Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? (21615 Views)

A Vehicle Without Driver Kills A Woman In Anambra / Boy Hawking Groundnut Hit By A Vehicle On Kaduna Expressway, Dies (Photos) / Ghanaian Lady Made To Jump Into Gutter To Pick What She Threw In There (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by TheFacelessMan: 5:52am On May 27, 2019
angry

For me as the Faceless Man, YES.

For you, NO

[img]https:///media/5-27-2019/k5SXA_.gif[/img]
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by flyingdutchman(m): 5:55am On May 27, 2019
God has given every man instincts and reflex. Use it. Forget the man. Make I drive 911 at top speed towards his car on a narrow lane if he won't jump out!

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by skayT: 5:58am On May 27, 2019
Jumping out of an accident bound vehicle is the fastest way to die. I can still remember how a neighbor of mine died in an accident bound car that had 5 occupants. He jumped out of the car, as he was seated beside the door. The car somersaulted and the door of the car landed on him. He was the only one that died in the car.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Senatorbng(m): 6:03am On May 27, 2019
Abeg ask Senator Dino Melaye.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by helinues: 6:11am On May 27, 2019
In some situations, advise is not useful but an instinct.

When the timing is right like the op did, luck do the remaining. Hadn't been he did not jump the keke, he might not survive the light crash.. Ezeugo

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Konskott(m): 6:15am On May 27, 2019
Ask Dino Melaye.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by deltateam: 6:19am On May 27, 2019
flames007:
in that scenario,there's two evils to choose from.
1)take the suituation into ur hand jump and risk a little injury(hopefully) but with ur life intact. Or
2)sit in the keke and hope to God that a fatal accident does not take place'in which case might have been fatal to ur life.

What if you jump and an incoming vehicle crushes you or you jump and land your head on road . its not advisable.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Philinho(m): 6:23am On May 27, 2019
Very dangerous...
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Scatterscatter(m): 6:25am On May 27, 2019
Jumping out isn't the issue, just make sure you don't land in the hands of your village people lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Lovelyn451(f): 6:27am On May 27, 2019
Please don't try it, I've heard so many incidents of people who jumped out and died but at last, there was no accident

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Sanemind(m): 6:28am On May 27, 2019
That shit killed my friend!!
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by FASASI1(m): 6:29am On May 27, 2019
Thank God for you but it depends on the speed if it's not like and it's a bus moving on high speed OMO the way your one will break ehn you will regret. Like a strore similar to your situation, I heard a guy was inside a danfo the danfo was running on high speed and the brake fail to apply. A nigga that was sitting beside the door quickly jumped down he broke his hand and leg but fortunately the brake letter applied and nothing happened to anybody apart from the guy
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Perfectbeing(m): 6:30am On May 27, 2019
Some weeks ago someone posted an accident scene, where a keke and all its occupants were crushed by a train. If they had jumped off from the keke, I think they'd be alive now
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Yankiss(m): 6:32am On May 27, 2019
The situation will decide. Use your brain and intuition. U may jimp out and be run over by an oncoming vehicle, u might stay and be crushed in the vehicular accident. Use your intuition. There is no hard and fast rules about it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by xmortalz: 6:32am On May 27, 2019
Tricky question. Usually if a vehicle is moving fast enough to cause injury to those inside, jumping out would most likely result in a fatal injury. Trust me uh wouldn't imagine the high velocity ur head would hit the pavement. U have a higher chance of survival if u brace yourself inside the vehicle.
Better still u can ask Tom Cruise to teach u how to jump and role else bro that concrete will happily split open ur head.
Anyway which ever onevu decide to do, back it up with prayer.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Tapout(m): 6:33am On May 27, 2019
Holycity:
this morning I took a keke from my street, at the end of the street there is something like a little hill before you enter the high way, and as the keke was climbing this hill at a point, the brake fail the driver try all he could, nothing seems to work and the keke was coming down to no direction, went I saw a chance for me to get out I did, although I fell because of the speed it was using to come down bt I was not wounded, the keke stop only after hitting someone building. after the whole thing a man came and warn me, that should not always jump out of a vehicle during accidents, that I should always stay inside the car... I was like will I see dead coming and still wait for it...

my question now is: is it safe to jump out of a vehicle during accidents?

sometimes its best u brace for impact.....but if there are higher chances of u surviving by jumping out, then go for it. by this i mean no oncoming vehicle that will finish u up, like someone used a trailer for an instance.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Slurity(m): 6:43am On May 27, 2019
all depending on your instinct. You will always be guided by your spirit man to life or to death. You really have little say
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by SjMbula(m): 6:52am On May 27, 2019
You were about cumming inside her while you on high speed, you pulled out and splash it on bed, you are now here figuratively asking us questions, see your eyes, i know you, that was lighter mood, bros it depends sha, congrats Baba God na him save you.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by adedayoa2(f): 6:52am On May 27, 2019
Hmmmm, something like this actually happened the other day and the person that jumped out was the only person that died. And there was another case, it was the driver that even jumped out, he was also the only person that died.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by salford1: 6:56am On May 27, 2019
timifakay:

Jumping out of a moving vehicle always exposes the jumper to greater amount of danger:
1. You forfeit the protection of the vehicle frame/ shell
2. You risk bruises on landing.
3. You risk jumping in the path of other road users, especially motorists who have noticed yours lost control and trying to avoid it.
4. You are leaving certainty for uncertainty as you do not know for sure what surface you will land on.
5. The vehicle which you jump out of could eventually land on the jumper...

These do not mean staying is always safer and guarantee minimal injury, but there's too much risk associated with jumping.
Bruise is small. You forgot the spine and head. Very delicate parts of the body.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Chiachifranklin: 6:57am On May 27, 2019
Never try Jumping out please!. U can only jump out if is a case of fire incident, cases where passengers jumped out of moving traffic had always been deadly accident, u may jump n hit ur head on d road that's instant death or even got smashed by up coming vehicle. please don't jump!
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by stanliwise(m): 7:09am On May 27, 2019
Holycity:
this morning I took a keke from my street, at the end of the street there is something like a little hill before you enter the high way, and as the keke was climbing this hill at a point, the brake fail the driver try all he could, nothing seems to work and the keke was coming down to no direction, went I saw a chance for me to get out I did, although I fell because of the speed it was using to come down bt I was not wounded, the keke stop only after hitting someone building. after the whole thing a man came and warn me, that should not always jump out of a vehicle during accidents, that I should always stay inside the car... I was like will I see dead coming and still wait for it...

Your survival instinct is most fitting o. But having the calmness to look before leaping would be a wise decision.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by crowley(m): 7:09am On May 27, 2019
Lots of factors to consider.. location, traffic, speed, ur jumping credentials, sitting position, nature of the road. you dont want to jump from a vehicle moving very fast on a busy express, you could crack open your skull nd break every bone in ur body, b4 further causing more accidents (an upcoming driver seeing you jump out of a moving vehicle would react on instinct to avoid you and lose control causing a chain reaction). if u are in a travelling bus, nd nt by the door, dont even try it. trust me, i have done it. (was travelling nd driver said brake not responding, i got up shouting open door, everyone started screeming oh, driver was shouting calm down, no one was paying attention. na so one guy open door fly oh. na so everybody dey rush go door dey fly, me wer bring the idea dey back of bus no space to move go door cuz of the comotion. las las when abt 7 people don fly nai the bus slow down come park. driver say the break don dey work grin grin ) anytime i think abt it, wud jus b laffn. jumpers got injured

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Sluacoast(m): 7:09am On May 27, 2019
KingAzubuike:
That's why I always sit close to the window. Just in case. grin
�What if that position has been occupied by a occupant. You will just step down because you wont be sitting there.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:10am On May 27, 2019
The man may be wrong or right but thank your God you were safe..my best advice is LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by SaucyBenks(m): 7:13am On May 27, 2019
You could jump out n unknown to you, another car or trailer or motorcycle coming right behind your vehicle climbs you as you fell on the roadside... N it could be that if you stayed back in the car, you may have survived it... That's what I think he's trying to say.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Hoodbilonia: 7:18am On May 27, 2019
Depends
Buh ubno geh choice
Juz like krav maga wud say
Guide your head first
Cos once hesd bang ground
U fit from the see mary see jesus

Everyone must own a car abeg
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Netfilix: 7:19am On May 27, 2019
Holycity:

Just look before you jump... The energy and the readiness won't let you injure badly if you jump out.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by bencruz802000(m): 7:20am On May 27, 2019
I think he was only concern so that incoming vehicle doesn't hit you as you jump off.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Walking(m): 7:21am On May 27, 2019
You can only know when you are in the situation...
No one can offer a better answer or advice on this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Any Tell Me Which Country Nigeria Passport Holder Can Go Without Visa / Dangote Truck Rams Into Garage In Ibadan, Kills One Person (Photos) / Man Survives Terrible Motor Accident In Ashaka, Delta State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.