Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. (2807 Views)

Honest Question To The Christians / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by Olufela30: 2:39pm On May 26, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
But she helped a banker.

yes... the woman's a customer just like u, she might even be a very regular one....

this happens everywhere...
Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:48pm On May 26, 2019
According to you, there is no segregation, and am wrong, fine, it's your opinion. Am glad you have not experienced something similar. Its ok.
Greatzeus:

I love the message you passed,but you don't even have to bring the woman and her mode of dressing into the discussion. Your post would still have made sense if you write it in general terms.
You are not God but you assume to know what the woman is thinking,you assume she refused to help you cos of your look,you judged her. Some were correcting you up there but you refused to take corrections. Nobody's perfect, humble yourself girl,also your entitlement mentally is bad. You assumed you should have helped you like you deserve it. Please don't relate with God this way or else you won't get shit from him. God doesn't bless those who deserve it,he blesses because he is good.
Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by TheEnforcer: 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Have you ever been denied help, attention, etc, because of the way you look? As a guy, has someone ever denied you help or given you a nasty look because of your dressing, haircut, even though your appearance was decent? For the ladies, have you experienced something similar, because someone didn't like the fact that you wear makeup, jewelries, etc? It can be painful if the ''offender'' is a ''Christian''.

There is a serious segregation in the church, with differences in dressing, mode of worship, etc, and this has affected the way Christians relate with each other.

I write this because I can still recall a little experience I once had, sharing it may touch someone. In my final year, I had gone to the bank to pay some ''dues''. There were few customers, so I was just behind a woman. She was busy with lots of cash withdrawals, I filled my teller and waited. The woman was a ''no make-up, no jewelries, kind of person, some call it the ''born again look''. Then the banker called on me, ''you want to pay in?'' I said yes I want to pay for school dues. She collected my money, counted it, then showed me a particular 500 note, she complained that the money was torn at the edge, hence she can't accept it. I looked at the money, the tear was small. I told her pls, my house is far, I can't go back home to get money, then come back, I also did not bring my ATM card, the money left in my bag is for transportation.

She still refused to collect it, saying the bank had given them instruction not to collect bad notes, that they had been receiving a lot of torn cash, and were warned to stop it. At this point, the ''born again lady was listening to our argument, and also stuffing her bag with bundles of cash. She then assessed my appearance, (I do use jewelries), she brought out some notes from a bundle of cash, and gave it to the banker, and said ''for your lunch''' cheesy. She left......ooops! It was just a note I needed, but she ignored a student, and helped a banker cheesy. Yes, I saw that she wasn't okay with the fact that I wore jewelries or trousers cheesy. I simply left as well to get money at home, but something within me asked..... ''as Christians which we claim to be, where is the love?''. If as a Christian, you are bias in helping or showing love to other Christians or people because they don't have the physical appearance that pleases you, then I think we have lost it. Jesus during His wonderful works did not show any prejudice towards people. We can become better Christians, it begins with you and I, may God help us. Peace!

If you have had similar experiences, pls share it.
Actually one of the foundations of Christianity is charity.Giving! In truth you didnt have to have asked her before she could help you.A true beleiver should help someone in need if he/ she can.So speaking from a spiritual perspective, she should have bailed you out.You are right.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by tete7000(m): 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
It was easy for you to reach your conclusion because of the way your mind works. The woman for all you know might not be a Christian, for all you know she might not even be listening to your conversation with the banker,. You judge by appearance and thus find it easy to conclude others do the same. We see life using our tainted lens. Next time when you need help ask instead of expecting others to give you help they don't owe you. Afterall the scripture says ask and it shall be given unto you. If we need to ask God who already knows what we need before we ask, how much more fellow humans in frail mold of clay..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by Fouronetwo: 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
@lilmissfavvy,i had wanted 2 have a word wit u privately.i hope u still remember me(concerning my spiritual battles)?i have tried sending u messages 4 some tyme now.i will appreciate if u drop yr contact(e-mail or fone number).pls treat as urgent.Meanwhile,my e mail add. Is < gudtalkaxxx@gmail.com.
Thanks 4 yr concern and love.
Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:48pm On Jun 12, 2019
You did not respond to my last message to you. I had send that message to you for us to talk more, before I would confirm with my instincts if I should call you. I later deleted the messages. Did you expect I would just link up with a stranger, just like that? I have never given anyone my number on this forum. I may call you tomorrow, take care.
Fouronetwo:
@lilmissfavvy,i had wanted 2 have a word wit u privately.i hope u still remember me(concerning my spiritual battles)?i have tried sending u messages 4 some tyme now.i will appreciate if u drop yr contact(e-mail or fone number).pls treat as urgent.Meanwhile,my e mail add. Is < gudtalkaxxx@gmail.com.
Thanks 4 yr concern and love.
Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by Fouronetwo: 12:15am On Jun 13, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
You did not respond to my last message to you. I had send that message to you for us to talk more, before I would confirm with my instincts if I should call you. I later deleted the messages. Did you expect I would just link up with a stranger, just like that? I have never given anyone my number on this forum. I may call you tomorrow, take care.
sorry about dat.i'll b waiting 2 hear from u.Thanks dear.
Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by elipheleh(m): 11:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
Matt.20.15 - Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with my own things? Or is your eye evil because I am good?' [NKJV]

Miss Favour, you need repentance from your covetousness.

Lists:
1. You have an evil eye
2. You are covetous of your neighbours wealth
3. You have a rubbish entitlement mentality. Imagine a begger judging you for not giving him a little part of that money you went to bank to deposit. Would you have given him/her? What makes you then think that the woman at bank had no need for all her money?
4. You are hypocritical judgemental. You have a hunch about the woman's dressing and even described her dressing somehow, but at same time you would love total acceptance of your own dressing. You analysing her already.
5. You are lazy. Next time work and earn your own money. No stranger owes you any dime.
6. You are self righteous in your own sight. What makes you think your message is worth any lesson to Christian faith? Another person may argue that God's plan is for a man to work and earn a living. The banker worked for it while you didn't. And that God abhors idle people. Some scriptures to ponder on that thought.
Luke. 10:7
, for the laborer is worthy of his wages
2Thess.3.10 - For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. [NKJV]
Etc.

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 10, 2019
Most people don't understand that the word LOVE is to be taught as a unique theory and so people need to learn how to apply it practically because it's NOT natural for imperfect {sinful} humans to LOVE for real! undecided

After the incident in Eden, humans became SINNERS and we're all born, bread and brought up under sinful conditions. So nobody should expect to be loved by humans who are overwhelmed with needs and wants, these conditions navigates our thoughts, words and actions all the times.

That's why Jesus said 'i am the way, truth and life, no-one comes to the father except through me' John 14:6
Jesus could say this because he is the only human that has ever lived on this earth without the force of demanding conditions based on earthly desires. He is not one of us! John 8:23

So for us to make the earth a Paradise where LOVE will permeate our society, we must know the THEORY of
*How did we get here?
*What's our purpose here?
*What are we to expect in the future?

Then how do we PRACTICALLY APPLY the THEORY so that we can start enjoying few BENEFITS for the moment!

Well that's what Christianity is all about.
But Satan has succeeded in planting false religious groups everywhere claiming Christians today, so while the TRUE Christians are working zealously around the globe teaching people the THEORIES and it's PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS, Satan's agents are jeopardising their effort by spreading false theories and not only that, antagonising TRUE Christians everywhere they finds them.

So what you're thirsty for LOVE could only be found amongst the TRUE Christians {John 13:34-35} because that's the ONE and ONLY place where the real THEORIES and the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS is been taught! John 17:20-23

Satan knows all thess facts that's why he's blindfolding ignorant people to vilify the TRUE Christians! Matthew 10:22, John 17:14-16

God bless you! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 10, 2019
The last time we discussed, you insisted on some theories that's making you doubt the authenticity of God's people because they don't believe in such theories!
That's true, we are been taught today by our glorified Master, Lord and King Jesus Christ. So don't expect our teachings to correspond in any way with what Satan's agents are exhibiting. If what you're thirsty for is LOVE then you're welcome anytime in our Kingdom Halls in any part of the earth! Note that before you can start experiencing such love, you must first apply what Jesus is teaching his congregations throughout the earth today.
Remember the good Samaritan, according to Jesus this person worship what THEY DON'T KNOW while the Jews worship what THEY KNOW! John 4:22

But if a Samaritan applies the law of love FIRST, then there is no other way Jews whose hearts are filled with apathy towards them could reciprocate than to LOVE in return. That's how it works! wink

So be prepared to learn about LOVE from true Christians {Jehovah's Witnesses} though we're also imperfect humans like everyone else but because we keep learning from the greatest counselor of all times {Jesus} the LOVE has conquered amongst the stronghold of world's greatest racists nations! John 13:34-35 smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by Witlee(m): 5:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Have you ever been denied help, attention, etc, because of the way you look? As a guy, has someone ever denied you help or given you a nasty look because of your dressing, haircut, even though your appearance was decent? For the ladies, have you experienced something similar, because someone didn't like the fact that you wear makeup, jewelries, etc? It can be painful if the ''offender'' is a ''Christian''.

There is a serious segregation in the church, with differences in dressing, mode of worship, etc, and this has affected the way Christians relate with each other.

I write this because I can still recall a little experience I once had, sharing it may touch someone. In my final year, I had gone to the bank to pay some ''dues''. There were few customers, so I was just behind a woman. She was busy with lots of cash withdrawals, I filled my teller and waited. The woman was a ''no make-up, no jewelries, kind of person, some call it the ''born again look''. Then the banker called on me, ''you want to pay in?'' I said yes I want to pay for school dues. She collected my money, counted it, then showed me a particular 500 note, she complained that the money was torn at the edge, hence she can't accept it. I looked at the money, the tear was small. I told her pls, my house is far, I can't go back home to get money, then come back, I also did not bring my ATM card, the money left in my bag is for transportation.

She still refused to collect it, saying the bank had given them instruction not to collect bad notes, that they had been receiving a lot of torn cash, and were warned to stop it. At this point, the ''born again lady was listening to our argument, and also stuffing her bag with bundles of cash. She then assessed my appearance, (I do use jewelries), she brought out some notes from a bundle of cash, and gave it to the banker, and said ''for your lunch''' cheesy. She left......ooops! It was just a note I needed, but she ignored a student, and helped a banker cheesy. Yes, I saw that she wasn't okay with the fact that I wore jewelries or trousers cheesy. I simply left as well to get money at home, but something within me asked..... ''as Christians which we claim to be, where is the love?''. If as a Christian, you are bias in helping or showing love to other Christians or people because they don't have the physical appearance that pleases you, then I think we have lost it. Jesus during His wonderful works did not show any prejudice towards people. We can become better Christians, it begins with you and I, may God help us. Peace!

Give me your number I want to treat you right as a man

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by kwaso2: 9:32am On Oct 26, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
She helped a banker, and ignored a helpless student. I did not ask. I agree with your last paragraph. Believe me, if we Christian's keep praising each other, and see nothing wrong with all of our actions, we may get lost completely.
I think u are not being realistic. U should know that ur appearance(Jewelleries, make up and trousers) irritates such persons. Don't expect anything from anybody, even inside the church. If u need assistance, humbly ask, any descent person will help, whether Christian or not, student, worker or unemployed.

Another thought line; in life, we will stoope to conquer

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by IamPlato(m): 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
There Is A Book A Foreign Friend Of Mine Is Writing, I Will Be Helping Him Sell It. Its Titled "how Not To Be A Victim Of Religion: Why You Are Still Poor"
Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
Hmmmm.......I wish you did not advertise it here. You know I was blasted and criticized for writing this thread, so I wish the thread sunks deep into the abyss of NL.
IamPlato:
There Is A Book A Foreign Friend Of Mine Is Writing, I Will Be Helping Him Sell It. Its Titled "how Not To Be A Victim Of Religion: Why You Are Still Poor"
Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by IamPlato(m): 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Hmmmm.......I wish you did not advertise it here. You know I was blasted and criticized for writing this thread, so I wish the thread sunks deep into the abyss of NL.
Lol. You Shouldnt Be Scared Of Speaking The Truth
Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by Nobody: 5:09am On Dec 30, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

Someone like you will make that your bf life miserable because of your attitude. We have a lot of people like you in church.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
Don't mind this girl that cannot ever accept her faults and take corrections. Is it your money to begin with?? You judged that woman joor. Stop justifying and denying it. If u looked all slayed-up and indecent to her, then it is her choice to give u her money or not. Playing the victim card aint gonna help matters, darl. Remember, not everyone can stand the sight of some certain ladies who might appear indecent and supetficial, worldly and so on. You act like you could read the woman's thoughts just becaused she assessed your looks. Did u give us details on how tight your jeans were? How provocative u looked? Long claws as fingernails and so on? You were clever to no include details and u come here looking for pity. Dress the way u want to be addressed! You know why she didnt give u her money , but gave the cashier, but u want to live in "denial" Stop trying to use christianity to emotionally blackmail anyone jareh... We see through your tricks. That is why almost everyone did not support you as u thought they would. I know ur type of girls and I am always snubbing them in real life well, well. They think they can always have it their own way and get favours just because they think they are "attractive ladies" according to worldly standards ONLY sha. I always enjoy disappointing them and in d process humbling them, and they adjust their ways around me afterwards. No time for such foolishness. No one is too hawt(hot) for anyone. They should humble themselves. P.S this was not bashing oh, because u keep saying guys bash u(when they disagree with your points)
Greatzeus:

I love the message you passed,but you don't even have to bring the woman and her mode of dressing into the discussion. Your post would still have made sense if you write it in general terms.
You are not God but you assume to know what the woman is thinking,you assume she refused to help you cos of your look,you judged her. Some were correcting you up there but you refused to take corrections. Nobody's perfect, humble yourself girl,also your entitlement mentally is bad. You assumed you should have helped you like you deserve it. Please don't relate with God this way or else you won't get shit from him. God doesn't bless those who deserve it,he blesses because he is good.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? / What Is The Significance Of Benediction In The Catholic Curch? / Africa's Wealthiest Pastors Are Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.