Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner (23556 Views)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / How To Check Car Owner By Number Plate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by moriss33(m): 7:42am On May 28, 2019
Why ?
Nednwoko:
I prefer the 2006 camry
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by RealEzee(m): 7:42am On May 28, 2019
DecrossCFR:

If only i can get 2004 corolla for that amount.. I still desire EOD
guy 2004 no get difference ooo same engine n e go pay u, well EOD na for only pple way dey good with cars as in cautious cos na like baby, corrola na like stubborn pikin em Rugged whether or not u pay attention to am. I know na d design of EOD dey make u trip Sha.

5 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by adeeva06(f): 7:43am On May 28, 2019
I was just about to say that. 2006-2008.

HeavenlyBang:
Buy a Civic. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Preshy561(f): 7:43am On May 28, 2019
fait10:
sharap that's his choice. Do u know if he has a business
How can you tell someone that reasons better than you to shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by sammyuche(m): 7:43am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:

Let this be the last day you'd carry yourself to my mention.
Honestly, don't try this nonsense next time.
I'm serious.
Bye.

You sound like a psycho.

5 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by mmadu5(m): 7:44am On May 28, 2019
my brother what ever ever you do i beg you in the name of GOD dont buy corolla or camry i know they are good cars but in this part of the country they are also prone to be stolen or harvested by thieves you wouldnt want to buy a car that attract car thieves my friend bought one 2003 corolla not even up to 4 days they car parts got harvested the took basically everything out of the car from the mirrors doors tires etc , your better off with an EOD or other products just make sure its a good car your buying

2 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Charly68: 7:44am On May 28, 2019
helinues:
Before you buy your first car, make sure you have extra savings at least half price of the car.

Mechanics, friends, family and colleagues shall take their rights.

Also, should your car get faults, people will first ask about your car before asking about you or your family
what kind of advice be this ? It is off discourse now ..

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by RealEzee(m): 7:45am On May 28, 2019
u can still 2004/05/06 toks Camry for 1.550/1.5 n rest ur mind, design e make sense, durability e make sense, after sale value e get. ehn I can get it for u too, tha kind tin

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Preshy561(f): 7:45am On May 28, 2019
sammyuche:

You sound like a psycho.
Takes one to dictate one.
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by boiz2men(m): 7:45am On May 28, 2019
RealEzee:
guy 2004 no get difference ooo same engine n e go pay u, well EOD na for only pple way dey good with cars as in cautious cos na like baby, corrola na like stubborn pikin em Rugged whether or not u pay attention to am. I know na d design of EOD dey make u trip Sha.
which stupid design

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by lonelydora: 7:46am On May 28, 2019
DecrossCFR:
Good day Fam,

I'm an average salary earner and I'll be buying my first car soon preferably Honda EOD 2005 Toks but I've got mixed feelings considering the wide complaints about the spec.

I've been dreaming of that car for long hence your advise is highly solicited on the pros and cons. I don't want a car that will drain me financially. Toyota corolla is another option but my budget can't exceed that.

What should i look out for?

EOD is one of the strongest cars ever made by Honda. I have driven mine for 8 years now, and have refused to sell it. I own others cars but EOD delivers whenever i call upon it

2 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Areaboy2(m): 7:48am On May 28, 2019
If your concern is extremely low maintenance, then Corolla for sure..
if you like the prestige and performance, then eod for sure.. just remember to stay away from the v6 engines of that year.. they were notoriously good at damaging your gearbox.. it's a cost you dont need..

4 cylinder with good maint history should be perfect.. remember to be very careful with the supporting struts and suspension.. you know the typical Honda fear..

The Camry of the same year is poor on equipment and looks bland inside. Else I would have advised for that one.
Plus, the Corolla is just a thief magnet grin

In summary, I'll say go for the Honda.. take care of your car and in return you'll enjoy her..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by IamSoProlific: 7:50am On May 28, 2019
lonelydora:

EOD is one of the strongest cars ever made by Honda. I have driven mine for 8 years now, and have refused to sell it. I own others cars but EOD delivers whenever i call upon it

6 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by boiz2men(m): 7:50am On May 28, 2019
Christian591433:
[sup][/sup]
fool
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by mmadu5(m): 7:54am On May 28, 2019
Christian591433:
[sup][/sup]

admin do something about this idiot immediately the gorilla keeps spamming every thread
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Nobody: 7:55am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:

No, but you see the way he's lamenting that he doesn't want the car to drain his money.
Says alot about how much that he will be left in his account after fighting to impress his street girls.
He should invest the money, or give himself sometime to garner enough money to buy good and quality car instead of buying gwura gwura. Cos he will still abandon it to get another car when another money comes in.
Waste of fund.

Can we get married already? All expenses on me.
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Acidosis(m): 7:55am On May 28, 2019
The corolla madness in this country is too much abeg. Wtf is wrong with Nigerians and their bandwagon mentality?

Must it always be Corolla and Accord? Look at other options: Toyota Yaris, VW Passat, Mazda 6, etc. You can even get more recent models of these brands at same cost.

By the way, I hope you have some reasonable sum of money saved somewhere for contingencies? The idea of using one's life savings to acquire not just a car but one as old as a 16 or 17 year old University student, is extremely nauseating.

May God deliver us from the stronghold of poverty and senseless struggle in this country.

11 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Birdeyeview: 7:55am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:
You really don't have sense.
e pele ma

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by RealEzee(m): 7:56am On May 28, 2019
boiz2men:
which stupid design
u Don dey mad abi, shey if them put eod and corrola, which design make sense pass? abeg carry ur problem go sambisa.
na people like u if them give u choice between wraith and passat u go still go for passat.

___________:________::_

my beloved brother way won buy ride no mind this yeye guy ooo, EOD still make sense, just take care of it n mehn it will not fall ur hand, d design sweet ja re.

2 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Charly68: 8:02am On May 28, 2019
We have different tastes and choices in life...since your dreamed car is EOD why not buy a good one for yourself and leave the rest for God . When I bought my first car,I tell you ,I had fear on how to sustain its maintenance but looking back today ,I can say the fear was unfounded . Don't let anyone discourage you ,every car is good provided you have good maintenance culture.. From Datsun bluebird,to Benz,Camry ,Ford villager ,Siena & Avenssus,I had no serious issue with any of them because I ensured they are well maintained .That is the key my brother.. Wishing you best of luck as get your dreamed car

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Hoodbilonia: 8:05am On May 28, 2019
Buy nissan altima
Make sure it is SE and not flooded or accideted badly
Asin madly
Check for airbags pullout
I willadvise u to scan the motor beforeu buy am o
As a first timer buy eod passat,audi,bmw,or u wan do biggest boy
Buy awon ES,IS,GS dem
Lexus v6 only
If u like go and buy v6 wen u never soft
U go hail
Better buy naija used clean car and learn
Most ppl started with naija used
No biggie
Even some street boys don buy used benz of 3m
Spray am.e clean pass toks but u no go believe

My next car is fj cruiser
Mad rugged
Mud truck
Best for naija roads at top speed

Fear go let road safety or all of dem for ore highway stop me
I go clear them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Nobody: 8:06am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:
So car is your priority?
With your small change that you still need to invest in more profitable business, it's car to carry ladies up and down that's your problem.
hope you can afford to bring out 1.5m?

7 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by dicksonadams(m): 8:06am On May 28, 2019
RZArecta2:
Even Rolls Royce and Ferrari’s have their own issue but some cars are more evil than others. If you decide to go down that Corolla route, be sure to install a tracker and make sure you do comprehensive insurance (no two ways about it) . As per that Accord, if you should buy it, make sure you use recommended transmission fluids (NOT ABRO OR ANY NONSENSE O, contact Luvinghubby if you have doubts) also check your legs regularly in order to prevent stories that touch. Me ? I prefer 07/08 >>> Civic but that’s just me

Boss please any known issues and what the best fluid and coolant
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Preshy561(f): 8:08am On May 28, 2019
Mk93:

hope you can afford to bring out 1.5m?
No, and what are you gonna do about that?
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Preshy561(f): 8:09am On May 28, 2019
Birdeyeview:
e pele ma
Good boy.
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Rubbiish(m): 8:10am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:
So car is your priority?
With your small change that you still need to invest in more profitable business, it's car to carry ladies up and down that's your problem.
The bold perception is very very wrong
I guess it is as a result of poverty
Not everyone buy a car to carry women, if you work in city, you will know d important of car. How about rev. Fathers, do they also buy car to carry women?

8 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by DecrossCFR(m): 8:11am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:
So car is your priority?

You don't even know me.. How daft can you be!

7 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by IamPlato(m): 8:12am On May 28, 2019
Why Not Build A House First
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Nobody: 8:12am On May 28, 2019
Bro go for your mind, i bought my first car Honda DC for 1.5M 2007 model, i feel like buying another one, it gives me all i needed.

Toyota is overrated and unnecessary expensive, everything in life require maintenance, if you give the necessary attention and maintenance to it, you will enjoy it.

3 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Facidio: 8:12am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:
So car is your priority?

Who be this one?

5 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Preshy561(f): 8:13am On May 28, 2019
Facidio:

Who be this one?
Your aunty that has come to dash you sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funny Car Concept For Kia: A Car With A Different Specs / Little Known Car Fuel Wasters And Fuel Saving Tips / Uganda Manufactures First Solar-powered Bus In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.