Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 (21634 Views)

President-Elect Tinubu And His Vice, Shettima Brainstorming On National Issue / President-elect Tinubu Visits Lagos, Promises Not To Disappoint Nigerians / Ohanaeze-Ndigbo Congratulates President-elect Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by nairavsdollars(f): 9:04pm On May 23, 2019
Hon Hakeem Bamgbola is the Vice Chairman Lagos Central Senatorial District of the All Progressives Congress (APC). In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, the former State Secretary of the party speaks on developments in Lagos State and other issues of national interests. Excerpts:

The governor- elect of Lagos, Babajide Sanwo-Olu will be sworn-in in few days’ time. What are your expectations from him?

The expectations from our party members and Lagosians as a whole is that we want developments that will take the economy of Lagos state to the next level. We all know that it is the third largest economy in Africa. I believe that with the coming on board of Sanwo-Olu, Lagos might attain the top spot in the economy of Africa. There are lots of expectations in all sectors because what I consider as priority may not be the thing that matters to you. However everybody wants a state that is secured, cleaner and economically viable. I know that Sanwo-Olu will deliver on all the promises he has made. I will appeal to Lagosians to give him their cooperation so that he can perform to the expectations of all.

Governor Nasir El- Rufai of Kaduna recently came to Lagos and said there is need to retire political godfathers in Lagos. What is your take on that?

I don’t know how many godfathers he has retired in Kaduna because he never mentioned their names. He only said that he has retired all the godfathers in Kaduna state. We know that Lagos is a peculiar state and we have the leadership that guides us which has been there for us for a long time. I will only say El- Rufai is playing to the gallery. He can’t do anything about the leadership in Lagos state and we still believe in the leadership of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as our father and leader in APC, who, as governor from 1999 to 2007 laid the foundation for the Lagos of today.

Why do you think it has been difficult for the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to win the governorship election in Lagos since 1999?

It is because of the leadership of Asiwaju Tinubu. He is leader that embraces everyone. He is a man with a large heart. No matter your gravity of sin, when you are remorseful and you come back to him, he forgives easily and he will even give you a greater role to play in the party. I can cite several examples in the past and present to back up this. In fact, some of our members who angrily decamped to PDP, having realised that they are in political wilderness in PDP, they came back to APC and today, they are still playing key roles in the party. Also, he doesn’t take unilateral decision. If there are serious issues in the party that needs to be addressed, Asiwaju will table it before the Governors Advisory Council (GAC). He is also accessible to everybody, irrespective of your position in the party. He is a leader who is full of empathy and will inconvenience himself to make others comfortable. That is one of the things that distinguish Asiwaju Tinubu from other leaders in the country. That is why we are like a united family in APC and we have always recorded resounding victories in the governorship and other elections conducted from 1999 till date.

What are your expectations from President Buhari as he will also begin his second term in few days’ time?

My appeal to the President is that we need to do more. He did well in his first term and that is why appreciate Nigerians renewed his mandate but he can still do more. I am glad the theme of his second term is ‘Next Level’ whereby he has promised to consolidate on the gains recorded in his first term. Also, he needs to improve on the economy. If we are sincere, the economy is not that stable for now. On his cabinet, those he will be bringing on board now must be people of vision who believe in his agenda and are ready to make sacrifices to ensure all the goals are met.

There are rumours that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu might contest the presidential election in 2023. Do you think he has what it takes to govern the country?

Like you said, it is still speculations but the general belief among Nigerians is that based on his records in Lagos State, if we can have someone like Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as President, Nigeria will benefit a lot from his leadership. People know him as visionary leader, a highly detribalised Nigerian who has a wide network across the country. They also know that he is a leader who has a knack for identifying talents and also believes in grooming new set of leaders many of whom are holding key positions in the country today. We are hopeful that in 2023, the presidency will be zoned to the South- West and if he indicates interest in contesting, I am hopeful that all over the country, Nigerians will troop out to elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as president of this country.

https://www.independent.ng/why-lagos-apc-is-united-under-tinubus-leadership-bamgbola/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by osscarr(m): 9:17pm On May 23, 2019
because tinubu is the messiah that will turn Nigeria to US right?
well, I won't doubt u because Nigerians are full of surprises
if Buhari can win reelection in Nigeria, anything is possible

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by hisexcellency34: 9:24pm On May 23, 2019
President Asiwaju Bola Tinubu of Afonjaland. Hope he won't end up like his brother

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by MorufuAtanda: 9:25pm On May 23, 2019
Of course, political comment as expected from Hakeem my Yoruba Muslim brother and sycophant, to massage his benefactor's ego.

Next! grin

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by oilPUSSY(f): 9:27pm On May 23, 2019
Maybe President of skull miners.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by judgementyard(m): 2:00am On May 24, 2019
In your dreams

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by Preshy561(f): 2:05am On May 24, 2019
In bullion vans

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by RTSC: 2:36am On May 24, 2019
Lol
Not gonna happen. Nigerians are not that stupid.

26 Likes

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by Borderless: 3:36am On May 24, 2019
Really?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by Mraphel: 4:12am On May 24, 2019
oilPUSSY:
Call him whatever you want but his your potential president.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by sparog(m): 4:32am On May 24, 2019
I don't see Tinubu aspiring for the presidency and even if he does he might not win

10 Likes

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by Acermoon(m): 5:37am On May 24, 2019
As expected okoro fellas were before me....

Tinubu.... Our next president...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by oyatz(m): 5:39am On May 24, 2019
But that was what you said about Buhari in 2015 and 2019.

RTSC:
Lol
Not gonna happen. Nigerians are not that stupid.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by Chinashopping84: 5:43am On May 24, 2019
A lot would unfold before the next general election.We pay your 1688 suppliers.

3 Likes

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by Nobody: 5:56am On May 24, 2019
Buhari was elected on the mantra of Integrity and corruption, Atiku was called "Atiku"

what is the mantra Tinubu is coming under?

17 Likes

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by siggyply007(m): 6:23am On May 24, 2019
How do you want your thunder

3 Likes

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by Nobody: 6:27am On May 24, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Who in igbo land can lace tinubu's political shoe?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by helinues: 6:27am On May 24, 2019
Is 2023 about political mind game
Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by hisexcellency34: 6:37am On May 24, 2019
Nmamdi Kanu

GoTV:

Who in igbo land can lace tinubu's political shoe?

6 Likes

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by BuhariAdvocate: 7:18am On May 24, 2019
Of course Bola Tinubu will make a good president.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by BuhariAdvocate: 7:19am On May 24, 2019
Tinubu is a visionary leader you can't dispute that.
Esseite:
Buhari was elected on the mantra of Integrity and corruption, Atiku was called "Atiku"

what is the mantra Tinubu is coming under?

7 Likes

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by Tomide007: 7:19am On May 24, 2019
If bola tinubu hits that ballot , he's going to win by rigging. The best way to stop him is to make sure that he's not on the ballot, if he is lasan. Just prepare aso rock for him...cose the kinda vote he'll inflat in southwest and kano, borno,kwara etc were is boys are go shock you...

22 Likes

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by Nobody: 7:24am On May 24, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Tinubu is a visionary leader you can't dispute that.

Visionary in what capacity, kindly buttress your point..

If its lagos as example, how transparent has he been with Lagos income? As its public knowledge the financial books of lagos is not in public knowledge despite falana requesting for it as backed by law.

Lagos being a former capital and commercial city with massive population is bound to thrive and tax has been a means of income to any govt dating way before christ.

So I ask again, Visionary in what capacity?

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by RTSC: 7:29am On May 24, 2019
oyatz:
But that was what you said about Buhari in 2015 and 2019.

There was a possibility buhari would win. We all knew that.
He has massive support in the north.

Nobody likes tinubu except in Yoruba land.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by Nobody: 7:30am On May 24, 2019
Tomide007:
If bola tinubu hits that ballot , he's going to win by rigging. The best way to stop him is to make sure that he's not on the ballot, if he is lasan. Just prepare aso rock for him...cose the kinda vote he'll inflat in southwest and kano, borno,kwara etc were is boys are go shock you...

E-collation would be passed before then.. rigging ends with e-collation backed up by manual collation.

3 Likes

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by BuhariAdvocate: 7:43am On May 24, 2019
Because of your hatred against Yoruba people I know
You can't point to good things about Asiwaju.i want you to understand the fact that Lagos was not the first capital of Nigeria. And you can't compare Lagos of today to that 1980.
We must not miss the opportunity the leadership of Asiwaju Tinubu has provided for Nigerians. So, I will advise that we don’t fritter away this great privilege. We should all open our eyes and minds to see the tremendous opportunities and respects nigeria lately enjoys because of the visionary , courageous and innovative and all-inclusive leadership style of Asiwaju Tinubu and his team.

“Asiwaju Tinubu has made many things out of nothing. He built human structures across board. Human development is his primary asset. Vice-President, ministers, governors, chief executive officers of agencies and corporations, captains of industry, doctors, lawyers, business magnates, traditional rulers, among others, are products of Asiwaju Tinubu Even the president Buhari himself.

“All this was achieved by him to the glory of God. You don’t become a leader by amassing wealth but by building and making better leaders out of your associates. He is enigmatic and I profess that no darkness will be able to hold down his vision for Nigeria.”
Esseite:

Visionary in what capacity, kindly buttress your point..

If its lagos as example, how transparent has he been with Lagos income? As its public knowledge the financial books of lagos is not in public knowledge despite falana requesting for it as backed by law.

Lagos being a former capital and commercial city with massive population is bound to thrive and tax has been a means of income to any govt dating way before christ.

So I ask again, Visionary in what capacity?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by celeiyke: 7:45am On May 24, 2019
This one thinks Nigeria starts from Mowe, Owode and ends at Akungba

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by Nobody: 7:49am On May 24, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Because of your hatred against Yoruba people I know
You can't point to good things about Asiwaju
.i want you to understand the fact that Lagos was not the first capital of Nigeria. And you can't compare Lagos of today to that 1980. .”

Why do you guys just take everything tribal?

I only asked about the transparency in the financial books of lagos backed up by law... which outstanding lawyers have always been asking, atleast a presidential candidate should be transparent enough to be trusted in handling the finances of the country.
Moreover, No other state remain same compared to 1980,

Asiwaju Tinubu has made many things out of nothing. He built human structures across board. Human development is his primary asset. Vice-President, ministers, governors, chief executive officers of agencies and corporations, captains of industry, doctors, lawyers, business magnates, traditional rulers, among others, are products of Asiwaju Tinubu Even the president Buhari himself.

The presidency is an elective position, Nigeria elected its president and subsequently shared positions across board, Tinubu happening to dictate that of the SW does not make others less capable.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by jimi4us: 7:50am On May 24, 2019
Who are the Nigerians sir? Aboki hate thieves,

they already know thiefnubuuu will empty our treasury like lagos state funds.

I can't imagine thiefnubuu having key to our CBN vault, Nigeria is finish

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by BuhariAdvocate: 7:54am On May 24, 2019
Mention two politicians alive that have contributed to nation building like Asiwaju. If Tinubu is an igbo man you guys will not have issues with him.
Esseite:

Why do you guys just take everything tribal?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by Nobody: 8:01am On May 24, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Mention two politicians alive that have contributed to nation building like Asiwaju. If Tinubu is an igbo man you guys will not have issues with him.

The Nigeria we have now is way better than the Nigeria of 1980 and would obviously be better tomorrow, that is growth contributed by diverse people. Tinubu was not as relevant then and may not be tomorrow.

If Tinubu was an Igbo man, he would have been forced to be more transparent. And would not be given sole position to dictate the pace of growth of individuals. He literally handpicks Governors.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023 by BuhariAdvocate: 8:31am On May 24, 2019
Well I don't like engage on argument that will not fetch me anything but I hate people blackmail another person Because of personal gain.
Many of you guys shouting Tinubu corrupt Efcc boss asked you guys to forward a letter that show financial recklessness of Tinubu, despite he was probed by former president Olusegun Obasanjo ,Tinubu was acquitted of all charges leveled against him.
However a journalist asked Magu when he will probe Tinubu on allegations bordering on the source of his wealth since he left office as governor of Lagos in 2007, have dominated grapevine and beer parlour chatter for decades.The allegations remain unproven, however.
Magu said he can only act on allegations contained in a petition, and not on hearsay.

And then he challenged the journalist to forward him a petition containing Tinubu’s alleged dubious dealings and illicit accumulation of wealth.

“You know what? If you are really interested, write a petition and see whether magu won’t act. Go and write a petition and substantiate in the petition and find out if he won’t act.
Esseite:

The Nigeria we have now is way better than the Nigeria of 1980 and would obviously be better tomorrow, that is growth contributed by diverse people. Tinubu was not as relevant then and may not be tomorrow.

If Tinubu was an Igbo man, he would have been forced to be more transparent. And would not be given sole position to dictate the pace of growth of individuals. He literally handpicks Governors.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Reappoints Oloyede As JAMB Registrar, Others / Boko Haram Kills 20 Women Labelled As Witches In Borno / "We Will Retire Atiku To Fombina" - VP Shettima Jokes After Tribunal Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.