Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan (24080 Views)

Why Are Obidients Saying Tinubu Stole Their Manifesto? / IGBOS: Nobody Complained When You Dominated 90% Of Jonathan’s Administration / Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by citizenY(m): 12:03am On May 26, 2019
nairalaila:
Patience Jonathan on Friday through her lawyer Chief Ifedayo Adedipe (SAN), urged Justice Mojisola Olatoregun of the Federal High Court to order the release of the $5.7m and N2.4bn seized from her by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, because nobody complained that she stole their money. The former First Lady's lawyer who argued that it was wrong for the anti-graft agency to say the money was stolen, stated that Patience Jonathan had committed no crime and nobody has complained that she stole their money. 

Adedipe who argued that Section 17 of the Advance Fee Fraud which EFCC relied upon to seize Patience’s money was only applicable to fraudsters, stated that Patience received  the money  as a gift  when her husband was in office and such monetary gifts were normal. However EFCC's counsel Mr Rotimi Oyedepo, insisted that the money was the  proceeds of crime. He said; 

“The $5m was not the first respondent’s (Patience’s) legitimate earnings. She was a public servant and a salary earner. The sums cannot be her legitimate income. We urge the court to agree with us and forfeit the sum to the Federal Government.” The case was however adjourned till June 24 for judgment.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/25/nobody-complained-i-stole-their-money-patience-jonathan/

How did she accumulate this amount of money? Certainly not selling crayfish and perwinkle�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by pedel: 1:24am On May 26, 2019
It's turn by turn.
The GEJ government should have tackled the people you mentioned.
PMB can's pursue everyone at the same time. Give them credit for what they are doing.
There will be another government who will go after the people you mentioned if Buhari refuses to do anything about them.
You can't say the police should not arrest a thief simply because there were some thieves still at large.

Mustsucceed:
Let's stop this ...we need to be honest with our selves ...can any first lady claim not to have being receiving "incentives" whilst her husband was head of state/ president. Even Aisha buhari can't claim this
The court needs to face this and if no proofcis tendered let this woman go .

I never respected gej government.. Just too corrupt but we can't deny this .we just can't .why didn't they go after turai yaradua ..Do you know the properties this woman has in Abuja alone ? Even dangote go salute am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by maasoap(m): 3:56pm On May 28, 2019
[quote author=Mustsucceed post=78709353]

There is no law on gifts, my dear. stop this uneccessary talks abeg ..

Not even you believed it for a second that all those billions in currency and properties are gifts. So, stop ridiculing yourself on a public forum.

Please tell us how she stole,under what mda? Does she have power to take funds from government? if you wish to get her,get her husband
Iam aware of her hotel and the extravagance as much as are pained there is no single law .if she was the president this won't hold but on her,it holds .

Iam sorry as much as its painful and unbelievable.. Its the law !

She should provide evidence by mentioning those who gave her the billions of naira and millions of dollars in gifts, together with the date now.
Many didn't have power to take the government money but the money still ended up in their accounts as personal money.
Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 28, 2019
[quote author=maasoap post=78798795][/quote]

Guy ,dey go abeg ....you are busy talking trash over patience ..face the present sees how your next level change has turned this country .

Don't quote me again else I will invoke Ogun on you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan by maasoap(m): 6:34pm On May 31, 2019
Mustsucceed:

Guy ,dey go abeg ....you are busy talking trash over patience .. face the present sees how your next level change has turned this country .

Don't quote me again else I will invoke Ogun on you

How was this country before? A single thief with over 6 million dollars and over 2 billion naira in her accounts! With five star hotel and other hidden properties acquired just under five years as the wife of a president! That's your future and that of your children, keep defending.
Talking about quoting you and invoking Ogun, are you afraid of your shadow?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonah Jang's Aide Delivered Cash In Ghana-must-go Bags To Him - Politics Nigeria / Nnamdi Kanu To UN: Tell Buhari To Release Sowore / No Corrupt Politician Will Win Presidential Election – Olumba Olumba Obu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.