Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

It's Not Enough To Know Christ. Does He Know You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Not Enough To Know Christ. Does He Know You? (185 Views)

Jesus Christ Does Not Have The Ability To Love All Those His Father Love. / If Allah Is God, Why Does He Pray For Muhammad? Surah 33:43, 33:56, And 2:157? / If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's Not Enough To Know Christ. Does He Know You? by pressplay411(m): 10:48pm On May 25, 2019
It's Not Enough To Know Christ. Does He Know You?
=========================================
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Matthew 7:21-23

Who does Christ know?
-One who does the will of the Father in heaven.
-One who does not practise lawlessness.

Knowing and Doing God's Will is imperative as well as being Obedient to God's commands/laws.
How can we know God's Will?
Through Discipleship under Christ.

-Studying His Word and Yielding to the Holy Spirit.
-Renewing of our Minds by the Word and Transforming from our Old nature into Christ's Nature- Bearing the Fruit of the Spirit.
-Not forsaking the gathering of Saints. Learning under the Ministry Gifts. Recognising and functioning in our place in the Body of Christ. Becoming responsible in our spiritual family for the establishment of God's Kingdom and Righteousness.

Christianity (Following Christ) is not touch-and-go, it's not hit-and-run. It's not one-night-stand. It's not a charm you use when you're in trouble.
It is Commitment and Consistency.

But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” Luke 9:62

Christ's knows the intents of our hearts. He know those that want him for the food, for the healing, for the attention, for the power, etc.
And He knows his Disciples.

John 2:23-25
Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did.
But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men, and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.

Be a Disciple of Christ.
Grace and Understanding to us all.

(1) (Reply)

How To Win Indebtedness / A Word From GOD: By His Ward: To 9mobile And The Lunatic Most Accursed / One Word For History Makers, Those Who Shaped The Destiny Of Countless Souls Ove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.