Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

How Prompt Do U Respond To Ur Siblings Call? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Prompt Do U Respond To Ur Siblings Call? (394 Views)

Husband Discovers That His Wife’s Supposed Four Siblings Are Her Children / How Will You Respond To This As A Nigerian Mother? / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Prompt Do U Respond To Ur Siblings Call? by rexlims(m): 6:02am On May 26, 2019
This topic is born out of an experience I had years ago and lying down on my bed I just thought to share cos someone may be learn from it.
In 2007, around September I guess, while waiting for nysc call up, d time was past 5pm on that fateful day, I got a call from my younger brother who was 17 years at that time that I should meet him around a popular junction and he sounded hysterical. I had just got back from and errand my dad sent me on and I was tired, but somehow I had this rush to go out, immediately, I jumped into d car I had come with without telling my parents where I was heading for. The way I left, got them worried. In less than 5 mins I was with my brother. Lo and behold a lady not more than 33 years of age was holding him by d shirt and that my brother should provide her gold necklace that he had stolen from her. While all this was going on, a crowd has started to gather, d moment I got there, I didn't ask what was happening, I went straight to d woman and ask her to leave his shirt. Which she did, I guess my sudden appearance from no where startled her, thinking I was a policeman and I immediately whisked my brother to d car, I quickly gave d lady my fathers name and I drove off in frightening speed. Back home my parents were apprehensive as to d way I left and before they will know it I had gotten back home with my brother and I narrated to them all that happened. My parents and I then asked my brother what happened, he told us that himself and his girlfriend had gone to d city center to buy some things and coming back they took an intra city bus. They were d first set of passengers and afterwards, d woman entered of course he was sitting close to d woman. Few junctions to our own junction, d woman raised an alarm that her gold necklace is missing, my brother paid little attention to her and continued discussing with d girlfriend. As other people where asking d woman about it that was when she said she suspected that it is my brother that took it.
Moments later, d woman came to our house in d company of some boys, they demanded for my brother, my father calmly told them to wait let us hear from d woman, she narrated her story and my brother narrated his. My father simply asked d woman to properly search her bag and purse and if she is sure it is not on her and that his son has taken it he will pay two folds. Funny enough as d woman opened her purse d necklace was sitting right there. Immediately she knelt down and started begging that she actually took it to wear it never knew she didn't. My dad just told her one thing that I will never forget in my life. My father said that if his eldest son had not reacted quickly maybe his younger son would have been killed for something he knew nothing about.
The rest is now history.
I had to bring this story up, cos of some alleged cases of theft, kidnapping and so on that may not be true example is d one that happened in Kaduna recently. Sometimes these people may just be victims of circumstances. Good morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Prompt Do U Respond To Ur Siblings Call? by Acidosis(m): 6:27am On May 26, 2019
Thanks for sharing this

1 Like

Re: How Prompt Do U Respond To Ur Siblings Call? by SageMK: 7:08am On May 26, 2019
Wow. Nice of you to share.

A lot to learn from this especially for people like me that sits quietly and watch the phone light up and then down.

1 Like

Re: How Prompt Do U Respond To Ur Siblings Call? by choice17(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2019
Nice one Op,
Your brother was really lucky he was not lynch on immediately
Whenever i see my family in need, I put everything aside and respond to their needs to the best of my abilities. Family comes first above every other thing

1 Like

Re: How Prompt Do U Respond To Ur Siblings Call? by Biglittlelois(f): 1:58pm On May 26, 2019
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Invites Flies To Destroy My Soya Milk Business – Woman Tells Court / Mom's Reaction After Seeing His Son Who Left For Canada For First Time In Years / SAD As Nigerian Mother Delivers Baby With His Intestines Outside- See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.