Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner (23557 Views)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / How To Check Car Owner By Number Plate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:59am On May 28, 2019
shortgun:
Go n buy a Benz and stand out... shine like a Star
With that amount u can get a W202.
Zero leg pulling
Zero theft
Minimal maintenance.
Disgrace n humiliate d latest Toyotas n Hondas on d road.
Rugged, unkillable engine grin
Cheap spare parts.
Do ur James bonding on d road with confidence.
Let me stop here wink

is there anything to add to all you've said? Nope... Never... You can never go wrong with a W202 especially if it's toks....

3 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:59am On May 28, 2019
badoh:
If you add 100k to that 1.5m, you can still get 2003 Corrola for 1.6m. That's my advise

Add 100k and carry dis 04 and thank me later

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by damzy88: 8:59am On May 28, 2019
Acidosis:
The corolla madness in this country is too much abeg. Wtf is wrong with Nigerians and their bandwagon mentality?

Must it always be Corolla and Accord? Look at other options: Toyota Yaris, VW Passat, Mazda 6, etc. You can even get more recent models of these brands at same cost.

By the way, I hope you have some reasonable sum of money saved somewhere for contingencies? The idea of using one's life savings to acquire not just a car but one as old as a 16 or 17 year old University student, is extremely nauseating.

May God deliver us from the stronghold of poverty and senseless struggle in this country.
Amen. Nigerians and 2003 Corolla. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by PotatoSalad(m): 8:59am On May 28, 2019
I would save up and get a car not more than 10 years old if I were you @OP
Don't be in a rush to buy a car. It's not something that you just buy and sell off immediately. Buying a car is like marrying a wife, once you buy, you done buy. Unless you have 1bn in the bank. Remember, if you DO NOT have the money to buy the car 3 times, keep your Money. That's always the rule.

Btw Nigerians telling others how to spend their money smh.
Is it your money?
Most of these people don't have up to 100k in their accounts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by femi4: 9:00am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:
So car is your priority?
With your small change that you still need to invest in more profitable business, it's car to carry ladies up and down that's your problem.
poverty mentality ....there are biz you cant run well without a car

6 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by computerglobal(m): 9:00am On May 28, 2019
By ordering a vehicle history report from us, you can remove most of the guesswork to determine if a used car has been involved in accidents or had major repairs that may not make it worth your investment.

Diagnose and Run a history check on your Car To Know Internal Problems
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by bluecircle470: 9:05am On May 28, 2019
Amuocha:
Wait for Mexico hurricane impacted cars to arrive Lagos

Can i get Lexus of 330 of such for 1.5 please.
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by iamtoptee: 9:06am On May 28, 2019
EOD for 1.5m is too much
My neighbour got his tokunbo last year for 1m
My advice: shine your eyes

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by bluebay(m): 9:12am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:
So car is your priority?
With your small change that you still need to invest in more profitable business, it's car to carry ladies up and down that's your problem.
You mumu I swear .. It’s your type that do publish books on how to become a millionaire which you trek. If you k ow the importance of owning a car, you won’t think twice.. Looking Good is a Good Business..
I will advice you to go for the EOD. If you bring considerate about the fuel economy, Go for the 2004 V4. I don’t like Corolla and it gat no quality and power compared to the Honda. Dashboard, AC, Engine and Soundsystem ..

5 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by DoggoneDogg: 9:13am On May 28, 2019
Preshy561:

Then, stop crying about money, yen yen yen!!
Add another 100k, and your account will amount to nothing.☹☹☹

Why are the moderators allowing this troll derail this good thread? Her comments are really disgusting. lalasticlala mynd44 seun please ban this troll for a few weeks so that her frustration can come down.

11 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by DoggoneDogg: 9:14am On May 28, 2019
adeeva06:
aunti oponu.

I really don't understand why she sounds so bitter. As if she knows the poster personally. lalasticlala mynd44 seun please ban that troll up there insulting everyone. Shemight be possessed. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by bluebay(m): 9:15am On May 28, 2019
Yomboy4ever:

Add 100k and carry dis 04 and thank me later
I rather use 1.4M buy Nigeria Used clean Hunda 2008-2010 model or buy Used clean Toyota Spider for 1.5M than buy this Rubbish car

6 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by DoggoneDogg: 9:15am On May 28, 2019
GreyBlood:
why don't you calm down and give up already? You drew the first blood by making a senseless statement in a mature topic and people are coming for you and you're still trying to fight dirty to sound convincing.

I tire. She has really spoilt this good thread. lalasticlala seun mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by ify1234: 9:23am On May 28, 2019
I have two car suggestions for you, they are v6 cars, but u won't feel it that much. They are in same league as the cars u want, but look nicer, atleast more prestigious,"not thief' friendly, pocket friendly in terms of maintenance. The cars are

1) Toyota avalaon: 2001 to 2004
2) Lexus es 300 : 2002-2004

If you don't have a lot of money, still want to look a bit classy and reseeved, go for them. The second one is a bit above ur budget anyways, think about it.

5 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:30am On May 28, 2019
bluebay:

I rather use 1.4M buy Nigeria Used clean Hunda 2008-2010 model or buy Used clean Toyota Spider for 1.5M than buy this Rubbish car

Your choice anyways, but talking to the Op Sir not you if you like use ur money buy 2019 Danfo..

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Frydae: 9:32am On May 28, 2019
pls buy 2000 model toyota rav 4.... look for the model with 1999 toyota camry type of engine....... rain, sun, shine, harmattan, flood,.... you will just keep driving through with a smile..... parts are also affordable: that's when they remember to breakdown o.... that car just keeps going. but carry a mechanic along for inspection so u dont buy accidented n re-fixed

3 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by tstx(m): 9:35am On May 28, 2019
largeman4u:
Buy a Toyota Corolla. you wont regret buying.

you can check our blog to see over 160 Car deals @ www.largemanmotors..com

When yiu are ready to move to your own domain - > Largemanmotors.com° Contact me. My fees are amazingly affordable
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by mybestlove(m): 9:45am On May 28, 2019
You know Nigerians are very stupid and senseless when it comes to motorization. As a first car, that EOD or Corolla is not the issue rather getting a car that will be friendly with your pocket.
American spec cars are not the idle one. Look at fuel economy because we are 99% sure that price of fuel will go up soon. The lowest engine capacity of an Honda EOD is 2.0, 2.2 and the v6. I will advise you get a car of 1.6, 1.8. All these American jumbo engines are suffering and smiling

3 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by gonkin(m): 9:49am On May 28, 2019
DecrossCFR:
Good day Fam,

I'm an average salary earner and I'll be buying my first car soon preferably Honda EOD 2005 Toks but I've got mixed feelings considering the wide complaints about the spec.

I've been dreaming of that car for long hence your advise is highly solicited on the pros and cons. I don't want a car that will drain me financially. Toyota corolla is another option but my budget can't exceed that.

What should i look out for?

No even try am.
What is 200k that u can add. Better be patient and buy something that won't make u give ur car to kazeem every 2 weeks.
Honda requires lots of maintenance. They have high performance engines but weak framework.

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Chechem: 9:51am On May 28, 2019
computerglobal:
Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase.
How can I reach you?

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Fhowe: 10:00am On May 28, 2019
whatever car you want to buy i will personally advice you go to the market and know the cost of the parts such as how much is the engine ,gear box ,and the legs make sure it is what you can afford easily should it be issues come up then you can make your choice

2 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by stephenwa(m): 10:03am On May 28, 2019
Hmmm..well to me..every vehicle has his own issues in 1way or the other.. Camry..EOD..Corolla.. All You should focus on is to avoid buying an accidental car..if you can get EOD..CAMRY..COROLLA..which is accidental free well service and less milage..Brother u will enjoy ur car..and don't forget to always service the car regular.. Car is a liability..it most be maintain regularly..don't buy accidental car because its cheap or fall withing ur budget... No management on cars..or it will Bleep u up on a very good day..u will not see cry cry cry cry that day..be Wise

5 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Shinanegance: 10:05am On May 28, 2019
justiniyke29:
how can someone advice you to pick a corolla over an accord?they are not mate na, the accord main competitor is the camry.
Moreover that corolla is boring, bland, soulless, small, too common and a friend or thiefs.
I wouldnt touch one with a long spoon, buy the accord or big for nothing, maintainance are similar and cheap.

This fact is like hawt potatoes
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by computerglobal(m): 10:08am On May 28, 2019
Chechem:
How can I reach you?

Check my profile signature sir

Contact us on Whats-app now directly . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by angieoluwa: 10:12am On May 28, 2019
You can get my Honda Civic 2008 for the price..
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by HeGeMon(m): 10:14am On May 28, 2019
Guy you wikid grin but no be lie, I have one too, sports model for that matter, people just stop and stare everytime I pass by
shortgun:
Zero leg pulling
Zero theft
Minimal maintenance.
Cheap spare parts.
Let me stop here wink

3 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by ghost3040: 10:23am On May 28, 2019
post=78784147:
For a first timer.... A good EOD in a very good condition is a very good choice.

You won't regret it.
Felix Terungwa Dav.. U are not in a position to give suggestions.. U are not a car owner..just face ur rotten vulture BBQ business.. angry

3 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Zaikon(m): 10:23am On May 28, 2019
shortgun:
Zero leg pulling
Zero theft
Minimal maintenance.
Cheap spare parts.
Let me stop here wink

plus uniquness

4 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Danielomisco(m): 10:23am On May 28, 2019
Why is nobody talking about 406 ?views please..thanks

1 Like

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by rockstar27(m): 10:36am On May 28, 2019
AS FOR ME, CAR IS AN ANOTHER EXPENSES FOR U. WHAT PLAN HAVE U LAID DOWN TO HAVE UR OWN HOUSE OR U HAVE BUILD IT? IF YES EXERCISE PATIENT AND SAVE MORE MONEY TO PURCHASE UR DESIRE CAR BUT IF U HAVEN'T GET UR OWN HOUSE, PLS BOSS TRY AND SPEND THAT MONEY ON HOW TO GET UR OWN HOUSE... THAT'S MY OWN LITTLE ADVISE HOPE I SAY WELL?
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by EPIJOE: 10:41am On May 28, 2019
LETS ALL BE SINCERE, I KNEW OP HAS LOVE FOR EOD. BUT I WOULD RATHER ADVICE U GO FOR A COROLLA, OR A CAMRY BIG FOR NOTING, PARTS ARE EVERYWHERE. EASY TO MAINTAIN AND DO IT YOURSELF OPTIONS IF U ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN PUTTING EYES ON YOUR KAZEEMS.

I MEANT CHANGING FUSES YOURSELF,
SERVICING DRAINING OIL YOURSELF IF U HAVE THE TIME, CHANGING FILTERS, AND ALSO CHECKING YOUR TEMP AND WATER LEVEL EVERY 3 TIMES A WEEK DEPEND ON USAGE.

HONDA MOSTLY HAVE ISSUES, WITH LEGS, TRANSMISSION AND ELECTRICALS. ONCE THEY START THERE PROBLEM, U WOULD RUN.

If you want to enjoy Honda cars from 2008 models are very good. Alot have changed in there brand.

Op with the little amount you have, go for a Corolla or a Camry.

2 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Nobody: 10:48am On May 28, 2019
DecrossCFR:
Good day Fam,

I'm an average salary earner and I'll be buying my first car soon preferably Honda EOD 2005 Toks but I've got mixed feelings considering the wide complaints about the spec.

I've been dreaming of that car for long hence your advise is highly solicited on the pros and cons. I don't want a car that will drain me financially. Toyota corolla is another option but my budget can't exceed that.

What should i look out for?
Go for EOD but make sure u get a very clean one, I have been using EOD from 2013 to 2016 without any major issue.
Its very luxurious compare to corolla 2003, 2005,2007.
It fuel consumption is ok i.e 80km per 10litres (city driving)
While u can get 100km per 10litres (highway driving)
All depend on your driving habit.
Dont let local mechanics aka Kazeem touch your car.
While inspection ensure u scan the vehicle if check engine light on the dashboard is illuminated. (It normally come with 02 sensor issue, which u can get cheaply otherwise it will guzzle fuel.)

Congrat in advance

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funny Car Concept For Kia: A Car With A Different Specs / Little Known Car Fuel Wasters And Fuel Saving Tips / Uganda Manufactures First Solar-powered Bus In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.