Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos (62805 Views)

Boy Jumps Into A Canal, Drowns While Allegedly Being Chased By NDLEA Officers / Man Found Inside Canal In Lagos, Handed Over To The Police (Photos) / Kidnapper Discovered Inside A Canal In Mushin, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 26, 2019
spiralwedge:

No choice? We can start by boycotting aboki okada riders. I just arrived from Kano, I still can't believe how they drive there and still few accident occurrences. Na mad driving dey there, just like the abokis in Lagos.

When you get to some places you got no choice, Ekpoma for example you sure have to use the okada, there’s no two ways about it.
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by dynamic007(m): 10:07pm On May 26, 2019
That expressway no longer has traffic since it was completed but it is still a popular route for bikes. If only she had boarded a bus, better to be late than to be the late. Secondly, manhole covers are usually stollen just as the valve heads for fire hydrants installed in Lagos were all stolen.

2 Likes

Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by santafe(m): 10:16pm On May 26, 2019
jaxxy:
We are almost hopeless in this country not because we are not smart and capable Bt because we do not have the right discussion in this country.

We spend more time talking about politics and tribal bigotry than we talk about actually finding solutions and logical/practical steps to our problems.

GBAM!!!!!!!!!
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by gladisa7: 10:20pm On May 26, 2019
Rest in peace greatest akokoite..very painful as I pray almighty God to give your family the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by spiralwedge(m): 10:22pm On May 26, 2019
PRESENTATION:

When you get to some places you got no choice, Ekpoma for example you sure have to use the okada, there’s no two ways about it.

Of course, okadas! But I'm talking of aboki okada riders who drive as if they are on a suicide mission.
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by Okeyc230: 10:25pm On May 26, 2019
So Sad. Possibly she step wrongly into a gutter and git swept away. Who knows how she struggled to survive but lost out
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by Omoluabi16(m): 10:28pm On May 26, 2019
chai. What a loss, an avoidable one at that. That rain was heavy and windy, wish she took cover. May God comfort her family.

2 Likes

Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by chronique(m): 10:29pm On May 26, 2019
Oh no!!! How painful this must have been. I was analyzing the whole event with the brother-in-law few days back and we concluded she couldn't have been flushed down the canal based on the size of the manhole... Was seriously hoping she'd come home alive. This is so painful. I wonder how the mother would react to this news... May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

2 Likes

Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 26, 2019
spiralwedge:

Of course, okadas! But I'm talking of aboki okada riders who drive as if they are on a suicide mission.

They have invaded everywhere now, every 5 okada riders it is fair today 3 are aboki, they do the night move also, one just has to be careful and as you rightly said caution them also so they know you not in a hurry.
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by ogunsj: 10:38pm On May 26, 2019
Smile4daddy:
I thought they use to cover those manhole

Who na open it?

those manhole covers are stolen by fellow Nigerians like us. go and check bridges in Lagos, all the rails are vandalized, ijora to marine bridge lighting didn't last up to 6 months before all the cables were vandalized. Nigerians are evil and our govts is a reflection of who we are.

3 Likes

Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by enemyofprogress: 10:41pm On May 26, 2019
Chei see fine babe. Tohyorsih this babe fine pass you walahi
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by Emanodimo(m): 10:44pm On May 26, 2019
adecz:

What a waste!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

But, why did she allow an Okada
man to make a life and death decision
for her, when standers by told them
not to cross?

So sad.. cry cry cry cry cry

Sad to hear that one died in such instance.

Sometimes that corporate or smart thought can kill one if one failed to recognize being value

1 Like

Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by raphy(m): 11:03pm On May 26, 2019
oh no I even help in the last 2weeks to retweet about the missing girl.

too young to die. oh no okoda and bus riders can take life anytime so careful out there everyone .
may gentle soul R.i.P and may God give the family the strength to bear the lose.
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by Originalsly: 11:10pm On May 26, 2019
We should learn to take responsiblity for our own safety. Reckless driver.... he either drive with caution or let you off. The lada man need to be charged for manslaughter. He was told it was dangerous...but went ahead anyway. I think negligent homicide?

It was very good for the guy to alert the parent so they can have some peace of mind. Sad.
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by Okezedan(m): 11:10pm On May 26, 2019
This one pain me reach my bone marrow. Rest in paradise little girl
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by sonofElElyon: 11:10pm On May 26, 2019
Too savage

meobizy:
Chai, this is sad.
This was a case of gross negligence which took an otherwise promising life.
This news should make front page so other members can see what finally became of the woman.

Edit: I was beginning to fear as I hadn’t seen Error 502 for three days now.
I almost thought this forum was moving up in standard to compete against global brands.
It’s a good thing we still remain stagnant in these parts.
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by gbengalawal99: 11:11pm On May 26, 2019
Rip,so painful
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by Gptins(m): 11:16pm On May 26, 2019
This death was totally avoidable. May the holy spirit sensitize us toale appropriate and timely decision that will not ruin is plans for our lives.... RIP
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by hesilo(m): 11:31pm On May 26, 2019
Such a beautiful girl. In ph people steal the cover of manholes, hence endangering the lives of others. This country sha na madness dey be the ultimate character

2 Likes

Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:33pm On May 26, 2019
eyah RIP to the Lady, how will the family cope now?
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by Brightest04(m): 12:07am On May 27, 2019
Some will blame the government for this,but at this time when the rain is here,one have to be careful while walking, driving or riding.It's very important to keep to the safe side.
Don't walk,drive or ride on a flooded road where you can't see properly.
If it's not safe don't do it and don't allow others to do it.
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by wifeesnatcher(m): 12:15am On May 27, 2019
avoidable death if I must say. 26yrs cut short so early without having a fruit on earth? o dun mi gan
cry

rest on sweetheart, may your soul found peace with your Maker

1 Like

Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by AreaFada2: 12:53am On May 27, 2019
RIP.
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by Daddi: 1:07am On May 27, 2019
abbeycial:
RIP lovely sister.

some of these okada men/bus drivers are not highly intelligent or resonable when it comes to decision making.

It behoves on us to dictate how we are conveyed anytime we find ourselves as their passengers.Any slightest resistance from these dudes, pls cancel the transaction.

Am really pained by the avoidable loss and I wish the family the fortitude to bear the loss.

This brings me to my one time dilemma I've been trying to ask question on.
Boarded a bike to my exam venue and I have 5mins to get there that morning. There is space on the road for the bike to go through but the guy wants to chat with fellow bikeman, so he doesnt move fast slowing down to catch the gist from his colleague. Told this guy, I have less than 5mins to get to my venue, he replied, their's no space to pass while its obvious there's enough space. The next thing, he said I wont teach him his job do I want him to die because he's taking me to somewhere. That if I dont want to go with him again, I should give him the agreed fee for the journey. Was really furious but before I will get down get another bike will waste me 2/3minutes which will indirectly make me late. Had to stay put till the idiot keep on crawling as he like. Thought on the best way to handle the situation but there's none, so I have to endure. One of the most painful days of my life.

1 Like

Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by MetaPhysical: 2:00am On May 27, 2019
May her soul rest in peace! Very painful.

It is worth repeating here.....People, STOP riding okada. Okada is synonymous with suicide, STOP riding okada.
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by mimee9(f): 2:13am On May 27, 2019
Rip beauty
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by BCISLTD: 4:06am On May 27, 2019
Beulah77:

Leave God out of this, it is clearly the fault of our evil leaders

so Buhari left the man hole open....we are our own problem...me and you
Re: Missing Adewura Bello Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos by Mustay(m): 4:16am On May 27, 2019
Daddi:

This brings me to my one time dilemma I've been trying to ask question on.
Boarded a bike to my exam venue and I have 5mins to get there that morning. There is space on the road for the bike to go through but the guy wants to chat with fellow bikeman, so he doesnt move fast slowing down to catch the gist from his colleague. Told this guy, I have less than 5mins to get to my venue, he replied, their's no space to pass while its obvious there's enough space. The next thing, he said I wont teach him his job do I want him to die because he's taking me to somewhere. That if I dont want to go with him again, I should give him the agreed fee for the journey. Was really furious but before I will get down get another bike will waste me 2/3minutes which will indirectly make me late. Had to stay put till the idiot keep on crawling as he like. Thought on the best way to handle the situation but there's none, so I have to endure. One of the most painful days of my life.

Maybe 'better late than be late' saved you here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyelowo Fawas: “American Prostitute” Bags 12 months Imprisonment In Ilorin / Nigerian Lady Face Jail For Wrongly Accusing Two Men Of Rape / James Nwafor & The Armageddon Called The Awkuzu SARS: An Eye Witness Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.