Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? (21601 Views)

A Vehicle Without Driver Kills A Woman In Anambra / Boy Hawking Groundnut Hit By A Vehicle On Kaduna Expressway, Dies (Photos) / Ghanaian Lady Made To Jump Into Gutter To Pick What She Threw In There (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Holycity(f): 1:34pm On May 25, 2019
this morning I took a keke from my street, at the end of the street there is something like a little hill before you enter the high way, and as the keke was climbing this hill at a point, the brake fail the driver try all he could, nothing seems to work and the keke was coming down to no direction, went I saw a chance for me to get out I did, although I fell because of the speed it was using to come down bt I was not wounded, the keke stop only after hitting someone building. after the whole thing a man came and warn me, that should not always jump out of a vehicle during accidents, that I should always stay inside the car... I was like will I see dead coming and still wait for it...

my question now is: is it safe to jump out of a vehicle during accidents?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by flames007(m): 1:53pm On May 25, 2019
Holycity:
this morning I took a keke from my street, at the end of the street there is something like a little hill before you enter the high way, and as the keke was climbing this hill at a point, the brake fail the driver try all he could, nothing seems to work and the keke was coming down to no direction, went I saw a chance for me to get out I did, although I fell because of the speed it was using to come down bt I was not wounded, the keke stop only after hitting someone building. after the whole thing a man came and warn me, that should not always jump out of a vehicle during accidents, that I should always stay inside the car... I was like will I see dead coming and still wait for it...
my question now is: is it safe to jump out of a vehicle during accidents
it's not every advice that one takes.let's assume(God forbid)the keke lost control and entered trailer's path.will he give that rubbish advice? No!!

175 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Holycity(f): 2:20pm On May 25, 2019
flames007:
it's not every advice that one takes.let's assume(God forbid)the keke lost control and entered trailer's path.will he give that rubbish advice? No!!

he was saying what if you jumped out and something bad happen to you

13 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Timagex(m): 2:21pm On May 25, 2019
First of all, let's blame james bond and fast and furious! cool. Tbh, in situations like that, you only have seconds to think. So, we can't blame the man and you. Both of you are right. Congratulations on your second life line... grin cheesy

160 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:48pm On May 25, 2019
Lots of factors, it's not a question with a definite answer. You're basically between a rock and a hard place, and you have seconds to decide which cause of action will yield the least collateral damage.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by flames007(m): 2:53pm On May 25, 2019
Holycity:

he was saying what if you jumped out and something bad happen to you
in that scenario,there's two evils to choose from.
1)take the suituation into ur hand jump and risk a little injury(hopefully) but with ur life intact. Or
2)sit in the keke and hope to God that a fatal accident does not take place'in which case might have been fatal to ur life.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by airlord2020: 2:59pm On May 25, 2019

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by nurey(m): 6:31am On May 26, 2019
Holycity:

you don't jump out of a moving vehicle when in danger but you roll off the vehicle, this gives you less incident of injury, more control on positioning yourself and less risk of been hit by the car you are jumping from or slamming into another vehicle or object.

21 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by timifakay(m): 4:17am On May 27, 2019
Holycity:

Jumping out of a moving vehicle always exposes the jumper to greater amount of danger:
1. You forfeit the protection of the vehicle frame/ shell
2. You risk bruises on landing.
3. You risk jumping in the path of other road users, especially motorists who have noticed yours lost control and trying to avoid it.
4. You are leaving certainty for uncertainty as you do not know for sure what surface you will land on.
5. The vehicle which you jump out of could eventually land on the jumper...

These do not mean staying is always safer and guarantee minimal injury, but there's too much risk associated with jumping.

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Juell(m): 5:34am On May 27, 2019
Only in movies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Nobody: 5:35am On May 27, 2019
Depends if your time is up. Whether you jump or not u stil fit die cheesy

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by ozento: 5:36am On May 27, 2019
it is safe to jump out only if ur village pipo are nt watching.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by PotatoSalad(m): 5:37am On May 27, 2019
It's quite possible and depends on the angle you're jumping to. Simple physics. We'll be dealing with gravity, inertia and terminal velocity
You're moving at the same speed with the car so you have to jump to the opposite angle of the moving car and you might be lucky to land unharmed or you might end up getting run over by another speeding car or land on your head against the asphalt thereby creating a pretty visual art.
Why would you even think of it when accidents happen in split second? Your brain will still be trying to process what's about to happen. If you know what it feels like to have a gun pointed to your head, that's the same feeling. You'll become motionless. Your palms will feel like a ton.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Bossontop(m): 5:38am On May 27, 2019
undecided
If d coast is very clear and it is safer to jump out if u like fly, roll, dive out of d vehicle......better safe than sorry, jus look b4 u leap sha

18 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Hadone(m): 5:39am On May 27, 2019
It depends. But in many practical instances, the jumper can mistakenly lost his life or sustain more injuries than other occupants

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by tydi(m): 5:39am On May 27, 2019
shocked

I always consider that to be one of the bravest risk anyone can take, but on the second thought don't you guys think the devil you know is far more better that the angel you know not... So if you find yourself in that situation I advise you take the bull by the horn and jump.

You might well land in mouka foam..

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by femichill: 5:39am On May 27, 2019
You don't need to every advise. An accident happened in iju when train killed 4 passengers of Keke napep. It was only the guy that jumped that survive. If you follow such warning, my brother, na die be that. it is advisable to follow your gut and hope for the best.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by lanrexdo(m): 5:39am On May 27, 2019
Not all the time you jump out of a moving vechile even when you see an accident except you are sure you will die in the vehicle .

I have seen instant that people out of jump out of a moving vehicle and died because they actually jumped to there death.

You have to analyze the situation before taking action not because of fear but because that is the right thing to do to save your life.

ciao.

You got lucky today doesn't mean you will get lucky tomorrow.

Stay safe.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by bennynaza(m): 5:39am On May 27, 2019
It's just a matter of commonsense. The most important tact in situations like this is to try as much as possible to remain calm. It allows you to think better and make the right choice.
Jumping out can in one case be the right option and in another case be the wrong option.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by GTFOH: 5:39am On May 27, 2019
your instincts will tell you what to do !!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by KingAzubuike(f): 5:40am On May 27, 2019
That's why I always sit close to the window. Just in case. grin

4 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by snnaija(f): 5:40am On May 27, 2019
what if it never happens
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by solmusdesigns: 5:41am On May 27, 2019
cool

You either jump off or brass up for impact.

Most crashes are less fatal if you are straped on collision or brass up tightly to something so you don't get thrown about on collision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Hotzone(m): 5:41am On May 27, 2019
But be discret about it and avoid hitting your heard on the tarred road or been smashed by another moving vehicle
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by MarvayBlog: 5:44am On May 27, 2019
Jumping out of a moving vehicle is one of the fastest ways to die or remain permanently disabled. In most cases you are actually safer in the vehicle than jumping out but then being inside still depends on the kind of accident.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Tomoyayi(m): 5:45am On May 27, 2019
Jumping out or staying in the vehicle guarantees nothing.
In most cases fear takes over when an accident is about to happen.
You can only jump out if you're beside an exit and aware an accident is about to happen.
Na God dey in control.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by bibiking7(m): 5:46am On May 27, 2019

You could jump out and get crushed by another car (God forbid) and you could stay inside and still get crushed by another car or truck. We will never know, maybe somethings were just meant to happen. Just go with you instinct.

A truck fell from the bridge at ojuelegba and crushed a car. Are we going to blame the driver of the car for being negligent. Wetin go happen go happen.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by kittykollinxx(m): 5:46am On May 27, 2019
Are you Jackie chan?
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by cuteluks(f): 5:46am On May 27, 2019
It depends, you should only jump out when the path is clear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by freemi(m): 5:48am On May 27, 2019
Hadone:
It depends. But in many practical instances, the jumper can mistakenly lost his life or sustain more injuries than other occupants
that's if a mark Truck doesn't crush the occupants

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by ademoladeji(m): 5:51am On May 27, 2019
I don't think so. It might be worse jumping off
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Alexrayz(m): 5:52am On May 27, 2019
flames007:

What if as u jump dangote trailer pick u up

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Reopens Third Mainland Bridge Ahead Of Scheduled Time / If You Want To Travel To Kenya, Malindi Is The Place. . ! / Nigerian Government Suspends Dana Air - Daily Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.