number of professors and being the most educated in Enugu state.

Mind you, this is the 15th UNN V.C, the most useless crying garrulous idiot we have as a governor should have stood his ground as an nsukka man he is. Like they say a leopard can never change its skin. A coward/fool shall forever remain a coward

So what? There are 17 local governments in Enugu and 95 local governments in the SE in total. The overwhelming majority haven't had a VC in UNN either. No Imo man has ever been VC in Nsukka despite Imo being the most educated state in the country with the most Professors, plenty of whom are in UNN. No Ebonyi man has ever been VC either. Infact the VC doesn't even have to come from the SE, or even be Igbo. Afterall, Unilag and UI have had Igbo VC's before. My Yoruba Professor in UNN should be able to compete too.
You don't seem to get my point either. UNN does not belong to Nsukka people or Enugu people. They did not build the school. They are not entitled to anything just because the school was sited in their land. An Nsukka Professor has no greater entitlement to being VC than an Idemili or Mbaise or Ngwa or Afikpo or Anioma person or whoever. Clannish politics like that doesn't belong in a top Federal University.

This article about the Nsukka agitation pretty much represents my own views:
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/unn-the-search-for-new-vc/
It's not enough that Enugu people finally got VC's with Nebo and Bartho Okolo after they kept on disturbing everybody. Now we must also cater to Nsukka agitation. Where does it end?

1 Like

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by garfield1: 9:34am On May 24, 2019
fergie001:

Senatordave1 lai lai...
Do you know how man Professors FUTO have?
Imo has the highest number of institutions and Professors in SE Nigeria.......
In FUTO or NEKEDE...VC or rector-ship is by Senatorial Zone...
No use those people play oooo
Futo no get profs pass UNN.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 9:56am On May 24, 2019
chibu4u2:

Am not, as a matter of fact am from Anambra state as well, Aguleri to be precise so am not tribalistic. Am an alumnus of UNN so am speaking from experience.

That's ozumba, Igwe might be lot better.

Are we not igbos again??

Why this selective discrimination.

1 Like

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Summerbody: 10:37am On May 24, 2019
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by chibu4u2(m): 10:58am On May 24, 2019
Osagyefo98:

That's ozumba, Igwe might be lot better.

Are we not igbos again??

Why this selective discrimination.
True talk!
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by urchmanio(m): 12:17pm On May 24, 2019
I took time to go through the comments, I was not disappointed at all with the comments of young and suppose enlighten youths where busy discussing; Is from Anambra or Imo, Enugu governor is a fool.
Indeed Ethnicity bigotry has become a cankerworm that has eaten deep in the fabrics of this nation, this is exactly what plays out in our politics today, where merits has been swept under the carpet, nobody asks whether he is capable to deliver the job but rather where is he from, we shouldn't be playing the same religious/ethnic game that our fathers played.
My problem in this thread, Is that the igbo' s are even divided among themselves, that's the reason why I usually laugh when I hear them talk about the creation of Biafra, A divided people can never achieve anything in common.

1 Like

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by bettermandate80(m): 3:59pm On May 24, 2019
garfield1:

But ozumba and barth nnaji were from enugu
Prof Ozumba is from Abba, Njikoka LG of Anambra state
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Pchizy: 4:44pm On May 24, 2019
Congrats to the New VC. Grace to deliver positively and not just ceremonial.

Let me quickly say, if I'm from Nsukka, I may likewise, speak like the rest.
On what reasons?
1: Sentiment
2: Fear of unknown e.g Dominion
3: Not exposed
Now, it pains when the so called educated ones will follow to talk in a such a manner.
No concern for Competency
Just about mine mine.
Haven't you asked, the processes for electing them?
Haven't you imagine that there are lots of Nsukka Profs in the Governing Council that voted him in?
Do you know what the community are gaining? House rent, employment, marketing, transport etc Be appreciative.
I have a whole lots of NSK friend, physically do talk to them. I would have cried to even ask why the community refused to develop since 1960 the institution has been there. You never knew the opportunity you people have. Think on these well. These kind of reasonings answers a lot.
Are you aware that UNN is Fed institution located in Nsukka. Not a private property?
What academic and protocol valid points to back your assertion?
Do you know the meaning of UNN?
Are you aware that UNN does not mean UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA?
It is not U.N.N but UN.N (UN iversity of N igeria).
Are you aware that we have about 4 different campuses of the University?
One located in Enugu is called University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus.
One at Nsukka is called University of Nigeria, Nsukka (Campus).
To clarify further, check the attached pix.
UNN website and Certificate , you won't see any bold written community there. In cert, it will only be stated where it was awarded.
Let's be educative and think on how the VC will perform best; not sentiments.
When you get all these and more clear, one day, NSK guru will become the VC.
Maka Ezechidoke abịama, stop calling your Governor names.

1 Like

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Crayola1: 4:46pm On May 24, 2019
Temptee101:

Nigerians complain about not being a meritocracy and demand an oligarchy/nepotism. For some reason they are surprised that nothing works like it should.

What exactly do you want? Do you know how many Universities in the US have leaders from far flung places? Should Bostonians complain because the chancellor of Harvard is not from Boston? Especially if they are doing a damn good job?

Instead of demanding critical repairs to facilities, more funding for departments, and God knows that Nigerian universities are just lacking in everything the 21st century demands....you are demanding a local be in charge.

Not a talented individual. Not a qualified individual. Not even someone with big ideas and a passion for reform.

Are you mad? The ceiling in some of the hostels are collapsing in on some poor unlucky student and this is the hill you die on?

1 Like

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by hausadreturn(m): 3:02am On Jun 03, 2019
Interesting. This man lived in Odim Street back then, as his son and I were set mates in secondary school. I never got to see him though.

Wish him good luck.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by hausadreturn(m): 3:05am On Jun 03, 2019
urchmanio:
I took time to go through the comments, I was not disappointed at all with the comments of young and suppose enlighten youths where busy discussing; Is from Anambra or Imo, Enugu governor is a fool.
Indeed Ethnicity bigotry has become a cankerworm that has eaten deep in the fabrics of this nation, this is exactly what plays out in our politics today, where merits has been swept under the carpet, nobody asks whether he is capable to deliver the job but rather where is he from, we shouldn't be playing the same religious/ethnic game that our fathers played.
My problem in this thread, Is that the igbo' s are even divided among themselves, that's the reason why I usually laugh when I hear them talk about the creation of Biafra, A divided people can never achieve anything in common.
Actually, it's a forum and it's important to see the mind of what others think. It's not out of place at all.
Even in OAU for example, where the VC has never come from Ife, do you think they don't talk about it?

Put it up on a forum like this and see whether you won't see the same sort of comments from Ife indigenes. It has nothing to do with being divided. It doesn't make sense to talk this way because you've read what others think about a particular matter. Put the same matter out as a discussion in other places and see for yourself whether others won't think and type in same manner.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by valgbo(m): 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2019
ikpuchinonye:
claptraps!! Nobody in this life owes anybody anything not even your parents.. The same way that nobody owes the igbos the presidency but in all fairness we all know that igbos deserve the presidency for the being part of this country and have contributed to its development. The same thing is what Nsukka indigenes are saying, the university is in their town and they have contributed to the the university as well.. In equity and fairness, they deserve to produce the VC of the University in.. Nobody is saying is their right to produce the VC..
my man this your name funny Sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2017/2018 UNILAG Merit Admission List / WAEC Official Dismissed Over Involvement In Exam Malpractice 24 Years Ago / FG v ASUU: Members who joined the strike Not Entitled To Salaries, Court Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.