Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,755 members, 7,959,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:51 PM

Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? (21862 Views)

Man Attempts To Jump Over A Moving Car (Video) / Boy Hawking Groundnut Hit By A Vehicle On Kaduna Expressway, Dies (Photos) / Ghanaian Lady Made To Jump Into Gutter To Pick What She Threw In There (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by scorpiogal(f): 9:50am On May 27, 2019
A friend and I jumped out of a danfo, when it lost its brake, for those who are familiar with UNIBEN,
just immediately after the main gate, going to isihor, and it's an express. We were by the door and I motioned to friend we should jump. We jumped, and I swear to God, the bus we jumped out from almost climbed my head.

We sustained minor injuries, I think I sprained my ankle, while my friend had bruises. It was crazy. And as you were advised, that was how onlookers told us never to jump out from a moving vehicle again.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Shanana1(m): 9:56am On May 27, 2019
Holycity:

he was saying what if you jumped out and something bad happen to you
but something bad is about to happen, taking risk in that wise is not a bad thing..
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Timagex(m): 9:58am On May 27, 2019
BitmapStudios:

No ooo I juss see you for FP kon say, ah na this oga be this o. grin cool
. You no fit change! Aswearugaud!!! cool cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by luluman: 10:19am On May 27, 2019
Holycity:
this morning I took a keke from my street, at the end of the street there is something like a little hill before you enter the high way, and as the keke was climbing this hill at a point, the brake fail the driver try all he could, nothing seems to work and the keke was coming down to no direction, went I saw a chance for me to get out I did, although I fell because of the speed it was using to come down bt I was not wounded, the keke stop only after hitting someone building. after the whole thing a man came and warn me, that should not always jump out of a vehicle during accidents, that I should always stay inside the car... I was like will I see dead coming and still wait for it...

my question now is: is it safe to jump out of a vehicle during accidents?
Its a 50-50 thing.Nobody can guarantee whether its safe or not.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Chiachifranklin: 10:43am On May 27, 2019
KingAzubuike:

So they should stay inside the vehicle and die instead is what you're saying?
No most times u discover that d disadvantages associated with jumping out n actually staying has ever been dangerous. But if one's spirit is convinced of jumping in out, is @one's discretion
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by PotatoSalad(m): 10:54am On May 27, 2019
SaturnNick:
Have you had a gun pointed to your head?
Yup, armed robbers
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by JOANDIVA(f): 11:43am On May 27, 2019
That is how my primary 4 teacher died. He jumped out of a moving bus because the driver lost control. Eventually he died and others in the car were unhurt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Kennyman389: 11:55am On May 27, 2019
Please and please my sister don't try it again! It is very risky.let me tell you about that kind of incidents that happened exactly a year ago, my boss and his family were traveling home an accident occurred they were six on board one of them was trying to jump out of the vehicle it was the vehicle that even crushed him to death while the remaining people sustained little injuries but they are still alive.so, it is not advisable to jump
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by KingAzubuike(f): 12:19pm On May 27, 2019
Chiachifranklin:
No most times u discover that d disadvantages associated with jumping out n actually staying has ever been dangerous. But if one's spirit is convinced of jumping in out, is @one's discretion
Oga in cases of an impending head on collision , jumping out is a far better option. Fine the laws of physics involving momentum and shìt is at play at least you have a better chance of surviving than being cut like minced meat in the wreckage following a head on collision.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by mechanics(m): 12:21pm On May 27, 2019
Just watch for oncoming vehicles when jumping out.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Lawnray: 1:10pm On May 27, 2019
It happened to me when i was j primary school, we were returning home from a family outing when fire burst out from the car's bonnet, i did nkt know how i jumped out through the window,d fire was later stopped and I was told not to try that again because another car might be coming
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 27, 2019
That james bond and batman jumps out of a moving vehicle without injuries doesnt mean u should be doin it. Real life is different from movies. Next time always remain in d vehicle and hope for d best cos dat is safer than jumping like batman or james bond from a moving vehicle. U could jump and land in front of an upcoming dangote truck or u could land ur cranium on the tarred road. Then wat do u tink wil be d result.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by LeoFish92(m): 3:53pm On May 27, 2019
Reference:

Generally. No. The reason is simple physics. You transfer momentum from the vehicle to your body. You are still moving at the same velocity as the vehicle at the point of departure so you are likely to contact whatever you are seeking to avoid with the same energy dissipating albeit over a smaller mass which is you. No matter how bad a crash is. The vehicle is bound to absorb the bulk of the contact/collision energy. Which means if a person is killed inside a vehicular crash, it would be a certainty if the person elects to bail out.

However if the vehicle looses much of its velocity and a person observes greater danger coming such as an on coming vehicle, or a cliff edge then such idea may be reasonable.

Your explanation deserves a thousand likes!

Apt!
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by SaturnNick(m): 7:12pm On May 27, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Yup, armed robbers
Ohhh... Bad experience bro... Tnk God for life

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 27, 2019
cuteluks:
It depends, you should only jump out when the path is clear

This is the simple summary of all the bla bla bla up there. It's a matter of space, chance and time my sister.
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by NovusHomo(m): 3:29am On May 28, 2019
Holycity:
this morning I took a keke from my street, at the end of the street there is something like a little hill before you enter the high way, and as the keke was climbing this hill at a point, the brake fail the driver try all he could, nothing seems to work and the keke was coming down to no direction, went I saw a chance for me to get out I did, although I fell because of the speed it was using to come down bt I was not wounded, the keke stop only after hitting someone building. after the whole thing a man came and warn me, that should not always jump out of a vehicle during accidents, that I should always stay inside the car... I was like will I see dead coming and still wait for it...

my question now is: is it safe to jump out of a vehicle during accidents?

Yes, it is safe. You will not know this until you try it. grin grin grin
Re: Is It Safe To Jump Out Of A Vehicle To Avoid Being In An Accident? by Jackzillionaire(m): 8:02pm On May 31, 2019
Odikwa very risky.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coca-Cola Truck Kills Schoolgirl In Anambra (Graphic Photos) / Latvia University Issue / BRT Bus On Fire At Unilag Water-front

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.