Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:03 AM

Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? (21847 Views)

Man Attempts To Jump Over A Moving Car (Video) / Boy Hawking Groundnut Hit By A Vehicle On Kaduna Expressway, Dies (Photos) / Ghanaian Lady Made To Jump Into Gutter To Pick What She Threw In There (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by hysteriabox(m): 7:22am On May 27, 2019
Left Eye tried it... She is history now

Anyways...
Just make sure you do what we taught back in the day : look left, right, then look left again
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by hysteriabox(m): 7:26am On May 27, 2019
PotatoSalad:
It's quite possible and depends on the angle you're jumping to. Simple physics. We'll be dealing with gravity, inertia and terminal velocity
You're moving at the same speed with the car so you have to jump to the opposite angle of the moving car and you might be lucky to land unharmed or you might end up getting run over by another speeding car or land on your head against the asphalt thereby creating a pretty visual art.
Why would you even think of it when accidents happen in split second? Your brain will still be trying to process what's about to happen. If you know what it feels like to have a gun pointed to your head, that's the same feeling. You'll become motionless. Your palms will feel like a ton.

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by blowjohn(m): 7:29am On May 27, 2019
flames007:
in that scenario,there's two evils to choose from.
1)take the suituation into ur hand jump and risk a little injury(hopefully) but with ur life intact. Or
2)sit in the keke and hope to God that a fatal accident does not take place'in which case might have been fatal to ur life.

never estimate the damage jumping off a vehicle can cause sha.

All in all, I'd jump of in a case of a life threatening scenario related to the car or it's occupants

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by NoToPile: 7:30am On May 27, 2019
Lots of factors to consider, speed of the vehicle, type of road, etc etc
Follow your instinct

But if its something like a train is coming and you are trapped on the rail track in a keke or car or whatever jump out. This one doesnt need advise.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by wifeesnatcher(m): 7:31am On May 27, 2019
femichill:
You don't need to every advise. An accident happened in iju when train killed 4 passengers of Keke napep. It was only the guy that jumped that survive. If you follow such warning, my brother, na die be that. it is advisable to follow your gut and hope for the best.

never knew someone survive from the accident, nice one.

Op it depends on the area o, you can't jump out if na express but if na remote/isolated road, you can quickly watch before jumping and it even depend on the speed the vehicle is running

may God continue to protect us
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by dovakhiin(m): 7:32am On May 27, 2019
grin is it safe to hug transformer to avoid pissing on it?
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by openmine(m): 7:35am On May 27, 2019
ozento:
it is safe to jump out only if ur village pipo are nt watching.

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by don4real18(m): 7:36am On May 27, 2019
This reminds me of my stint as a the British Queen's undercover agent in Russia. I was in a vehicle with the crime boss who had my hands behind my back in knots. When he was rest assured that I wouldn't be able to escape, he gave me the info I needed. That was all I needed anyway. So, I loosed the knots and knocked out his guards on my left and right then the boss tried to shoot me but I ducked and the bullet hit the driver making the car spiral out of control. I kicked the boss on the neck with my sleek Italian shoe then forced the door opened and rolled out while the car went off a bridge. Well, those were my days as agent 012. I still miss it
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Kokoebapluse(m): 7:43am On May 27, 2019
grin site in waitin? Abi I dey craz? If what am in lose control then I will jump on land that won't lose control, even if I die because I jumped I won't die in pieces.

Die with complete body is better than die in pieces.

After all there is 80% assurance by jumping, and there is 95% assurance that stay in that car may cause death or if that car catch fire at the same time. Tell me who will stop me not to gbe body and soul at the same time?
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Nobody: 7:43am On May 27, 2019
Holycity:
this morning I took a keke from my street, at the end of the street there is something like a little hill before you enter the high way, and as the keke was climbing this hill at a point, the brake fail the driver try all he could, nothing seems to work and the keke was coming down to no direction, went I saw a chance for me to get out I did, although I fell because of the speed it was using to come down bt I was not wounded, the keke stop only after hitting someone building. after the whole thing a man came and warn me, that should not always jump out of a vehicle during accidents, that I should always stay inside the car... I was like will I see dead coming and still wait for it...

my question now is: is it safe to jump out of a vehicle during accidents?

You did the right thing.

Many have saved their life by taking that desperate measure. Many more should when in one chance situations.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Reference(m): 7:50am On May 27, 2019
Holycity:
this morning I took a keke from my street, at the end of the street there is something like a little hill before you enter the high way, and as the keke was climbing this hill at a point, the brake fail the driver try all he could, nothing seems to work and the keke was coming down to no direction, went I saw a chance for me to get out I did, although I fell because of the speed it was using to come down bt I was not wounded, the keke stop only after hitting someone building. after the whole thing a man came and warn me, that should not always jump out of a vehicle during accidents, that I should always stay inside the car... I was like will I see dead coming and still wait for it...

Generally. No. The reason is simple physics. You transfer momentum from the vehicle to your body. You are still moving at the same velocity as the vehicle at the point of departure so you are likely to contact whatever you are seeking to avoid with the same energy dissipating albeit over a smaller mass which is you. No matter how bad a crash is. The vehicle is bound to absorb the bulk of the contact/collision energy. Which means if a person is killed inside a vehicular crash, it would be a certainty if the person elects to bail out.

However if the vehicle looses much of its velocity and a person observes greater danger coming such as an on coming vehicle, or a cliff edge then such idea may be reasonable.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by BitmapStudios: 7:53am On May 27, 2019
Timagex:
First of all, let's blame james bond and fast and furious! cool. Tbh, in situations like that, you only have seconds to think. So, we can't blame the man and you. Both of you are right. Congratulations on your second life line... grin cheesy
Dem say make you put signature and juss write signature... Na real wa for you boss. grin grin cool
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by femmoy(m): 7:54am On May 27, 2019
the simple answer to ur question is NO,it isn't safe to jump down from a moving vehicle during accident or mishaps.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by lapazi(m): 8:00am On May 27, 2019
flames007:
it's not every advice that one takes.let's assume(God forbid)the keke lost control and entered trailer's path.will he give that rubbish advice? No!!

You have more chance surviving in the vehicle than jumping off, another vehicle might be trying to evade the crash behind you, you might even jump into the opposite traffic, you might jumo off and hit your head etc.

I knew a guy that jumped off a car abt to crash and eventually met his death, while every other person in the car left unharm.

This is a solid advise.

In all na God dey protect.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Nobody: 8:04am On May 27, 2019
flames007:
it's not every advice that one takes.let's assume(God forbid)the keke lost control and entered trailer's path.will he give that rubbish advice? No!!
never again refer to what anyone says as rubbish. It might seem irrelevant to you, but never rubbish.

On the said issue, let wisdom lead and let our decision or decisions be the best for us. I've lost a friend who died due to same scenerio. She jumped out of an accident laden bus only to be crushed to pieces while the rest remained untainted.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by clive2u(m): 8:07am On May 27, 2019
Op just go check for internal bleeding, if u find a gud angle to jump pls jump.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by davien(m): 8:11am On May 27, 2019
I jumped out of a bike when the bike man was about to hit a car... I had no injuries because I didn't jump anyhow, I anticipated when and how to, plus no other cars where on the way... the bike man flew into the street once he hit the car and got hurt badly. Use your initiative in situations like that.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by KingAzubuike(f): 8:19am On May 27, 2019
Chiachifranklin:
Never try Jumping out please!. U can only jump out if is a case of fire incident, cases where passengers jumped out of moving traffic had always been deadly accident, u may jump n hit ur head on d road that's instant death or even got smashed by up coming vehicle. please don't jump!
So they should stay inside the vehicle and die instead is what you're saying?
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by kutenrich(m): 8:22am On May 27, 2019
Scenario matters, I could remember travelling to portharcout from owerri and the bus I was in had a tyre outburst while in motion and out of fear a lady close to the window tried jumping out you can imagine such a big risk , but we held her even in our general panic mood.
At the end of the few minutes fast and furious scene the driver was able to control the car out of the express
Now imagine What would have happened to that woman if she had jumped when the car was in serious motion.
At the end of the day scenarios matter.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Rexmy(m): 8:26am On May 27, 2019
People can talk sha... Like in such situation you'll have the luxury of time to start analyzing grin
My friend, jump like a jumper... So far the speed is not like that of a jet and there's an opportunity for a happy landing.
And if you eventually get injured, then that's your accident... You can always treat yourself. It's better safe than sorry!

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by megareal: 8:31am On May 27, 2019
Someone I knew died doing that. Irony was that nobody died except him.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Timagex(m): 8:35am On May 27, 2019
BitmapStudios:

Dem say make you put signature and juss write signature... Na real wa for you boss. grin grin cool
grin grin grin. You follow me reach here? cool
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by SaturnNick(m): 8:44am On May 27, 2019
PotatoSalad:
It's quite possible and depends on the angle you're jumping to. Simple physics. We'll be dealing with gravity, inertia and terminal velocity
You're moving at the same speed with the car so you have to jump to the opposite angle of the moving car and you might be lucky to land unharmed or you might end up getting run over by another speeding car or land on your head against the asphalt thereby creating a pretty visual art.
Why would you even think of it when accidents happen in split second? Your brain will still be trying to process what's about to happen. If you know what it feels like to have a gun pointed to your head, that's the same feeling. You'll become motionless. Your palms will feel like a ton.
Have you had a gun pointed to your head?
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by trevorhorace(m): 8:44am On May 27, 2019
Check if the coast is clear and jump forward. Always jump forward to sustain minimal injuries due to relative motion.
Trust me you aren't out of place cos you have 70% survival rate than just remaining and hoping.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by wizzy41(m): 8:44am On May 27, 2019
muah I go look for back wella see if there's any incoming vehicle by d side then I will jump for my life, I studied jumping in the higher institution, I will apply whatsoever our Chinese lecturer taught us,abeg life no get duplicate. in this situation, the probability of sustaining injuries possibly death btw staying inside the vehicle and jumping is just 25%/75%.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Nobody: 8:56am On May 27, 2019
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Pat081: 8:57am On May 27, 2019
It may be good luck or badluck 50 50
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by melodyogonna(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2019
Holycity:

he was saying what if you jumped out and something bad happen to you
What if you stayed and bad thing happen to u?

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by donjosh47: 9:07am On May 27, 2019
flames007:
what if he had jumped and went under a moving Trailer nko?

For everything in life, we should be cautious and seek the grace of God

Taink You
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by BitmapStudios: 9:14am On May 27, 2019
Timagex:
grin grin grin. You follow me reach here? cool
No ooo I juss see you for FP kon say, ah na this oga be this o. grin cool
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by darealez(m): 9:38am On May 27, 2019
Holycity:

Risks everywhere. If the vehicle moves at great speed, please don't try it... Also runs the risk of been hit by something worse. Anyways if jumping out seems best for analytical reasons rather than fear, jump. Unfortunately, not everyone can analyse such situations in a minute second

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Man Slumps While Driving, Dies In Accident / Can Any Tell Me Which Country Nigeria Passport Holder Can Go Without Visa / Coca-Cola Truck Kills Schoolgirl In Anambra (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.