Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Am I This Man's Fool? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I This Man's Fool? (2547 Views)

Dream By V.i(this Song Is The Bomb) / Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys / Does My Ex Want Me Back Or Am I Being Used? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I This Man's Fool? by nikki4848dd: 1:39am On Sep 27, 2010
I am currently involved with a gentleman who I will call, Randy.Randy and I met about 6 months ago online.We got up a good chat, actually he saw me on a dating site, and contacted me.As we chatted together, he seemed like a dream to me, he said all the right things.And I was impressed.(Ladies, when a man sounds too good to be true.He usually is.) Anyway, I was a little nervous meeting him for the first time.But when we did meet, it was as if I were getting back to my best friend.He is involved in a religion that I am not use to.Now when I met this guy, I knew what I was dealing with, on the surface that is.I knew why he didn't have a car, was not working at the time, had been married before, had 2 kids, by 2 different females, and was living with his mother.I gave him a chance anyway.He turned out to be a good guy who just needed a little push on things.Turns out after knowing him some more, he does not plan to get a job, he does not plan to get a car, he never has money, he always has to ask me.What the hell am I doing still with him? I do have feelings for him.But he never seems to want to be with me now.All he does is hand me one phone call a day.It feels as if he is just giving me enough attention to make me stay around a little longer.I am a good woman, I always try to do the right thing by people.And I feel like I am being used.Am I this man's fool undecided
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 27, 2010
nikki4848dd:

I am currently involved with a gentleman who I will call, Randy.Randy and I met about 6 months ago online.We got up a good chat, actually he saw me on a dating site, and contacted me.As we chatted together, he seemed like a dream to me, he said all the right things.And I was impressed.(Ladies, when a man sounds too good to be true.He usually is.) Anyway, I was a little nervous meeting him for the first time.But when we did meet, it was as if I were getting back to my best friend.He is involved in a religion that I am not use to.Now when I met this guy, I knew what I was dealing with, on the surface that is.I knew why he didn't have a car, was not working at the time, had been married before, had 2 kids, by 2 different females, and was living with his mother.I gave him a chance anyway.He turned out to be a good guy who just needed a little push on things.Turns out after knowing him some more, he does not plan to get a job, he does not plan to get a car, he never has money, he always has to ask me.What the hell am I doing still with him? I do have feelings for him.But he never seems to want to be with me now.All he does is hand me one phone call a day.It feels as if he is just giving me enough attention to make me stay around a little longer.I am a good woman, I always try to do the right thing by people.And I feel like I am being used.Am I this man's fool undecided

good question.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by smooooooth: 1:46am On Sep 27, 2010
six months and u already this hooked. na jazz abeg! what the hell u doing with a guy that has 2 kids from 2 diff mamas, u wanna give him the 3rd. and he is not even trying to get a life. you are not just his fool, but a complete idiot at that. wonder how u girls think, handsome decent men like us are out there seeking for good ladies who all have their head screwed unside down.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by InkedNerd(f): 1:58am On Sep 27, 2010
nikki4848dd, to answer you question, yes you are this man's fool. It seems like he's just stringing you along. I understand that you're hooked on the guy but you need to ask yourself some questions. Can you really see yourself with this man? If yes, what will be be able to contribute to the relationship emotionally and financially? Do the both of you want something that is long term or short term? If long term, what you expect from him in the long run? If short term, what do you expect from him? If you don't mind me asking, could you please tell me whether or not you have children? If you don't have any, do you/did you have any intentions on having children in the future?
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by Tosinville(m): 2:59am On Sep 27, 2010
Smooth, relax na, na fight? besides are you looking for wifey?
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by Nobody: 4:22am On Sep 27, 2010
Nikki, Are you white?
If you realize there's a space between you and him, and this guy has no future prospects, then attach some brain to the situation and stop being a victim.

Don't be ruled by your emotions alone. They'll fucc you up.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by nikki4848dd: 4:30am On Sep 27, 2010
Let me explain further.I am a single parent, that has raised 3 kids on my own.I am also a divorced female.Don't go to clubs, don't go to bars.Matter of fact, I don't go anywhere but to appointments, and the grocery stores.I am not the party type of person.I am more interested in what my kids are doing then hanging out with so called girlfriends.I have none.And I have a reason for that.But anyway, I don't plan on having any kids for anyone in the near future.My thing is, I don't trust many people as it is, and I was trying really hard to not miss judge Randy.But I am no damn dummy either, I guess I allowed him to do this to me because, I don't want to take the time to get to know someone else new,I mean damn how many guys do I have to go through before the right one comes along?Are all guys the same, I keep running into the same ones all the time.Hell is it me?Am I too excepting? I mean, I am happy one way or the other, I have lived with a man and been happy, and I have also lived without one and been happy.So, I am just being me.Who I really am.And who I really am deserves someone that will want me the same as I do him. winkthanks for opening my eyes to the truth you guys, one love, always, PEACE.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by AwoOnifade(m): 5:00am On Sep 27, 2010
My dear these are the most important questions. Its good that you are concerned with the answers for these question. Would like to talk to you. If you do not mind please contact me. onifade_yemi1@yahoo.com

nikki4848dd:

Who I really am.And who I really am deserves someone that will want me the same as I do him. winkthanks for opening my eyes to the truth you guys, one love, always, PEACE.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by Nobody: 5:16am On Sep 27, 2010
@poster
may i ask: what does this guy live on/off?! how does he make money to pay his rent or feed himself?

also there is nothing wrong with a man who hasnt got a car, it all depends on WHERE HE LIVES and what he would need a car for.

with 2 baby mamas (thus child support), maybe thats where all his money goes!
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by tpiah: 5:28am On Sep 27, 2010
AwoOnifade:

My dear these are the most important questions. Its good that you are concerned with the answers for these question. Would like to talk to you. If you do not mind please contact me. onifade_yemi1@yahoo.com

you're an ifa priest, right?

do you have husbands for all these women you're telling to contact you, or you yourself are the one looking for more wives.

Jesu oba iye.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by sohiemi(m): 6:27am On Sep 27, 2010
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 27, 2010
My dear I sympathise with you, finding a good partner in this day and age is like finding a needle in the haystack. But you already know the answer to your question. This man has no plans for his life, you dont want that character around your kids. Sooner or later he will start asking you for cash. I know its hard but you have to let this one go. Maybe go out more, yes your kids are the most important but they will one day move away to UNI/WORK etc so maybe go on speed dating, try internet dating etc. Good luck.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by nikki4848dd: 11:43am On Sep 27, 2010
Wow, I never meant to start an arguement online between any of you, all I wanted was some advice.Please let's keep the peace as we try to help each other, along the way, problem solved, We all know I should let him go, which I did this morning.It's done.It's over.His ass is out of the picture, now can we move on
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by 1102(m): 11:55am On Sep 27, 2010
Nikki

If i may ask, these 2 kids he has from these women

are they living wiv him or wit their mom

what explanation did he give u for havin these 2 kids from these 2 women

why hasnt he gotten a JOB

How old is he

Car aint a priority so u might wanna leave that out for now!

before he met u how was he coping,that he now depends on u for money.

Are u white!
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by r231(m): 11:56am On Sep 27, 2010
AwoOnifade:

oleeeeeeeeeee grin cheesy grin

you too want piece of the cake abi

poster don't email him o

as for your guy, if you don't see any future with him and he is not willing to change

cut him lose
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by peelovee(f): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2010
oo  grin My dear find ur level now that is never to late.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by angelz(f): 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2010
A lotb of men out there are lookin 4 women to feed them.
the idea that women are desperate makes dem think they can feed on that.
but some of them r realy enjoyin.
because u already have 3 children, it may b dificult to find d right guy.
but not impossible.
take ur time., n wait 4 d right time.
its never 2 late since u dont plan on havin more kids.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by MOBO444(f): 2:31pm On Sep 27, 2010
@Poster it was evil black women like you that put him in such situation, you black women have done a lot of damage to the black brother, so dont complain and stay put and enjoy the limited goodies he has to offer.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by InkedNerd(f): 2:37pm On Sep 27, 2010
[size=15pt]@OP, please ignore this fool i.diot that calls himself MOBO444. I don't know if you are aware of this but he is the residential village goat of romance section. So in the future please disregard any comments that come from him. [/size]
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by AwoOnifade(m): 3:16pm On Sep 27, 2010
I apologise that my comments have in anyway been misleading. I asked the poster to email me because I do not like to ask personal questions on a pubic forum. Also it is not possible for me to get a piece of anyone's cake. I live in a small country far removed from a significant majority of you all. I am not soliciting anyone anything. I am just offering my perspective and an attentive ear.
Either way, Miss Inked_Nerd and Miss 190 have more or less already addressed the questioned I wanted to air. Also it seems as if the situation has been resolved by the original poster.

@baba r231and baba tpiah
I am sorry that my post has painted my intentions negatively.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by luap: 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2010
no car, no job, living at home, two kids, no ambition, Sounds like depression, and I think he needs help!!!!

Obviously this guy has a lot of drama in his life that broke his WILL POWER. You ever think his mind is recovering from depression

He initially reached out to you, because that is his survival mechanism or his way of asking for help. You may not have the ability to help this man, because you are looking for something else, so you asking for your own help.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by soki2ng(m): 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2010
Let this serve as a warning, Guys stay clear off the ladies when your broke or going through a rough patch in your life.
Your situation may be interpreted wrongly.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 27, 2010
Hmmmmm if the situation were reversed, you chauvinists will be tearing your brains out on how the woman is a ho-ish gold-digger.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by InkedNerd(f): 5:54pm On Sep 27, 2010
Yes o. Preach sista Ebonyeyes!!!
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Yes o. Preach sista Ebonyeyes!!!

Fricking double standards with these misogynistic buffoons. If its a man with no job, no ambition, no degree and two kids from two baby mamas, he is going through a rough patch. If its a woman she is a gold-digging hoe. In other words its ok for a man to leech of a woman but if a woman does the same she has to be lynched, drugged and thrown into the Atlantic ocean. Pathetic.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by nikki4848dd: 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2010
Wow, I just opened up a whole level of hate didn't I? Listen carefully this time.My so called man Randy, lives with his mom, does not have a job, I have not seen him look for one, since I've known him.He lives in my state.But he is from another state, he's lived here for 2 years.He calls himself a Muslim, but I have heard him cussing.I have seen him smoking, he pays no bills, he lives with his mother, she told me, he was not suppose to be living with her.He has no car, can damn sure fix one, but no car.He has been married before, has a child with her.And another kid with an ex girlfriend.He does not support these kids, because this was a question I asked him beforehand, he told me he worked out something between the moms.I had my doubts on this one.He has borrowed money from me, has not paid me back.This guy is not pitiful, he is not innocent, he knows exactly what he is doing.I've gotten to know alot about him and from what I've noticed is, he is a lazy, good for nothing bum, who preys on innocent victims.It has been a couple of weeks since I last saw him.But he makes sure he calls me daily.Called me this morning, around 4a.m. cause he gets up to pray around 3a.m., and I just told him that I just need to go to his house and get my things I left there.I told him this was all I wanted.Then I slammed the phone down.So, I think he understands that I am leaving him.My point is, the guy is a jerk.And I intend to find someone else.This brokeback brother, is not down on his luck.He is a USER.And I am done with guys like this.I deserve better.And no, I am not white.(LOL.) Sounds like I am huh?(LOL)
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by InkedNerd(f): 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2010
nikki4848dd:

I just told him that I just need to go to his house and get my things I left there.I told him this was all I wanted.Then I slammed the phone down.So, I think he understands that I am leaving him.My point is, the guy is a jerk.And I intend to find someone else.This brokeback brother, is not down on his luck.He is a USER.And I am done with guys like this.I deserve better.And no, I am not white.(LOL.) Sounds like I am huh?(LOL)

Good for you my dear. He sounded like a damn leech.  I hope you find someone else who will appreciate and care for you. From what I have read, you seem to be a good woman. With time, you will find someone. Just be patient.
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by Olami099(m): 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2010
Inke,Have u seen my reply?
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by macherie1: 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2010
run as fast as ur legs can carry you. stop making excuses for him. in the end he's going to dump you anyway so why not beat him to it? i think what most of us are afraid of is being alone but it is better to be alone than be in the bondage of a miserable relationship. wish you u the best in life
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2010
I am currently involved with a gentleman who I will call, Randy.Randy and I met about 6 months ago online.We got up a good chat, actually he saw me on a dating site, and contacted me.As we chatted together, he seemed like a dream to me, he said all the right things.And I was impressed.(Ladies, when a man sounds too good to be true.He usually is.) Anyway, I was a little nervous meeting him for the first time.But when we did meet, it was as if I were getting back to my best friend.He is involved in a religion that I am not use to.Now when I met this guy, I knew what I was dealing with, on the surface that is.I knew why he didn't have a car, was not working at the time, had been married before, had 2 kids, by 2 different females, and was living with his mother.I gave him a chance anyway.He turned out to be a good guy who just needed a little push on things.Turns out after knowing him some more, he does not plan to get a job, he does not plan to get a car, [size=8pt][/size]he never has money, he always has to ask me.What the hell am I doing still with him? I do have feelings for him.But he never seems to want to be with me now.All he does is hand me one phone call a day.It feels as if he is  just giving me enough attention to make me stay around a little longer.I am a good woman, I always try to do the right thing by people.And I feel like I am being used.Am I this man's fool 

whats the big deal with having a car ?

my question is do you have a car yourself
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by 1102(m): 9:16pm On Sep 27, 2010
AwoOnifade:

I apologise that my comments have in anyway been misleading. I asked the poster to email me because I do not like to ask personal questions on a pubic forum. Also it is not possible for me to get a piece of anyone's cake. I live in a small country far removed from a significant majority of you all. I am not soliciting anyone anything. I am just offering my perspective and an attentive ear.
Either way, Miss Inked_Nerd and [size=19pt]Miss 190[/size] have more or less already addressed the questioned I wanted to air. Also it seems as if the situation has been resolved by the original poster.

@baba r231and baba tpiah
I am sorry that my post has painted my intentions negatively.

hehehehehehe,  grin grin grin grin
Re: Am I This Man's Fool? by nikki4848dd: 12:19am On Sep 28, 2010
I'd like to take the time to thank all of you kind people for your comments, and advice.You have all been a big help to me.And I appreciate all feedback.And compliments.ZIM DRILL for you I have a special message, so listen very carefully ok? I didn't post anything up here that I didn't want anyone to know, so when I said, he doesn't have a car, this does not mean that I put anyone down for what they do or don't have.What I am saying is, where I am from grown ass men are suppose to have themselves together by the age of 40 years old.This man is 40.OK? And if I want to go out.Why should I be the driver all the time?Furthermore, since you asked, I own 2 cars, a mini van that seats 7.A small family boat, a house, my own land, 3 kids that I raised alone, one has graduated high school and is attending college right now.The other 2 are A and B students.The father is not in the picture.I happen to be an independent female and have been for 12 years on my own.I ask no one for anything.Especially a man, all that I ask is CAN A BROTHER GET ONE CAR?Is this asking too much??And if you don't believe all I've just said, pass me your email address , I got pictures, Anymore questions?I mean, are we clear now

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did You Feel The Very First Day You Met The Love Of Your Life? / Will I Find A Girl?! / Gal's Una Try...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.