Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) (20749 Views)

Protest Rocks UNN As VC, Prof. Charles Igwe Increases School Fees By 100% (Video / Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 11:11pm On May 23, 2019
NORSIYK:

If its by senatorial zone, how come the immediate past VC and his successor are from Orlu zone and the two previous were from Owerri zone
Because Okigwe zone cannot muscle in between those 2 bigger zones.....
When I mean in between zones,I don't mean its turn-by-turn, I only narrate that it's a straight fight between Imolites unlike what we see in other fed Institutions in the SE.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 11:14pm On May 23, 2019
Enugupikin:

Fvck them all... gburu gburu is a fat ezhi
Hahahahahaah..

He could do nothing...67 Professors showed interest....
The top 4 were not from Enugu State sef....
The winner,Prof Igwe is Anambra
The other contestant Anambra
Prof (Mrs) Ezeilo, Anambra married to Enugu
The other one,Imo state....

Who would he have supported with the hindsight that Ozumba's choice was Igwe followed by Ezeilo?

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Temptee101(m): 11:20pm On May 23, 2019
fergie001:
I like what is happening since the Governors want to be stupid....
Imo went to NAU
Afikpo went to MOUAU
Imo went to FUNAI
Anambra went to UNN

But dem no born dem well for FUTO....

Cc:
Enugupikin,temptee101,optimisprime08
Sorry oooo....una do us too for MOUAU last term...Pele
How that fat fool became a governor is still a misery to me. During Sullivan chime and Chimaroke Nnamani's tenure, they made sure the position of V.C never left Enugu state.

The reverse is the case under this fat dirty pig that only knows how to eat and defecate at every given chance

No meaningful development in nsukka since he became governor. I forever curse the day he became governor of my beloved state

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 23, 2019
chily11:
Why always Anambra?
Me laughing at NSK people...

What's this for?! Wise up brah.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 11:23pm On May 23, 2019
Temptee101:

How that fat fool became a governor is still a misery to me. During Sullivan chime and Chimaroke Nnamani's tenure, they made sure the position of V.C never left Enugu state.

The reverse is the case under this fat dirty pig that only knows how to eat and defecate at every given chance

No meaningful development in nsukka since he became governor. I forever curse the day he became governor of my beloved state
Temptee101....you guys voted him again for 2nd term nah
I don't know how he has performed but in this case,the set of governors we have now are rabble-rousers.
All of them....the Rochas dey abuse is better than them....

In UNN's case,it is pitiable....
The VC...Anambra
Dean,Admin...Anambra
DVC UNEC...Anambra

Na waoh....

You are complaining.....do you know that no Fed institution in Abia State is headed by an Abian.
It was only some months ago that they impressed the CMD of FMC to be Abian otherwise na normal thing for us here....

Take heart biko grin

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 23, 2019
Temptee101:

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Enugupikin: 11:27pm On May 23, 2019
fergie001:

Hahahahahaah..

He could do nothing...67 Professors showed interest....
The top 4 were not from Enugu State sef....
The winner,Prof Igwe is Anambra
The other contestant Anambra
Prof (Mrs) Ezeilo, Anambra married to Enugu
The other one,Imo state....

Who would he have supported with the hindsight that Ozumba's choice was Igwe followed by Ezeilo?
gburu gburu should have rigged it...how come sef imo is vc in funai and and Ebonyi vc in Mou..yet Enugu has non in unizik or even futo.. nonsense
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 11:31pm On May 23, 2019
Enugupikin:

gburu gburu should have rigged it...how come sef imo is vc in funai and and Ebonyi vc in Mou..yet Enugu has non in unizik or even futo.. nonsense
Does Abia have anyone anywhere?
In terms of lecturers and Professors....Abia is next after Imo....
Yet has apparently no Fed Institution headed by an Abian until recently....FMC....
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by darkelf: 11:31pm On May 23, 2019
fuckerstard:
Congrats na this kain people with good experience and degrees suppose dey run for president.

Most of the time, you will realize that this Professors are not good administrators. In fact, many are corrupt to high heavens.

Just look at the unfolding drama in UNILAG.

We need to model our university leadership after the Americans. One does not need to be a professor to head an American University. In fact many do not have PhDs. But their business and administrative acumen and leadership is world class.

That is why we always complain about lack of funding in Nigerian govt universities. The Prof VCs have no idea of fund-raising or how to attract private investors to invest in R&grin for the sake of IGR. Instead, they commission bakeries and cyber cafes. Such third world thinking!!!!

Also the politicking among the Profs is just too much and is a Kangaroo-type. Many of them are just interested in employing their stooges who have no Idea on how to move the university forward

Enuff said sha

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Enugupikin: 11:34pm On May 23, 2019
fergie001:

Does Abia have anyone anywhere?
In terms of lecturers and Professors....Abia is next after Imo....
Yet has apparently no Fed Institution headed by an Abian until recently....FMC....
don't lie..Abia no get professors reach Enugu, Aku in igbo-etiti in Enugu has professors far more than Abia combined
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 11:39pm On May 23, 2019
Enugupikin:

don't lie..Abia no get professors reach Enugu, Aku in igbo-etiti in Enugu has professors far more than Abia combined
Baba,no go there oooo....
The Enugu Profs are always in Enugu or ESUT....that's why you see them....no try Abia biko or you can ask...
The Igwe you talk now had all his degrees in Nsk
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Enugupikin: 11:41pm On May 23, 2019
fergie001:

Baba,no go there oooo....
The Enugu Profs are always in Enugu or ESUT....that's why you see them....no try Abia biko or you can ask...
I'm telling u what I know...Abia kee...lmao.. Anambra sef get professors pass Abia if u no sabi

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 11:42pm On May 23, 2019
Enugupikin:

I'm telling u what I know...Abia kee...lmao.. Anambra sef get professors pass Abia if u no sabi
Na you sabi....but the Enugu don't move...that's why you dey see them.....

How many dey outside Enugu?
So for them its UNN or ESUT or nothing....
Leave Igwe,he is like a son of the soil biko...all his degrees were there...
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Enugupikin: 11:45pm On May 23, 2019
fergie001:

Na you sabi....but the Enugu don't move...that's why you dey see them.....

How many dey outside Enugu?
So for them its UNN or ESUT or nothing....
Leave Igwe,he is like a son of the soil biko...all his degrees were there...
lies...U barely even see a prof of Abia origin here...Ngwa people no de go school Na ...kee ife ina ako nna anyi ukwu
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 23, 2019
darkelf:

Most of the time, you will realize that this Professors are not good administrators. In fact, many are corrupt to high heavens.

Just look at the unfolding drama in UNILAG.

We need to model our university leadership after the Americans. One does not need to be a professor to head an American University. In fact many do not have PhDs. But their business and administrative acumen and leadership is world class.

That is why we always complain about lack of funding in Nigerian govt universities. The Prof VCs have no idea of fund-raising or how to attract private investors to invest in R&grin for the sake of IGR. Instead, they commission bakeries and cyber cafes. Such third world thinking!!!!

Also the politicking among the Profs is just too much and is a Kangaroo-type. Many of them are just interested in employing their stooges who have no Idea on how to move the university forward

Enuff said sha

I can't help but agree, my university get bakery lol.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fabienjoe: 11:49pm On May 23, 2019
fergie001:
I like what is happening since the Governors want to be stupid....
Imo went to NAU
Afikpo went to MOUAU
Imo went to FUNAI
Anambra went to UNN

But dem no born dem well for FUTO....

Cc:
Enugupikin,temptee101,optimisprime08
Sorry oooo....una do us too for MOUAU last term...Pele

UniZik VC, Prof Esimone is from Anambra as well..But what does it matter where they are from? Won't we rather they perform well than this infantile and primitive ranting about how useless a governor is just because he could not rig the process? Why are Nigerians like this?

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 11:49pm On May 23, 2019
Enugupikin:

lies...U barely even see a prof of Abia origin here...Ngwa people no de go school Na ...kee ife ina ako nna anyi ukwu
Is Ngwa the only tribe in Abia?
Ndi ahu ha bidoro skool mgb'ole kwanu?
Juo ajuju ndi Isuochi....or ndi Umuahia...!!!

Mention one Univ headed by an Enugu man outside Enugu!?
I no brag ooo..because I no dey use statistics but...leave Igwe biko...
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 11:51pm On May 23, 2019
fabienjoe:

UniZik VC, Prof Esimone is from Anambra as well..But what does it matter where they are from? Won't we rather they perform well than this infantile and primitive ranting about how useless a governor is just because he could not rig the process? Why are Nigerians like this?
Outgoing....Ahaneku is Imo.
You don't know how these things work,do you?
I have gone 2 schools in the East and West...they work differently...
I didn't mention rig ...rather influence....they do it other places...

We know how the Min of Health did his own ...but it doesnt reflect sharply because of the organised environment that exists there...

Go to the east... Once the VC emerges....the Univ is named after his hometown....even SUG President will hail from his kindred....

In fact I know a particular VC of a fed institution who employs with State of Origin....so leave am...
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Enugupikin: 11:53pm On May 23, 2019
fergie001:

Is Ngwa the only tribe in Abia?
Ndi ahu ha bidoro skool mgb'ole kwanu?
Juo ajuju ndi Isuochi....or ndi Umuahia...!!!

Mention one Univ headed by an Enugu man outside Enugu!?
I no brag ooo..because I no dey use statistics but...leave Igwe biko...
forget heading..that one Na politics...come to college of medicine sef for unn Na only Enugu,. Anambra and imo...Abia no follow at all..same with other places..no count Abia please
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 11:55pm On May 23, 2019
Enugupikin:

forget heading..that one Na politics...come to college of medicine sef for unn Na only Enugu,. Anambra and imo...Abia no follow at all..same with other places..no count Abia please
You see am....we no get college of medicine nah....
Leave us like that....leave Igwe ooooo.... Na Nwa afo technically biko
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Kolping: 11:56pm On May 23, 2019
Nsukka – The contest for the 15th Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN, has, today, ended with Prof. Charles Igwe emerging the new VC.

Igwe, who jostled for the position with other 64 professors, emerged the best after a thorough screening constituted by the UNN Governing Council. He is a professor of Soil Science, Faculty of Agriculture.

Confirming the development, the Deputy Registrar of the Governing Council, Charles Ebizie, however said that Prof. James Ogbonna came second while Prof. Cyprian Onyeji took the third position. He described the processes that produced Igwe as free and fair.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/breaking-prof-charles-igwe-becomes-unns-new-vc/

Prof. James Ogbonna is the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academics, University of Nigeria and is from Enugu State.
Prof. Cyprian Onyeji is the former Vice-Chancellor of Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), Enugu and is from Enugu State.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 11:58pm On May 23, 2019
Kolping:
Nsukka – The contest for the 15th Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN, has, today, ended with Prof. Charles Igwe emerging the new VC.

Igwe, who jostled for the position with other 64 professors, emerged the best after a thorough screening constituted by the UNN Governing Council. He is a professor of Soil Science, Faculty of Agriculture.

Confirming the development, the Deputy Registrar of the Governing Council, Charles Ebizie, however said that Prof. James Ogbonna came second while Prof. Cyprian Onyeji took the third position. He described the processes that produced Igwe as free and fair.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/breaking-prof-charles-igwe-becomes-unns-new-vc/

Prof. James Ogbonna is the Deputy Vice Chancellor, DVC, Academics and is from Ebonyi State.
Prof. Cyprian Onyeji is the former Vice Chancellor of Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu.
Enugupikin.....Ebonyi....
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Enugupikin: 11:59pm On May 23, 2019
fergie001:

You see am....we no get college of medicine nah....
Leave us like that....leave Igwe ooooo.... Na Nwa afo technically biko
no the hype Abia..them no get anything

but how did that Afikpo man get into Mou,it was formally headed by Enugu, and how come Enugu wasn't given funai instead....its all faults of that fat gburu gburu
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 12:01am On May 24, 2019
Enugupikin:

no the hype Abia..them no get anything

but how did that Afikpo man get into Mou,it was formally headed by Enugu, and how come Enugu wasn't given funai instead....its all faults of that fat gburu gburu
God's Own State.....I no blame you nah....
Na as OVI dey fall hands....

Thank God say you know say na una rule the school as una like....
I happy as this one do una too....taste and see...back 2 back grin
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Enugupikin: 12:01am On May 24, 2019
fergie001:

whats happening...Ebonyi too is taking up positions... if chimaroke or Sullivan was there it won't happen
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by fergie001: 12:02am On May 24, 2019
Enugupikin:

whats happening...Ebonyi too is taking up positions... is chimaroke or Sullivan was there it won't happen
Hahahahaha

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:03am On May 24, 2019
But I thought it was the turn of an 042 man to head UNN?

Congratulations prof..
See cv,, excellent academic profile.
In other news,, I heard Prof Esimone will replace Ahanaeku @ Unizik.. Is it true?
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Kolping: 12:05am On May 24, 2019
Prof. James Ogbonna will most likely succeed Prof. Igwe as Vice-Chancellor of the University of Nigeria.
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:08am On May 24, 2019
Temptee101:

UNN is a Federal Uni in Enugu state, not the property of the Enugu State Govt. What difference does it make to the school whether the VC is from Enugu or not? In my first year in UNN, they insulted a long list of eminent professors competing for the post of VC, who had spent decades in the school, to hand the VC post to Nebo who was not even a staff of the school - probably because of Enugu politics. This is why other tribes accuse Igbos of being very clannish even amongst each other. So Anambra or Imo Professors who have spent decades in UNN contributing their quota to its development should somehow be barred from being VC. Because Enugu people built UNN, abi?

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Kolping: 12:09am On May 24, 2019
Yes. It's true.
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
But I thought it was the turn of an 042 man to head UNN?

Congratulations prof..
See cv,, excellent academic profile.
In other news,, I heard Prof Esimone will replace Ahanaeku @ Unizik.. Is it true?
Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Kolping: 12:12am On May 24, 2019
Correction:
Both Prof. James Ogbonna and Prof. Cyprian Onyeji are from Enugu State (Nsukka indigenes).

https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/23/charles-igwe-emerges-new-unn-vc/

fergie001:

Re: Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) by Kolping: 12:14am On May 24, 2019
Correction:
Both Prof. James Ogbonna and Prof. Cyprian Onyeji are from Enugu State (Nsukka indigenes).

https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/23/charles-igwe-emerges-new-unn-vc/

Enugupikin:

whats happening...Ebonyi too is taking up positions... if chimaroke or Sullivan was there it won't happen

JAMB Launches Free Online Practice Test Platform / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Exercise Board (official Page) / #JusticeForSylvester: Ijaw Youth Council Protests In Front of Dowen College

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60