Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! (3113 Views)

Alex Tochukwu Ogbu. The New Gigolo In Town, Women Beware / Single Lady Wants Married Women To Know Why They Date Their Husbands / Beware Of Women !! Beware Of Sex !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by RedLips3(f): 2:04am On May 06, 2007
Btw  the husband's mother is lame. Obviously she didnt raise her son well if even she believed that her son couldnt stay truthful to his wife. Pathetic people.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by Dreloaded(f): 2:08am On May 06, 2007
that is wrong, the mother wasn't lame, she simply saw a potentially unhealthy situation and warned her daughter inlaw

it is not simply a matter of 'raising him well' people decide what they will do eventually, even if they are raised well

If she bothered to heed the wise woman's advice, she may not have ended up in the position she did.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by spoilt(f): 2:08am On May 06, 2007
if the poor woman had believed her mother inlaw and sent the teacher away, the mama in law fit use that one against her in the future.  she would have selective amnesia and forget that she was the instigator .
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by spoilt(f): 2:10am On May 06, 2007
she didnt do wrong in not  believing her mother inlaw over her  husband. she simply trusted him. pity he let her down. cry
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by otokx(m): 2:12am On May 06, 2007
The woman is proud to say that her in-laws and husband had gotten used to the fact of her being absent from home for long hours in the name of work - sorry this is Nigeria. As to the man not marrying her because of the nature of her job; I quite agree. Red_lips please refer no more to me as caveman because that is behaviour is not good.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by spoilt(f): 2:16am On May 06, 2007
@ otokx
she wasnt proud of it. she just meant that everyone knew she put in long hours. do you know if she was the breadwinner? someone has got to bring the bacon home! why is it an offence only when its the woman putting it long hours. if its the guy, he's only trying to fend for his family! angry
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by Nobody: 2:19am On May 06, 2007
spoilt:

@ otokx
she wasnt proud of it. she just meant that everyone knew she put in long hours. do you know if she was the breadwinner? someone has got to bring the bacon home! why is it an offence only when its the woman putting it long hours. if its the guy, he's only trying to fend for his family! angry

I would be ashamed if my wife had to put in long hours as the breadwinner when she has 4 and 2yr olds to take care of. My aunt is guilty of same, she works really long hours and hardly has time for the kids, on the weekends that she should have time, she has to sleep long hours to make up for the lack of rest for the previous 5 working days. She's lucky, a good stream of cousins come and go everytime so there's plenty of trusted hands to take care of the 2 small girls.

We can't blame the mother-in-law, she was seeing what only experienced eyes can see. At his age, the husband should be old enough to know when to zip up his pants.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by otokx(m): 2:27am On May 06, 2007
A woman should not put in long hours on the job with children that age. I have seen cousins & relations even sisters (same mother & father) take over the home in the name of caring for the children. Before long they too will have their children by the same man and then push out both the the career woman and her children. The Nigerian society/culture in such a case will not condemn the man but treat the woman who has been thrown out worse than a divorcee.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by spoilt(f): 2:28am On May 06, 2007
@davidylan

last time i checked men can be as nuturing to children as women can.
when a man is at work his woman holds the fort. no one even knows he's away or exactly how long his hours are, when the woman is at work, the man tells all extended family members and it becomes everyone's problem that she works long and hard.why cant he hold the forte? and hold it without complaining? is a house husband so offensive to the ears?

the option of having her quit her source of livelihood doesnt have to arise everytime as the only option.just a thought!  undecided
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by Nobody: 2:33am On May 06, 2007
She doesnt have to quit her job. What of the option of taking the kids to kindergarten? Surely both are old enough to go. My mom did that as soon as we turned 3, shipped us off to kindergarten and the whole world did not collapse.

The Nigeria we live in is a male centered society, face it. How many men want to sit at home tending their babies when their wives are busy working?
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by spoilt(f): 2:46am On May 06, 2007
davidylan:

How many men want to sit at home tending their babies when their wives are busy working?

thats the attitude we should try and change. they are the man's children too. afterall she didnt climb on top of herself and get pregnant. angry
its as if a man's manhood is diminished if he closes from work and gets home before his wife.
a lot of kids dont have real relationships with their fathers because all the work on the housefront is done by the women. bathing the kids, dressing them, wiping runny noses, catching poopy diapers, having the kids permanently stuck on your hip etc is all women's work.
guys miss out on the bonding that takes place during these formative years. they should'nt help out only when mummy is at death's door.
if only they could be a little more useful in fixing snacks and basic meals and giving bathes until mummy returns they wouldn't have to recruit poisonous cousins and aunties to help. more marriages would survive if you ask me.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by acidrop(f): 7:35am On May 06, 2007
3. spend the rest of your life behind bars. Excellent choice.

datz if they catch me, no be 9ja police, 4get that thing grin
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by donjohano(m): 9:58am On May 06, 2007
Why do Nigerians always blame the "devil" when they stray? They're giving the devil a bad name.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by Reverend(m): 10:00am On May 06, 2007
It is not the devil (he does not exist) it is just good old human nature tongue
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by donjohano(m): 10:03am On May 06, 2007
Exactly.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by jgirl3: 11:10am On May 06, 2007
This is a really sad story.
When a girl gets married, there's 2 things on her mind about her mother-in-law. Pray she's dead or pray she's nice.

The woman should divorce her husband big time and run. If the teacher is pregnant (condom slip or none at all), she needs to get herself checked. Biblically, she's allowed to divorce her husband.
As for the teacher, she should have known better than to get involved with a married man. Afterall, the guy is willing to do anything to keep his marriage together and doesn't care about some stupid affair which put him in trouble.

The husband, the one that was possessed by the devil, he has no self control. I would have prayed for him to rot in hades but I'm a nice girl. smileyHe should be flogged Shari'a style and be sent out. If they were in yankee now, the woman could have sued him and taken him for all he has but since she can't. I hope she's not mumufied enough to keep a lying husband like him.

The Mother-in-Law is a bad influence. When something is not going right in her son's household, she should be able to try and resolve it by caring. Her non-chalant attitude is definitely hurting her daughter-in-law.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by hotchic1(f): 2:50pm On May 06, 2007
I think the woman herslf has left the space for that,i see no reason why a married woman will be awy from the house for over 12hours everyday leaving her husband to baby sit,even if the husband doesn't complain,i think she should be considerate and reasonable,thats damn too much and thats neglecting her home,if her husband can open a supermarket for the so called lesson teacher,i think she could have as well asked for that and take up a private business that would have saved her home because money is not everything in life.

The mother in law cannot be blamed,in fact she has been really fortunate to have such a nice mother in-law,she gave birth to her husband and i believe she must have seen some things before telling her what she told her in the first instance,she only tried to save the home by not letting the cat out of the bag and advising her

Its a pity that she has got such a LovePeddler and irresponsible man as a husband,i see no reason why a man should cheat and it would have been a different story if he had once objected to her leaving the house early in the morning and coming back late at night

Nevertheless,i think we ladies have learnt a lesson fromt his because i am very sure her so called job cannot bring her the happiness she will derive from her home and i know it can never be thesame again.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by donjohano(m): 2:55pm On May 06, 2007
She wasn't looking for happiness from her job - she was trying to make a living for both of them, and this is how her broke-ass hubby repays her!
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by RedLips3(f): 3:00pm On May 06, 2007
private business, private shop blah blah blah

Who goes to school suffering thru strikes and all sorts of garbage for a degree just to set up some stupid business like every other commoner who probably didnt even go to school.

They live in VI. Obviously an expensive place, how horrible of the woman to try to also provide some income for the family. Am I the only one who read where she said that she begged her office to relocate her? seems like it.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by RedLips3(f): 3:04pm On May 06, 2007
donjohano:

She wasn't looking for happiness from her job - she was trying to make a living for both of them, and this is how her broke-ass hubby repays her!

Thank you, jare. Bothers me greatly when it's females that cant empathize with a fellow female.

Like mentioned earlier, it's one thing had he made it clear that her hours bothered him but he didnt. Loser.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 06, 2007
hot chic:

I think the woman herslf has left the space for that,i see no reason why a married woman will be awy from the house for over 12hours everyday leaving her husband to baby sit,even if the husband doesn't complain,i think she should be considerate and reasonable,thats damn too much and thats neglecting her home,if her husband can open a supermarket for the so called lesson teacher,i think she could have as well asked for that and take up a private business that would have saved her home because money is not everything in life.

what if you married a medical doctor? would you open a private shop for her so she can be closer to home and her children and tell her to dump her over 10yrs of studying for her profession?
It's a matter of learning to balance things. both the womanand man should shoulder part of the blame, my mom always made sure she manipulated her work hours to make up time to at least be home when we were and anytime she had to go off at odd hours, my dad would take over the baby sitting. In the end we didnt need nannies to take care of us.

In the end, wifey is there or not, the man has no excuse for not being able to keep his marital vows.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by RedLips3(f): 3:27pm On May 06, 2007
Your mom was in a better position, david because as a doctor she can go to any hospital had they tried to give her problems for wanting to change around schedules. That's one of the great advantages of having a job where you pretty much have the right to make the rules.

My mom's a workholic, as a nurse she worked too damn much and always wanted more hours to have money for us in Nigeria.  growing up before leaving to stay with extended family in Nigeria, we pretty much saw my dad the most. He helped with homework, food, he's a germaphobe so he was always cleaning, everything. When she had time, she did tons of shit too. That's how it goes. Marriage is about sharing responsiblities and compromises

Not making dumb excuses like "well had she been around then I wouldnt have cheated", the fact that both male and female are defending that reasoning makes me sick.
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 06, 2007
Red_Lips:

Not making dumb excuses like "well had she been around then I wouldnt have cheated", the fact that both male and female are defending that reasoning makes me sick.

at the end of the day, the lesson here is that the man had NO excuse to cheat whether his wife was there or not. Guys, keep ya randy stick inside your zipper, it will bring you nothing but sorrow when used on anyone but madam!
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by Tendency86(m): 2:54am On Sep 12, 2019
acidrop:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked what a pig the husband is, and a dog the teacher is, datz total home braeker, i would do the same kill the teacher, and beat the shit out of my husband
This is a loud noise. What is piggy about in the man, abi him for come to you to cure him konji?
Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by lilmonarch(m): 7:51am On Sep 12, 2019
donjohano:
Why do Nigerians always blame the "devil" when they stray? They're giving the devil a bad name.

Re: An Eye Opener: Married Women---Beware! by lilmonarch(m): 7:55am On Sep 12, 2019
donjohano:
a director at a pharmaceutical company broke ass? Did you read the story at all?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Guys Are So Absent-minded / Is This Love Or Juju In Action? / Ladies What Are Your Top 3 Reasons For Wanting A Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.