Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan (24087 Views)

Why Are Obidients Saying Tinubu Stole Their Manifesto? / IGBOS: Nobody Complained When You Dominated 90% Of Jonathan’s Administration / Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by nairalaila: 3:32am On May 25, 2019
Patience Jonathan on Friday through her lawyer Chief Ifedayo Adedipe (SAN), urged Justice Mojisola Olatoregun of the Federal High Court to order the release of the $5.7m and N2.4bn seized from her by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, because nobody complained that she stole their money. The former First Lady's lawyer who argued that it was wrong for the anti-graft agency to say the money was stolen, stated that Patience Jonathan had committed no crime and nobody has complained that she stole their money. 

Adedipe who argued that Section 17 of the Advance Fee Fraud which EFCC relied upon to seize Patience’s money was only applicable to fraudsters, stated that Patience received  the money  as a gift  when her husband was in office and such monetary gifts were normal. However EFCC's counsel Mr Rotimi Oyedepo, insisted that the money was the  proceeds of crime. He said; 

“The $5m was not the first respondent’s (Patience’s) legitimate earnings. She was a public servant and a salary earner. The sums cannot be her legitimate income. We urge the court to agree with us and forfeit the sum to the Federal Government.” The case was however adjourned till June 24 for judgment.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/25/nobody-complained-i-stole-their-money-patience-jonathan/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by nairalaila: 3:32am On May 25, 2019
cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by rawpadgin(m): 4:02am On May 25, 2019
Mama P grin

8 Likes

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by reccy(m): 4:37am On May 25, 2019
See this idiot oo.. She will not just stop amusing me. Do you know you stole the money that belongs to Nigerian? And we are complaining through Efcc.. Please refund our yam before I tear you slap... Nonsense

180 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by greatiyk4u(m): 4:39am On May 25, 2019
Every Nigerian outside the corridor of power is complaining bitterly

52 Likes

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by Chinashopping84: 4:54am On May 25, 2019
See mama peace.You stole the masses money.We pay your 1688 suppliers

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by nairalee(m): 4:55am On May 25, 2019
That's not how the judicial system works ma.

I'm anti buhari but that does not mean that I would support u on this one.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by SoNature(m): 4:55am On May 25, 2019
If this is actually true, then it is not only a weak defense but also a very senseless one at that.

You amassed public funds and still have the guts to say nonsense.

When the opposition wins election, we will know how much Mr. Integrity and his gang of charlatans have looted.

I think God cursed Nigeria with bad leaders.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by nepapole(m): 4:56am On May 25, 2019
Diaris God ohhhh!
I miss this woman.

5 Likes

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by CodeTemplar: 4:58am On May 25, 2019
Buhari and silly corruption war. what about tinubu?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by inoki247: 4:58am On May 25, 2019
Lol Yea buh dem dey complain about Yahioo Money dem no fit complain about Politicians instead fools from each region go Hail Dem....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by geesilver(m): 4:59am On May 25, 2019
how do we address this now, sometimes I wonder how we get to this point. you can't even trust any public servant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by justtruth88miSt(f): 5:00am On May 25, 2019
look this thief, fat like pig... greedy and gullible human being....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by ChimuchiYola(f): 5:01am On May 25, 2019
Mama I hail thee

Pls check my signature

1 Like

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 5:02am On May 25, 2019
Let's stop this ...we need to be honest with our selves ...can any first lady claim not to have being receiving "incentives" whilst her husband was head of state/ president. Even Aisha buhari can't claim this
The court needs to face this and if no proofcis tendered let this woman go .

I never respected gej government.. Just too corrupt but we can't deny this .we just can't .why didn't they go after turai yaradua ..Do you know the properties this woman has in Abuja alone ? Even dangote go salute am

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by TheFacelessMan: 5:03am On May 25, 2019
shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by porshnuel: 5:05am On May 25, 2019
This woman was practically the down fall of her husband...nd the main reason i can never work for a female boss..she called ameachi a small boy,even timiply silva....wen u give most nigerian women(feminist) little power they become toxic...literally she was the president nd her husband the first lady...spits

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by deafeyez: 5:05am On May 25, 2019
reccy:
See this idiot oo.. She will not just stop amusing me. Do you know you stole the money that belongs to Nigerian? And we are complaining through Efcc.. Please refund our yam before I tear you slap... Nonsense

Our yam, from the North? Well Nigeria deal mainly on Oil and yam, I don't think any farmer from the North has complained of his missing yam.

Efcc if they don't have any evidence of where this money was lifted they should just let her enjoy her money.

The money is not her salary and the EFCC has not established a fact why punishing her unnecessarily.

Na so life dey, this same EFCC one day will arrest people from this current administration and we will be abusing and defending.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by Quality20(m): 5:06am On May 25, 2019
it's probably oil money. did Niger delta complain that their oil or money was stolen by patience? Even ibori who stole oil money is a great hero in Niger delta. The only ppl who are forbidden from eating and amassing oil money are d non Niger delta ppl

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by Mathiasa(m): 5:08am On May 25, 2019
Madam I hail you and your lawyer, if ur lawyer can say such a thing in court, I guess you are going to lose this one.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by enemyofprogress: 5:08am On May 25, 2019
Hear this modafokn criminal. Only in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 5:09am On May 25, 2019
See wetin d mumu lawyer dey yan 4 mouth? That huge amount of money as gifts? Chai! There is God ooooooooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by BuhariAdvocate: 5:10am On May 25, 2019
You're very stupid oh my God this ugly thing supposed to be cooling in Alagbon.she spent the whole 5years doing father Christmas spent our hard earned money unnecessary things.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 5:10am On May 25, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Buhari and silly corruption war. what about tinubu?

Yes, what about him. He is in Bourdillon. cry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by RichDad1(m): 5:14am On May 25, 2019
On a sane environment, this woman would have been behind bars. undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by Nomeh17(m): 5:14am On May 25, 2019
In as much as I am not in support of stealing of public funds, I think the EFCC has no clear evidence to seize or claim the money.

As her lawyer rightly said no body has come forth to say she stole his money, not even the federal government. Of course, the government has not given her any fund for project and she put it in her private accounts.

As she said, the funds can be gifts. smiley from her well wishers. After all when family and friends gift one money during an event it usually come in big sum. Or church offering.

I am not a lawyer o but just reasoning. EFCC should just better come up with a right claim or release her funds to her.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by adewest1999(m): 5:16am On May 25, 2019
stealing is not corruption by Jona Goodluck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by tunjibadosnen: 5:17am On May 25, 2019
I weep for Nigeria my country, is this how they do in other countries? keep making jest of yourself...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by tunjibadosnen: 5:17am On May 25, 2019
I weep for Nigeria my country, is this how they do in other countries? keep making jest of yourself...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by Craigslists: 5:19am On May 25, 2019
Lol

Na who dem catch be thief.

Although if the lifeless Bubu and his lapdogs (EFCC) does not have the balls to arrest Tinubu or OBJ for crippling this country, then it is safe to say Jonathan and his cronies should be left alone as well.
After all stealing is not corruption (Jona 2015)

Why go after the corrupt politicians when it’s easier to secure the conviction and jail petty thieves like yahoo boys. The last I checked Evans the Billionaire kidnapper is still in detention for how many years now, what are they still investigating?? While they want to secure the conviction of Naira Marley in just three weeks without a fair trial.

According the mentality of Magu (Mugu) and other stupid Nigerians with misplaced priorities, Yahoo boys are the reasons why;

1. Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world.

2. We don’t have stable electricity

3. Boko Haram is killing thousands in North East

4. The rate of unemployment high

5. We don’t have good roads

6. 1 Dollar is equivalent to 360 naira

7. Fulani herdsmen are killing farmers and raping their wives in middle belt.

8. There is high insecurity on Abuja-Kaduna road

So give death sentences or life imprisonment to all the yahoo boys while the corrupt leaders can walk free.

Kill all the yahoo boys because they are the ones holding Nigeria from moving forward.

HYPOCRITES!! If you like jail all the yahoo boys, Nigeria will still remain a sh!thole in 100 years to come if the main problem is not addressed.

#Rest in peace Hungerbad. Tell Oluwa say boys for naija still dey hungry o.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adamu Adamu Tells Students To Take ASUU to court For Damages / Nurse’s Murder: Ugwuanyi Offers N5m To Anybody With Information On Killers / Nnamdi Kanu To UN: Tell Buhari To Release Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.