Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,991 members, 7,835,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari (17508 Views)

Why Ex-Governor Yari Was In The Security Meeting With Buhari & Governors / No Election Will Hold In Zamfara If APC Is Excluded, Governor Yari Dares INEC / Governor Yari Warns Oshiomhole: 'If Your Father Born You Well, Come To Zamfara!' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by Firstorderwizard(m): 11:12am On May 25, 2019
kiss
Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by soleexx(m): 11:14am On May 25, 2019
Very soon a plan is coming by the world leader ..To take in some Nigerian citizen who are willing to relocate and begin a new life developing this countries...
Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by mmsen: 11:14am On May 25, 2019
All these useless northerners are today just now realising the obvious.

The north is already burning because of their cultural stupidity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by alezzy13: 11:17am On May 25, 2019
We need to declare a state of emergency on the population problem. It is simply out of control.

Goodness me. Look at those almaijiri boys for instance no education, no training, nothing. Now imagine them 20 years from now. Time bomb doesn't begin to describe what could befall us.

All these talk about poverty reduction without tackling the root cause - TOO MANY POOR PEOPLE BEARING TOO MANY CHILDREN!!!!!- - is to play the ostrich. Our GDP growth simply cannot keep up the

Yes it's a sensitive subject, I know. But the earlier the govt takes firm decisive action on this issue, the better

2 Likes

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by mannatech: 11:20am On May 25, 2019
And I never marry born pikin o.

Maybe the government will start paying boys to stop fuckiiing irresponsibly.
Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by Kingkun69(m): 11:22am On May 25, 2019
Blue3k:
Its weird he mentions everything except the contraceptives, female education and tax incentives to reduce population growth. The population growth rate along side rising unemployment rate is scary. The government has to tackle both immediately with combo of economic reforms and social engineering similar to Singapore not China.

Logically the agricultural sector isnt going to employ more people as a percentage as productivity rise. The main growth in sector is food processing. I'd suggest going towards manufacturing and mining as simple solution.

i am telling you all he mentioned where insignificant points that won't add much at all what we really need is what u pointed out especially the contraceptive idea and how we need to adopt the idea of a child to one family then the mother becomes sterile because it's appalling to see a family that can't sustain themselves then having 4 other kids added to it that go into child labour or become nuisances to the environment birth control is seriously needed here with adequate education in 85% of the country but we know it can't happen because of several reasons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by Princedapace(m): 11:22am On May 25, 2019
This governor is still talking about sharing NNPC money. Big idi*ts parading them selves as governors and presidents. They dont care becus they are well secured.

This is simple, a system of govt that will grant states or best still, regions more access to their own growth is what Nigeria needs. By the time u no longer need to run to Abuja to take decisions and your state citizens descend on u three times, u will have sense.

We are still hoping to get 1600 respondents for my friend's PhD survey questionaire. Pls, you can be of help.

Pls guys, a friend of mine is doing her PhD in the university of Florida.

She needs our help. She has her survey questionnaire crafted online. She is understudying birth control in Nigeria. That is a very interesting topic. She needs 1600 respondents for this research. You can participate. Survey takes less than 20 minutes.

Pls, to help her with your views about birth control, kindly check my profile and see the link on my signature. Just click the link and the survey page will open. It is done online and easy. Thank u so much. Don't forget to share with your friends too.

1 Like

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by theenchanter: 11:22am On May 25, 2019
alezzy13:
We need to declare a state of emergency on the population problem. It is simply out of control.

Goodness me. Look at those almaijiri boys for instance no education, no training, nothing. Now imagine them 20 years from now. Time bomb doesn't begin to describe what could befall us.

All these talk about poverty reduction without tackling the root cause - TOO MANY POOR PEOPLE BEARING TOO MANY CHILDREN!!!!!- - is to play the ostrich. Our GDP growth simply cannot keep up the

Yes it's a sensitive subject, I know. But the earlier the govt takes firm decisive action on this issue, the better
are u even sure that our population is approximately accurate?

Can a country of 200m people have only 30m voters when egypt with half our population has 27m voters?

We need credible census first before anything.

1 Like

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by Bridget95(f): 11:26am On May 25, 2019
Developed countries produce things to better the world with their brain but these guys mass produce unproductive people with their prick.

2 Likes

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by wink2015(m): 11:31am On May 25, 2019
The outgoing Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), Abdul’aziz Yari, has said the increasing rate of unproductive population in the country constitutes a time bomb and must be addressed.

Mr Yari, who is also the outgoing governor of Zamfara, stated this during the valedictory session of the National Economic Council (NEC) held at the State House, Abuja, on Thursday.

The governor who said: “We are sitting on a time bomb,” stressed the need for urgent actions against the increase in the number of unproductive population in the country.

He, therefore, urged the federal government to expand the economy by way of spending more on the nation’s agricultural sector to check the menace of youth redundancy in the country.

“I will say, yes, government has done tremendously well in terms of expanding the economy through agriculture by spending over N200 billion through the anchor borrower programme but we need to do more because we all agree that agriculture is the mainstay of this economy.

“It provides over 80 per cent of the employment. So, if two trillion naira can be spent yearly on oil development we need to increase our spending on agriculture too.

“With what we are seeing as governors especially from the zone where I come from, the rate of population growth, if nothing is done to address it, I am afraid Mr Chairman, we are sitting on a time bomb. And that’s the truth.

“Mr Chairman, we have a very gigantic job and we have to start now. If other associations are doing nothing, we have to lay a foundation otherwise in the next 10 to 15 years if we did not plan properly, we will be faced with a serious problem.

“I think even Niger Republic that is not up to the size of Kano State, they have their plan on the population; they know the number of people they have, the dead, new born and all. Mr Chairman, if Nigeria must move forward we must expand our economy,’’ he said.

On ways to boost the nation’s revenue base, Mr Yari said that “proactive measures must be taken to ensure that some laws are repealed most especially the ones that have to do with NNPC, the issue of Offshore, Royalties Payment and other issues.”

He advised that revenue generating agencies of the government should be given targets, saying “with my experience from 2011 to date I think we are just giving them free hand.

“We need to give them a kind of target, even the NNPC itself. What the NNPC is spending especially when it comes to the issue of cash call, it’s in trillions but what comes into the basket for two hundred million people to share is very meager.”

Mr Yari, who officially introduced the Chairman-elect of the forum, Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, thanked his colleagues for giving him the opportunity to serve them in the last four years.

Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State, who spoke on behalf of governors from the South-west at the event, described members of the council as the set of governors that the subsequent council should emulate, because of their team spirit.

He noted that they were able to talk freely and express themselves, without actually considering whether somebody was PDP or APC, saying their common objectives was the economic issues that pervaded the whole country.

He said: “Considering the fact that we all came in when we had a backlog of salaries, I want to congratulate us because when we came in almost about 27 states could not pay salaries.

“And then, two subsequent meetings led to Mr president giving us the intervention which also led to the clearing of the backlog.

“So, we like to say a big thank you to the president and vice-president for taking us through that resession.’’

Outgoing Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo, who also spoke on behalf of South-east governors , commended President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo for their passion and love for the country.

Mr Okorocha, who lamented that he would be missing his colleagues, threw the venue of the meeting into loud laughter when he jokingly advised Mr Osinbajo to always distance himself from Adams Oshiomhole and Nasir El-Rufai.

Mr Oshiomhole is the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) while Mr El-Rufai is the current governor and governor-elect of Kaduna State.

Mr Okorocha, who is believed to have `political misunderstanding’ with Oshiohmole jokingly said: “I feel like a member of the family when I look at my left and right, even the worst of them like the Oshiohmoles and El-Rufais even within this I still feel like member of the family.

“This people I mention, Mr chairman (Osinbajo) I do not know why you share one thing in common with them. May I request you henceforth to distance yourself from them.

“I will miss this chamber really and I don’t know where I will meet people like El-Rufai again to talk to.

“All my colleagues especially the outgoing ones have contributed a lot today to what we have as Nigeria.’’

The governor also advised the council to set targets for state governors so as to encourage performance in states.

(NAN)

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/331371-population-growth-nigeria-sitting-on-time-bomb-governor-yari.html

Nigeria should invest massively in Agriculture to reduce the effect of problems emanating from high population growth.

The bulk of this problem is coming from the northern part of Nigeria where islamic doctraine made most of their men to marry more than one wife and breeds hundreds of kids of whom they can hardly take care of.

These children turns up as ALMAJIRI CHILDREN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by Redman44(m): 11:35am On May 25, 2019
A high population can be turned to an advantage by leaders with a strong vision for industry and development. We are not even up to 300 Million yet. Indonesia is 270 Million and the country is doing fine. When you have visionary leaders in government, Population will become a tool for development and growth of the GDP. China's factories are serviced with the huge population of the country. With enough hands to work and places to work provided for them, the country will grow steadily on a yearly basis.

2 Likes

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by Mcreloaded(m): 11:37am On May 25, 2019
bastardmod:
Blame the useless prophet of the religion of piss for encouraging many wives and uncountable children just for the sake of competing with the other enlightened religion.

Useless pigs slamming their heads everywhere without sense. You bastards need your useless born throway children to terrorize the country, that's why you keep proliferating without plan...

Bastards. Thunder fire the useless religion of piss and shit
God punish your generations... Useless terrorists

See vex
I beg take am easy
The country can be frustrating all the time
Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by theenchanter: 11:39am On May 25, 2019
Redman44:
A high population can be turned to an advantage by leaders with a strong vision for industry and development. We are not even up to 300 Million yet. Indonesia is 270 Million and the country is doing fine. When you have visionary leaders in government, Population will become a tool for development and growth of the GDP. China's factories are serviced with the huge population of the country. With enough hands to work and places to work provided for them, the country will grow steadily on a yearly basis.
all these are true... but u need skilled/educated people to achieve the feat not improvished souls and illiterates they're breeding up there.

2 Likes

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by excel101(m): 11:39am On May 25, 2019
Gov. Yari the rigger I beg be thinking of how to vacate that sit, and not this population matter you're talking about.
Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by GodisGreat4vr: 11:41am On May 25, 2019
Racoon:
Abeg what kind of weed do these so called northern leaders/elites smoke Emir SLS raised a similar observation some years back but they persecuted him till point of disposing him from the throne.

Meanwhile, the core north is the region that sadly contributed to this ugly & fearful menace.How will scourge like BH, Fulani terrorism, banditary etc end when an 18years fella will marry 4wives and give birth to unproductive population as potential terrorists?
Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by tgmservice: 11:42am On May 25, 2019
Nigerians problem is that a huge percentage of our population are blockheads whereas like China which is over populated too 80% of its people are blessed with intelligence but in Nigeria only 20% are upright

3 Likes

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by socialmediaman: 11:46am On May 25, 2019
Johnnyessence:
Yari is one of the clueless governor Nigeria will ever have. Nigeria population is growing faster and you that ought to cater for the education sector of your state, you are no where to be found. so so pathetic. EFCC should please investigate Yari after handing over to the pdp governor elect. repositioning education sector and adopt good economic policies, then you will see how our population will help our course.

They don’t tell Nigerians how they collect billions of Naira as security votes and allowances in states where people can barely feed or clothe themselves. Politicians in developed countries cannot afford the kind of money Nigerian politicians make, its insane how much we spend on politicians to the detriment of infrastructure, education and well being of the populace
Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by CodeTemplar: 11:50am On May 25, 2019
The northern leaders especially love the idea of a huge population base when they need to win elections and make claim to a bigger allocation. They only tends to complain in their second term when the population isn't needed for voting any longer.
Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by cardoctor(m): 11:53am On May 25, 2019
This one pass bomb.
Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by Mcreloaded(m): 11:54am On May 25, 2019
Agriculture is not the holistic solution
Youths should be engaged like it was done in the early 70s with sports.
Borrow a leaf from Europe you will find out that there are different types of sports very strange type of sports that we have not heard about that engages youths even in their secondary schools it's all about sports and scholarship.

Secondly when electricity is taken cared of I know industries and factories will materialise and you will see youths engaging in small and medium scale welding and fabricating jobs.

And also the government should take care of roads from where these foods are produced to various towns and cities and ports for consumption and export.

Finally and most importantly, mind you this part is my own opinion.

There should be a law that says only persons who are educated maybe to primary 6 should be eligible to vote.
One of my many reasons is that the north can also use this law to force the almagiris to at least get primary 6 certificate because it is these same clueless and illiterate almagiris the northern elite use to hold onto power.
Almagiris are used by the elites in the north to take power again and again knowing fully well the almagiris are clueless illiterate and stupid.

They the northern elite encourage these same illiterates to marry 4 wives and breed almagiris like rats just because they want their population to be more than those in the south all because of election.

The south are more educated and know the consique of breeding children like our illiterate and clueless northern brothers.

Let the law be passed that primary 6 certificate is the least education to be eligible to vote.
You will see that the leaders that will be choose will be different from these looters the illiterate almagiris of northern extraction choose for the few educated persons in the north.

Imagine illiterates choosing leaders for the few literate amongst us all because they are majority and the elites will never encourage them to get education, so that they can be used to vote wrongly.

PEACE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by mrLhanray(m): 11:54am On May 25, 2019
exactly
Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by Nobody: 11:55am On May 25, 2019
Blue3k:
Its weird he mentions everything except the contraceptives, female education and tax incentives to reduce population growth. The population growth rate along side rising unemployment rate is scary. The government has to tackle both immediately with combo of economic reforms and social engineering similar to Singapore not China.

Logically the agricultural sector isnt going to employ more people as a percentage as productivity rise. The main growth in sector is food processing. I'd suggest going towards manufacturing and mining as simple solution.

Please elaborate.

Mining?
Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by Mcreloaded(m): 11:55am On May 25, 2019
They don’t tell Nigerians how they collect billions of Naira as security votes and allowances in states where people can barely feed or clothe themselves. Politicians in developed countries cannot afford the kind of money Nigerian politicians make, its insane how much we spend on politicians to the detriment of infrastructure, education and well being of the populace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by xendra: 11:56am On May 25, 2019
yet the only advice people have to others is go and marry, go and have children as if they have helped you save up for their up-keep

1 Like

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by mrkel(m): 11:58am On May 25, 2019
Redman44:

you are right in your submission. But then I feel birth control remains the best alternative in mitigating our population explosion. Moreso, when viewed from the perspective that in a decade from now we shall be transisting into the fourth industry revolution buoyed by Artificial intelligence. This era will require less human effort in the industry ecosystem and greater emphasis on robots and automation.
Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:01pm On May 25, 2019
How many people are Nigerians how many are from Mali ,how are from chad how are from Niger? We have it so bad with niger that Niger governments came campaigning in Niger!Nigeria Should be declared a continent the border is so porous it is an embarrassments
Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by enemyofprogress: 12:01pm On May 25, 2019
Talk to your fellow haboooooookis modafoka

1 Like

Re: Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari by DarkJeddi(m): 12:04pm On May 25, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Southern Nigeria's fertility rate is not significantly different from the North. It's a general problem to be addressed. Nigerians breed like rats.
There's a significant difference in population growth between North and South,

You can't compare the mainly Monogamous South East households and the predominant Polygamous North..

Let's not even go into age at inception of giving birth,contraceptive availability, education and poverty that contributes to the hyper population growth of the North.

Look around you in the South,how many homeless Almajiris do you see roaming about? shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yakubu Dogara Responds To His Suspension As "Jakadan Bauchi" / Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings / Cost Of Non-Returning Lawmakers Heavy For Democracy — Lawan, Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.